• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:43
CEST 10:43
KST 17:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8214 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 180

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 383 Next
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
August 07 2012 18:25 GMT
#3581
On August 08 2012 02:41 derb2k2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 10:28 kuruptt wrote:
Hey sawedust, awesome information man! seems like your the only one replying on this thread =(

Anyways why do you consider reds the best for gaming? You have actually made me rethink my choices of keyboards! I'm going to look into cherry reds. I want the BEST possible gaming experience



i haven't used mechanical for a long time, but i've used blues and currently reds. I play Sc2 and Quakelive and can attest to reds being great for both gaming and typing. I tried playing FPS with blues but the tactility didnt help especially when i had to double-tap to dodge. My movement was messed. With reds, that problem is gone since they're easy to press. Also, I find myself playing for extended periods without finger or wrist pain. Many complain that the keys are too light but I've since gotten used to this Rosewill rk-9000(which feels so good btw).

If you end up getting the Rosewill with reds, make sure you somehow secure the USB connector thingy. I read the reviews on Newegg and was very scared at first. When the $64 deal came up though, I jumped on it because I wanted to try red switches. I secured mine with electical tape and some strings.

I suggest getting reds. I've heard too many complaints from people using black switches to even consider them. Blues are great for typing and you can probably play SC2 with them but might have some trouble double tapping. Reds feel sooo good, man. I bought this Rosewill mainly to try out the reds and it hasn't let me down. The whole keyboard feels solid. Down the line though, I will be looking to upgrade maybe to a Filco Ninja with reds.


Thats awesome man! Nice input. I have also used blues and blacks for gaming and I don't like EITHER of them. I had the CM rapid in blues and it was very tiring on my fingers for some reason, maybe because I was bottoming out or it was the big height of the keyboard, I am not to sure but either way cherry blues are not made for gaming in my opinion because of the double tap issues!

Blacks was ok I guess but I had a faulty steelseries 6gv2 so I had to get rid of it. The spacebar kept getting stuck and the rest of the keys kept coming off when I'm typing! Known issue for the 6gv2.

Anyways I have now narrowed it down to the Zowie Celeritas but you guys keep changing my mind of each day I'm reading through these posts!

I am now considering the CM rapid in reds now. I kind of want the tactile feedback and noise of the browns but the reds seem to be the best for gaming and you guys are saying the typing is good as well.

Does anyone else have any experience with reds and browns for gaming? (Thanks a lot for the people that replied!)
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
August 07 2012 18:44 GMT
#3582
On August 08 2012 03:25 kuruptt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 02:41 derb2k2 wrote:
On August 07 2012 10:28 kuruptt wrote:
Hey sawedust, awesome information man! seems like your the only one replying on this thread =(

Anyways why do you consider reds the best for gaming? You have actually made me rethink my choices of keyboards! I'm going to look into cherry reds. I want the BEST possible gaming experience



i haven't used mechanical for a long time, but i've used blues and currently reds. I play Sc2 and Quakelive and can attest to reds being great for both gaming and typing. I tried playing FPS with blues but the tactility didnt help especially when i had to double-tap to dodge. My movement was messed. With reds, that problem is gone since they're easy to press. Also, I find myself playing for extended periods without finger or wrist pain. Many complain that the keys are too light but I've since gotten used to this Rosewill rk-9000(which feels so good btw).

If you end up getting the Rosewill with reds, make sure you somehow secure the USB connector thingy. I read the reviews on Newegg and was very scared at first. When the $64 deal came up though, I jumped on it because I wanted to try red switches. I secured mine with electical tape and some strings.

I suggest getting reds. I've heard too many complaints from people using black switches to even consider them. Blues are great for typing and you can probably play SC2 with them but might have some trouble double tapping. Reds feel sooo good, man. I bought this Rosewill mainly to try out the reds and it hasn't let me down. The whole keyboard feels solid. Down the line though, I will be looking to upgrade maybe to a Filco Ninja with reds.


Thats awesome man! Nice input. I have also used blues and blacks for gaming and I don't like EITHER of them. I had the CM rapid in blues and it was very tiring on my fingers for some reason, maybe because I was bottoming out or it was the big height of the keyboard, I am not to sure but either way cherry blues are not made for gaming in my opinion because of the double tap issues!

Blacks was ok I guess but I had a faulty steelseries 6gv2 so I had to get rid of it. The spacebar kept getting stuck and the rest of the keys kept coming off when I'm typing! Known issue for the 6gv2.

