• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8307 users

Starcraft II Patch 2.0.8 - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
May 07 2013 01:32 GMT
#61
On May 07 2013 10:12 LTY wrote:
GIVE US NAME CHANGE PLEASE

If I remember correct there has been 3 free name changes, I don't know who needs so many name changes except maybe Naniwa.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
May 07 2013 01:33 GMT
#62
On May 07 2013 09:24 Zelniq wrote:
So I just patched and went into an offline custom game to test out the new Idle Worker button animation..and they weren't kidding when they said subtle. keeping my focus on the center of the screen, it's very hard to notice the button is active. I have to wait like 3-4 seconds and put effort into trying to notice it (while still keeping focus at the center) in order to actually see it glowing.

However at least when looking closer to the button, like at the minimap, you can notice it, if you're being alert enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're listening and trying to fix things like this. I just suspect I still won't notice the button being active, at least in intense games where my concentration on other things is very high. It's nowhere near the Wings of Liberty button that popped up on your main screen, separate from all other UI.


Totally agree, they should make it more obvious like a voice saying urgently, "Your workers are unemployed/slacking off!"
Cauterize the area
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
May 07 2013 01:34 GMT
#63
On May 07 2013 10:32 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 10:12 LTY wrote:
GIVE US NAME CHANGE PLEASE

If I remember correct there has been 3 free name changes, I don't know who needs so many name changes except maybe Naniwa.

MajOr too.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
May 07 2013 01:39 GMT
#64
On May 07 2013 07:35 dAPhREAk wrote:
no more scv glitch, lol.
I'm surprised it even lasted this long tbh considering the mineral boost trick and how fast that was patched.
Administrator
wongfeihung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States763 Posts
May 07 2013 01:47 GMT
#65
On May 07 2013 09:53 synd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 09:38 poorcloud wrote:
On May 07 2013 09:34 synd wrote:
On May 07 2013 08:49 tuho12345 wrote:
On May 07 2013 08:17 synd wrote:
No balance changes? So dumb.

The game is fine, wtf are you talking about?

Vrays, muta hp regen, swarm hosts' locusts, widow mines, hellbats. Maybe EVEN one of these things ?


So basically you want to play WOL?

Are you trying to be dumb? Did I say remove these things? No.
I said look into them and possible think of balance changes REGARDING them.
Things, as they are now, are definitely not perfectly balanced.

It's weird that they even considered buffing the oracle /facepalm.

Balance takes a lot more time and consideration to address, whereas bugs can be fixed relatively quickly once the source of the problem is found. Blizzard is attempting to address potential balance issues, but they want to take their time with balance changes this time around in order to see if some issues to solve themselves through the meta game. Take some time to think before you go off with your ignorant Blizzard-can-do-no-right attitude.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 02:02:31
May 07 2013 01:52 GMT
#66
On May 07 2013 10:33 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 09:24 Zelniq wrote:
So I just patched and went into an offline custom game to test out the new Idle Worker button animation..and they weren't kidding when they said subtle. keeping my focus on the center of the screen, it's very hard to notice the button is active. I have to wait like 3-4 seconds and put effort into trying to notice it (while still keeping focus at the center) in order to actually see it glowing.

However at least when looking closer to the button, like at the minimap, you can notice it, if you're being alert enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're listening and trying to fix things like this. I just suspect I still won't notice the button being active, at least in intense games where my concentration on other things is very high. It's nowhere near the Wings of Liberty button that popped up on your main screen, separate from all other UI.


Totally agree, they should make it more obvious like a voice saying urgently, "Your workers are unemployed/slacking off!"

not this again. this isn't about whether or not they should alert you to having idle workers. this is about how they unintentionally changed a part of gameplay when re-vamping their UI for HotS. the previous button they had for all of Wings of Liberty was extremely noticeable as it was separated from the UI and popped onto your main screen.

if you want to talk about easy UI changes that shouldn't have happened, I still miss having to click on every building separately to build from it like in BW, or having units that bumped into each other and didn't auto-surround (like zerglings so easily do now), or having to have many control groups/box selections to mobilize a large army.
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Malpractice.248
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States734 Posts
May 07 2013 01:57 GMT
#67
On May 07 2013 10:52 Zelniq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 10:33 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
On May 07 2013 09:24 Zelniq wrote:
So I just patched and went into an offline custom game to test out the new Idle Worker button animation..and they weren't kidding when they said subtle. keeping my focus on the center of the screen, it's very hard to notice the button is active. I have to wait like 3-4 seconds and put effort into trying to notice it (while still keeping focus at the center) in order to actually see it glowing.

However at least when looking closer to the button, like at the minimap, you can notice it, if you're being alert enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're listening and trying to fix things like this. I just suspect I still won't notice the button being active, at least in intense games where my concentration on other things is very high. It's nowhere near the Wings of Liberty button that popped up on your main screen, separate from all other UI.


Totally agree, they should make it more obvious like a voice saying urgently, "Your workers are unemployed/slacking off!"

not this again. this isn't about whether or not they should alert you to having idle workers. this is about how they unintentionally changed a part of gameplay when re-vamping their UI for HotS. the previous button they had for all of Wings of Liberty was extremely noticeable as it was separated from the UI and popped onto your main screen.

