• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:53
CEST 19:53
KST 02:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9835 users

'TSL expelled from SC2 Conference' - Page 39

Forum Index > SC2 General
1124 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 57 Next
DumJumJmyWum
Profile Joined March 2011
United States75 Posts
August 04 2011 20:25 GMT
#761
I still hope Clide will win a GSL one day
farnham
Profile Joined January 2011
1378 Posts
August 04 2011 20:26 GMT
#762
On August 05 2011 05:24 Sein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:59 Rekrul wrote:
Even after he originally stole FD and Tester and everyone kinda just let it go and didn't make a big deal about it for the greater good of the growth of SC2 in Korea, Coach Lee was notorious for doing things like going ape shit bitching about very minuscule things such as how many players/which players can get to sit in the team area during matches, which left other coaches and GomTV staff wondering "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?"


Wait, are you talking about FD and Tester from oGs to TSL? I was under the impression that they formed TSL after they left oGs. Tester himself says that FD and he left oGs because they wanted a more free practice regimen than what oGs was starting to organize.



On August 05 2011 05:23 Ownos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:59 Rekrul wrote:
Even after he originally stole FD and Tester and everyone kinda just let it go and didn't make a big deal about it for the greater good of the growth of SC2 in Korea, Coach Lee was notorious for doing things like going ape shit bitching about very minuscule things such as how many players/which players can get to sit in the team area during matches, which left other coaches and GomTV staff wondering "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?"


I thought FD and T left oGs on their own?



TSL was formed by trickster, fd, clide and a few other players and of course mr.lee

at first it started as a joint venture. mr. lee was appointed as the fiscal guy that gets all the sponsorships. soon though he changed his position into head coach himself.

at least thats what i get from the startale coaches statement
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
August 04 2011 20:26 GMT
#763
On August 05 2011 05:24 Sein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:59 Rekrul wrote:
Even after he originally stole FD and Tester and everyone kinda just let it go and didn't make a big deal about it for the greater good of the growth of SC2 in Korea, Coach Lee was notorious for doing things like going ape shit bitching about very minuscule things such as how many players/which players can get to sit in the team area during matches, which left other coaches and GomTV staff wondering "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?"


Wait, are you talking about FD and Tester from oGs to TSL? I was under the impression that they formed TSL after they left oGs. Tester himself says that FD and he left oGs because they wanted a more free practice regimen than what oGs was starting to organize.


Didn't they leave oGs only after Lee approached them with the idea of forming TSL? Eh I don't know what to make of it.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
August 04 2011 20:27 GMT
#764
On August 05 2011 05:23 Ownos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 04:59 Rekrul wrote:
Even after he originally stole FD and Tester and everyone kinda just let it go and didn't make a big deal about it for the greater good of the growth of SC2 in Korea, Coach Lee was notorious for doing things like going ape shit bitching about very minuscule things such as how many players/which players can get to sit in the team area during matches, which left other coaches and GomTV staff wondering "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?"


I thought FD and T left oGs on their own?


Who knows, like Rek said, he couldn't go into details. Maybe oGs is just a notch or two more classy than some of the teams we are use to?
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:28:06
August 04 2011 20:27 GMT
#765
Holy shit I just thought about it. So that's why TSL is "The SCV Life" because the players are SCV's and Coach Lee is a mother fucking orbital command gone haywire.. I guess Clide and Killer are mules? xD
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 04 2011 20:27 GMT
#766
On August 05 2011 05:14 tl55555 wrote:
Sorry, but it's easy to make those assumptions based on what you're written. When you come back to reality let me know.


Way to dodge anything I had to say and continue the personal attacks. To me, and to anyone else. Sad that's what you've let your posts regress to. Reminds me of a child saying "I know you are but what am I".

