• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:42
CEST 19:42
KST 02:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7935 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 161

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 159 160 161 162 163 653 Next
Strafe578
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada67 Posts
June 20 2012 00:39 GMT
#3201
Hey, I got a laptop from Canada and I am going on vacation to China. I know the power outlet in Canada are 110-120 volts whereas the power outlets in China are around 220-240volts. Would there be any problems using my laptop's power adaptor there or would I need to buy something special for it to not burst into flames.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 20 2012 00:43 GMT
#3202
On June 20 2012 09:39 Strafe578 wrote:
Hey, I got a laptop from Canada and I am going on vacation to China. I know the power outlet in Canada are 110-120 volts whereas the power outlets in China are around 220-240volts. Would there be any problems using my laptop's power adaptor there or would I need to buy something special for it to not burst into flames.


It's going to depend on the laptop, some will not need a converter. My HP adapter is 110-240v 50-60htz so it can be used pretty much anywhere (it's also printed in both english and chinese). I believe most Dells are the same, it should say right on the top of the charger what input it accepts. But you're still going to need an adapter as the power outlets in China are completely different than the NA ones so the plug won't physically fit in the socket.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 00:46:59
June 20 2012 00:46 GMT
#3203
On June 20 2012 09:39 Strafe578 wrote:
Hey, I got a laptop from Canada and I am going on vacation to China. I know the power outlet in Canada are 110-120 volts whereas the power outlets in China are around 220-240volts. Would there be any problems using my laptop's power adaptor there or would I need to buy something special for it to not burst into flames.


You need either a proper converter that steps down, or, in some cases, just a plug adapter. I haven't used one in years though, so I have no idea what's a good brand or what it should cost.

Bah ninjad.
ets_nsm
Profile Joined June 2011
United States38 Posts
June 20 2012 00:52 GMT
#3204
On June 19 2012 22:20 jacosajh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 18:19 ets_nsm wrote:
On June 19 2012 11:23 Rollin wrote:
On June 19 2012 10:23 ets_nsm wrote:
What download speed do I need to see on speedtest.net in order for me to stream on ultra graphics, with a 2500k, z68vpro, and gtx560ti?

At what resolution? Download speed is irrelevant, you need ~2+ Mb upload for a nice 720p stream, and ~5+ for a nice 1080p stream.


My resolution on the computer and starcraft are set at 1920 * 1080, and for the stream it'd be 1280 x 720. My upload is .42, what can that get me without any laggage? and if so, how would I set that up?


.42 isn't that good. Your CPU is capable of streaming 1080/720p but you are upload-limited.

I would try out a 640x360p @ 300 bit rate, with high everything else. Hopefully, your streaming application/CPU can compress well enough that a 360p output can still give decent picture.

Disclaimer: I don't usually stream at 360p; but I have noticed when I have in the past, that xsplit averages right around ~250 bit rate at this low resolution. This does make sense, based on xsplit's guide, found here:

http://www.xsplit.com/forum/faq.php#f4r9

Just be aware, that for other factors, it may turn out that you're not able to stream at all with that upload speed.


What upload speed on average would I need in order to stream properly at the 720/1080p mark?
Also, my current ISP is At&t, and they claim that I have the highest internet speed I can get. With that said, does this mean that there's a positive correlation between the increase in download speed provided, with the upload speed provided? I say this because the At&t website alone advertises their download speed and aids their customers to choose according to that package. Or, do you know under your knowledge if I can just call at&t and say, "Hey, can you guys crank in some more upload power?" etc.
"PLAYGUUUUUUUU"
Strafe578
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada67 Posts
June 20 2012 01:10 GMT
#3205
Silly me, I didnt pay attention to the label in the power adaptor (it says 100-240v). So the plug on the power adaptor will not fit the plugs in China? Do you know where I could get a adaptop in Ontario, Canada for cheap (preferably under 10$ =/)

BTW, Thank you for your quick replies :D
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 01:20:37
June 20 2012 01:11 GMT
#3206
The highest speed AT&T offers may be more than enough or way less than enough, depending on where you live (not just the city but the actual location). Lots of times there's a legitimate physical limitation; wiring distance and quality to their central office may be such that SINR is not great, and they wouldn't be able to offer any higher data rates even if they wanted. Generally the plans with higher download speeds offer higher upload speeds as well.

If you have a fast processor, then around 1500 kbps upload or higher is okay for 720p. With a modern overclocked Core i7 or by sacrificing video quality, a bit lower than that may still be acceptable.

