• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:48
CEST 10:48
KST 17:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8338 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 130

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 653 Next
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 10 2012 14:19 GMT
#2581
On May 10 2012 13:44 Alvin853 wrote:
Not sure if I'm having problems with my flash player, or youtube is trying to get people to use html5, but just now for the second time in about a week youtube started showing me videos in html5 instead of flash, this time on my desktop, last time on my laptop. I'm not participating in the html5 test, but the only way to get back to flash is to joing the test and leave again right away.
How can I tell youtube not to show me html5 videos instead of flash? Anyone else experiencing the same problems?


Try clearing your internet cache, including cookies. I suspect one of them isn't updating properly. Either that or your version of Flash is very out of date, try updating it as well.

On May 10 2012 22:05 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
It shows you html5 video if you use an html5 browser, regardless of whether you are in the test or not. I deal with it since html5 video runs pretty well on my computer.


No. You only get HTML5 videos if you've set your options to participate in their beta testing. HTML 5 <video> is still pretty buggy on certain browsers.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
May 10 2012 14:35 GMT
#2582
I opt out of the test and still get it on all my browsers. I'm not on a static IP and clear my cache daily.
Alvin853
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany149 Posts
May 10 2012 18:32 GMT
#2583
On May 10 2012 23:19 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 13:44 Alvin853 wrote:
Not sure if I'm having problems with my flash player, or youtube is trying to get people to use html5, but just now for the second time in about a week youtube started showing me videos in html5 instead of flash, this time on my desktop, last time on my laptop. I'm not participating in the html5 test, but the only way to get back to flash is to joing the test and leave again right away.
How can I tell youtube not to show me html5 videos instead of flash? Anyone else experiencing the same problems?


Try clearing your internet cache, including cookies. I suspect one of them isn't updating properly. Either that or your version of Flash is very out of date, try updating it as well.

Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 22:05 EdenPLusDucky wrote:
It shows you html5 video if you use an html5 browser, regardless of whether you are in the test or not. I deal with it since html5 video runs pretty well on my computer.


No. You only get HTML5 videos if you've set your options to participate in their beta testing. HTML 5 <video> is still pretty buggy on certain browsers.


Both my computers use up to date firefox and flash, desktop is on windows 7, laptop is on ubuntu 12.04. HTML5 video is semi-fine on my desktop, but usually less quality options on the videos, also pause/resume or skipping around in the video causes the screen to go black once in a while. But on my laptop it is unwatchable, extremely laggy even at lowest resolutions, video/sound go out of sync.

I'm thinking they're trying to silently convert the users to HTML5, even those that didn't sign up for the test, and eventually they'll go full HTML5 because people have been using it anyway. Their statement from 3 weeks ago says they switch to HTML5 if no flash is installed or flash is disabled, but for some reason youtube seems to detect no flash very easily and switch to HTML5 even with flash enabled.

I'd just really like to stick with flash as long as HTML5 has that many bugs on certain system/browser configurations. I know I can turn off HTML5 video playback in my browser, but I'd really prefer if I could tell youtube not to give me HTML5 videos when I don't want them.
taldarimAltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
973 Posts
May 10 2012 19:55 GMT
#2584
Will a card like the hd7850 fit on a micro atx mobo? Is there a general rule or guide I should follow to see if my parts fit?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 10 2012 19:56 GMT
#2585
All PCI-E x16 cards will fit on all boards with a PCI-E x16 slot.
taldarimAltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 20:05:41
May 10 2012 20:05 GMT
#2586
On May 11 2012 04:56 skyR wrote:
All PCI-E x16 cards will fit on all boards with a PCI-E x16 slot.

If the card is big and bulyk will it obstruct other parts like ram or the CPU heat sink? Sorry should have asked it better!
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 20:09:44
May 10 2012 20:07 GMT
#2587
On May 11 2012 05:05 taldarimAltar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 04:56 skyR wrote:
All PCI-E x16 cards will fit on all boards with a PCI-E x16 slot.

If the card is big and bulyk will it obstruct other parts like ram or the CPU heat sink? Sorry should have asked it better!

The video card doesn't hang over those components. If the layout is retarded, it might block some SATA ports or something like that, but that depends on the particular motherboard model.

edit: and of course a two-slot card will block the PCI or PCI Express slot that might be under it (duh). A three-slot card will block another one. Sometimes the CMOS battery would be blocked by a large graphics card too. Again, it depends on the layout, so we have no clue unless you mention a specific model. Actually, why don't you just check pictures or look at the thing yourself?
taldarimAltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 20:14:51
May 10 2012 20:09 GMT
#2588
Ok thanks skyR and myrmidon!
Edit: oh it's a asrock h61m/u3s3 looked at pics looks fine but I'm not good with spatial stuff and wasn't exactly sure how the card would look on it. Didn't want to buy it and realize its don't work out
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
May 11 2012 13:34 GMT
#2589
Hey there.
My onboard sound card is terrible with my Carcharias mic (volume too low, even on +30dB), so I decided to buy a new one.
Which one would you recommend?
It has to be a PCI x1, and I don't need all that 5.1 suround BS. It just needs to be decent enough with my headset.

