• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:13
CEST 15:13
KST 22:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8758 users

Starcraft II Patch 2.0.8 - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
SohcranA
Profile Joined November 2010
United States36 Posts
May 08 2013 02:49 GMT
#181
I don't understand why APM is so complicated. It must be some eccentricity of programming of which I am not aware.

Take the total number of actions made in the game.
Divide it by the total number of minutes in the game.
That is your Actions/Minute.
Dudasc
Profile Joined October 2012
Brazil286 Posts
May 08 2013 02:52 GMT
#182
On May 08 2013 11:49 SohcranA wrote:
I don't understand why APM is so complicated. It must be some eccentricity of programming of which I am not aware.

Take the total number of actions made in the game.
Divide it by the total number of minutes in the game.
That is your Actions/Minute.


That is your Actions/Game Minute **.
Saintmek
Profile Joined April 2010
China61 Posts
May 08 2013 03:01 GMT
#183
China got this patch a bit earlier, but the patch note without the HOTS parts.
En Taro Tassadar!!
affect
Profile Joined June 2010
United States60 Posts
May 08 2013 03:01 GMT
#184
Where are the z nerfs they keep winning everything... Cmon no balance crying. This game is near perfect
im cool
KingofGods
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1218 Posts
May 08 2013 03:43 GMT
#185
The flashing idle worker button is a nice touch, but I still prefer the WoL button. It is still pretty hard to see unless you specifically look for it.
kubiks
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1328 Posts
May 08 2013 03:51 GMT
#186
On May 08 2013 12:01 affect wrote:
Where are the z nerfs they keep winning everything... Cmon no balance crying. This game is near perfect


Zerg nerf aren't coming soon. Blame Innvoation .
Juanald you're my hero I miss you -> best troll ever on TL <3
HaRuHi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
1220 Posts
May 08 2013 08:24 GMT
#187
Hm, The ZvZ change they had planed sounded nice actually, didn't play PTR though, anyone who played and can give some insight why they did not follow through?

Overall I am happy that they did not change the bunker buildtime + Show Spoiler +
and take their time before tweaking balance, good job blizz
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-08 08:42:51
May 08 2013 08:35 GMT
#188
New indication of bars while using Damaged mode

[image loading]

[image loading]
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-08 09:03:43
May 08 2013 08:43 GMT
#189
On May 07 2013 10:07 Zelniq wrote:
TL;DR : Workers are no longer able to overlap building placement commands (likely occurs when selecting multiple workers to build several buildings near each other, like mass spine crawlers/turrets)

Yessss

No more failed panic wall in attempts

Also, league border on portraits show in game lobbies again.
Blacklizard
Profile Joined May 2007
United States1194 Posts
May 08 2013 17:31 GMT
#190
On May 08 2013 17:35 Existor wrote:
New indication of bars while using Damaged mode


I love this feature, but I wish you still had yet more control over which bars you see or don't. So far this is still the better of the options.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
May 08 2013 17:48 GMT
#191
APM is so messed up, I'm pretty sure i don't have 200 APM, but that's apparently what I'm averaging xD
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
oZe
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden492 Posts
May 08 2013 18:34 GMT
#192
On May 07 2013 08:45 darkscream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2013 08:37 digmouse wrote:
Balance changes don't need a patch to deploy.
Also I wonder when will they fix the lag when a Cybernetics Core is finished in the first game of a session.


that happens with every building, unit etc.

Playing the pre-loader map on arcade prevents this.


Why is there more lag in hots than wol?!? Did they change some kind of grace period so that you not lagging would give you less of an advantage? I mean even if you preload there is still some kind of hickup lag through out the game. Am not talking about to many units for you cpu/graphics card or forgetting to preload effects.

I find that lag to screw up my worker catching a lot =(
The worst kinds of organized crime are religion & government.
SohcranA
Profile Joined November 2010
United States36 Posts
May 08 2013 23:25 GMT
#193
On May 08 2013 11:52 Dudasc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2013 11:49 SohcranA wrote:
I don't understand why APM is so complicated. It must be some eccentricity of programming of which I am not aware.

Take the total number of actions made in the game.
Divide it by the total number of minutes in the game.
That is your Actions/Minute.


That is your Actions/Game Minute **.

I did not say you had to use the game timer to record the minutes, but you could do that too if you like. Either calculation should be really easy, it seems to me.
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
May 08 2013 23:28 GMT
#194
glowing idle worker button yayy
My religion is Starcraft
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
May 08 2013 23:30 GMT
#195
I still don't understand the communities obsession with APM. I've read countless arguments on why it's supposedly important and why it shows skill but it just doesn't. Never seen such a useless stat be blown up to a large scale like this. They should just take it out of the game forever.
jj33
Profile Joined April 2011
802 Posts
May 09 2013 00:34 GMT
#196
what does the zerg fix for no longer extraneous sounds for eggs hatching mean?

I just know the eggs hatching sound was fine, then they changed it to sound like an explosion.

after the patch it still sounds the same.
dsjoerg
Profile Joined January 2012
United States384 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 01:17:43
May 09 2013 01:16 GMT
#197
On May 09 2013 08:30 Infernal_dream wrote:
I still don't understand the communities obsession with APM. I've read countless arguments on why it's supposedly important and why it shows skill but it just doesn't. Never seen such a useless stat be blown up to a large scale like this. They should just take it out of the game forever.


The science is not on your side: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401425

EDIT: wrong link at first
card-carrying grubby fan. developer of GGTracker.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 09 2013 01:21 GMT
#198
I think I'm in love with the new Damaged health bar display mode. Very useful. The only downside for me is that sometimes I don't notice a marine or an SCV behind a building, but that's ok, I only need to get better at remembering where I put my shit :D
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 07:52:40
May 09 2013 07:52 GMT
#199
On May 09 2013 10:21 ZenithM wrote:
I think I'm in love with the new Damaged health bar display mode. Very useful. The only downside for me is that sometimes I don't notice a marine or an SCV behind a building, but that's ok, I only need to get better at remembering where I put my shit :D

I don't like that full energy bars are hidden, I foresee problems spotting and Feedbacking Ghosts (among other things) because of it so I don't think I'll be using it.

I do find it weird they mention having fixed the Egg hatch sound and added sounds to Prismatic Alignment initiation / Time Warp expiration but all those things seem to not have been done ;/
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 09 2013 12:41 GMT
#200
Still got the damn sound loop bug, fuuuuuu
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 654
TaKeTV 185
SteadfastSC173
ComeBackTV 153
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36602
Shuttle 3126
Horang2 935
Bisu 931
Jaedong 726
Mini 609
EffOrt 556
Light 460
BeSt 348
Soma 344
[ Show more ]
firebathero 340
Hyuk 320
Stork 307
Snow 169
Zeus 161
Rush 155
Last 150
ggaemo 147
ZerO 142
Pusan 91
Leta 83
hero 69
Killer 56
sorry 56
Mong 45
Sharp 44
Mind 42
Bale 28
Aegong 27
Shinee 27
Shine 25
ToSsGirL 24
soO 23
Trap 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 16
Free 14
PianO 13
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5799
qojqva1681
Dendi862
420jenkins63
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
markeloff162
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2222
crisheroes975
XaKoH 150
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo954
Mlord243
DeMusliM185
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX122
Hui .117
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS92
QueenE88
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)12
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1809
League of Legends
• Jankos2232
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
23h 47m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.