• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:47
CEST 10:47
KST 17:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8377 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 126

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 653 Next
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
May 08 2012 07:32 GMT
#2501
Nope.
apollonl
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands8 Posts
May 08 2012 08:57 GMT
#2502
Currently I have a first generation intel i7 720 QM in my laptop.

I can get the 920XM for 200 euro. Is it worth the upgrade for starcraft 2?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 08 2012 13:18 GMT
#2503
On May 08 2012 16:26 HotCookies wrote:
Will an SSD increase framerate in Starcraft2?


Wom is right, there's not benefit for framerate. It would drastically increase loading times, however in mutliplayer you'd still be stuck waiting for your opponent to load the map; so the benefits for this are even questionable.

SSD are really just now reaching the point where the amount of storage you get is cost effective. I think in another year or two the price point is probably going to fall dramatically, as happens with all technology when it gains widespread acceptace. So, there's no rush to invest in one quite yet, unless you've got some extra cash to spend.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 14:58:27
May 08 2012 14:53 GMT
#2504
On May 08 2012 17:57 apollonl wrote:
Currently I have a first generation intel i7 720 QM in my laptop.

I can get the 920XM for 200 euro. Is it worth the upgrade for starcraft 2?


Probably not. A 720QM should handle it fine. I guess you might see some increase, but 920XM is already a semi old platform, I wouldn't bother. You should still have nice quality with what you have.

Is there any real difference in these monitors? Comparing some cheap IPS screens from Asus, LG, and Dell. From pure specs on Newegg (which isn't always reliable), I don't see why not to choose the Asus. High ratings as well (also not necessarily reliable) although LG has an anti glare screen I think. I would just go with Asus since it's extraordinarily cheaper, unless there is a glaring flaw with that panel.

Note: The only games I play are SC2, LoL a little bit, and will play DiabloIII.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
May 08 2012 17:31 GMT
#2505
Last night I upgraded from Win xp to Win7, and it seemed to me that afterward SC2 was a lot smoother than it was before. Is there any way that the upgrade actually improved my performance? I have an HD 6870, i3 2120, and a SSD if that makes any difference.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
May 08 2012 17:34 GMT
#2506
Any free good software out there to convert MP3 to WMV?
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
May 08 2012 17:50 GMT
#2507
Converting an audio file into a video file?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 17:54:58
May 08 2012 17:52 GMT
#2508
On May 09 2012 02:50 Shikyo wrote:
Converting an audio file into a video file?


No, I mean standard album audio format. Sorry if it isn't wmv. Need to burn some CDs for my old car and I can't remember what I used to use.

EDIT: Think I meant .WAV herp derp.

EDIT2: And this correction has made it much easier to find the software. Never mind :D
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 08 2012 17:57 GMT
#2509
On May 09 2012 02:31 Mordanis wrote:
Last night I upgraded from Win xp to Win7, and it seemed to me that afterward SC2 was a lot smoother than it was before. Is there any way that the upgrade actually improved my performance? I have an HD 6870, i3 2120, and a SSD if that makes any difference.


I suppose it's possible, Windows 7 has a completely rebuilt audio engine and back end services that run much better on modern hardware than XP. Also, if that install was 32bit XP and you have more than 4GB of RAM, you were previously being capped at using 4 due to XP's limitations.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
SpeCtor
Profile Joined August 2010
233 Posts
May 08 2012 19:22 GMT
#2510
Have hard drive prices fallen back to around the prices they were before the huge price increases because of the floods?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 08 2012 19:26 GMT
#2511
No.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
May 08 2012 19:51 GMT
#2512
So I assume there's no reason not to go for the Asus? Haven't seen anything saying I shouldn't, and I think shauni maybe recommended it in another thread.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 08 2012 20:06 GMT
#2513
Dell warranty and stand miles ahead of ASUS? No DP port?
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
May 08 2012 20:25 GMT
#2514
Warranty as in length, or just overall support? I was aware of the stand, but I can't imagine needing it for much unless it flat out can't support itself. And is display port necessary if the only him I will ever use it for is connecting to my laptop that ill be getting in the summer? Should be able to use HDMI for that correct? Otherwise, what are the advantages of display port?
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
May 08 2012 20:37 GMT
#2515
Warranty as in overall support: speed of transactions, what they will accept replacements over, and so on. DisplayPort is not really an advantage for this situation.

There are clearly some tradeoffs here, so I'll leave it at that. Do what you want to do.
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
May 08 2012 22:13 GMT
#2516
Hey everyone,

So here is what I'm trying to do :

I got 2 Words documents, with different page setup, margins. Both have headers and footers on their own.
I want to combine both of them into a single file (the format doesn't matter, can be DOCX, or even PDF) but I need to keep the page setup of each of them!

Anyway to do it with Microsoft Word?

thank you
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
May 08 2012 22:25 GMT
#2517
Wanted to upgrade my pc, these are my battlenet specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800
CPU SPEED:
2.52 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
2 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
1010 MB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
SECONDARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
1280x1024
HARD DISK SIZE:
204.65 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
129.62 GB (63%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.44 MB/s (12.1 mbps)

Local ICT guy advised me to buy this 2 GB DDR2-667 Kit (working memory in english I guess?) and this graphics card:
HD7770 Double Dissipation BLACK (FX-777A-ZDB4).

Is this good advise?
We know nothing.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
May 08 2012 23:43 GMT
#2518
If you want to run the game smoothly, you'll need a brand new computer since 8500GT is shit and Athlon 64 is ancient.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 08 2012 23:53 GMT
#2519
On May 09 2012 07:13 XenOmega wrote:
Hey everyone,

So here is what I'm trying to do :

I got 2 Words documents, with different page setup, margins. Both have headers and footers on their own.
I want to combine both of them into a single file (the format doesn't matter, can be DOCX, or even PDF) but I need to keep the page setup of each of them!

Anyway to do it with Microsoft Word?

thank you


You can do this with section breaks, but it can get a bit tricky depending on what formatting needs to be different.

Go to Page Layout tab, and find the "breaks" drop down menu. You probably want to use "Section Break Next Page". The next page (the one after the page you are currently looking at) will be in a different section. To set different margins, just set them to be whatever you want on each section. For headers, in the second section you have to un-click "Link to Previous", or it will still use the same header.

If you want to number the pages sequentially, you will need to add numbers to the first section; then do so again for the second section but make sure you check "Continue From Previous Section" or it will start all over from 1.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 00:01:40
May 09 2012 00:01 GMT
#2520
The 7770 (or a 6770 would be better performance to cost ratio) upgrade would be ok, as you can use it later in a newer rig. Buying ddr2 is throwing money into a hole, as no decent processors use ddr2 (incompatible with newer processors). Your processor is ancient though, and upgrading that will basically require a new system. Performance gains without a new processor will make little difference in sc2.

Keep in mind 6770 has a higher power draw than 8500gt, you may need a new psu if you get crashing under load.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1187
GuemChi 637
Hyun 543
firebathero 373
BeSt 321
Leta 292
Soma 191
Mong 155
Shine 97
PianO 65
[ Show more ]
sSak 48
910 48
Hyuk 46
yabsab 30
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Hm[arnc] 22
ZergMaN 21
Shinee 18
Noble 14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss835
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King399
Other Games
summit1g8476
olofmeister1105
ceh9641
gofns639
JimRising 504
KnowMe121
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick457
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos626
• Stunt433
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 14m
Patches Events
7h 14m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.