• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:24
CEST 14:24
KST 21:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8761 users

Jan 2nd Balance Test Map - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
757 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 38 Next All
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
January 03 2014 20:23 GMT
#481
On January 04 2014 05:12 cptjibberjabber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:41 Bagi wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:37 cptjibberjabber wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:33 Bagi wrote:
Easiest fix to the tank would be to make them deal full damage to shields like in BW. Only units this really affects are zealots and archons. Zealots would be kinda worse but archons a lot more. This should force protoss players outplay the mech player instead of "I'll just mass immortal archon and a-move over him".


ghosts? have you tried using them?

Yeah ghosts are really cheap and come with infinite EMPs to counter archons, thats why we see korean terrans build them so much in the current meta. Oh shit its even worse with mech when every tank costs 125 gas.

A suggestion to build ghosts on top of everything else is basically saying "play like avilo and turtle for 30mins before you attack". I'd rather have a form of mech that can attack in the midgame, not just turtle into an ultimate comp of ghosts tanks ravens and whatever bullshit you can think of.


Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:42 vthree wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:37 cptjibberjabber wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:33 Bagi wrote:
Easiest fix to the tank would be to make them deal full damage to shields like in BW. Only units this really affects are zealots and archons. Zealots would be kinda worse but archons a lot more. This should force protoss players outplay the mech player instead of "I'll just mass immortal archon and a-move over him".


ghosts? have you tried using them?


Do ghost come out of your ass with 0 minerals amd 0 gas?


no, ghosts aren't free. But think about your composition: your main tanker and close-range dmg dealer is hellbats, which cost only minerals. Your main support unit is the tank. On top of that you have medivacs to heal your hellbats. That composition can take on collosi without vikings, can take on storms without giving a shit and generally beat all gateway units to heaven without caring. If you really need ghosts quickly then you can even delay your medivacs to do so.

Also, immortals and archons aren't free either. They require even more gas (250 per immortal and 300 per archon) than you need. On top of that you don't need more than 4-5 ghosts to be able to blanket EMP everything. I don't see why you can't beat immortal/archon without being cost-efficient. blue flame hellbats deal with quick zealot/archon reinforcements aswell.

Be honest now, you've never played a TvP with mech once in your life, did you? Also, you have't seen any high level pro games like this either, have you?
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 20:31:09
January 03 2014 20:27 GMT
#482
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.

A meching Terran is not like bio and can go dual armory (like ebay) and expect to survive any early push. One can only sustain two armories if they are only producing out of one factory - in which case it is extremely risky PvT. Therefore, any meching Terran will always be behind in upgrades.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
January 03 2014 20:29 GMT
#483
On January 04 2014 05:12 cptjibberjabber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:41 Bagi wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:37 cptjibberjabber wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:33 Bagi wrote:
Easiest fix to the tank would be to make them deal full damage to shields like in BW. Only units this really affects are zealots and archons. Zealots would be kinda worse but archons a lot more. This should force protoss players outplay the mech player instead of "I'll just mass immortal archon and a-move over him".


ghosts? have you tried using them?

Yeah ghosts are really cheap and come with infinite EMPs to counter archons, thats why we see korean terrans build them so much in the current meta. Oh shit its even worse with mech when every tank costs 125 gas.

A suggestion to build ghosts on top of everything else is basically saying "play like avilo and turtle for 30mins before you attack". I'd rather have a form of mech that can attack in the midgame, not just turtle into an ultimate comp of ghosts tanks ravens and whatever bullshit you can think of.


Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:42 vthree wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:37 cptjibberjabber wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:33 Bagi wrote:
Easiest fix to the tank would be to make them deal full damage to shields like in BW. Only units this really affects are zealots and archons. Zealots would be kinda worse but archons a lot more. This should force protoss players outplay the mech player instead of "I'll just mass immortal archon and a-move over him".


ghosts? have you tried using them?


