• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:34
CEST 07:34
KST 14:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202613Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10296 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 178

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 180 383 Next
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
August 04 2012 11:14 GMT
#3541
Hi guys. So I decided it's time to get myself a nice mech keyboard.
Right now I'm torn between the Celeritas: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823826001&cm_re=Mechanical_Keyboard-_-23-826-001-_-Product
And Leopold: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rrabn
People are saying that PBT caps are superior but I cant find which type of cap do these boards use? I'm also not sure about the quality between these two. I'd be grateful if anyone can help me deciding. Thanks in advance guys ( :
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
August 04 2012 11:25 GMT
#3542
On August 04 2012 05:51 Deckkie wrote:
Does anybody know if there is a mechanical keyboard that is water resistant?
Much appreciated!


I recommend just putting your glass/sodacan or whatever on a separate table next to your computer table. Placing your liquid right next to your computer is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Or are you going to use it in a swimming pool?
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
August 04 2012 11:40 GMT
#3543
Hey guys I didn't get the ducky because there was no more in stock. Im kind of glad they don't have any because right now I changed my mind and I really want the Zowie Celeritas, it feels like the perfect keyboard for me. However before I make the purchase I would really like some more input on this keyboard, does ANYONE here have this keyboard or can tell me a little bit more of it?
MorT83
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany12 Posts
August 04 2012 12:19 GMT
#3544
I have the celeritas and can say nothing negativ about it. It`s very good processed and a solid keyboard. On the other side it`s nothing special, it`s in my opinion way better than the racer keyboards but can`t keep up with a filco or roswell. The keycaps are a small week spot of the celeritas because the keys get a dirty touch very fast. Think it`s because of the printings on the caps.
So if you get a good price there`s nothing to say angainst the celeritas. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
August 04 2012 13:28 GMT
#3545
On August 04 2012 21:19 MorT83 wrote:
I have the celeritas and can say nothing negativ about it. It`s very good processed and a solid keyboard. On the other side it`s nothing special, it`s in my opinion way better than the racer keyboards but can`t keep up with a filco or roswell. The keycaps are a small week spot of the celeritas because the keys get a dirty touch very fast. Think it`s because of the printings on the caps.
So if you get a good price there`s nothing to say angainst the celeritas. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm.


I don't have a Zowie Celeritas but i think it looks like a pretty big keyboard. Is it?

I have a Blackwidow Ultimate in my bookshelf wich i don't use at the moment and for me personally that keyboard is a bit clumsy. Aren't these two keyboard similar in size?
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
August 04 2012 13:33 GMT
#3546
There is a beige/white Filco Majestouch 2 keyboard in both standard, tenkeyless, standard ninja and tenkeyless ninja versions.

Tenkeyless version is much sexier than standard though. I wish the beige/white version would be availible for scandinavia.

[image loading]
InfectedGoat
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada444 Posts
August 04 2012 13:49 GMT
#3547
After using three different switches I must say the Red are my favorites. I just got the CM QuickFire Rapid (red switches) and I must say it's the best switches for gaming and typing (for me). I used to own the Black widow (blue switches) but I felt it was cheap and I couldn't double tap like at all. Also had the 6GV2 (black switches), which I find the black switches waaaaay too hard to press.
and i was like BANELINGS x 3
rgbAndraxxus
Profile Joined August 2012
32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 13:54:15
August 04 2012 13:53 GMT
#3548
Hi, after days of searching for a keyboard that has been discussed about in this thread and that I can get where I live, I finally recieved a CM Storm Quick Fire Pro with Cherry Mx Red switches and the feel is great but there is a huge problem, it doesn't work T_T.

It just flashes for half a second and then it dies, :C is there anything I can do about it or just send it back ?_? (it doesn't even flash on all the USB ports just on 2 or 3 of them :C)

Sorry if it's offtopic, but I just had to say it feels good and maybe get a short answer about the problem. ^_^
Only when you are able to see the qualities of your enemy, will you have what it takes to see your flaws.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 14:25:13
August 04 2012 14:24 GMT
#3549
On August 04 2012 22:49 InfectedGoat wrote:
After using three different switches I must say the Red are my favorites. I just got the CM QuickFire Rapid (red switches) and I must say it's the best switches for gaming and typing (for me). I used to own the Black widow (blue switches) but I felt it was cheap and I couldn't double tap like at all. Also had the 6GV2 (black switches), which I find the black switches waaaaay too hard to press.


The reason typing on the Blackwidow feels cheap has nothing to do with the switches it's because of the cheap feeling of the caps.

I took the Esc button of my Steelseries 6Gv2 (red) and put it on my Blackwidow Ultimate and man..... the difference was huge.