While i do respect what youre saying, Zelniq, Ive never personally had an issue with it. I dont have an issue seeing the "idle Worker" button, Nor do I have an issue just tapping my hotkey for it once in a while.
Not to say youre wrong, but i Think there are more pressing needs. Colorblind/Stronger colors, for one.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
May 07 2013 01:58 GMT
#68
Nice little fixes, good to see this

I was going to say this is really preemptive after having the balance test map out for such a short period of time, but then I saw no balance changes.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
May 07 2013 02:06 GMT
#69
On May 07 2013 10:57 Malpractice.248 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 10:52 Zelniq wrote:
On May 07 2013 10:33 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
On May 07 2013 09:24 Zelniq wrote:
So I just patched and went into an offline custom game to test out the new Idle Worker button animation..and they weren't kidding when they said subtle. keeping my focus on the center of the screen, it's very hard to notice the button is active. I have to wait like 3-4 seconds and put effort into trying to notice it (while still keeping focus at the center) in order to actually see it glowing.

However at least when looking closer to the button, like at the minimap, you can notice it, if you're being alert enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're listening and trying to fix things like this. I just suspect I still won't notice the button being active, at least in intense games where my concentration on other things is very high. It's nowhere near the Wings of Liberty button that popped up on your main screen, separate from all other UI.


Totally agree, they should make it more obvious like a voice saying urgently, "Your workers are unemployed/slacking off!"

not this again. this isn't about whether or not they should alert you to having idle workers. this is about how they unintentionally changed a part of gameplay when re-vamping their UI for HotS. the previous button they had for all of Wings of Liberty was extremely noticeable as it was separated from the UI and popped onto your main screen.

While i do respect what youre saying, Zelniq, Ive never personally had an issue with it. I dont have an issue seeing the "idle Worker" button, Nor do I have an issue just tapping my hotkey for it once in a while.
Not to say youre wrong, but i Think there are more pressing needs. Colorblind/Stronger colors, for one.

I envy you, and wonder what the fuck I'm doing wrong. I NEVER notice the button and will often have many idle workers for long periods of time because of it, mostly when i've depleted my minerals. I think I just need to somehow get back into a BW-like mindset where I just constantly check for idle workers, but I've totally abandoned that habit in SC2 as I became so accustomed to relying on the idle worker button (the old one that was noticeable).
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
May 07 2013 02:20 GMT
#70
aww no balance changes. Like the fixes they did which is cool
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
May 07 2013 02:35 GMT
#71
that egg sound thing makes me think it's not that unit spawning sound but something else?
I am pretty sure they aren't gonna remove that egg spawn sound effect, right? @@
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
May 07 2013 02:41 GMT
#72
Maybe you need to log in to play online to hear the correct hatching sound?
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
May 07 2013 02:45 GMT
#73
The Regions button on the Login Screen is now visible at the password entry step. Upon selecting a region, players will be logged out to account entry with the proper region selected.

Took them more than 2 years for this.
kubiks
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1328 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 02:50:26
May 07 2013 02:50 GMT
#74

[*]The Regions button on the Login Screen is now visible at the password entry step. Upon selecting a region, players will be logged out to account entry with the proper region selected.

Ahhhhh not too soon. Right now I'm constantly switching between NA and KR, and it's a pain to have to go to modify your login to have the "region" button popping up...


[*]The Void Ray’s Prismatic Alignment ability now plays a sound effect when activated.
[*]The Mothership’s Time Warp ability now plays a dissipation sound effect.


Because protoss wasn't shiny enough :D
I guess right now protoss will no longer forget to activate their primatic alignement when fighting hydra/queen...
Juanald you're my hero I miss you -> best troll ever on TL <3
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-07 03:00:24
May 07 2013 02:58 GMT
#75
Yep, just tested, the hatching sound is the same.

EDIT: Maybe not as loud as it was but it's not the same as WOL.
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
May 07 2013 03:01 GMT
#76
Man was hoping for some balance changes to think about while I slept.

They could have at least snuck in a change to bunker build time.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
May 07 2013 03:04 GMT
#77
On May 07 2013 10:32 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 10:12 LTY wrote:
GIVE US NAME CHANGE PLEASE

If I remember correct there has been 3 free name changes, I don't know who needs so many name changes except maybe Naniwa.


What about unlimited name changes because it doesn't fucking matter and shouldn't be controlled as if it does?

Ahh, yes, that sounds good.
EvanC
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada130 Posts
May 07 2013 03:22 GMT
#78
"Creep Tumors being created from an existing Creep Tumor can no longer be attacked before they are visible."

I don't quite understand this change...? It can't be as big a change that I think it is... what am I missing?
Mahanaim
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1002 Posts
May 07 2013 03:23 GMT
#79
Thanks Blizz, awesome patch!
Celebrating Starcraft since... a long time ago.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 07 2013 03:25 GMT
#80
Still no fix to the game not loading properly and causing stuttering unless you run through preloader and replays before playing?

Or the issue locking game at 20, 30, 60, 120fps etc and causing weird lag if you alt tab too much, forcing you to restart, making the first issue much worse (because you have to do it all again)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 93
SortOf 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2311
Shinee 66
sorry 15
NotJumperer 15
HiyA 14
Noble 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1451
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 692
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft568
Other Games
summit1g7183
Coldzera 764
C9.Mang0342
PiGStarcraft249
ArmadaUGS47
RuFF_SC224
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick919
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream381
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Lourlo1308
• Rush1197
• Stunt304
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 13m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.