• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:00
CEST 18:00
KST 01:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7731 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 162

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 653 Next
candyshopgirl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden28 Posts
June 21 2012 12:07 GMT
#3221
I have intels ssd 330 120gb but i can only use 100gb?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 21 2012 13:44 GMT
#3222
On June 21 2012 21:07 candyshopgirl wrote:
I have intels ssd 330 120gb but i can only use 100gb?


Is that 100GB the free space on the drive or the total space?
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
candyshopgirl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden28 Posts
June 21 2012 14:13 GMT
#3223
total space i used 60 and left with 40gb
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
June 21 2012 18:01 GMT
#3224
Is a 32 bit and 64 bit OS dependant on the CPU I have? I just noticed today that the 8 GB ram I have installed into my computer can only utilize 4 GB (well really 2.98 GB) since I'm running on 32 bit.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 21 2012 18:05 GMT
#3225
On June 22 2012 03:01 Sovano wrote:
Is a 32 bit and 64 bit OS dependant on the CPU I have? I just noticed today that the 8 GB ram I have installed into my computer can only utilize 4 GB (well really 2.98 GB) since I'm running on 32 bit.


Yes.

Though virtually every CPU produced in the last 5 years is going to be 64 bit, and most P4s do as well. Though each version of Windows 7 64-bit has a different supported maximum memory as well, full list is here
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 21 2012 18:13 GMT
#3226
On June 21 2012 23:13 candyshopgirl wrote:
total space i used 60 and left with 40gb


Is it exactly 60 and exactly 40? I suspect that the total avaiable space is probably around 110 GB, which would be correct.

Hard drive manufacturers measure a Gibabyte differently than most OSs do. The SSD manufacturer defines a Gigabyte as 1,000,000,000 bytes whereas the OS defines a Gigabyte as 1,073,741,824 (or 2^30) bytes; as such the OS will only read the drive as a maximum of about 111GB.

If you've got another partition on the drive for recovery or whatever (Windows 7 by default creates a small one as well), that space won't be counted either.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-22 03:33:41
June 22 2012 03:08 GMT
#3227
I've been using the same usb wifi adapter on my computers for about 4 years now, and over the last couple of days it has begun "overheating". I don't know if this is a documented phenomenon, but it gets really hot and slow if I download more than a few megabytes right now. So is this an issue with the hardware, where I need to replace something, or is this something else? Also, if I do need to replace it, what should I replace it with? All things being equal, I'd prefer the convenience of a USB, but if PCI is somehow inherently better and about the same price, I'm willing to get that. And for the record, I'd love to do an ethernet connection, but I live on the furthest side of the house from the router, and my parents wouldn't approve of me running a cable all the way. So it has to be wifi... TT

edit: When the adapter is running well, I'm probably getting probably about 150ish KB/s in actual downloads, but somehow speedtest is saying that I'm getting about 12 mbps download speeds, so ???
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
-iNko
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania160 Posts
June 22 2012 11:23 GMT
#3228
Need help picking motherboard

Got:
GPU - Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores 1GB PCI-Express HDMI
CPU - i5 2500k

i want to OC the cpu to 4,5ghz does it matter witch mobo i choose? also i want do have 1080p stream, does mobo has any effect on this?

i was thinking getting this:
Asus-Sabertooth-P67-Socket-1155-Motherboard

but then i though maybe i could get a cheaper one? (i dont rly know the differences between mobos)
so i found theese:
Asus-P8P67-M-PRO-Rev-3-0-Motherboard-Socket-1155

Asus-P8P67-LE-Ivybridge-Motherboard

any suggestions ?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
June 22 2012 14:29 GMT
#3229
On June 22 2012 12:08 Mordanis wrote:
I've been using the same usb wifi adapter on my computers for about 4 years now, and over the last couple of days it has begun "overheating". I don't know if this is a documented phenomenon, but it gets really hot and slow if I download more than a few megabytes right now. So is this an issue with the hardware, where I need to replace something, or is this something else? Also, if I do need to replace it, what should I replace it with? All things being equal, I'd prefer the convenience of a USB, but if PCI is somehow inherently better and about the same price, I'm willing to get that. And for the record, I'd love to do an ethernet connection, but I live on the furthest side of the house from the router, and my parents wouldn't approve of me running a cable all the way. So it has to be wifi... TT

edit: When the adapter is running well, I'm probably getting probably about 150ish KB/s in actual downloads, but somehow speedtest is saying that I'm getting about 12 mbps download speeds, so ???