On June 20 2012 10:10 Strafe578 wrote:
Silly me, I didnt pay attention to the label in the power adaptor (it says 100-240v). So the plug on the power adaptor will not fit the plugs in China? Do you know where I could get a adaptop in Ontario, Canada for cheap (preferably under 10$ =/)

BTW, Thank you for your quick replies :D

I get the feeling that such a plug would be cheaper to purchase in China and widely available. Though if you get it at an airport, they could be gouging you some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_plug#China_CPCS-CCC_.28Chinese_10.C2.A0A.2F250.C2.A0V.29
http://gochina.about.com/od/tripplanning/qt/Current_WallPlug.htm
Strafe578
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada67 Posts
June 20 2012 01:29 GMT
#3207
On June 20 2012 10:11 Myrmidon wrote:

I get the feeling that such a plug would be cheaper to purchase in China and widely available. Though if you get it at an airport, they could be gouging you some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_plug#China_CPCS-CCC_.28Chinese_10.C2.A0A.2F250.C2.A0V.29
http://gochina.about.com/od/tripplanning/qt/Current_WallPlug.htm


Thank you very much! I will definatly go look for some adaptors when I get there.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 20 2012 01:39 GMT
#3208
On June 20 2012 10:29 Strafe578 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2012 10:11 Myrmidon wrote:

I get the feeling that such a plug would be cheaper to purchase in China and widely available. Though if you get it at an airport, they could be gouging you some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_plug#China_CPCS-CCC_.28Chinese_10.C2.A0A.2F250.C2.A0V.29
http://gochina.about.com/od/tripplanning/qt/Current_WallPlug.htm


Thank you very much! I will definatly go look for some adaptors when I get there.


If it's going to be a while before you leave, Amazon or New Egg would probably be a better bet as they will probably be a bit cheaper: http://www.amazon.com/VCT-VP-Universal-Australia-ArgentinaTravel/dp/B00374I2T2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340156252&sr=8-1&keywords=chinese plug adapter
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
June 20 2012 03:22 GMT
#3209
Hey guys, I just got back from las vegas and made myself quite a little bit of money. I have about 730 dollars now to spend on a computer and was looking at this one
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-H8-1020-i7-2600s-2-80GHz/dp/B00819ONNM/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1340162363&sr=8-27&keywords=quad core computer

I have a discount to get it at 579. Can this run sc2 at extra high? Also please give me suggestions, I have two decent videocards also: Radeon HD 5570 and an ASUS EAH5670

I would like to order from amazon so please help me out and thanks so much!
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
June 20 2012 14:48 GMT
#3210
Can anybody help me with my situation?

My ISP just installed a new modem for the internet (cable), but my router doesn't seem to like it because after about 15 minutes, it stops working. To get it working again, I found out I had to reset both the modem and the router. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the router because I had absolutely no problem when I connected directly to the modem. This router was working fine when I had DSL a few weeks ago, though. Suggestions?
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-20 18:01:44
June 20 2012 16:40 GMT
#3211
On June 20 2012 23:48 billy5000 wrote:
Can anybody help me with my situation?

My ISP just installed a new modem for the internet (cable), but my router doesn't seem to like it because after about 15 minutes, it stops working. To get it working again, I found out I had to reset both the modem and the router. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the router because I had absolutely no problem when I connected directly to the modem. This router was working fine when I had DSL a few weeks ago, though. Suggestions?


Did you try calling your ISP yet? They can do a reset from their end which resolves issues sometimes as well.

My initial guess is that the router is losing connection, and often times with cable modems to get the router to pull the correct IP you have to power down the router, reset the modem, and then reset the router again. That could be caused by the router or the cable modem. My guess would be that if the router was fine up until that point, it's probably the cable modem but there's really no way to tell for sure without testing each of the components. I'd suggest flashing the bios on the router to the most recent, and if you're still having issues call your ISP's customer service and have them test the connection. That's what they're there for.

On June 20 2012 12:22 `Zapdos wrote:
Hey guys, I just got back from las vegas and made myself quite a little bit of money. I have about 730 dollars now to spend on a computer and was looking at this one
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-H8-1020-i7-2600s-2-80GHz/dp/B00819ONNM/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1340162363&sr=8-27&keywords=quad core computer

I have a discount to get it at 579. Can this run sc2 at extra high? Also please give me suggestions, I have two decent videocards also: Radeon HD 5570 and an ASUS EAH5670

I would like to order from amazon so please help me out and thanks so much!


Assuming Amazon's specs are accurate, with an i7-2600s and Radeon HD 6570 you are more than likely going to be able to run SC2 at the highest or close to highest settings as SC2 relies on CPU more than GPU. However, don't expect stunning performance for any high graphics FPSs. I would suspect that for something like BF3 you might be able to pull high graphics at best, medium on a high resolution.

I'm not a prebuilt fan, but for $579 with your discount that's not a bad deal for what it is. HP at least has decent customer support and the bloatware that comes pre-installed isn't terrible either.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
candyshopgirl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden28 Posts
June 20 2012 17:30 GMT
#3212
so from my chassi igot one cabel from the front "1394" on it, were do a put in in my moaderbord msi z77A-g43 cant find any spot. ithink its cabel for fancontrol, mabey my msi dont has it?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
June 20 2012 17:36 GMT
#3213
1394 is firewire, don't think the z77a-g43 has it so you can just leave it as is.
candyshopgirl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden28 Posts
June 20 2012 17:40 GMT
#3214
okaj nice to here. thx!
JosephAM
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada131 Posts
June 20 2012 19:40 GMT
#3215
Which is harder to run: SC2 or Diablo 3?

