• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:52
CEST 05:52
KST 12:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8088 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 168

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Barburas
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom247 Posts
December 07 2011 07:10 GMT
#3341
On December 07 2011 15:39 GDR wrote:
I think, wow, we may need to throw Huk and MKP on the back burner. Slayers_Brown, woah.


He's quite nice indeed :D

But I do get the feeling he won't be to everyone's taste.
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 07:23:01
December 07 2011 07:21 GMT
#3342
On December 07 2011 16:10 Barburas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 15:39 GDR wrote:
I think, wow, we may need to throw Huk and MKP on the back burner. Slayers_Brown, woah.


He's quite nice indeed :D

But I do get the feeling he won't be to everyone's taste.


He has very nice facial features I think. Oh, and hair.

But maybe you're right.
Silverfoxx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
December 07 2011 07:28 GMT
#3343
On December 07 2011 16:10 Barburas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 15:39 GDR wrote:
I think, wow, we may need to throw Huk and MKP on the back burner. Slayers_Brown, woah.


He's quite nice indeed :D

But I do get the feeling he won't be to everyone's taste.


This. He just doesn't appeal to me like huk and MKP do. Can't put an EXACT finger to it, but I think it's the pronounced cheek bones...

...wait. Nothing QUITE does it for me in the nicer pictures of him, but for the GSL ones, is it just me or does he look sick? >_>
The fox is back.
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
December 07 2011 07:29 GMT
#3344
On December 07 2011 16:28 Silverfoxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 16:10 Barburas wrote:
On December 07 2011 15:39 GDR wrote:
I think, wow, we may need to throw Huk and MKP on the back burner. Slayers_Brown, woah.


He's quite nice indeed :D

But I do get the feeling he won't be to everyone's taste.


This. He just doesn't appeal to me like huk and MKP do. Can't put an EXACT finger to it, but I think it's the pronounced cheek bones...

...wait. Nothing QUITE does it for me in the nicer pictures of him, but for the GSL ones, is it just me or does he look sick? >_>


I think maybe makeup, but I don't think he looks sick. I like him. :D
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 07 2011 13:01 GMT
#3345
Brown? Absolutely not.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 13:20 GMT
#3346
Sorry, still love Huk more.
#2throwed
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
December 07 2011 13:46 GMT
#3347
I enjoy looking at (P)Testie(s) more
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 14:46 GMT
#3348
On December 07 2011 22:46 Roe wrote:
I enjoy looking at (P)Testie(s) more


Icuwutudidthar?
#2throwed
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 19:56 GMT
#3349
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.
#2throwed
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 07 2011 21:47 GMT
#3350
That has to be the worst feeling ever Klondikebar. So sorry to hear that
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
December 07 2011 21:53 GMT
#3351
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 21:59 GMT
#3352
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.
#2throwed
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 22:11:50
December 07 2011 22:05 GMT
#3353
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

Well I am a gay person who is pretty religious (Christian Atheism) and you might as well read her the Bible verse that condemns homosexuality. In Leviticus, you cannot eat shrimp, plant two different seeds in the same row of a farm, and elsewhere int the Bible, a guy was killed by God because he did not cum inside of a woman and withdrew. The Bible also condemns adultery and condoned genocide, slavery, rape, and war. That is the Old Testament.

And the New Testament is better, (but it still has a lot of weird shit and if we took it literally, life would be hell.) So ask her if homosexuality is a sin, then is eating shrimp as sin? In my interpretation as a Christian, times change and it is absolutely okay to pick and choose. Christianity is not suppose to be someone subject to a power that probably does not exist, it is suppose to be a philosophy.

I guess it is best if you avoid the subject of religion, but judging someone worthy of sin, which means damnation to eternal torture, starved, thirst, and pain, forever and ever that is never going to end (the Holocaust is not even this sick) is not something to be taken lightly.

And if God is indeed perfect, he does not require worship.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 22:11 GMT
#3354
On December 08 2011 07:05 Shiragaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

Well I am a gay person who is pretty religious (Christian Atheism) and you might as well read her the Bible verse that condemns homosexuality. In Leviticus, you cannot eat shrimp, plant two different seeds in the same row of a farm, and elsewhere int the Bible, a guy was killed by God because he did not cum inside of a woman and withdrew. The Bible also condemns adultery and condoned genocide, slavery, rape, and war. That is the Old Testament.

And the New Testament is better, (but it still has a lot of weird shit and if we took it literally, life would be hell.) So ask her if homosexuality is a sin, then is eating shrimp as sin? In my interpretation as a Christian, times change and it is absolutely okay to pick and choose. Christianity is not suppose to be someone subject to a power that probably does not exist, it is suppose to be a philosophy.

I guess it is best if you avoid the subject of religion, but judging someone worthy of sin, which means damnation to eternal torture, starved, thirst, and pain, forever and ever that is never going to end (the Holocaust is not even this sick) is not something to be taken lightly.