150KB = 1200bits = 12mb So yea that's exactly correct. It's because 1B= 1 byte = 8bits = 8b.

Moving that amount of data for a long time, I could see why it's getting hot. You could try to troubleshoot the connection, making sure that it's got a good signal and that the bandwidth isn't being gobbled up by something else, but if you don't think it's working properly anymore, it's probably not.

If you do get a good one, I'd very highly reccomend going PCI. I don't know if it's "inherently" better, but I prefer something that's a solid integrated piece of my PC which I don't have to worry about coming loose or having issues with USB controller drivers, etc. And also I prefer something that's not taking up one of my USB ports.

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
June 22 2012 17:46 GMT
#3230
my computer clock randomly changes the time whenever I use an application for a while or when I reboot/shutdown it stays at the time that it was shut down from and doesnt continue with the global time. Ive been told to do a bios update but I couldnt get the update to work. my board is the asrock pro 3 z77
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-22 17:50:55
June 22 2012 17:49 GMT
#3231
On June 23 2012 02:46 Zushen wrote:
my computer clock randomly changes the time whenever I use an application for a while or when I reboot/shutdown it stays at the time that it was shut down from and doesnt continue with the global time. Ive been told to do a bios update but I couldnt get the update to work. my board is the asrock pro 3 z77


Sounds like a dead cmos battery to me. Though I supposed it could be a messed up bios, I think the former is more likely. They sell them everywhere and they're pretty cheap.

I think this is the right battery size (someone do me a favor and double check plz): http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Electronic-Batteries-batteries-Lithium/dp/B0002DSVS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340387300&sr=8-2&keywords=cmos battery

-edit: ususally the motherboard would give en error on boot if the cmos battery was getting low, but if it was completely dead it might not as it couldn't save any settings.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
June 22 2012 17:50 GMT
#3232
Go into your date and time settings on the control panel and make sure it's set up to sync.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
June 22 2012 18:12 GMT
#3233
On June 23 2012 02:49 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2012 02:46 Zushen wrote:
my computer clock randomly changes the time whenever I use an application for a while or when I reboot/shutdown it stays at the time that it was shut down from and doesnt continue with the global time. Ive been told to do a bios update but I couldnt get the update to work. my board is the asrock pro 3 z77


Sounds like a dead cmos battery to me. Though I supposed it could be a messed up bios, I think the former is more likely. They sell them everywhere and they're pretty cheap.

I think this is the right battery size (someone do me a favor and double check plz): http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Electronic-Batteries-batteries-Lithium/dp/B0002DSVS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340387300&sr=8-2&keywords=cmos battery

-edit: ususally the motherboard would give en error on boot if the cmos battery was getting low, but if it was completely dead it might not as it couldn't save any settings.

Dead battery? this board is under a month old wtf. I guess I could just swap it at microcenter im sure they would understand
matiK23
Profile Joined May 2011
United States963 Posts
June 23 2012 06:25 GMT
#3234
Ok I give up. I just replaced my motherboard and my computer STILL FUCKING HANGS AND FREEZES....and then goes back to normal. No event viewer errors. I give up. I feel so hopeless. I basically replaced all the parts in my computer, except the cpu. Can a wireless adapter such as THIS cause hangups/random freezes?