The only reality in this thread is that Coach Lee withheld money from people he was supposed to be paying, money that wasn't even out of his OWN pocket.
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
August 04 2011 20:29 GMT
#767
On August 05 2011 05:27 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Holy shit I just thought about it. So that's why TSL is "The SCV Life" because the players are SCV's and Coach Lee is a mother fucking orbital command gone haywire.. I guess Clide and Killer are mules? xD


Impossible, because mules expire... Clide's not going to expire is he :D?
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
pookadin
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia422 Posts
August 04 2011 20:31 GMT
#768
I am so so shocked. I have read the playXP article and the ST article and I cannot believe what Coach Lee has done!

FruitDealer is my favourite player, despite him leaving TSL, TSL remained my favourite team. Poor Killer and Clide..they need to get out now..
*JYP* #1 fan! ♥♥ twitter~ @Pookadin
farnham
Profile Joined January 2011
1378 Posts
August 04 2011 20:31 GMT
#769
On August 05 2011 05:27 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Holy shit I just thought about it. So that's why TSL is "The SCV Life" because the players are SCV's and Coach Lee is a mother fucking orbital command gone haywire.. I guess Clide and Killer are mules? xD

more like a BFH
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
August 04 2011 20:31 GMT
#770
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.
andrea20
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada441 Posts
August 04 2011 20:32 GMT
#771

Translation of the Startale manager's response:

...I am still trying to understand how they don't have enough money to run their team. Manager Lee said that they give out 1,000,000 WON ($1000) to their players as snack money each month, and that money is enough to pay for their monthly utility fee and car maintenance. He also claimed their their food expenses are over 5,000,000 WON ($5000) each month, but our team only spends 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 WON for 15 player, and that's including feeding them weekly beef/chicken/fish, so I don't understand why TSL needs that much money for only 8-9 players. I would like to ask TSL's manager if he thinks spending that much on food is wise, and you would have to question if he has the right qualities as a manager. I would like to ask him if thinks withholding player salaries to run his team is the correct decision.


Wait. Startale only feeds their players meat once a week? Oog, as a meat-lover, that sounds terrible to me~
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:34:40
August 04 2011 20:33 GMT
#772
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.


On August 05 2011 05:32 andrea20 wrote:
Show nested quote +

Translation of the Startale manager's response:

...I am still trying to understand how they don't have enough money to run their team. Manager Lee said that they give out 1,000,000 WON ($1000) to their players as snack money each month, and that money is enough to pay for their monthly utility fee and car maintenance. He also claimed their their food expenses are over 5,000,000 WON ($5000) each month, but our team only spends 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 WON for 15 player, and that's including feeding them weekly beef/chicken/fish, so I don't understand why TSL needs that much money for only 8-9 players. I would like to ask TSL's manager if he thinks spending that much on food is wise, and you would have to question if he has the right qualities as a manager. I would like to ask him if thinks withholding player salaries to run his team is the correct decision.


Wait. Startale only feeds their players meat once a week? Oog, as a meat-lover, that sounds terrible to me~


I don't think it means what you're thinking it means.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:35:26
August 04 2011 20:35 GMT
#773
On August 05 2011 05:32 andrea20 wrote:
Show nested quote +

Translation of the Startale manager's response:

...I am still trying to understand how they don't have enough money to run their team. Manager Lee said that they give out 1,000,000 WON ($1000) to their players as snack money each month, and that money is enough to pay for their monthly utility fee and car maintenance. He also claimed their their food expenses are over 5,000,000 WON ($5000) each month, but our team only spends 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 WON for 15 player, and that's including feeding them weekly beef/chicken/fish, so I don't understand why TSL needs that much money for only 8-9 players. I would like to ask TSL's manager if he thinks spending that much on food is wise, and you would have to question if he has the right qualities as a manager. I would like to ask him if thinks withholding player salaries to run his team is the correct decision.


