• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:47
CEST 01:47
KST 08:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9221 users

[EP1] Starcraft 2 Battle Report #1 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 19 2008 20:02 GMT
#81
This video is *way* more recent than the Protoss gameplay demo tho.. I thought it looked alright, although I liked the blue-glow hehe.

And I agree with Raithed, I also thought the commentary was fine.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Gregsen
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Germany667 Posts
December 19 2008 20:15 GMT
#82
Man I'm absolutly unhappy with those Marauders. They look like those Nightelf Druids from WC3 and seem totally unfitting to Terrans...
Boycott Activision whenever, wherever you can.
SirNeb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States243 Posts
December 19 2008 20:21 GMT
#83
On December 20 2008 05:15 Gregsen wrote:
Man I'm absolutly unhappy with those Marauders. They look like those Nightelf Druids from WC3 and seem totally unfitting to Terrans...


just out of place. They look cool but I don't like how they shoot these fireballs.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
December 19 2008 20:21 GMT
#84
I was expecting marauders to be smaller

Also, what happened to marauders wall climbing and stalker blink ?
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 19 2008 20:23 GMT
#85
Marauders never climbed walls (that's reapers) and stalkers still have blink as far as I know (the video is older than blizzcon), he just never used it/researched it.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
December 19 2008 20:31 GMT
#86
On December 20 2008 05:23 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Marauders never climbed walls (that's reapers) and stalkers still have blink as far as I know (the video is older than blizzcon), he just never used it/researched it.


Lol what a n00b, no wonder he lost, he didnt use a major upgrade from one of his most used units.
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 19 2008 20:44 GMT
#87
Btw, the game wasn't staged =] They basically just picked a game that showcased the things they wanted.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Eury
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden1126 Posts
December 19 2008 20:45 GMT
#88
Keep in mind that this Battle Report probably wasn't target for the hardcore TL crowd that are used with better players and commentating.

Their target audience is probably a much broader, more casual audience and based on the reaction from other more general gaming sites/blogs/forums this video was a tremendous success.
People really enjoyed it, especially the commentating. Only real complain I saw was about the release date.

Personally I don't think the terran player was that bad, that Marauders micro against the Zealots was pretty neat.
If I recall David Kim was a pretty decent Starcraft player before joining Relic and is now currently on the SC 2 balance team.


Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
December 19 2008 20:53 GMT
#89
On December 20 2008 05:45 Eury wrote:
Keep in mind that this Battle Report probably wasn't target for the hardcore TL crowd that are used with better players and commentating.

Their target audience is probably a much broader, more casual audience and based on the reaction from other more general gaming sites/blogs/forums this video was a tremendous success.
People really enjoyed it, especially the commentating. Only real complain I saw was about the release date.

Personally I don't think the terran player was that bad, that Marauders micro against the Zealots was pretty neat.
If I recall David Kim was a pretty decent Starcraft player before joining Relic and is now currently on the SC 2 balance team.




i believe he used to play wtih xellos back in the day.
Happiness only real when shared.
Loverman
Profile Joined September 2007
Romania266 Posts
December 19 2008 20:55 GMT
#90
Definetly awesome. I personally enjoyed it and can't wait to get my hands on the game .


As a general observation about the Collossus, I think it's actually a high-er tier unit than the reaver (Maybe like in between reaver/carrier). The thing is I don't really see it as getting Collossus purely for harass or as a support force for a small army. I think they're role fits better in 100+ food armies were they're range and shields are upgraded and they're both allowed to dish out more damage as well as adding more maneuvrability to an attack or while defending a position.
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-19 21:02:41
December 19 2008 20:55 GMT
#91
its ok I guess, nowhere near as dynamic as sc. units clump up together, a dozen units doesn't look like a dozen (so individual selection on the fly's borked), the rock barricade's a lame wc3 carryover, and the group movement for ground units looks oily, like a slithering snake while the air units are rigid and awkward.

not gonna comment on how well they played, they're devs so naturally they're not gonna be high level

it's fine for other games, but for starcraft this still has waaays to go
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
hiroxx
Profile Joined July 2008
Ireland115 Posts
December 19 2008 21:01 GMT
#92
wc3 carryover? none of the ladder maps for wc3 had rock barricades, and its pretty much a power generator or some other generic brood war campaign neutral building so im not sure why you're complaining about it.