The cheap caps of the Blackwidow totally ruins the feeling of typing with the blue switches it has.
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
August 04 2012 14:26 GMT
#3550
On August 04 2012 22:53 rgbAndraxxus wrote:
Hi, after days of searching for a keyboard that has been discussed about in this thread and that I can get where I live, I finally recieved a CM Storm Quick Fire Pro with Cherry Mx Red switches and the feel is great but there is a huge problem, it doesn't work T_T.

It just flashes for half a second and then it dies, :C is there anything I can do about it or just send it back ?_? (it doesn't even flash on all the USB ports just on 2 or 3 of them :C)

Sorry if it's offtopic, but I just had to say it feels good and maybe get a short answer about the problem. ^_^


Try it on a friends computer or something. If it still causes problems then send it back.
Soulstice
Profile Joined December 2011
United States288 Posts
August 04 2012 16:43 GMT
#3551
On August 04 2012 22:53 rgbAndraxxus wrote:
Hi, after days of searching for a keyboard that has been discussed about in this thread and that I can get where I live, I finally recieved a CM Storm Quick Fire Pro with Cherry Mx Red switches and the feel is great but there is a huge problem, it doesn't work T_T.

It just flashes for half a second and then it dies, :C is there anything I can do about it or just send it back ?_? (it doesn't even flash on all the USB ports just on 2 or 3 of them :C)

Sorry if it's offtopic, but I just had to say it feels good and maybe get a short answer about the problem. ^_^


IRRC that's a fairly common problem with CM Storm boards. You can either send it back and hope for a better replacement (they dont all do it of course) or you may want to think about trying a different keyboard.
Living the liefe
kpierre150
Profile Joined June 2011
11 Posts
August 04 2012 17:40 GMT
#3552
I need help deciding on what keyboard to buy. I decided that i want the MX brown switch, and i want costar stabilizers, media keys would be nice, but they're not necessary, and i don't have a price range. Any idea which keyboard would suit me?
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
August 04 2012 20:08 GMT
#3553
On August 05 2012 01:43 Soulstice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 22:53 rgbAndraxxus wrote:
Hi, after days of searching for a keyboard that has been discussed about in this thread and that I can get where I live, I finally recieved a CM Storm Quick Fire Pro with Cherry Mx Red switches and the feel is great but there is a huge problem, it doesn't work T_T.

It just flashes for half a second and then it dies, :C is there anything I can do about it or just send it back ?_? (it doesn't even flash on all the USB ports just on 2 or 3 of them :C)

Sorry if it's offtopic, but I just had to say it feels good and maybe get a short answer about the problem. ^_^


IRRC that's a fairly common problem with CM Storm boards. You can either send it back and hope for a better replacement (they dont all do it of course) or you may want to think about trying a different keyboard.


Had this problem myself, before I returned it and took the Filco plunge. It was my second attempt at getting a CM Storm... honestly as one of the cheaper options, you really do get what you pay for. The quality control is much to be desired.
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
rgbAndraxxus
Profile Joined August 2012
32 Posts
August 04 2012 20:51 GMT
#3554
On August 05 2012 05:08 Zurachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 01:43 Soulstice wrote:
On August 04 2012 22:53 rgbAndraxxus wrote:
Hi, after days of searching for a keyboard that has been discussed about in this thread and that I can get where I live, I finally recieved a CM Storm Quick Fire Pro with Cherry Mx Red switches and the feel is great but there is a huge problem, it doesn't work T_T.

It just flashes for half a second and then it dies, :C is there anything I can do about it or just send it back ?_? (it doesn't even flash on all the USB ports just on 2 or 3 of them :C)

Sorry if it's offtopic, but I just had to say it feels good and maybe get a short answer about the problem. ^_^


IRRC that's a fairly common problem with CM Storm boards. You can either send it back and hope for a better replacement (they dont all do it of course) or you may want to think about trying a different keyboard.


Had this problem myself, before I returned it and took the Filco plunge. It was my second attempt at getting a CM Storm... honestly as one of the cheaper options, you really do get what you pay for. The quality control is much to be desired.


Too bad I didn't see anyone complain about the problems :C.

Well it's more expensive than a 6gv2 and a bit cheaper than a Meka G1 (too bad they don't have them on stock here :C) and it's the only Mx Red I can get (not trying the Corsair keyboards since I got an HS1 headset from them and it was -.-" and of course all I heard were good reviews when the HS1 first launched).

Anyway I hope that the next one will not die on me because the keys feel softer than on a rubber dome keyboard.

