• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:44
CEST 17:44
KST 00:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9345 users

[EP1] Starcraft 2 Battle Report #1 - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 All
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
January 24 2009 06:56 GMT
#421
I would almost guarentee that if Terran or Zerg had been given the warp in mechanic, people wouldn't complain about 'imbalance' or 'overpoweredness' of it.

I think a lot of people are still stuck in a SC:BW mindset when it comes to talking about SC2. I think most will acknowledge that protoss is generally the strongest/easiest race when played at the general low level (compared to even the korean amateur scene) that most foreigners play at. So when something is announced for protoss, people seem to think 'oh, more protoss imba, just like in SC:BW'.

Of course they're on crack, because very few have even played the game yet, and even those who have can only give general, vague comments since whatever they played will be vastly outdated by now.
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
January 24 2009 08:25 GMT
#422
God I want to play SC2... anyone with me?
axion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Norway110 Posts
January 24 2009 10:11 GMT
#423
omfg, I thought they had released a new one, when i saw this post in Top 5.

inReacH: I can't wait!!!
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-24 12:35:04
January 24 2009 12:16 GMT
#424
On January 09 2009 16:13 wanderer wrote:
http://commandandconquer.com/portal/site/tiberium/article/detail?contentId=04ba3d9fff74e110VgnVCM100000100d2c0aRCRD

this is just like the C&C3 battlecast series.

( btw check out on commandandconquer.com how the #1 player in 1v1 has the starcraft box art as his avatar \m/ )


this is funny i am watching it

edit:
i finished it..
WHAT a fucked up game is this.
And all is illuminated.
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
January 24 2009 18:14 GMT
#425
On January 24 2009 21:16 freelander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2009 16:13 wanderer wrote:
http://commandandconquer.com/portal/site/tiberium/article/detail?contentId=04ba3d9fff74e110VgnVCM100000100d2c0aRCRD

this is just like the C&C3 battlecast series.

( btw check out on commandandconquer.com how the #1 player in 1v1 has the starcraft box art as his avatar \m/ )


this is funny i am watching it

edit:
i finished it..
WHAT a fucked up game is this.

Yeah I watched it too ... are all C&C games 5 minutes long..?
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Sonu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada577 Posts
January 24 2009 21:01 GMT
#426
On December 19 2008 17:35 ArC_man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2008 17:29 milly9 wrote:
i really hate the style of commentating in this. they're like auctioneers. and they dont say anything interesting

Well, they are trying to sell the game to people who never played SC before while also trying to show us the game has enough depth to reach a level similar to SC. Listening to Dustin's commentary at Blizzcon, I felt as if he took every opportunity to point out to us "Hey, micro still exists, look! This is like regular Starcraft!".


So true

Some people were getting the feeling that because Dustin Browder came from EA, he was going to ruin SC2. So i guess he was trying to show us that he knows wat sc is..

I dont mind the commentary. fun to listen to. he good at commentating battles between units, but u cant compare him to peeople like Artosis, Tasteless, Klazart, Cholera.. u know the guys.

"I really like this wall-in, because its not a fucking wall" - DAy[9]
AdunToridas
Profile Joined December 2008
Germany380 Posts
January 26 2009 15:02 GMT
#427
Don't know if it has been said before, but I kinda know what the next BattleReport will be about. If you've looked at the second part of the gameplay-trailer which was shown at BlizzCON '08 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41337.html), you can see that it is actually a slice of BattleReport #1.

Now if you look at the first part of the BlizzCON-video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41334.html) you can predict what happens in one of the next videos...
« People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger that my best friend was born in a manger? »
rkarhu
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Finland570 Posts
January 26 2009 15:25 GMT
#428
Man stop bumping this thread, you are getting my hopes up every time when I skim through the topics.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
January 26 2009 19:08 GMT
#429
Actually the next BattleReport is supposed to be showcasing the new macro mechanics they talked about in Q&A 48.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
RaptorX
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Germany646 Posts
January 27 2009 15:22 GMT
#430
I was not too excited about SC2 but I must admit it looks good Even though I think that sometimes there are too many colors at the same time [specially in battles] which makes it little bit confusing.

And IMO buildings are too big for that map... I like the fact that in SC:BW you need to build 8-10 Gates or Factories to keep up your unit production, at least in this map it looked totally impossible to build more than 5 gates for toss and 3 barracks and 2 factories looked pretty crampy on terran side...

but on top of everything we need to keep in mind that is still an ongoing work and in general I would say I look forward to SC2 :D
I won
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
January 27 2009 15:28 GMT
#431
On January 24 2009 17:25 inReacH wrote:
God I want to play SC2... anyone with me?


Actually, I'm far more hyped for DoW II than SC II right now and if this two games would be released simultaneousely I'd definitely go for DoW.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
InRaged
Profile Joined February 2007
1047 Posts
January 27 2009 16:15 GMT
#432
On January 28 2009 00:28 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2009 17:25 inReacH wrote:
God I want to play SC2... anyone with me?


Actually, I'm far more hyped for DoW II than SC II right now and if this two games would be released simultaneousely I'd definitely go for DoW.

You haven't played DoW II yet.

After playing a bit, I wouldn't buy it even if there wasn't SCII. It's like WCIII for dummies in sci-fi setting :3 Disappointing to be honest.
Single player could be interesting though.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
January 27 2009 19:16 GMT
#433
On January 28 2009 01:15 InRaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2009 00:28 Manit0u wrote:
On January 24 2009 17:25 inReacH wrote:
God I want to play SC2... anyone with me?


Actually, I'm far more hyped for DoW II than SC II right now and if this two games would be released simultaneousely I'd definitely go for DoW.

You haven't played DoW II yet.

After playing a bit, I wouldn't buy it even if there wasn't SCII. It's like WCIII for dummies in sci-fi setting :3 Disappointing to be honest.
Single player could be interesting though.


I've been playing WH40K tabletop for quite some time, I loved the DoW series (up until SoulStorm which sucked) and I loved WC3.
There is no way I couldn't be hyped for it, will see how it works tomorrow.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
January 27 2009 19:36 GMT
#434
Actually:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/15660/
5 hours You could play through the night!
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-27 21:06:52
January 27 2009 21:06 GMT
#435
On January 28 2009 04:36 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Actually:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/15660/
5 hours You could play through the night!


3 more hours, which means 1am for me = tomorrow.
And I have no idea how long the download/install will take.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 20 21 22 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 459
SteadfastSC414
Rex116
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech132
Rex 116
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42527
Jaedong 1325
Hyuk 1121
Mini 631
Soma 611
Horang2 565
EffOrt 506
BeSt 469
Larva 393
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 290
Last 226
Stork 224
Snow 210
ggaemo 209
Rush 192
hero 76
Mind 74
Liquid`Ret 46
Sharp 39
Killer 36
Shinee 35
Free 32
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 25
Terrorterran 24
sorry 20
Trap 18
HiyA 16
Rock 15
yabsab 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2463
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE84
Mew2King78
Trikslyr27
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2671
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade757
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 16m
OSC
21h 16m
Stellar Fest
21h 16m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.