I guess I'll have to do that at some point when I can muster up the courage. This is gonna suck. Having to try to reason with your best friend to accept you isn't something I should have to do dammit!
#2throwed
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
December 07 2011 22:14 GMT
#3355
On December 08 2011 07:11 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 07:05 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

Well I am a gay person who is pretty religious (Christian Atheism) and you might as well read her the Bible verse that condemns homosexuality. In Leviticus, you cannot eat shrimp, plant two different seeds in the same row of a farm, and elsewhere int the Bible, a guy was killed by God because he did not cum inside of a woman and withdrew. The Bible also condemns adultery and condoned genocide, slavery, rape, and war. That is the Old Testament.

And the New Testament is better, (but it still has a lot of weird shit and if we took it literally, life would be hell.) So ask her if homosexuality is a sin, then is eating shrimp as sin? In my interpretation as a Christian, times change and it is absolutely okay to pick and choose. Christianity is not suppose to be someone subject to a power that probably does not exist, it is suppose to be a philosophy.

I guess it is best if you avoid the subject of religion, but judging someone worthy of sin, which means damnation to eternal torture, starved, thirst, and pain, forever and ever that is never going to end (the Holocaust is not even this sick) is not something to be taken lightly.


I guess I'll have to do that at some point when I can muster up the courage. This is gonna suck. Having to try to reason with your best friend to accept you isn't something I should have to do dammit!

Haha, when I got in those debates with people, they often ignore or deny what I say because there is no way God could be this evil. And they do not even consider me to be Christian.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 22:18 GMT
#3356
On December 08 2011 07:14 Shiragaku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 07:11 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 07:05 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

Well I am a gay person who is pretty religious (Christian Atheism) and you might as well read her the Bible verse that condemns homosexuality. In Leviticus, you cannot eat shrimp, plant two different seeds in the same row of a farm, and elsewhere int the Bible, a guy was killed by God because he did not cum inside of a woman and withdrew. The Bible also condemns adultery and condoned genocide, slavery, rape, and war. That is the Old Testament.

And the New Testament is better, (but it still has a lot of weird shit and if we took it literally, life would be hell.) So ask her if homosexuality is a sin, then is eating shrimp as sin? In my interpretation as a Christian, times change and it is absolutely okay to pick and choose. Christianity is not suppose to be someone subject to a power that probably does not exist, it is suppose to be a philosophy.

I guess it is best if you avoid the subject of religion, but judging someone worthy of sin, which means damnation to eternal torture, starved, thirst, and pain, forever and ever that is never going to end (the Holocaust is not even this sick) is not something to be taken lightly.


I guess I'll have to do that at some point when I can muster up the courage. This is gonna suck. Having to try to reason with your best friend to accept you isn't something I should have to do dammit!

Haha, when I got in those debates with people, they often ignore or deny what I say because there is no way God could be this evil. And they do not even consider me to be Christian.


What's retarded is that I've walked people through these discussions many times. I've had it with strangers. And I've had it in my head more times than I can count. I know exactly how it's supposed to go and what all the responses are.

I've even had it with friends before! I don't know why it's so hard this time...maybe because I've spent the past two years assuming she was ok with it.
#2throwed
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 22:32:50
December 07 2011 22:30 GMT
#3357
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Oh man, this is tough.
But I don't think you can do anything, you have been the one quite clearly wronged here. I'm a hot headed guy, and I'm bad at empathising at how meaningful your ten year friendship is to you, but in your position I would livid. You have been best buds for ten years, and its clearly very meaningful to you, and should have been meaningful to her, and now she wants to fuck that up over something she had dealt with 2 years ago?
I'm getting angry about it just typing about it.
I would talk her and be frank, "You either have to get rid of these thoughts (loving the sinner hating the sin isn't good enough for you), or otherwise she is trashing this friendship", really stressing that being gay is something non-negotiable, its not like enjoying Linguine or riding a bike, you will not change, however much she or you wants to.
Also if she dares to maintain that is okay to be gay, just don't act on her urges, really fuck that bitch, any friend that willing endorses a life of mandated loneliness for someone they call a friend can fuck right off.
Now all that being said, clarify think and feel, if she feels that being gay is a sin, but doesn't think it, you should be sensitive and sympathetic, we all know how difficult it is to get rid of baggage, especially if she has spent most of her life being indoctrinated that being gay is a sin.

Anyways I'm well aware that my advice could be wicked bad advice, so take it all with a pinch of salt.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 22:34 GMT
#3358
On December 08 2011 07:30 Kerotan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Oh man, this is tough.
But I don't think you can do anything, you have been the one quite clearly wronged here. I'm a hot headed guy, and I'm bad at empathising at how meaningful your ten year friendship is to you, but in your position I would livid. You have been best buds for ten years, and its clearly very meaningful to you, and should have been meaningful to her, and now she wants to fuck that up over something she had dealt with 2 years ago?
I'm getting angry about it just typing about it.
I would talk her and be frank, "You either have to get rid of these thoughts (loving the sinner hating the sin isn't good enough for you), or otherwise she is trashing this friendship", really stressing that being gay is something non-negotiable, its not like enjoying Linguine or riding a bike, you will not change, however much she or you wants to.
Also if she dares to maintain that is okay to be gay, just don't act on her urges, really fuck that bitch, any friend that willing endorses a life of mandated loneliness for someone they call a friend can fuck right off.
Now all that being said, clarify think and feel, if she feels that being gay is a sin, but doesn't think it, you should be sensitive and sympathetic, we all know how difficult it is to get rid of baggage, especially if she has spent most of her life being indoctrinated that being gay is a sin.

