• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7581 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 132

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 653 Next
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
May 13 2012 12:05 GMT
#2621
I have sc2 installed on a drive that's running out of room. Is it possible to move sc2 to my secondary drive without having to uninstall and install it again?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 13 2012 12:15 GMT
#2622
Starcraft II is just copy and paste.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
May 13 2012 12:24 GMT
#2623
Ok thanks, will try that.
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
May 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#2624
I don't know where else to post this, so I'm just gonna ask here

Today I was testing a lot with different graphics settings and I noticed that the higher the graphics settings the more delay you have ingame. Can anyone explain that to me?

Its definitely not a huge difference but when I put everything on lowest settings (texture aswell) the delay is decreased quite a bit compared to everything on ultra.

JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 13:24:05
May 13 2012 13:23 GMT
#2625
On May 13 2012 22:20 Kaitokid wrote:
I don't know where else to post this, so I'm just gonna ask here

Today I was testing a lot with different graphics settings and I noticed that the higher the graphics settings the more delay you have ingame. Can anyone explain that to me?

Its definitely not a huge difference but when I put everything on lowest settings (texture aswell) the delay is decreased quite a bit compared to everything on ultra.



"delay" is not a technical term. Do you mean input lag, or do you mean slower frametimes? Also, did you turn on Vertical sync? What's your build?

My first reaction was "troll", then I decided it was too obvious, so I'm giving you benefit of the doubt.

Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
May 13 2012 13:44 GMT
#2626
well simply the command delay, the time it needs to register a command ingame...... dont have vertical sync turned on

build is

i5 2500k
gtx 560 ti
8gb ram
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 13 2012 13:47 GMT
#2627
On May 13 2012 22:44 Kaitokid wrote:
well simply the command delay, the time it needs to register a command ingame...... dont have vertical sync turned on

build is

i5 2500k
gtx 560 ti
8gb ram


That's input lag. It can theoretically go up as your framerate goes down, but there's no real reason for your PC to be having that issue.

Try changing individual settings and testing, see which settings in particular are causing it.
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
May 13 2012 13:49 GMT
#2628
models and shaders have most influence on it.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 13 2012 13:51 GMT
#2629
Have you tried updating and rolling back graphics drivers?
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
May 13 2012 13:58 GMT
#2630
I have the newest drivers. haven't tried testing older versions.

well its not a huge issue but I just wonder why graphics settings have an influence on input lag.. on a system is which is good enough to run sc2 on ultra. I don't have any problems even on ultra, its perfectly playable but I just don't feel 100% comfortable playing sc2 on higher settings when I know I'd have less input lag on lowest settings.
amcrae
Profile Joined May 2012
3 Posts
May 13 2012 22:44 GMT
#2631
Hey skyR,

Thanks for the clarification, I was referring to the Enthusiast sockets.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
May 13 2012 23:51 GMT
#2632
is a used 5970 for 250$ a good deal? im building a new pc today
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 14 2012 00:00 GMT
#2633
On May 14 2012 08:51 Zushen wrote:
is a used 5970 for 250$ a good deal? im building a new pc today


Used hardware is never a good deal unless it's somehow got manufacturer's warranty on it. Especially at prices above $50-100 for a single component. That's a high end card from a couple of generations back. There's no guarantees it's got any lifespan left, depending on OC and maintenence, and I highly doubt it has a good warranty.

In other words, fuck no.
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
May 14 2012 00:02 GMT
#2634
i wouldn't buy used stuff.
<3 Kim Taeyeon
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
May 14 2012 00:13 GMT
#2635
should i just get a 6950 2gb then? is it able to max out most games?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 14 2012 00:17 GMT
#2636
On May 14 2012 09:13 Zushen wrote:
should i just get a 6950 2gb then? is it able to max out most games?


Define "max out". If you forego the insanely high levels of AA and AF, and aren't talking absurd resolutions, then yes.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
May 14 2012 00:18 GMT
#2637
ok thanks JH! always a great help
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 02:59:52
May 14 2012 01:04 GMT
#2638
On May 13 2012 22:58 Kaitokid wrote:
I have the newest drivers. haven't tried testing older versions.

well its not a huge issue but I just wonder why graphics settings have an influence on input lag.. on a system is which is good enough to run sc2 on ultra. I don't have any problems even on ultra, its perfectly playable but I just don't feel 100% comfortable playing sc2 on higher settings when I know I'd have less input lag on lowest settings.


Honestly it sounds like you are talking about input latency across a networked game, which is going to happen. But what the heck Ill bite, does this happen in other games? Namely FPS games where input latency is pretty gnarly.
twitch.tv/medrea
Jakatak_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States117 Posts
May 14 2012 07:18 GMT
#2639
Okay, I returned my RAM from my previous post a couple pages back.

I previously had:

Windows 7 64 bit

Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK
Motherboard Model: P5WD2-Premium
Intel Pentium D 3.20GHz (4 CPU's), ~3.2GHz
I have 8gb of RAM that i just installed (corsair)
I have a Nvidia gtx 560 1024mb that I just installed.

I am now buying new things for my pc and I think everything will work together but I was hoping one of you might point out if something might not work.

I Have with my new PC build:

OS: Windows 7 64 bit

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K processor 3.5 4 LGA 1155 BX80637I73770K
link: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-3770K-processor-BX80637I73770K/dp/B007SZ0EOW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336956568&sr=1-2

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

RAM: Corsair CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 16GB (4x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL9, XMP Ready
link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1586691&srkey=CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1460-KR
link: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Mini-HDMI-Graphics-01G-P3-1460-KR/dp/B0050I1PHO

I'm pretty sure that everything should work together with no problems, but i'm still a noob at this and would appreciate it if one of you wizards would approve of something I've created.

Also, Would it be worth it to get an SSD drive to make things run faster? Or would a 500GB hard drive be ok to stick with?

•Thanks•



I am not the hotkey/reddit/help noobs jakatak.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 07:35:35
May 14 2012 07:33 GMT
#2640
Are you running anything CPU-intensive other than gaming? An i5-3570k is just as good for games. You already have a socket 1155-compatible (mounting holes are the same as for socket 1156) CPU cooler? Surely you're getting the K-version and a Z77 motherboard to overclock, right?

If you're not going to run SLI, you probably don't need an Extreme4, though you're only spending $20 more than for a Pro3.

HX750 is great but really overpriced and way overkill. Even if you run SLI GTX 560s, you could do that on a good 550W, though I'd consider getting 650W or some model with 4 PCI Express power connectors out of principle. If you're not going to run SLI, then that's even more overkill. Also, whatever CPU you get will use less power than what you have now, so if your current power supply can run your old system, it should be able to run the new system.

$110 is a bad price for 4 x 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM. Also, 8GB is probably already overkill for most users. Do you need that much more? It's not like having unused RAM makes anything faster. It should be more like $41 for 2 x 4GB (or $82 for the full 16GB):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313255

You already have the GTX 560, right?


If you don't need all of the above (or even if you do), then I would consider adding an SSD just because you're spending so much money already on things that don't really make a difference. May as well improve the rest of the system too, and in a way that you can actually notice.
Prev 1 130 131 132 133 134 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft477
RuFF_SC2 208
Nina 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3109
GuemChi 912
Leta 120
Terrorterran 76
Bale 40
NaDa 38
Noble 3
Dota 2
febbydoto9
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Mew2King44
Other Games
summit1g7763
C9.Mang0281
ViBE107
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• Pr0nogo 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1303
• Stunt361
Other Games
• Shiphtur519
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 40m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.