Do ghost come out of your ass with 0 minerals amd 0 gas?


no, ghosts aren't free. But think about your composition: your main tanker and close-range dmg dealer is hellbats, which cost only minerals. Your main support unit is the tank. On top of that you have medivacs to heal your hellbats. That composition can take on collosi without vikings, can take on storms without giving a shit and generally beat all gateway units to heaven without caring. If you really need ghosts quickly then you can even delay your medivacs to do so.

Also, immortals and archons aren't free either. They require even more gas (250 per immortal and 300 per archon) than you need. On top of that you don't need more than 4-5 ghosts to be able to blanket EMP everything. I don't see why you can't beat immortal/archon without being cost-efficient. blue flame hellbats deal with quick zealot/archon reinforcements aswell.


No, that composition cannot take on Colossi without Vikings currently. The Protoss can come in with many colossi from angles at which only few tanks shoot, pick them off and retreat and heal his shields. Currently with Mech you still need Vikings (or banshees) to combat colossi. If you do, Colossi are one of the least scary units to face, but you still have to invest into that kind of stuff.
And those compositions absolutly cannot take on storms without giving a shit. 1-2 storms and all your hellbats get countered by zealots, not to mention the extra damage archon do. 1 storm into sieged tanks (which isn't that hard to get off, since tanks will focus everything else first) and all you need is a single immortal shot per tank to clean them up.

Immortals also don't cost 250gas, they cost 100 gas. And yes, you need more than 4-5 ghosts to blanket EMP everything, not to mention that a good Protoss will still pick off your ghosts with Feedbacks and Colossi, just like they do with ghosts when they play against bio.

And all of that is assuming that you can freely mass units against a groundbased Protoss, which is not the only possibility a Protoss has to deal with Mech.
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 20:34:41
January 03 2014 20:34 GMT
#484
Like any fight ever takes 40 seconds.
The heart's eternal vow
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
January 03 2014 20:34 GMT
#485
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.
CrayonSc2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States267 Posts
January 03 2014 20:34 GMT
#486
On January 04 2014 04:35 Ravomat wrote:
I don't understand how some of you think that Photon Overcharge is still ok at 125 energy. Have you guys forgotten why this spell was introduced? Do you realize how long it takes to accumulate that amount of energy and what can happen in that timeframe?

A 125 energy photon overcharge comes too late for any kind of gateway attack, too late for a non-proxy oracle, proxy voidrays, too late for marine+widow mine pushes, and too late for speedling all ins. If this nerf was to happen, you might as well go back to sentry defenses and remove the spell entirely, because it wouldn't fulfill its purpose anymore. I'm glad none of you get to decide anything.

You need to remember that the MSC is just a band aid for the mess that is Protoss. I'm surprised no one yet suggested feeding the nexus cannon with chronoboost to even start to work. Maybe then some Protoss players would reach the APM threshold to not be insulted for their relatively low APM anymore.


You just posted all the reason why it needs to be changed. We have no timings or all ins to hit with the current overcharge. Delaying it by 25 energy will make you guys not go double tech and actually scout for the timings and all ins.
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
January 03 2014 20:41 GMT
#487
On January 04 2014 05:34 PVJ wrote:
Like any fight ever takes 40 seconds.


Like that's actually what PO is most useful for lol
POs main strength is to delay pushes
SooYoung-Noona!
Kevin_Sorbo
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3217 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 21:11:31
January 03 2014 21:01 GMT
#488
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )
The mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work unless its open. - Zappa
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 21:22:17
January 03 2014 21:20 GMT
#489
Wrong thread, sorry.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 03 2014 21:25 GMT
#490
On January 04 2014 06:01 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )

It's is pretty dumb. Who cares about upgrades and what is fee or not free? I mean, Zerg has the most reason to bitch if we want to talk about split upgrades. But who cares?