Anyways I'm well aware that my advice could be wicked bad advice, so take it all with a pinch of salt.



Haha, it's wicked bad advice right up until the end where it gets really good. We've both grown up in extremely conservative environments. She's shedding a lot of baggage by still just being my friend. Although that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.
#2throwed
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 22:47:03
December 07 2011 22:39 GMT
#3359
On December 08 2011 07:34 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 07:30 Kerotan wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Oh man, this is tough.
But I don't think you can do anything, you have been the one quite clearly wronged here. I'm a hot headed guy, and I'm bad at empathising at how meaningful your ten year friendship is to you, but in your position I would livid. You have been best buds for ten years, and its clearly very meaningful to you, and should have been meaningful to her, and now she wants to fuck that up over something she had dealt with 2 years ago?
I'm getting angry about it just typing about it.
I would talk her and be frank, "You either have to get rid of these thoughts (loving the sinner hating the sin isn't good enough for you), or otherwise she is trashing this friendship", really stressing that being gay is something non-negotiable, its not like enjoying Linguine or riding a bike, you will not change, however much she or you wants to.
Also if she dares to maintain that is okay to be gay, just don't act on her urges, really fuck that bitch, any friend that willing endorses a life of mandated loneliness for someone they call a friend can fuck right off.
Now all that being said, clarify think and feel, if she feels that being gay is a sin, but doesn't think it, you should be sensitive and sympathetic, we all know how difficult it is to get rid of baggage, especially if she has spent most of her life being indoctrinated that being gay is a sin.

Anyways I'm well aware that my advice could be wicked bad advice, so take it all with a pinch of salt.



Haha, it's wicked bad advice right up until the end where it gets really good. We've both grown up in extremely conservative environments. She's shedding a lot of baggage by still just being my friend. Although that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.


Its hard for me be empathetic, since I've grown up in an incredibly liberal environment, if someone gets morally conservative on me, I can say deal with it or your cut from life, with little consequence.

Well, maybe its best to play the long game then, since I'm not sure you can do or say anything to her which will help lose her emotional baggage any faster. I think the best thing for you is cathartic venting like this.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 07 2011 22:50 GMT
#3360
On December 08 2011 07:39 Kerotan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 07:34 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 07:30 Kerotan wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Oh man, this is tough.
But I don't think you can do anything, you have been the one quite clearly wronged here. I'm a hot headed guy, and I'm bad at empathising at how meaningful your ten year friendship is to you, but in your position I would livid. You have been best buds for ten years, and its clearly very meaningful to you, and should have been meaningful to her, and now she wants to fuck that up over something she had dealt with 2 years ago?
I'm getting angry about it just typing about it.
I would talk her and be frank, "You either have to get rid of these thoughts (loving the sinner hating the sin isn't good enough for you), or otherwise she is trashing this friendship", really stressing that being gay is something non-negotiable, its not like enjoying Linguine or riding a bike, you will not change, however much she or you wants to.
Also if she dares to maintain that is okay to be gay, just don't act on her urges, really fuck that bitch, any friend that willing endorses a life of mandated loneliness for someone they call a friend can fuck right off.
Now all that being said, clarify think and feel, if she feels that being gay is a sin, but doesn't think it, you should be sensitive and sympathetic, we all know how difficult it is to get rid of baggage, especially if she has spent most of her life being indoctrinated that being gay is a sin.

Anyways I'm well aware that my advice could be wicked bad advice, so take it all with a pinch of salt.



Haha, it's wicked bad advice right up until the end where it gets really good. We've both grown up in extremely conservative environments. She's shedding a lot of baggage by still just being my friend. Although that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.


Its hard for me be empathetic, since I've grown up in an incredibly liberal environment, if someone gets morally conservative on me, I can say deal with it or your cut from life, with little consequence.

Well, maybe its best to play the long game then, since I'm not sure you can do or say anything to her which will help lose her emotional baggage any faster. I think the best thing for you is cathartic venting like this.


Normally I do respond with anger and venting is the best thing for me. But this time I'm not mad, just very hurt. I'll probably get really really drunk tonight.
#2throwed
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1830
GuemChi 1372
NotJumperer 121
910 77
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
taco 444
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8173
Coldzera 713
JimRising 620
C9.Mang0302
WinterStarcraft294
PiGStarcraft290
Maynarde104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1009
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo964
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 8m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.