• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9154 users

'TSL expelled from SC2 Conference' - Page 40

Forum Index > SC2 General
1124 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 57 Next
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
August 04 2011 20:40 GMT
#781
On August 05 2011 04:38 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:20 IMABUNNEH wrote:
I think this indirectly gives credibility to EG as well, though this thread isn't about them. They make it SOUND as though (and I understand TSL have rebutted against such a thing) Coach Lee has been pretty underhanded. Perhaps in more than just this issue... if you get me


Eh? How does this give any credibility to EG? While I never got all the people upset at them signing Puma its not like EG did that for some kind of humanitarian reason by "saving" Puma. All the sensible arguments that were made against EG(mainly them being kinda disrespectful by not contacting the coach but that was not really that bad) still hold.


How does it NOT give them credibility? Coach Lee is the one screwing his own players over and perhaps lying to people. What do you think that does to reshape how the EG thing went down?
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:41:08
August 04 2011 20:40 GMT
#782
On August 05 2011 05:32 andrea20 wrote:
Show nested quote +

Translation of the Startale manager's response:

...I am still trying to understand how they don't have enough money to run their team. Manager Lee said that they give out 1,000,000 WON ($1000) to their players as snack money each month, and that money is enough to pay for their monthly utility fee and car maintenance. He also claimed their their food expenses are over 5,000,000 WON ($5000) each month, but our team only spends 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 WON for 15 player, and that's including feeding them weekly beef/chicken/fish, so I don't understand why TSL needs that much money for only 8-9 players. I would like to ask TSL's manager if he thinks spending that much on food is wise, and you would have to question if he has the right qualities as a manager. I would like to ask him if thinks withholding player salaries to run his team is the correct decision.


Wait. Startale only feeds their players meat once a week? Oog, as a meat-lover, that sounds terrible to me~


Oh come on you really have to ask this when it's obvious to anyone he meant weekly food cost for his team?
There's no S in KT. :P
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
August 04 2011 20:41 GMT
#783
With all this drama and conflict, I can kind of see how Puma came to a decision so quick.
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:43:30
August 04 2011 20:41 GMT
#784
On August 05 2011 05:37 Nowis0n wrote:
I no longer feel bad for TSL...at all. Well the manager or whatever at least.


If anything, the sponsors who invested with good faith in TSL's direction, and Coach Lee's guiding hand, should be the ones who we feel bad for. With the way TSL has seemingly fallen apart losing their players and all of this "scandulous" behavior, I doubt those sponsors are very happy with TSLee, and the SC2 scene in general. That's very unfortunate as the SC2 scene is hurting financially in Korea, and there seems to be a good deal of trouble getting sponsors. Only gets harder when you look at this case here.
moonmeh
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:43:43
August 04 2011 20:43 GMT
#785
On August 05 2011 05:41 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:37 Nowis0n wrote:
I no longer feel bad for TSL...at all. Well the manager or whatever at least.


If anything, the sponsors who invested with good faith in TSL's direction, and Coach Lee's guiding hand, should be the ones who we feel bad for. With the way TSL has seemingly fallen apart losing their players and all of this "scandulous" behavior, I doubt those sponsors are very happy with TSLee, and the SC2 scene in general.


Precisely, with the way Coache Lee acted, he basically stunted the sponership possibilities of SC2 teams. Which companies would want to risk their money on a still very wild scene and hope it would pay off?
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 04 2011 20:53 GMT
#786
The best thing to have come out of this thread is a lawyer grudgematch. If this really does happen, PM me, I want to obs

That statement, if true, is the end of Coach Lee and TSL.

The part where it says FD didn't even quit TSL is just terrible.
lalala
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
August 04 2011 20:54 GMT
#787
On August 05 2011 05:43 moonmeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:41 Grimsong wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:37 Nowis0n wrote:
I no longer feel bad for TSL...at all. Well the manager or whatever at least.


If anything, the sponsors who invested with good faith in TSL's direction, and Coach Lee's guiding hand, should be the ones who we feel bad for. With the way TSL has seemingly fallen apart losing their players and all of this "scandulous" behavior, I doubt those sponsors are very happy with TSLee, and the SC2 scene in general.