At the end of the day, blizzard is going to keep doing little, non-game destroying buffs to mech until it's viable.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Ravomat
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany422 Posts
January 03 2014 21:35 GMT
#491
On January 04 2014 05:34 CrayonSc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:35 Ravomat wrote:
I don't understand how some of you think that Photon Overcharge is still ok at 125 energy. Have you guys forgotten why this spell was introduced? Do you realize how long it takes to accumulate that amount of energy and what can happen in that timeframe?

A 125 energy photon overcharge comes too late for any kind of gateway attack, too late for a non-proxy oracle, proxy voidrays, too late for marine+widow mine pushes, and too late for speedling all ins. If this nerf was to happen, you might as well go back to sentry defenses and remove the spell entirely, because it wouldn't fulfill its purpose anymore. I'm glad none of you get to decide anything.

You need to remember that the MSC is just a band aid for the mess that is Protoss. I'm surprised no one yet suggested feeding the nexus cannon with chronoboost to even start to work. Maybe then some Protoss players would reach the APM threshold to not be insulted for their relatively low APM anymore.


You just posted all the reason why it needs to be changed. We have no timings or all ins to hit with the current overcharge. Delaying it by 25 energy will make you guys not go double tech and actually scout for the timings and all ins.


This would utterly neuter the spell. What would you think about the usefulness of a spell that is supposed to help defend early aggression but doesn't? Is an energy cost increase all you can come up with?

Also I'm pretty sure you can punish a Protoss that is teching too heavily, just ask Select.
Paragleiber
Profile Joined June 2009
413 Posts
January 03 2014 21:37 GMT
#492
I don't understand how building the energy upgrade into the Ghost for easier EMP access would be a buff to mech in particular. If anything it sounds to me like it would help bio because storm is easier to deal with.
http://www.twitter.com/Paragleiber
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 21:45:43
January 03 2014 21:42 GMT
#493
On January 04 2014 06:01 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )


Cost that goes into reaching 3-3 air for toss (ignoring shields) is 1650/1400. Cost for Terran to now reach 3-3 air, 150/100. Apparently we're including the cost of armory and cyber for some reason. And you can't use the argument that it's not free because you have to upgrade your ground army, when toss still has to upgrade their army just as well. "Bias" and math must not be synonymous.

I don't make colossi vs mech. And, even if I did, to research thermal lance, alone, it would cost more than it would for terran to reach 3-3 air. I don't think anyone needs to explain to you that, that's a joke. It's reality, but it's a joke.

When you add in that it's impossible to never be out-upgraded (until finally reaching 3-3), air vs air against terran, then it becomes clear the dilemma with making the tank strong enough that toss has to find a way to win via the air.

Since no one is handing me 1650/1400 at the start of games, I'll stick to making predominately 3 units (archon, immortal, zealot) and playing the boringest and lamest games of all time. Unless people find that fun, eventually they will need to revert/change the free air upgrades for terran. That is if they actually buff the tank to a respectable level.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 21:50:04
January 03 2014 21:48 GMT
#494
On January 04 2014 06:42 playa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 06:01 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )


Cost that goes into reaching 3-3 air for toss (ignoring shields). 1650/1400. Cost for Terran to now reach 3-3 air, 150/100. Apparently we're including the cost of armory and cyber for some reason. And you can't use the argument that it's not free because you have to upgrade your ground army, when toss still has to upgrade their army just as well. "Bias" and math must not be synonymous.

I don't make colossi vs mech. And, even if I did, to research thermal lance, alone, it would cost more than it would for terran to reach 3-3 air. I don't think anyone needs to explain to you that, that's a joke. It's reality, but it's a joke.

When you add in that it's impossible to never be out-upgraded (until finally reaching 3-3), air vs air against terran, then it becomes clear the dilemma with making the tank strong enough that toss has to find a way to win via the air.

Since no one is handing me 1650/1400 at the start of games, I'll stick to making predominately 3 units (archon, immortal, zealot) and playing the boringest and lamest games of all time. Unless people find that fun, eventually they will need to revert/change the free air upgrades for terran.