Anyways I have now narrowed it down to the Zowie Celeritas but you guys keep changing my mind of each day I'm reading through these posts!

I am now considering the CM rapid in reds now. I kind of want the tactile feedback and noise of the browns but the reds seem to be the best for gaming and you guys are saying the typing is good as well.

Does anyone else have any experience with reds and browns for gaming? (Thanks a lot for the people that replied!)

Its funny how much different people think differently on the switches. I use blues, and I don't think that I could use any other switches, maybe browns or greens. Actually I kind of want to try out some green switches. I play fps games, and I don't have any trouble trying to double tap at all. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I really don't like reds or maybe I just haven't spent enough time on them.
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
August 07 2012 18:57 GMT
#3583
On August 08 2012 03:05 derb2k2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 02:51 AngryFarmer wrote:
What is wrong with USB connectors?


the complaint is that the USB connector is very fragile and can be damaged easily. People have complained that after several months the keyboard won't work due to that. Here's a picture someone posted on Geekhack.
[image loading]


I posted that pic on GH. Thanks to my friend Dave for getting it out to me for all to see.
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
August 07 2012 19:00 GMT
#3584
On August 08 2012 03:44 9-BiT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 03:25 kuruptt wrote:
On August 08 2012 02:41 derb2k2 wrote:
On August 07 2012 10:28 kuruptt wrote:
Hey sawedust, awesome information man! seems like your the only one replying on this thread =(

Anyways why do you consider reds the best for gaming? You have actually made me rethink my choices of keyboards! I'm going to look into cherry reds. I want the BEST possible gaming experience



i haven't used mechanical for a long time, but i've used blues and currently reds. I play Sc2 and Quakelive and can attest to reds being great for both gaming and typing. I tried playing FPS with blues but the tactility didnt help especially when i had to double-tap to dodge. My movement was messed. With reds, that problem is gone since they're easy to press. Also, I find myself playing for extended periods without finger or wrist pain. Many complain that the keys are too light but I've since gotten used to this Rosewill rk-9000(which feels so good btw).

If you end up getting the Rosewill with reds, make sure you somehow secure the USB connector thingy. I read the reviews on Newegg and was very scared at first. When the $64 deal came up though, I jumped on it because I wanted to try red switches. I secured mine with electical tape and some strings.

I suggest getting reds. I've heard too many complaints from people using black switches to even consider them. Blues are great for typing and you can probably play SC2 with them but might have some trouble double tapping. Reds feel sooo good, man. I bought this Rosewill mainly to try out the reds and it hasn't let me down. The whole keyboard feels solid. Down the line though, I will be looking to upgrade maybe to a Filco Ninja with reds.


Thats awesome man! Nice input. I have also used blues and blacks for gaming and I don't like EITHER of them. I had the CM rapid in blues and it was very tiring on my fingers for some reason, maybe because I was bottoming out or it was the big height of the keyboard, I am not to sure but either way cherry blues are not made for gaming in my opinion because of the double tap issues!

Blacks was ok I guess but I had a faulty steelseries 6gv2 so I had to get rid of it. The spacebar kept getting stuck and the rest of the keys kept coming off when I'm typing! Known issue for the 6gv2.

Anyways I have now narrowed it down to the Zowie Celeritas but you guys keep changing my mind of each day I'm reading through these posts!

I am now considering the CM rapid in reds now. I kind of want the tactile feedback and noise of the browns but the reds seem to be the best for gaming and you guys are saying the typing is good as well.

Does anyone else have any experience with reds and browns for gaming? (Thanks a lot for the people that replied!)

Its funny how much different people think differently on the switches. I use blues, and I don't think that I could use any other switches, maybe browns or greens. Actually I kind of want to try out some green switches. I play fps games, and I don't have any trouble trying to double tap at all. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I really don't like reds or maybe I just haven't spent enough time on them.