Thanks in advance.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
May 11 2012 13:36 GMT
#2590
Are you sure its not the mic itself that is awful?
Artline
Profile Joined September 2011
177 Posts
May 11 2012 13:49 GMT
#2591
Sorry if it's been answered before but can I just apply thermal paste without removing the paste left from before? Or if I have to, what home product can I use to remove it? I really don't want to go far out considering I live in a somewhat rural area.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 11 2012 13:51 GMT
#2592
On May 11 2012 22:49 Artline wrote:
Sorry if it's been answered before but can I just apply thermal paste without removing the paste left from before? Or if I have to, what home product can I use to remove it? I really don't want to go far out considering I live in a somewhat rural area.


Don't leave that shit on there. Use the highest concentration isopropyl rubbing alcohol you can find, with a coffee filter or gauze. If you use gauze, make sure the whole piece is wet.
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
May 11 2012 13:57 GMT
#2593
Just to add to what JingleHell said, the idea is you want to use a material that won't leave any fibers on the heatsink. Coffee filters or gauze are designed to do just that. Regular paper, or a paper towel will leave pieces behind which will screw up the heat transfer between the chip and heatsink.
Cenja
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden498 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 15:44:54
May 11 2012 15:44 GMT
#2594
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new PC, and I've two got options: i5 2500k + a SSD or i5 3570k + a 7200 rpm HDD with 32MB cache.
Both options cost the same and have a gtx570 and 8gb ram. Which should I go for? I'm leaning towards the SSD option because I've read that the difference between the CPUs are pretty small when it comes to gaming.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 11 2012 15:48 GMT
#2595
On May 12 2012 00:44 Cenja wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new PC, and I've two got options: i5 2500k + a SSD or i5 3570k + a 7200 rpm HDD with 32MB cache.
Both options cost the same and have a gtx570 and 8gb ram. Which should I go for? I'm leaning towards the SSD option because I've read that the difference between the CPUs are pretty small when it comes to gaming.


What's the size on the SSD?
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
May 11 2012 15:57 GMT
#2596
On May 12 2012 00:44 Cenja wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new PC, and I've two got options: i5 2500k + a SSD or i5 3570k + a 7200 rpm HDD with 32MB cache.
Both options cost the same and have a gtx570 and 8gb ram. Which should I go for? I'm leaning towards the SSD option because I've read that the difference between the CPUs are pretty small when it comes to gaming.


The SSD also has a minimal effect on gaming performance. It improves loading times, but that's all. And if you play a multiplayer game such as SC2, you're going to be held back by the slowest player to load anyway.

Depending on what you plan to do with the SSD, it may not have enough space to hold all your files. Cound 25 GB for Windows (depending on additional features and options chosen). SC2 is something like 10 GB, which is actually not that big for a modern game. If you also want to keep music and videos as well as other games and large software packages, you will quickly run out of space on the SSD. It is for that reason that most people that use an SSD combine it with a regular harddisk. Keep Windows, the most commonly used software and files on the SSD and everything else on the much larger HD.

In terms of game-performance, both machines will be quite comparable.
Such flammable little insects!
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
May 11 2012 23:00 GMT
#2597
if i bought a cpu at microcenter before it went on sale could I take my receipt back to them and would they give me the difference? btw its an amd 1045t
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 12 2012 00:07 GMT
#2598
On May 12 2012 08:00 Zushen wrote:
if i bought a cpu at microcenter before it went on sale could I take my receipt back to them and would they give me the difference? btw its an amd 1045t


Call them and find out.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 12 2012 01:01 GMT
#2599
So im bulding my own computer for the first time and i have gotten to the point where i can enter bios and change setting and what not but when i go to install the windows i get the first screen both my keyboard and mouse do not work. Has anyone else had this issue? They are bot usb devices.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 12 2012 01:04 GMT
#2600
Probably a USB setting in BIOS you need to enable.
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1187
GuemChi 637
Hyun 543
firebathero 373
BeSt 321
Leta 292
Soma 191
Mong 155
Shine 97
PianO 65
[ Show more ]
sSak 48
910 48
Hyuk 46
yabsab 30
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Hm[arnc] 22
ZergMaN 21
Shinee 18
Noble 14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss835
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King399
Other Games
summit1g8476
olofmeister1105
ceh9641
gofns639
JimRising 504
KnowMe121
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick457
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos626
• Stunt433
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 12m
Patches Events
7h 12m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.