Are you for real this biased ?
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as terran : 2100/2100
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as protoss : 2100/2100
I don't count building.

You are really getting ridiculous and look more and more like a total idiot.
Anyway I don't know why I even try to argue with you, because saying skyterran > skyprotoss is already being totally out of knowledge of the game.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
January 03 2014 21:49 GMT
#495
On January 04 2014 06:48 Faust852 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 06:42 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 06:01 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )


Cost that goes into reaching 3-3 air for toss (ignoring shields). 1650/1400. Cost for Terran to now reach 3-3 air, 150/100. Apparently we're including the cost of armory and cyber for some reason. And you can't use the argument that it's not free because you have to upgrade your ground army, when toss still has to upgrade their army just as well. "Bias" and math must not be synonymous.

I don't make colossi vs mech. And, even if I did, to research thermal lance, alone, it would cost more than it would for terran to reach 3-3 air. I don't think anyone needs to explain to you that, that's a joke. It's reality, but it's a joke.

When you add in that it's impossible to never be out-upgraded (until finally reaching 3-3), air vs air against terran, then it becomes clear the dilemma with making the tank strong enough that toss has to find a way to win via the air.

Since no one is handing me 1650/1400 at the start of games, I'll stick to making predominately 3 units (archon, immortal, zealot) and playing the boringest and lamest games of all time. Unless people find that fun, eventually they will need to revert/change the free air upgrades for terran.


Are you for real this biased ?
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as terran : 2100/2100
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as protoss : 2100/2100
I don't count building.

You are really getting ridiculous and look more and more like a total idiot.

His complaint is that he cannot build 3-3 carriers without actually using cybernetics core for anything but warp gates.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
January 03 2014 22:14 GMT
#496
On January 04 2014 06:49 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 06:48 Faust852 wrote:
On January 04 2014 06:42 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 06:01 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )


Cost that goes into reaching 3-3 air for toss (ignoring shields). 1650/1400. Cost for Terran to now reach 3-3 air, 150/100. Apparently we're including the cost of armory and cyber for some reason. And you can't use the argument that it's not free because you have to upgrade your ground army, when toss still has to upgrade their army just as well. "Bias" and math must not be synonymous.

I don't make colossi vs mech. And, even if I did, to research thermal lance, alone, it would cost more than it would for terran to reach 3-3 air. I don't think anyone needs to explain to you that, that's a joke. It's reality, but it's a joke.

When you add in that it's impossible to never be out-upgraded (until finally reaching 3-3), air vs air against terran, then it becomes clear the dilemma with making the tank strong enough that toss has to find a way to win via the air.

Since no one is handing me 1650/1400 at the start of games, I'll stick to making predominately 3 units (archon, immortal, zealot) and playing the boringest and lamest games of all time. Unless people find that fun, eventually they will need to revert/change the free air upgrades for terran.


Are you for real this biased ?
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as terran : 2100/2100
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as protoss : 2100/2100
I don't count building.

You are really getting ridiculous and look more and more like a total idiot.

His complaint is that he cannot build 3-3 carriers without actually using cybernetics core for anything but warp gates.


This is fucking astounding. The terran player that is trying to lecture pros, apparently, on p vs p, doesn't even know the costs of upgrades for mech? Your upgrades were combined. Wtf are you talking about? The price wasn't reflected in this merging of upgrades. They gave you air upgrades for free. It's no where near 2100/2100 to have fully upgraded mech. And where are you getting 2100/2100 for 3/3 air for toss?

This is why explaining things to people like this is a waste of time.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
January 03 2014 22:17 GMT
#497
On January 04 2014 07:14 playa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 06:49 lolfail9001 wrote:
On January 04 2014 06:48 Faust852 wrote:
On January 04 2014 06:42 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 06:01 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:34 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 05:27 SirPinky wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:41 playa wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:20 ZenithM wrote:
I would be very careful with buffing the tank. It's an interesting unit when used by the top players, but a very boring one when used by less than top players (even top foreigners). Ideally I would like the unit to have only a big offensive buff but not a big defensive one, but that's probably not easy to do.