You don't notice it because you don't try to use it. But if you actually try to double tap, as in, spam 1 key as fast as you can it will not register. Of course you can try to "slow" down and get used to it but it's just not as effective as other switches. I used the blues for WoW in arena and raiding and it was slowing me down a lot when I'm trying to spam 1 key and sometimes it won't register.
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 19:38:08
August 07 2012 19:33 GMT
#3585
On August 08 2012 03:25 kuruptt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 02:41 derb2k2 wrote:
On August 07 2012 10:28 kuruptt wrote:
Hey sawedust, awesome information man! seems like your the only one replying on this thread =(

Anyways why do you consider reds the best for gaming? You have actually made me rethink my choices of keyboards! I'm going to look into cherry reds. I want the BEST possible gaming experience



i haven't used mechanical for a long time, but i've used blues and currently reds. I play Sc2 and Quakelive and can attest to reds being great for both gaming and typing. I tried playing FPS with blues but the tactility didnt help especially when i had to double-tap to dodge. My movement was messed. With reds, that problem is gone since they're easy to press. Also, I find myself playing for extended periods without finger or wrist pain. Many complain that the keys are too light but I've since gotten used to this Rosewill rk-9000(which feels so good btw).

If you end up getting the Rosewill with reds, make sure you somehow secure the USB connector thingy. I read the reviews on Newegg and was very scared at first. When the $64 deal came up though, I jumped on it because I wanted to try red switches. I secured mine with electical tape and some strings.

I suggest getting reds. I've heard too many complaints from people using black switches to even consider them. Blues are great for typing and you can probably play SC2 with them but might have some trouble double tapping. Reds feel sooo good, man. I bought this Rosewill mainly to try out the reds and it hasn't let me down. The whole keyboard feels solid. Down the line though, I will be looking to upgrade maybe to a Filco Ninja with reds.


Thats awesome man! Nice input. I have also used blues and blacks for gaming and I don't like EITHER of them. I had the CM rapid in blues and it was very tiring on my fingers for some reason, maybe because I was bottoming out or it was the big height of the keyboard, I am not to sure but either way cherry blues are not made for gaming in my opinion because of the double tap issues!

Blacks was ok I guess but I had a faulty steelseries 6gv2 so I had to get rid of it. The spacebar kept getting stuck and the rest of the keys kept coming off when I'm typing! Known issue for the 6gv2.

Anyways I have now narrowed it down to the Zowie Celeritas but you guys keep changing my mind of each day I'm reading through these posts!

I am now considering the CM rapid in reds now. I kind of want the tactile feedback and noise of the browns but the reds seem to be the best for gaming and you guys are saying the typing is good as well.

Does anyone else have any experience with reds and browns for gaming? (Thanks a lot for the people that replied!)


i think colors are all a matter of preference, but i love my browns for SCII or O2Jam (look this up if you think you'll have problems spamming keys on browns), blues are fine for me too though... However blacks were just ugh, texture-wise :X sorry steelseries

I think I might've tried reds before and they're pretty unforgiving on mistakes, since don't the keys press extremely easily? (am i mixing something up here?) With my browns I can hesitate on the key for a little bit just before actuation but I felt that if I so much as touched a red key it would actuate D: turning all my larva into scourges (::Brood War).

function-wise, they will all work for SCII. You're not going to blame your keyboard for freezing or anything, it's all based on how it feels for you and whether you like it.

Browns aren't as loud but blues aren't going to freeze on you when you play SC, I know a GM who plays with blues and he hates how browns feel, "mushy" relative to blues "distinctively clackity".

So really I'm inclined to believe that "Best for gaming" is kind of a bullshit statement.
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
August 07 2012 23:03 GMT
#3586
On August 08 2012 03:57 sawedust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 03:05 derb2k2 wrote:
On August 08 2012 02:51 AngryFarmer wrote:
What is wrong with USB connectors?


the complaint is that the USB connector is very fragile and can be damaged easily. People have complained that after several months the keyboard won't work due to that. Here's a picture someone posted on Geekhack.
[image loading]


I posted that pic on GH. Thanks to my friend Dave for getting it out to me for all to see.


ahah yea thx for posting that. It really does look flimsy standing on those joints there. Kinda makes up for the price.