Precisely, with the way Coache Lee acted, he basically stunted the sponership possibilities of SC2 teams. Which companies would want to risk their money on a still very wild scene and hope it would pay off?


Oh he most certainly did. This shows how they mismanaged their budget and team. They are basically in the shit and this makes it harder for them.
There's no S in KT. :P
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:55:39
August 04 2011 20:55 GMT
#788
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
August 04 2011 20:56 GMT
#789
There's no way coach Lee can let that post by ST's manager go. I'm very interested to hear his response.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
August 04 2011 20:56 GMT
#790
On August 05 2011 05:54 Baarn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:43 moonmeh wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:41 Grimsong wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:37 Nowis0n wrote:
I no longer feel bad for TSL...at all. Well the manager or whatever at least.


If anything, the sponsors who invested with good faith in TSL's direction, and Coach Lee's guiding hand, should be the ones who we feel bad for. With the way TSL has seemingly fallen apart losing their players and all of this "scandulous" behavior, I doubt those sponsors are very happy with TSLee, and the SC2 scene in general.


Precisely, with the way Coache Lee acted, he basically stunted the sponership possibilities of SC2 teams. Which companies would want to risk their money on a still very wild scene and hope it would pay off?


Oh he most certainly did. This shows how they mismanaged their budget and team. They are basically in the shit and this makes it harder for them.


*EG just straight up buys TSL*....*Still doesn't talk to Lee*....lol
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 04 2011 20:57 GMT
#791
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)


LoL, dont even want to start the word legal up again here, but I'll say that if that scenario were happening, the employees should be warned and eventually fired if it continues. You dont let them stay in the office throwing the beach ball around (TSL not cutting ties with FD and Tester)
farnham
Profile Joined January 2011
1378 Posts
August 04 2011 20:59 GMT
#792
mr. lee crossed the line of legal behavior and entered the realm of criminality imho
pookadin
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia422 Posts
August 04 2011 21:00 GMT
#793
On August 05 2011 05:53 youngminii wrote:

That statement, if true, is the end of Coach Lee and TSL.

The part where it says FD didn't even quit TSL is just terrible.


I also found that terrible..Poor FruitDealer
*JYP* #1 fan! ♥♥ twitter~ @Pookadin
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
August 04 2011 21:01 GMT
#794
On August 05 2011 05:57 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)


LoL, dont even want to start the word legal up again here, but I'll say that if that scenario were happening, the employees should be warned and eventually fired if it continues. You dont let them stay in the office throwing the beach ball around (TSL not cutting ties with FD and Tester)

But they were fired.
farnham
Profile Joined January 2011
1378 Posts
August 04 2011 21:03 GMT
#795
On August 05 2011 06:01 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)


LoL, dont even want to start the word legal up again here, but I'll say that if that scenario were happening, the employees should be warned and eventually fired if it continues. You dont let them stay in the office throwing the beach ball around (TSL not cutting ties with FD and Tester)

But they were fired.


no they were not fired. and even if they were fired we are talking about the wages before the departure
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
August 04 2011 21:06 GMT
#796
On August 05 2011 06:03 farnham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:01 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)


LoL, dont even want to start the word legal up again here, but I'll say that if that scenario were happening, the employees should be warned and eventually fired if it continues. You dont let them stay in the office throwing the beach ball around (TSL not cutting ties with FD and Tester)

But they were fired.


no they were not fired. and even if they were fired we are talking about the wages before the departure

We don't know, that what I say. Unless you have a source.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 04 2011 21:06 GMT
#797
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 21:09:47
August 04 2011 21:08 GMT
#798
On August 05 2011 06:06 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)

Actually, the proper, professional response would be to fire the two workers playing beach ball at the office. The issue is that Coach Lee decided to withhold their salaries as a punishment, which is unjustifiable any way you look at it. Basically, he wanted FD and Trickster on the team so he could continue using them for marketing, but he didn't want to pay them even though they're salaried. You can't have it both ways. You either keep them on the team and pay them, or you fire them and pay them what you're supposed to pay them for the time they've been on the team.