Haha, what about this: buff the damage, but nerf to the ground the attack rate (to something ridiculous like 10-20 seconds) in sieged mode, but you can get it to insta reload if you unsiege-resiege (and tweak the unsiege-siege time accordingly). Would favor fast players who take care of their units, while making huge turtling strats with multiple defensive tanks everywhere quite skill-requiring.
It's really gimmicky though, but I find it more fun than what the siege tank is right now (he is useless, mostly ;D).
Also: With big enough damage, with this you could see crazy shit like tank drop harass, or repositionning his tanks with medivacs to push faster.

In the end, if it's just to mindlessly buff whatever damage on the tank, I'm not really up for it.


I think mech does make for a horrible viewing experience (and playing). Do they really want to be reminded how much better BW was, every time someone sees a mech game? That's one thing sc 2 def doesn't having going for it. But, also, there's a problem when you think about how strong the tank was in BW. Once they reached a critical mass of tanks, you needed carriers or amazing arbiter control. After giving terran free air upgrades... if you make tanks strong, then there wouldn't really be anything toss could do. Atm, imo, you have to mainly just try to beat them on the ground, as is. It's too hard to compete with free upgrades, when you put yourself in a position to need to upgrade air, to the same extent, yourself.

Thus, I'd be all for a stronger tank (I was a big fan of them in BW). I wouldn't mind seeing them strike some amount of fear in me. But, that would call for cheaper air upgrades, at the least -- not freebies. Right now, it's a compositional snooze fest. See how many archons and immortals you can make and sprinkle in some zealots. It's really lame and looks a bit silly.


I completely lost you when you said, "after giving Terran free air upgrades." Surely, you can't think they are free. Any meching Terran is always at an upgrade handicap when it comes to upgrades and time. You seem to miss the point it takes 150/100 for an armory and 150/100 for a factory, plus the opportunity cost it takes to build those structures prior to even having the ability to start your upgrades. So to recap, the meching Terran is 300/200 down in resources before he/she can EVEN start an upgrade and you consider this free? Now lets see what it takes for Protoss to start upgrades...150 minerals and chrono to their hearts content. Hopefully I don't have to spell out how misleading your "free upgrades statement" is.


Your air upgrades are most definitely free. If I want to go above 1-1... I have to make a structure that costs 300/200 just to gain that ability. In a natural game, by the time you are trying to switch to air... terran is already 2-2. They're making it impossible to buff the tank much with silliness like this.


I could go on a biased limb and say that colossi upgrades are free too.
( but i know its retarded so its ok thx )


Cost that goes into reaching 3-3 air for toss (ignoring shields). 1650/1400. Cost for Terran to now reach 3-3 air, 150/100. Apparently we're including the cost of armory and cyber for some reason. And you can't use the argument that it's not free because you have to upgrade your ground army, when toss still has to upgrade their army just as well. "Bias" and math must not be synonymous.

I don't make colossi vs mech. And, even if I did, to research thermal lance, alone, it would cost more than it would for terran to reach 3-3 air. I don't think anyone needs to explain to you that, that's a joke. It's reality, but it's a joke.

When you add in that it's impossible to never be out-upgraded (until finally reaching 3-3), air vs air against terran, then it becomes clear the dilemma with making the tank strong enough that toss has to find a way to win via the air.

Since no one is handing me 1650/1400 at the start of games, I'll stick to making predominately 3 units (archon, immortal, zealot) and playing the boringest and lamest games of all time. Unless people find that fun, eventually they will need to revert/change the free air upgrades for terran.


Are you for real this biased ?
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as terran : 2100/2100
Sum of upgrades for 3/3 as protoss : 2100/2100
I don't count building.

You are really getting ridiculous and look more and more like a total idiot.

His complaint is that he cannot build 3-3 carriers without actually using cybernetics core for anything but warp gates.