There's definitely a problem double-tapping blues. It's not like blue switches differ from each other. the bump and click slow and throw you off.
kiss me
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
August 08 2012 00:57 GMT
#3587
I use a Cherry board G80-3000 with MX blue switches to type and game, and I feel very comfortable doin both with blues, even gaming. If I ever want to have a keyboard with MX brown or any other switches, all I have to do is pop open the keyboard and just change switches, so no need to spend big bucks on getting a new keyboard :D
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
August 08 2012 03:18 GMT
#3588
On August 08 2012 04:33 Ktk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 03:25 kuruptt wrote:
On August 08 2012 02:41 derb2k2 wrote:
On August 07 2012 10:28 kuruptt wrote:
Hey sawedust, awesome information man! seems like your the only one replying on this thread =(

Anyways why do you consider reds the best for gaming? You have actually made me rethink my choices of keyboards! I'm going to look into cherry reds. I want the BEST possible gaming experience



i haven't used mechanical for a long time, but i've used blues and currently reds. I play Sc2 and Quakelive and can attest to reds being great for both gaming and typing. I tried playing FPS with blues but the tactility didnt help especially when i had to double-tap to dodge. My movement was messed. With reds, that problem is gone since they're easy to press. Also, I find myself playing for extended periods without finger or wrist pain. Many complain that the keys are too light but I've since gotten used to this Rosewill rk-9000(which feels so good btw).

If you end up getting the Rosewill with reds, make sure you somehow secure the USB connector thingy. I read the reviews on Newegg and was very scared at first. When the $64 deal came up though, I jumped on it because I wanted to try red switches. I secured mine with electical tape and some strings.

I suggest getting reds. I've heard too many complaints from people using black switches to even consider them. Blues are great for typing and you can probably play SC2 with them but might have some trouble double tapping. Reds feel sooo good, man. I bought this Rosewill mainly to try out the reds and it hasn't let me down. The whole keyboard feels solid. Down the line though, I will be looking to upgrade maybe to a Filco Ninja with reds.


Thats awesome man! Nice input. I have also used blues and blacks for gaming and I don't like EITHER of them. I had the CM rapid in blues and it was very tiring on my fingers for some reason, maybe because I was bottoming out or it was the big height of the keyboard, I am not to sure but either way cherry blues are not made for gaming in my opinion because of the double tap issues!

Blacks was ok I guess but I had a faulty steelseries 6gv2 so I had to get rid of it. The spacebar kept getting stuck and the rest of the keys kept coming off when I'm typing! Known issue for the 6gv2.

Anyways I have now narrowed it down to the Zowie Celeritas but you guys keep changing my mind of each day I'm reading through these posts!

I am now considering the CM rapid in reds now. I kind of want the tactile feedback and noise of the browns but the reds seem to be the best for gaming and you guys are saying the typing is good as well.

Does anyone else have any experience with reds and browns for gaming? (Thanks a lot for the people that replied!)


i think colors are all a matter of preference, + Show Spoiler +
but i love my browns for SCII or O2Jam (look this up if you think you'll have problems spamming keys on browns), blues are fine for me too though... However blacks were just ugh, texture-wise :X sorry steelseries

I think I might've tried reds before and they're pretty unforgiving on mistakes, since don't the keys press extremely easily? (am i mixing something up here?) With my browns I can hesitate on the key for a little bit just before actuation but I felt that if I so much as touched a red key it would actuate D: turning all my larva into scourges (::Brood War).

function-wise, they will all work for SCII. You're not going to blame your keyboard for freezing or anything, it's all based on how it feels for you and whether you like it.

Browns aren't as loud but blues aren't going to freeze on you when you play SC, I know a GM who plays with blues and he hates how browns feel, "mushy" relative to blues "distinctively clackity".

So really I'm inclined to believe that "Best for gaming" is kind of a bullshit statement.


This. You can use any of the switches for any purpose just fine.

It is all personal preference. That said blues do function differently from the other switches, which creates the whole doubletapping issue for some people.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
August 08 2012 03:27 GMT
#3589
On August 08 2012 03:57 sawedust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 03:05 derb2k2 wrote:
On August 08 2012 02:51 AngryFarmer wrote:
What is wrong with USB connectors?


the complaint is that the USB connector is very fragile and can be damaged easily. People have complained that after several months the keyboard won't work due to that. Here's a picture someone posted on Geekhack.
[image loading]


I posted that pic on GH. Thanks to my friend Dave for getting it out to me for all to see.


Is it just with the reds? I got the rosewill with blue a couple months ago and the usb connector seems fine to me for now.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ZeraX
Profile Joined April 2011
France14 Posts
August 08 2012 05:57 GMT
#3590
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
August 08 2012 06:15 GMT
#3591
On August 08 2012 14:57 ZeraX wrote:
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?


Hey man, I am in the same position as you and will probably pick up reds as well!