As for commentary - it just sounds like a big advertisement and they seem to be unnecessarily enthusiastic at points for no reason (again - its like a big advert)
when yoü aim for Perfection yoü discover it's a Moving target.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-19 21:08:18
December 19 2008 21:04 GMT
#93
On December 20 2008 05:55 .risingdragoon wrote:
its ok I guess, nowhere near as dynamic as sc. units clump up together, a dozen units doesn't look like a dozen, the rock barricade's a lame wc3 carryover, and the group movements for ground units look oily, like a slithering snake while the air units are rigid and awkward.

not gonna comment on how well they played, they're devs so naturally they're not gonna be high level

it's fine for other games, but for starcraft this still has waaays to go

I hate you.
[image loading]


Anyway, I know I'm repeating myself but I don't get how people complain about the casting, they have > 0 < dead time, I think they are pretty professional. I'd like if they talked more about things in the game (ie how a typical TvP goes inhouse, how things have changed.. etc) rather than what's happening but overall I think they did a great job.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Eury
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden1126 Posts
December 19 2008 21:04 GMT
#94
How is the rock barricade a lame Warcraft 3 carry over?
Korean map makers use the same mechanic for their maps in Starcraft by placing 10 neutral temple on top of each other.

What I would like to see improved upon at the most is probably the death animations and sounds for the units. Blizzard have always been good at that no matter what game it is so I expect it will have changed for the better when the beta starts.

NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-19 21:05:23
December 19 2008 21:04 GMT
#95
nice game! looks awesome. I want to play.. now T_T
Also its easy to observe. You can totally see whats going on etc. At least for me o.,o
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Eury
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden1126 Posts
December 19 2008 21:11 GMT
#96
On December 20 2008 06:04 G.s)NarutO wrote:
nice game! looks awesome. I want to play.. now T_T
Also its easy to observe. You can totally see whats going on etc. At least for me o.,o


It can still get improved upon though. Like improving some of the animations and last time I watched zerg the zerg units kinda blend in into the creep. Hopefully Blizzard can sort that out with some constructive feedback from the fans.
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-19 23:55:53
December 19 2008 21:15 GMT
#97
On December 20 2008 06:04 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2008 05:55 .risingdragoon wrote:
its ok I guess, nowhere near as dynamic as sc. units clump up together, a dozen units doesn't look like a dozen, the rock barricade's a lame wc3 carryover, and the group movements for ground units look oily, like a slithering snake while the air units are rigid and awkward.

not gonna comment on how well they played, they're devs so naturally they're not gonna be high level

it's fine for other games, but for starcraft this still has waaays to go

I hate you.
[image loading]


Yeah, it's one of the gimmickier aspect of mapping. Even so, those barricades in ur pic are well-designed. The rocks in the video are the same ones from wc3 singleplayer, ones you hit a few times and they crumble to dust.

And what about the other points? They're valid concerns, cus I can care less if only sc wasn't so so good. A step backwards would just be too sad.
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 19 2008 21:21 GMT
#98
we Need more nasty blood animation for Zerg.

they were not, and will never be clean. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!adfad
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 19 2008 21:24 GMT
#99
I also wonder, how big and how are the Xel'Naga towers going to play in the actual multiplayer scene, I think it's a great addon for the game, and can open up a lot of possibilities for mapmakers to come up with new ways to use them :o.

Also the game looks so sharp, and so bright, it's awesome., I really like what they are doing, but I wish they'd stop saying "Alpha" and bring the beta .

Oh well, it's looking good so far I guess.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
SlickR12345
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Macedonia408 Posts
December 19 2008 21:27 GMT
#100
This was good video.
The only problem i have is how powerful marauders are. They completly raped stalkers, were even decent against zealots and totally raped colossus as well + they have the slowing down passive ability.

Though the level of play was not high at all, protoss player didn't really play well, poor strategy, poor tactics, poor scouting, poor attacks and he didn't use any of the protoss abilities.
But this video was probably meant for the more casual audience and judging by the responces its a success.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft177
ViBE143
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 819
Shuttle 576
Artosis 571
910 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox261
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5435
Other Games
summit1g7936
shahzam597
JimRising 503
C9.Mang0260
ArmadaUGS88
Maynarde72
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen166
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13m
PiGStarcraft177
Kung Fu Cup
11h 13m
Stellar Fest
13h 13m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.