• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7910 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 127

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 653 Next
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 00:05:09
May 09 2012 00:04 GMT
#2521
Thank you skyr and myrmidon, omniscient as always
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Babru
Profile Joined September 2010
196 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 01:20:35
May 09 2012 01:09 GMT
#2522
Why is starcraft 2 by default being installed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder and not the normal (?) "C:/Program Files" folder when im running a 64 bit windows 7?

I thought x86 is linked to 32 bit windows, for example when installing windows 7 64bit one is to select the x64 option and when installing 32 bit one is to select the x86 option.

Edit: Lol, that makes sense.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 09 2012 01:12 GMT
#2523
Because Starcraft II is a 32bit program.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 09 2012 02:16 GMT
#2524
I have Phenom II 955 BE. Is there anything that is a plausible upgrade for it, aside from building a whole other i5/i7 rig? (ie another in socket chip)
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
May 09 2012 02:17 GMT
#2525
On May 09 2012 11:16 Froadac wrote:
I have Phenom II 955 BE. Is there anything that is a plausible upgrade for it, aside from building a whole other i5/i7 rig? (ie another in socket chip)

"Yes" for some things, "no" for running games.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 09 2012 02:17 GMT
#2526
Not really.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 09 2012 03:22 GMT
#2527
On May 09 2012 11:17 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 11:16 Froadac wrote:
I have Phenom II 955 BE. Is there anything that is a plausible upgrade for it, aside from building a whole other i5/i7 rig? (ie another in socket chip)

"Yes" for some things, "no" for running games.

Hmmm. Mostly need something that will play sc2 and Tf2, and work for compiling/other CS major things for college.

Also will need to get a laptop. woohoo.
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
May 09 2012 05:13 GMT
#2528
Please recommend any laptop that can play SC 2 at minimum requirement. I don't care about quality -- just play without lag.

The reason I'm asking is, lots of my friends have laptops from 3 years ago that could play everything at low (which is fine by me). But I'm shopping around now, and most of the cheap deal use Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics card, and I'm not sure that is sufficient... One would think that any laptop at this age should be able to play SC2...

Please help!
Best or nothing.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
May 09 2012 05:22 GMT
#2529
On May 09 2012 14:13 Quochobao wrote:
Please recommend any laptop that can play SC 2 at minimum requirement. I don't care about quality -- just play without lag.

The reason I'm asking is, lots of my friends have laptops from 3 years ago that could play everything at low (which is fine by me). But I'm shopping around now, and most of the cheap deal use Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics card, and I'm not sure that is sufficient... One would think that any laptop at this age should be able to play SC2...

Please help!

HD 3000 is sufficient. Ideally you want like a Core i5-2xxx or maybe Core i3-2xxx (with the integrated HD 3000 is okay). The AMD laptop processors are much slower and are not as good in lategame scenarios when there are battles between large armies, and the game requires a lot of the CPU.

Too bad Ivy Bridge dual cores aren't available yet, or those would have even better performance. The Ivy Bridge quad core laptops would probably be too expensive for you.
iloveroo
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada294 Posts
May 09 2012 05:56 GMT
#2530
quick question, i posted here awhile ago but I don't think I got a response.

My current rig
i3-2100
4gb ram
550w psu
radeon 6850
I think asus p8h67

Now I feel like upgrading my rig sometime this summer.. hopefully within August. I mostly game w/ my computer on a 24" monitor 1080p, I ocassionally use dual monitors when I feel like browsing while gaming.

I know that the radeon 7850 + the ivy bridges(4 cores) are out or should be out really soon, but I was wondering if its worth upgrading to those with my current rig.
Money isn't an issue but of course I don't want to spend it if I don't need to.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 09 2012 06:00 GMT
#2531
Add an SSD.
-Exalt-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States972 Posts
May 09 2012 06:22 GMT
#2532
Why aren't Twitch.tv Vods pausing? for example http://www.twitch.tv/liquidhero/b/313198642 won't pause for me. very frustrating :X is this a twitch.tv issue or an issue with my browser?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 09 2012 06:23 GMT
#2533
Pausing works fine for me (on chrome) so I guess it's something on your end?
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 07:21:04
May 09 2012 06:59 GMT
#2534
Edit 2: Did an alternate search, found the answer to my question
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 07:19:29
May 09 2012 07:16 GMT
#2535
Do you have to get that monitor? $300 for a TN monitor is a horrible buy.

Edit:
I mean christ. A Dell Ultrasharp U2412M is basically the same price as that monitor. Only with much better viewing angles, stock colour accuracy, ergonomic features, 16:10, as well as far better warranty support.
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
May 09 2012 07:30 GMT
#2536
On May 09 2012 16:16 Womwomwom wrote:
Do you have to get that monitor? $300 for a TN monitor is a horrible buy.