The keyboard you should be looking for is the coolermaster rapid fire in cherry MX reds. There around that price range and if I'm not mistaken there basically rebranded filcos with media keys! Also the red version of the keyboard is the best looking one. At the moment I honestly don't see any reason to get any other keyboard other then the CM rapid fire unless you have money to blow for a filco. I would really like to see reviews comparing the 2
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
August 08 2012 06:19 GMT
#3592
On August 08 2012 15:15 kuruptt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 14:57 ZeraX wrote:
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?


Hey man, I am in the same position as you and will probably pick up reds as well!

The keyboard you should be looking for is the coolermaster rapid fire in cherry MX reds. There around that price range and if I'm not mistaken there basically rebranded filcos with media keys! Also the red version of the keyboard is the best looking one. At the moment I honestly don't see any reason to get any other keyboard other then the CM rapid fire unless you have money to blow for a filco. I would really like to see reviews comparing the 2


This is a good recommendation, but remember the CM rf does not have a numpad. This can be nice, allowing you to have your hands closer together when playing and having the typing keys more centralised.

But if you need a numpad, then you need to look for something else. At 80 euros I think you would have to find a cherry board with reds, but I don't know the european market very well.
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
August 08 2012 06:36 GMT
#3593
On August 08 2012 15:15 kuruptt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 14:57 ZeraX wrote:
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?


Hey man, I am in the same position as you and will probably pick up reds as well!

The keyboard you should be looking for is the coolermaster rapid fire in cherry MX reds. There around that price range and if I'm not mistaken there basically rebranded filcos with media keys! Also the red version of the keyboard is the best looking one. At the moment I honestly don't see any reason to get any other keyboard other then the CM rapid fire unless you have money to blow for a filco. I would really like to see reviews comparing the 2


As far as I know the CM still hasn't released the Rapid Quickfire with ISO Layout : ( As ZeraX is from france that may be a problem too. If you want a tenkeyless, cherry mx red keyboard with iso Layout and very good build quality I think Filco is your only option but out of your pricerange. (Paid 180e for my Filco TKL with mx reds and UK Layout from KeyboardCo last week >_<.)

If you want/can live with a numpad I think Q-Pad MK-50 should be in your price range (their german shop shows 75e + x for shipping) but I'd look for additional advice regarding the Q-Pad build quality.
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
August 08 2012 06:42 GMT
#3594
On August 08 2012 15:36 Neelia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 15:15 kuruptt wrote:
On August 08 2012 14:57 ZeraX wrote:
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?


Hey man, I am in the same position as you and will probably pick up reds as well!

The keyboard you should be looking for is the coolermaster rapid fire in cherry MX reds. There around that price range and if I'm not mistaken there basically rebranded filcos with media keys! Also the red version of the keyboard is the best looking one. At the moment I honestly don't see any reason to get any other keyboard other then the CM rapid fire unless you have money to blow for a filco. I would really like to see reviews comparing the 2


As far as I know the CM still hasn't released the Rapid Quickfire with ISO Layout : ( As ZeraX is from france that may be a problem too. If you want a tenkeyless, cherry mx red keyboard with iso Layout and very good build quality I think Filco is your only option but out of your pricerange. (Paid 180e for my Filco TKL with mx reds and UK Layout from KeyboardCo last week >_<.)

If you want/can live with a numpad I think Q-Pad MK-50 should be in your price range (their german shop shows 75e + x for shipping) but I'd look for additional advice regarding the Q-Pad build quality.


Wow thats insane! 180 for a filco? My wallet wolud be crying! If you want that layout I think you can get it cheaper with the Zowie Celeritas. It was my 1st choice of a keyboard until I realize why not just get the CM rapid fire for 80$? The Zowie I believe also comes in reds + ISO layout, should check them out. But as of right now I would really advise everyone to get the rapid fire. It's just a rebranded filco what is there not to like other then the ugly logos =(
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
August 08 2012 06:45 GMT
#3595
On August 08 2012 15:36 Neelia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 15:15 kuruptt wrote:
On August 08 2012 14:57 ZeraX wrote:
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?


Hey man, I am in the same position as you and will probably pick up reds as well!