Another way to look at it is that Asian culture tends to be more familiar and less business in conduct. By withholding wages, the coach is not cutting ties with his players completely but rather presenting a harsh incentive for them to work harder. Firing is strict and is not the style of the Asian culture nor Sc2 since it is only a niche organization.

What I'm saying is that the coach's withholding of wages could be look at another perspective in that he only wants to make FD and Tester improve but not firing them from the team and the "family" completely.
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 04 2011 21:09 GMT
#799
On August 05 2011 06:06 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:03 farnham wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:01 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)


LoL, dont even want to start the word legal up again here, but I'll say that if that scenario were happening, the employees should be warned and eventually fired if it continues. You dont let them stay in the office throwing the beach ball around (TSL not cutting ties with FD and Tester)

But they were fired.


no they were not fired. and even if they were fired we are talking about the wages before the departure

We don't know, that what I say. Unless you have a source.


Done, here's your source

"TSL needs to reform. Trickster and FD disagreed with the direction we are heading, so they chose to leave the team. We wish good luck for them in their tournaments. TSL would be paying more efforts."
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
August 04 2011 21:14 GMT
#800
On August 05 2011 06:09 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 06:06 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:03 farnham wrote:
On August 05 2011 06:01 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:55 MrCon wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


I agree, those are facts, but what I said is that the attitude of tester and fd could have been so terrible that it could have snowballed into this.
And about the sponsors we know nothing. I guess on this one they had a contract. FD and Tester not being in TSL anymore doesn't mean that their sponsoring contract (I think they're talking about the gskill clip on GSL) becomes null. So for 2/ and 3/ we don't have the elements to properly judge.

Withholding salaries is bad and it was a mistake 100% of the time. BUT that was my point, FD and Tester could have been such a burden that things just degenerated into such things. Not saying it was justified, saying I can understand. It's like you hire 2 employees in a 10 employees office, and those 2 are using their day playing beach ball at the office and disturbing the work of the others. In such a case I can understand an upset manager just say "guys, no paycheck for you". I'm not even sure it would be illegal haha (but the legal question seems to have trashed this thread so do not nitpick this part please xD)


LoL, dont even want to start the word legal up again here, but I'll say that if that scenario were happening, the employees should be warned and eventually fired if it continues. You dont let them stay in the office throwing the beach ball around (TSL not cutting ties with FD and Tester)

But they were fired.


no they were not fired. and even if they were fired we are talking about the wages before the departure

We don't know, that what I say. Unless you have a source.


Done, here's your source

Show nested quote +
"TSL needs to reform. Trickster and FD disagreed with the direction we are heading, so they chose to leave the team. We wish good luck for them in their tournaments. TSL would be paying more efforts."

Yeah I know about that, but I interpreted it as a common employer/employee end of contract "we disagree blabla, we parted ways"
We don't exactly know if they were fired or they left (contractually I mean).
I try not to take side in this, what I say is we don't know enough to judge all this (but the coach sure looks shady). "Trickster and FD disagreed with the direction we are heading, so they chose to leave the team." can be a diplomatic way to say "we fired those lazy asses because they trained 1 hour in 4 monthes"
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5124
Bisu 2805
Soulkey 1748
Jaedong 715
Horang2 577
EffOrt 539
Mini 508
Larva 344
actioN 290
ZerO 272
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Mind 96
sorry 82
Dewaltoss 77
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 67
hero 66
Barracks 62
Pusan 57
Snow 51
Hyun 42
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 20
Rock 17
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5198
qojqva2491
Dendi1201
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m2698
Fnx 658
x6flipin409
Other Games
hiko941
Liquid`RaSZi852
B2W.Neo504
Lowko378
crisheroes287
DeMusliM274
XBOCT196
Liquid`VortiX171
Livibee166
QueenE105
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV610
League of Legends
• Nemesis3516
• TFBlade627
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur222
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 43m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.