Edit:
I mean christ. A Dell Ultrasharp U2412M is basically the same price as that monitor. Only with much better viewing angles, stock colour accuracy, ergonomic features, 16:10, as well as far better warranty support.


No I don't, I got my original monitor this past xmas (which I assume why it was so cheap), was listed on amazon at the time for around $200. I was looking to match simply for aesthetic purposes, I already have a second monitor that does the job fine.

As far the other things you've mentioned, I have no problems with viewing angles, probably couldn't tell you the difference as far as color accuracy goes, and current monitor will do 16:10 as well as 4:3m fullscreen using the aspect ratio control, and my current monitor has a 3 year warranty. Not sure what Dell's is but my experiences with Dell have been laughable at best, although I haven't used them in years.

Discontinued anyway, oh well
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 07:41:06
May 09 2012 07:36 GMT
#2537
I have one keyboard that don't work if you start the computer on cold boot. If you take it out and plug it into a different usb port the drivers load and it works for as long as you have the computer on (as well as restarts). I tried with a second keyboard and that one works perfectly, cold boot or not. (The first keyboard is a cheap one and the second an expensive one, not sure if that matters). Would this indicate driver issues or something else? I've disabled power savings for usb hubs as well as uninstalled all keyboard drivers to see if there was some kind of conflict there. The bios is also the latest version as well as the chipset drivers. Anything else I might try other than to buy a new keyboard to see if that works? I want the second keyboard on another computer. I might also add that the keyboard I'm having troubles with works fine on a different computer.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
May 09 2012 07:38 GMT
#2538
Dell, like most technological companies, are dysfunctional. Like most tech companies (Sony, Samsung, HP, etc.), their consumer hardware lineups are utter trash. Their corporate and professional, if they have one, lineup are miles better than their consumer hardware. Ultrasharps are their high end corporate hardware.

I've used basically every monitor brand you can think of from the low end like BenQ and Acer to ultra high-end like Eizo and NEC. Ultrasharps are typically very damned good for the price you pay for them with some extremely good warranty support if you get through Dell's phone system. What the Dell U2412M doesn't have is a scaler for 1:1 pixel mapping...which is pretty much the only major flaw it has since it does pretty much everything else better than most 60hz displays.

There's a monitor thread for people who don't mind spending a bit of money on a nice display.
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
May 09 2012 07:50 GMT
#2539
On May 09 2012 16:38 Womwomwom wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

Dell, like most technological companies, are dysfunctional. Like most tech companies (Sony, Samsung, HP, etc.), their consumer hardware lineups are utter trash. Their corporate and professional, if they have one, lineup are miles better than their consumer hardware. Ultrasharps are their high end corporate hardware.

I've used basically every monitor brand you can think of from the low end like BenQ and Acer to ultra high-end like Eizo and NEC. Ultrasharps are typically very damned good for the price you pay for them with some extremely good warranty support if you get through Dell's phone system. What the Dell U2412M doesn't have is a scaler for 1:1 pixel mapping...which is pretty much the only major flaw it has since it does pretty much everything else better than most 60hz displays.

There's a monitor thread for people who don't mind spending a bit of money on a nice display.


I did see the thread, didn't intend on having a back and forth, but I do appreciate the response. If I was looking for a new main monitor, that seems like a great choice, but I'm extremely happy with my current main monitor and was upgrading the secondary, so I'll probably just grab a cheaper one since I really don't do anything too intense on the second.

Thanks again for the quick response, TL <3
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
taldarimAltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
973 Posts
May 09 2012 08:07 GMT
#2540
Is it possible to use Eyefinity with different sized monitors?
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko36
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1448
firebathero 1055
Shuttle 584
Jaedong 458
BeSt 361
Hyuk 353
Mong 350
Hyun 271
Soma 192
Stork 139
[ Show more ]
PianO 90
Horang2 87
Sexy 83
Larva 75
Shine 65
Mind 63
Rush 61
910 54
Shinee 34
sSak 27
Bale 27
ZerO 26
Hm[arnc] 22
ZergMaN 22
sorry 19
HiyA 17
hero 16
Sharp 16
Noble 15
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe86
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1198
shoxiejesuss834
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King253
Other Games
gofns38367
summit1g6654
singsing927
ceh9624
KnowMe134
Pyrionflax125
Livibee69
DeMusliM48
Trikslyr27
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick447
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1098
• Stunt339
Other Games
• Shiphtur433
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 20m
Patches Events
6h 20m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.