This is fucking astounding. The terran player that is trying to lecture pros, apparently, on p vs p, doesn't even know the costs of upgrades for mech? Your upgrades were combined. Wtf are you talking about? The price wasn't reflected in this merging of upgrades. They gave you air upgrades for free. It's no where near 2100/2100 to have fully upgraded mech. And where are you getting 2100/2100 for 3/3 air for toss?

This is why explaining things to people like this is a waste of time.

Wtf are you talking about? Mech upgrades that are combined in theory but never come into play in actual pro level games?

Trying to reason with people as biased as you, thats the waste of time.
SpeedyBozar
Profile Joined February 2013
England56 Posts
January 03 2014 22:19 GMT
#498
Ok, I am going to talk only about Zerg matchups. Photon overcharge won't change almost anything so I don't care.It's not like it will suddenly save me from this ridiculous void ray colossi storm bullshit.

Roach burrow movement. Sure, why not. It will affect only ZvP obviously because you will be able to run below forcefields faster.

Buff mech... Buff mech? Buff mech??!!!!! BUFF MECH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE U KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playing vs. these absolutely atrocious unskilled slow pricks with 100 apm camping for fucking 50 minutes with their ravens without doing shit is the most frustrating thing I have experienced in my gaming career. It makes me wanna vommit before I kill myself. It makes me wanna stop playing this game. It's the most unfair shit ever where total retard like goody can beat godly superskilled beasts... And... What does David Kimchi say? Let's buff it! Holy shit he is a retard.

User was temp banned for this post.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
January 03 2014 22:34 GMT
#499
I'lll stop arguing with playa, since he considers himself a pro. (Hell, he said it himself).

On January 04 2014 07:19 SpeedyBozar wrote:
Ok, I am going to talk only about Zerg matchups. Photon overcharge won't change almost anything so I don't care.It's not like it will suddenly save me from this ridiculous void ray colossi storm bullshit.

Roach burrow movement. Sure, why not. It will affect only ZvP obviously because you will be able to run below forcefields faster.

Buff mech... Buff mech? Buff mech??!!!!! BUFF MECH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE U KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playing vs. these absolutely atrocious unskilled slow pricks with 100 apm camping for fucking 50 minutes with their ravens without doing shit is the most frustrating thing I have experienced in my gaming career. It makes me wanna vommit before I kill myself. It makes me wanna stop playing this game. It's the most unfair shit ever where total retard like goody can beat godly superskilled beasts... And... What does David Kimchi say? Let's buff it! Holy shit he is a retard.


I think Blizzard want to buff mech in the TvP way, as they said, by tweaking EMP or so, but It shouldn't change much in TvZ I think. Hell, even if they buffed the tank, that wouldn't change anything in TvZ since the main problem is lategame raven/viking compo if you don't know how to deal with it.
TheManInBlack
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Nigeria266 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 22:35:48
January 03 2014 22:35 GMT
#500
Wrong thread sorry.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1009
WardiTV538
OGKoka 261
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko386
mouzHeroMarine 348
OGKoka 261
Rex 147
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2174
Larva 1495
Horang2 1444
Shuttle 986
EffOrt 702
BeSt 514
Soma 495
Mini 279
Hyuk 255
Stork 202
[ Show more ]
Light 186
ZerO 184
Rush 126
ggaemo 125
Zeus 120
Killer 83
Barracks 71
Hyun 69
Sea.KH 46
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 28
Bale 27
Mong 24
PianO 20
Aegong 19
Shine 17
Sexy 15
sorry 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
soO 14
Sacsri 14
zelot 12
Noble 10
HiyA 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Dendi1739
qojqva762
BananaSlamJamma167
LuMiX1
League of Legends
KnowMe34
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1097
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes272
Other Games
singsing2192
olofmeister1693
B2W.Neo534
hiko261
Sick228
XaKoH 228
Pyrionflax200
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King36
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream570
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH302
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2087
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.