It happens usually when I play games or watch a stream. Just give me any answer. "God hates me so he's punishing me" is a better answer than no answer.
Without a paddle up shit creek.
kaifragrance
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada50 Posts
June 24 2012 18:02 GMT
#3235
Why do I only hear "half" of the sounds from my earphones? They both work, but some sounds are left out.
For example, when watching a dota2 stream, I don't hear the streamer's microphone but all the other sounds are clear (dota2 sounds).
Or songs won't have any singing, just the background music(or most of it).
ralffriend
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany112 Posts
June 24 2012 20:14 GMT
#3236
question: any good link/thread about how to use 2monitors?
I was only using one my whole life so far but i wanna have a second one to chat/do other stuff while i play. Need a nooby guide or something^^
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 20:27:48
June 24 2012 20:26 GMT
#3237
On June 23 2012 15:25 matiK23 wrote:
Ok I give up. I just replaced my motherboard and my computer STILL FUCKING HANGS AND FREEZES....and then goes back to normal. No event viewer errors. I give up. I feel so hopeless. I basically replaced all the parts in my computer, except the cpu. Can a wireless adapter such as THIS cause hangups/random freezes?

It happens usually when I play games or watch a stream. Just give me any answer. "God hates me so he's punishing me" is a better answer than no answer.


I have some ideas, but this really isn't a simple question. Go make a new thread; include a full list of the hardware, exactly what you replaced in the order you replaced it, exactly what the issue is (i.e. how long does it freeze, can you still do things, etc.), and exactly what troubleshooting steps you've taken. Also note whether or not you've tried a Windows reinstall. The more detail, the more likely we can help.

And to answer your second question, yes a wifi adapter could cause a system hang, but there almost 100% for sure would be an error or warning within the System Event Viewer noting that the driver or a system service hung and/or crashed. So if you are sure that the event viewer is error free then it's very unlikely the wifi adapter is the problem.

On June 25 2012 03:02 kaifragrance wrote:
Why do I only hear "half" of the sounds from my earphones? They both work, but some sounds are left out.
For example, when watching a dota2 stream, I don't hear the streamer's microphone but all the other sounds are clear (dota2 sounds).
Or songs won't have any singing, just the background music(or most of it).


Headphones jack is probably loose in the port.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
minitelemaster
Profile Joined May 2011
United States95 Posts
June 24 2012 21:12 GMT
#3238
On June 23 2012 15:25 matiK23 wrote:
Ok I give up. I just replaced my motherboard and my computer STILL FUCKING HANGS AND FREEZES....and then goes back to normal. No event viewer errors. I give up. I feel so hopeless. I basically replaced all the parts in my computer, except the cpu. Can a wireless adapter such as THIS cause hangups/random freezes?

It happens usually when I play games or watch a stream. Just give me any answer. "God hates me so he's punishing me" is a better answer than no answer.


I had a wireless adapter that came with my old prebuilt that would cause hangups and freezes like you describe. Took it out and the problem went away.
Bite my shiny metal @$$
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
June 24 2012 22:39 GMT
#3239
if im looking for a new power supply how do i decide which one is right for me? at first i thought all power supplies were created equal aside from watt but that doesnt seem to be the case browsing through them and seeing some PSUs costing more then PSUs with more watts, so how do i decide which PSU is the best deal?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
June 24 2012 22:47 GMT
#3240
On June 25 2012 07:39 Forikorder wrote:
if im looking for a new power supply how do i decide which one is right for me? at first i thought all power supplies were created equal aside from watt but that doesnt seem to be the case browsing through them and seeing some PSUs costing more then PSUs with more watts, so how do i decide which PSU is the best deal?


What is your system? Do you plan on doing SLI / CrossfireX?

Do you care about it being non-modular, semi-modular, or fully modular?

Do you care about warranty?
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 69
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31430
Bisu 2703
Shuttle 1714
Hyuk 1027
EffOrt 817
Mini 786
Larva 413
Soma 383
ZerO 234
firebathero 225
[ Show more ]
hero 136
Sexy 58
sorry 50
Mong 44
PianO 44
Hyun 43
Pusan 36
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 32
Killer 25
Terrorterran 16
zelot 15
JulyZerg 14
Rock 13
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1675
Dendi977
Counter-Strike
fl0m2744
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1097
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt658
Mlord366
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX154
KnowMe114
ArmadaUGS111
Mew2King75
Trikslyr18
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1855
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
FEL
1m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 1m
INu's Battles
20h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.