• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7939 users

Starcraft II Patch 2.0.8 - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 07 2013 07:52 GMT
#101
The “Damaged Units Only” status bar option now applies only to life, shields, and energy. All other status bars behave as if “Always” is selected.

I think I'm going to try out this mode. It seems like a really good deal now, macro and micro wise :D
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 08:00:36
May 07 2013 08:00 GMT
#102
On May 07 2013 16:52 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
The “Damaged Units Only” status bar option now applies only to life, shields, and energy. All other status bars behave as if “Always” is selected.

I think I'm going to try out this mode. It seems like a really good deal now, macro and micro wise :D


Hm, what other status bars are there in a normal game? Is it referring to duration status bars?
T P Z sagi
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 07 2013 08:17 GMT
#103
On May 07 2013 17:00 purakushi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 16:52 ZenithM wrote:
The “Damaged Units Only” status bar option now applies only to life, shields, and energy. All other status bars behave as if “Always” is selected.

I think I'm going to try out this mode. It seems like a really good deal now, macro and micro wise :D


Hm, what other status bars are there in a normal game? Is it referring to duration status bars?

Stuff like elapsed time on production buildings, upgrades etc, which I like when I want to macro :p
Also Cargo slots, cooldown and duration status bars as you said.
And actually "energy" is in Always mode too so that's good

The only thing that I find more difficult with this mode is to spot units hidden by buildings or map features like trees or something.
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
May 07 2013 09:09 GMT
#104
Good stuff.
Embir
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland567 Posts
May 07 2013 09:15 GMT
#105
Idle Worker Glowing Button, finally!
Fuzer
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Finland266 Posts
May 07 2013 09:17 GMT
#106
Did this fix the bug where you could hear same thing on repeat 100 times row?
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
May 07 2013 10:13 GMT
#107
Love this change

"The order for “Most Recent” and “Highest Rank” in the “Sort by” dropdown menu on the Profile > Ladder > Career Summary page has been switched."
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
May 07 2013 10:15 GMT
#108
The following achievements no longer restart their tracking progress when playing across multiple missions: Smoking Corpses, Leaping Death, Get a Grip, Unchained, Shifted Priorities, Where the Wild Things Are, So Many Banelings!, Worker Rush, and Surprise!,

Finally I can get my achievements done~
Miss_Foxy
Profile Joined March 2012
Singapore109 Posts
May 07 2013 10:34 GMT
#109
Awesome patch, thanks Blizzard !
I love Blizzard's stuff and Korea ~ <3
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 10:42:24
May 07 2013 10:34 GMT
#110
OMG I broke it brb fixing.

EDIT: Fixed and reformat it a bit.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
May 07 2013 10:44 GMT
#111
Now I am aware that this is complaining at a very high level, so do not take my tone all too seriously, but am I the only one, who would love to see the idle worker button selecting all idle workers instead of one at a time?
zimms
Profile Joined November 2009
Austria561 Posts
May 07 2013 10:48 GMT
#112
You can do that by pressing Ctrl+F1.
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
May 07 2013 10:54 GMT
#113
STARCRAFT II PATCH 2.0.8
The Regions button on the Login Screen is now visible at the password entry step. Upon selecting a region, players will be logged out to account entry with the proper region selected.

THANK FUCKING GOD! This is literally the best patch ever. Well, except for the never-released "bunker-bank" patch .
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
May 07 2013 11:00 GMT
#114
On May 07 2013 10:01 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 09:24 Zelniq wrote:
So I just patched and went into an offline custom game to test out the new Idle Worker button animation..and they weren't kidding when they said subtle. keeping my focus on the center of the screen, it's very hard to notice the button is active. I have to wait like 3-4 seconds and put effort into trying to notice it (while still keeping focus at the center) in order to actually see it glowing.

However at least when looking closer to the button, like at the minimap, you can notice it, if you're being alert enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're listening and trying to fix things like this. I just suspect I still won't notice the button being active, at least in intense games where my concentration on other things is very high. It's nowhere near the Wings of Liberty button that popped up on your main screen, separate from all other UI.


I almost always IMMEDIATELY noticed the idle worker button in WoL... never had idle workers almost ever. Now I never see it in HOTS. Kinda sad .

Was actually so sad for me, as terran I never used to shift the scvs back to the mineral line after making depos, rather just continually made depos with 2-3 workers. After I started playing HotS I had no idea why I kept getting supply blocked, until I realized just how slow I was noticing the idle worker button. In WoL I would spot it almost immediatly, in HotS it took so long I just started shifting the workers and focusing on just making depos every 30-40 sec. Hopefully I can go back to my old ways again, was imo way better.
sage_francis
Profile Joined December 2006
France1823 Posts
May 07 2013 11:04 GMT
#115
On May 07 2013 19:48 zimms wrote:
You can do that by pressing Ctrl+F1.


or control + click on the icon
Naphal
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany2099 Posts
May 07 2013 11:20 GMT
#116
nice improvement to the "show damaged unitbars" only, was not as good when you could not see production / cooldowns.
Greendotz
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2053 Posts
May 07 2013 11:21 GMT
#117

STARCRAFT II PATCH 2.0.8

[*]Gameplay and Races

[*]Terran
  • It is no longer possible for SCVs to be left inside of a vespene geyser after canceling an under-construction Refinery.

[*]Zerg
  • Zerg eggs no longer play extraneous sound effects when units hatch.



I'm glad these have been fixed. Hopefully the swamhost death sound effect has also been turned down.
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4534 Posts
May 07 2013 12:25 GMT
#118
so my region was set to NA, and the game updated itself. Now I can't login to EU because it says 'client mismatch with region'. :S ?!?!?!
Team Liquid
MrMatt
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada225 Posts
May 07 2013 12:33 GMT
#119
On May 07 2013 21:25 Liquid`Ret wrote:
so my region was set to NA, and the game updated itself. Now I can't login to EU because it says 'client mismatch with region'. :S ?!?!?!


Ya you will have to wait for EU to update now. =/
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
May 07 2013 12:46 GMT
#120
I dont get why it can ptach down for replays but not for laddering :/
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 103
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2084
sorry 40
Bale 28
910 16
yabsab 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 767
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0279
Livibee157
Sick144
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick810
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 13m
Stellar Fest
8h 13m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.