Thanks for the info everyone. ^_^
Only when you are able to see the qualities of your enemy, will you have what it takes to see your flaws.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 04:34:11
August 05 2012 04:30 GMT
#3555
On August 05 2012 02:40 kpierre150 wrote:
I need help deciding on what keyboard to buy. I decided that i want the MX brown switch, and i want costar stabilizers, media keys would be nice, but they're not necessary, and i don't have a price range. Any idea which keyboard would suit me?


Filco!
Though you would have to go for the camo edition to get media keys.

If you are fine with spending the money, there is no reason to go past a filco (unless you want backlighting or something).

On August 04 2012 20:14 invisible.terran wrote:
Hi guys. So I decided it's time to get myself a nice mech keyboard.
Right now I'm torn between the Celeritas: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823826001&cm_re=Mechanical_Keyboard-_-23-826-001-_-Product
And Leopold: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rrabn
People are saying that PBT caps are superior but I cant find which type of cap do these boards use? I'm also not sure about the quality between these two. I'd be grateful if anyone can help me deciding. Thanks in advance guys ( :


Neither of those have PBT caps, the newer leopolds (FC700) do but I don't think they are available in the US yet.
I don't see any reason to get the Celeritas over the leopold, especially if the Leopold is cheaper.
EchoOfTerran
Profile Joined March 2012
United States6 Posts
August 06 2012 20:40 GMT
#3556
Hey everyone, I need an opinion. I'm looking to purchase a keyboard but I'm not sure on the type. I've been really interested in Brown switches and Blacks, but I can't decide which one I want. I had the BlackWidow Ultimate before (Blue switches) and I really liked how that felt, and the noise was totally fine with me. Is the only main difference between Browns and Blacks the noise from when you type? If so, I'd prefer the louder and go Browns. Just curious to see opinions!
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 20:57:02
August 06 2012 20:55 GMT
#3557
Black and brown switches both do not make any noise unless you bottom out with the keys. Only the blue switches make the click sound.

The black switches use a stronger spring compared to brown switches, the keys feel stiffer. The brown switches have the exact same spring as the blue switches you know.

The brown switches have a tiny bit of resistance that you have to overcome at the point where the key activates (a bit like the resistance before the click of a blue switch), with the black switches you do not feel anything at the point the switch activates.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
saberslash49
Profile Joined March 2011
24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 21:03:24
August 06 2012 21:02 GMT
#3558
Hey guys, I'm looking for a board around 70-90, but I'm still kinda in the middle between black and brown.. I just read the above posts, but am still at a lost for an opinion. Is there any solid, good-quality browns/blacks in my price range? I've heard some people swear by Steelseries, others saying it's not that great of a brand.

If I can get a seemingly "perfect" board that has good-build quality and lasts for a little more, then I'll consider it. (ex: Zowie Celeritas seems like it's REALLY nice, but $100 is a good bit for a 15-year old w/o allowance/job)

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Tenkeyless is definitely not an option for me, I use it far too much to do without it :/
KainiT
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria392 Posts
August 06 2012 21:37 GMT
#3559
hey guys, i recently decided to get a daskeyboard, just two short questions: how much quieter are the brown switches? in the youtube videos they actually seem louder than the blue ones most of the time? I kind of fear that the mechanical keyboard will be a little to loud for my surroundings so it's a factor to consider..
second question: i am thinking about buying the ultimate version becuase I know every symbol on the keyboard, what's kind of giving me a hard time thinking about is: How does it work when you just want to press one single button and don't have your hands on the keyboard, lets say a 7, is this a problem, do you need to put your hands on the keyboard in order to do it, or count from the left? :D i cannot imagine how that would be^^
With great power comes great responsibility.
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
August 06 2012 21:45 GMT
#3560
I think they are quieter. More damp sounding I guess. But I guess me only using a Model M into a Model S, I have no perception of what quiet means. ^^;

As for the Ultimate vs Professional thing, I made the choice to get the Ultimate just to mess with everyone who would try and use my computer. I can finger type still. It might be me, but I had memorized every key for a while, and their relative location on the keyboard anyways. Not that it matters, but if I want to hit any letter, I can do it most of the time without messing up. Call it reflex I guess, but it's not that hard imo. It's quite hard for me to explain this with words, but I guess I'll say that it can be done, and I do it when I need to (ie. eating with one hand, typing with the other, dirty fingers from eating, etc.). Yeah. (Also to nit-pick, if you want to hit 7, use the numberpad :D)
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 180 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3727
Sharp 405
Mong 105
Dewaltoss 85
Icarus 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King216
Other Games
summit1g6952
WinterStarcraft592
C9.Mang0276
Sick139
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt374
Other Games
• Shiphtur467
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.