My sister's thinking of gettind Diablo 3, but the computer she currently uses only runs Starcraft on low.

Specs are:

AMD Phenom 8450 @ 2.1GHz
3gb ram
NVidia GeForce 9300 GE
1280x1024 res

If not, could someone recommend a rig that'll play both D3 at at least medium for ~$600?
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
June 20 2012 20:10 GMT
#3216
On June 21 2012 01:40 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2012 23:48 billy5000 wrote:
Can anybody help me with my situation?

My ISP just installed a new modem for the internet (cable), but my router doesn't seem to like it because after about 15 minutes, it stops working. To get it working again, I found out I had to reset both the modem and the router. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the router because I had absolutely no problem when I connected directly to the modem. This router was working fine when I had DSL a few weeks ago, though. Suggestions?


Did you try calling your ISP yet? They can do a reset from their end which resolves issues sometimes as well.

My initial guess is that the router is losing connection, and often times with cable modems to get the router to pull the correct IP you have to power down the router, reset the modem, and then reset the router again. That could be caused by the router or the cable modem. My guess would be that if the router was fine up until that point, it's probably the cable modem but there's really no way to tell for sure without testing each of the components. I'd suggest flashing the bios on the router to the most recent, and if you're still having issues call your ISP's customer service and have them test the connection. That's what they're there for.





I contacted my ISP and tried what you said. No luck, though. They think it might be the ethernet cables, which I already played around with beforehand. Anyway, they weren't much of a help. I also tried google, but this problem is fairly specific and I don't really have the proper knowledge to know what exactly to search for.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 20 2012 20:30 GMT
#3217
On June 21 2012 05:10 billy5000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2012 01:40 TheToast wrote:
On June 20 2012 23:48 billy5000 wrote:
Can anybody help me with my situation?

My ISP just installed a new modem for the internet (cable), but my router doesn't seem to like it because after about 15 minutes, it stops working. To get it working again, I found out I had to reset both the modem and the router. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the router because I had absolutely no problem when I connected directly to the modem. This router was working fine when I had DSL a few weeks ago, though. Suggestions?


Did you try calling your ISP yet? They can do a reset from their end which resolves issues sometimes as well.

My initial guess is that the router is losing connection, and often times with cable modems to get the router to pull the correct IP you have to power down the router, reset the modem, and then reset the router again. That could be caused by the router or the cable modem. My guess would be that if the router was fine up until that point, it's probably the cable modem but there's really no way to tell for sure without testing each of the components. I'd suggest flashing the bios on the router to the most recent, and if you're still having issues call your ISP's customer service and have them test the connection. That's what they're there for.





I contacted my ISP and tried what you said. No luck, though. They think it might be the ethernet cables, which I already played around with beforehand. Anyway, they weren't much of a help. I also tried google, but this problem is fairly specific and I don't really have the proper knowledge to know what exactly to search for.


I would say start by flashing the firmware on the router to the latest version and see if that helps. If not, I'd say try connecting your PC directly to the cable modem (make sure Windows Firewall is enabled) and see if you lose connection at all. If not (and I suspect you won't) it's probably an issue with the router and you may have to purchase a new one.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
June 20 2012 20:59 GMT
#3218
how can I stream a game like amnesia in windowed mode without having the borders?
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
June 21 2012 02:50 GMT
#3219
would a AMD FX Series Quad Core FX 4100 Processor 3.6GHz be strong enough to run sc2 at high with a good graphics card or is that cpu not powerful enough?
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
Nabutso
Profile Joined April 2011
351 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-21 02:59:15
June 21 2012 02:58 GMT
#3220
On June 21 2012 11:50 `Zapdos wrote:
would a AMD FX Series Quad Core FX 4100 Processor 3.6GHz be strong enough to run sc2 at high with a good graphics card or is that cpu not powerful enough?


You're better off with a sandybridge (intel) dual core (i3 or pentium) than a psuedo quad core AMD, considering SC2 runs on only 2 cores.

edit: but it would run it on high except in lategame scnarios
Prev 1 159 160 161 162 163 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 241
BRAT_OK 71
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27028
Mini 457
Hyuk 253
firebathero 183
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 58
Mong 52
Hyun 41
Killer 35
PianO 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 16
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10444
qojqva1688
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
crisheroes1239
Liquid`Hasu750
Other Games
Grubby2613
FrodaN2187
fl0m1184
Beastyqt1039
Mlord425
KnowMe155
Livibee152
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King61
Trikslyr47
ToD37
mouzStarbuck25
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick981
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 63
• StrangeGG 48
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7779
Other Games
• imaqtpie467
• Shiphtur292
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 19m
INu's Battles
18h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.