The keyboard you should be looking for is the coolermaster rapid fire in cherry MX reds. There around that price range and if I'm not mistaken there basically rebranded filcos with media keys! Also the red version of the keyboard is the best looking one. At the moment I honestly don't see any reason to get any other keyboard other then the CM rapid fire unless you have money to blow for a filco. I would really like to see reviews comparing the 2


As far as I know the CM still hasn't released the Rapid Quickfire with ISO Layout : ( As ZeraX is from france that may be a problem too. If you want a tenkeyless, cherry mx red keyboard with iso Layout and very good build quality I think Filco is your only option but out of your pricerange. (Paid 180e for my Filco TKL with mx reds and UK Layout from KeyboardCo last week >_<.)

If you want/can live with a numpad I think Q-Pad MK-50 should be in your price range (their german shop shows 75e + x for shipping) but I'd look for additional advice regarding the Q-Pad build quality.


Very good point about ISO layout. Afaik the Q-pad isn't top of the line but it shouldn't fall apart on you. But it is just really ugly imo.
ZeraX
Profile Joined April 2011
France14 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 08:23:36
August 08 2012 08:16 GMT
#3596
On August 08 2012 15:45 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 15:36 Neelia wrote:
On August 08 2012 15:15 kuruptt wrote:
On August 08 2012 14:57 ZeraX wrote:
So,i actually never owned a mechanical keyboard, and needing a new keyboard, as far from what i read in here, i decided to go for one with red switches. Other than that i got no clue what to look for ( playing for years with an old microsoft keyboard, yeah i know ). Any advice for sthg up to 80ish euros ?


Hey man, I am in the same position as you and will probably pick up reds as well!

The keyboard you should be looking for is the coolermaster rapid fire in cherry MX reds. There around that price range and if I'm not mistaken there basically rebranded filcos with media keys! Also the red version of the keyboard is the best looking one. At the moment I honestly don't see any reason to get any other keyboard other then the CM rapid fire unless you have money to blow for a filco. I would really like to see reviews comparing the 2


As far as I know the CM still hasn't released the Rapid Quickfire with ISO Layout : ( As ZeraX is from france that may be a problem too. If you want a tenkeyless, cherry mx red keyboard with iso Layout and very good build quality I think Filco is your only option but out of your pricerange. (Paid 180e for my Filco TKL with mx reds and UK Layout from KeyboardCo last week >_<.)

If you want/can live with a numpad I think Q-Pad MK-50 should be in your price range (their german shop shows 75e + x for shipping) but I'd look for additional advice regarding the Q-Pad build quality.


Very good point about ISO layout. Afaik the Q-pad isn't top of the line but it shouldn't fall apart on you. But it is just really ugly imo.


Well, I wouldn't mind that much about the layout, but if it can be ISO, i'd prefer for sure. Problem for me is more of the numpad, definitely needs to be one there. Checked out the zowie celeritas, it's 120 euros and brown switches so kind of meh about it :/ The CM quick fire looks nice , don't you guys now something alike with ISO layout and a numpad ?
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
August 08 2012 09:22 GMT
#3597
ordered a QPAD MK-50 yesterday with red switches. thoughts on this keyboard? paid 80 euros for it and thought it was decent for a keyboard with red switches as they are rather rare.
Reivax
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 09:29:40
August 08 2012 09:24 GMT
#3598
For the french guys, I think you should be able to get a hold of Tesoro Durandal, I got mine yesterday and I believe they can come with at least both Browns and Reds.

Cost ~70 euro in Sweden and seems quite excellent, I'm very happy with it so far. It comes in 2 flavours, ultimate and regular, with ultimate having some extras like LED lighting. Loving my regular though, its definately enough for me.
ZeraX
Profile Joined April 2011
France14 Posts
August 08 2012 10:20 GMT
#3599
On August 08 2012 18:24 Reivax wrote:
For the french guys, I think you should be able to get a hold of Tesoro Durandal, I got mine yesterday and I believe they can come with at least both Browns and Reds.

Cost ~70 euro in Sweden and seems quite excellent, I'm very happy with it so far. It comes in 2 flavours, ultimate and regular, with ultimate having some extras like LED lighting. Loving my regular though, its definately enough for me.


Sadly, they're only avaible with brown switches -from what i see at least-, would have taken it otherwise as it is exactly my price range ( 80$ )
Reivax
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden214 Posts
August 08 2012 11:44 GMT
#3600
hm, maybe I missed something, but why would you pick reds over browns btw? I personally love the feel of the tactile response, not sure what I missed from the red.
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister651
byalli617
ceh9548
shoxiejesuss539
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
WinterStarcraft547
Happy411
dupreeh278
Sick255
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1237
• Stunt501
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 17m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.