Wait. Startale only feeds their players meat once a week? Oog, as a meat-lover, that sounds terrible to me~

yeah because thats something important in this thread.
pookadin
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia422 Posts
August 04 2011 20:35 GMT
#774
On August 05 2011 05:32 andrea20 wrote:
Show nested quote +

Translation of the Startale manager's response:

...I am still trying to understand how they don't have enough money to run their team. Manager Lee said that they give out 1,000,000 WON ($1000) to their players as snack money each month, and that money is enough to pay for their monthly utility fee and car maintenance. He also claimed their their food expenses are over 5,000,000 WON ($5000) each month, but our team only spends 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 WON for 15 player, and that's including feeding them weekly beef/chicken/fish, so I don't understand why TSL needs that much money for only 8-9 players. I would like to ask TSL's manager if he thinks spending that much on food is wise, and you would have to question if he has the right qualities as a manager. I would like to ask him if thinks withholding player salaries to run his team is the correct decision.


Wait. Startale only feeds their players meat once a week? Oog, as a meat-lover, that sounds terrible to me~


Is that why Bomber is so little? :D Not enough proteins!
*JYP* #1 fan! ♥♥ twitter~ @Pookadin
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 04 2011 20:35 GMT
#775
On August 05 2011 05:29 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:27 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Holy shit I just thought about it. So that's why TSL is "The SCV Life" because the players are SCV's and Coach Lee is a mother fucking orbital command gone haywire.. I guess Clide and Killer are mules? xD


Impossible, because mules expire... Clide's not going to expire is he :D?

So maybe FD and Trickster are perpetually idle SCVs, Clide and Killer are good ol' solid regular SCVs, and Coach Lee is a planetary fortress gone haywire?

Hmmmmm.

Then again, Clide does look like he's about to expire sometimes when I see him at the group selections.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
August 04 2011 20:37 GMT
#776
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.

shouldnt we hear back from coach lee before declaring it fact?
we already have reason to believe that the hearing was very biased
Nowis0n
Profile Joined June 2011
United States47 Posts
August 04 2011 20:37 GMT
#777
I no longer feel bad for TSL...at all. Well the manager or whatever at least.
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 20:39:37
August 04 2011 20:39 GMT
#778
On August 05 2011 05:37 Condor Hero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 05:33 wolfe wrote:
On August 05 2011 05:31 MrCon wrote:
There's 2 things :
- if Lee really had period where he came to the house only twice a month, he's just a bad coach.
- all the rest is too much speculation, because it wouldn't surprise me that tester and fd had the house spirit completely ruined. Those guys won nearly 5000$ a month (code S included), so seeing them afk all day when their non paid teammates are practicing non stop can really be a disaster. I can understand how things could have snowballed from this.

Apart from that (which is speculation already), nothing in this thread is factual (this post included), so posting definite judgments one way or another isn't very smart imo.


Withholding salaries, lying about sponsors, and continuing to use FD/T promotional images... that's fact. Especially the 1st and 3rd. There wouldn't be this argument without the 1st and I've seen the 3rd for myself lol.

shouldnt we hear back from coach lee before declaring it fact?
we already have reason to believe that the hearing was very biased


Well I'm holding my judgement back for now I guess, same way I held it back for EG which turned out to be the right move. I feel like with EG/TSL EG was the one that got shat on publicly.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
August 04 2011 20:39 GMT
#779
On August 05 2011 05:32 andrea20 wrote:
Show nested quote +

Translation of the Startale manager's response:

...I am still trying to understand how they don't have enough money to run their team. Manager Lee said that they give out 1,000,000 WON ($1000) to their players as snack money each month, and that money is enough to pay for their monthly utility fee and car maintenance. He also claimed their their food expenses are over 5,000,000 WON ($5000) each month, but our team only spends 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 WON for 15 player, and that's including feeding them weekly beef/chicken/fish, so I don't understand why TSL needs that much money for only 8-9 players. I would like to ask TSL's manager if he thinks spending that much on food is wise, and you would have to question if he has the right qualities as a manager. I would like to ask him if thinks withholding player salaries to run his team is the correct decision.


Wait. Startale only feeds their players meat once a week? Oog, as a meat-lover, that sounds terrible to me~

I think I saw a tour of one of the team houses (oGs or ST) that showed them having a meal, and there seemed to be tons of vegetables in the meal. I think the lack of meat is more of a cultural thing, as meat is expensive yet Koreans are quite fine having vegetables as a staple of their meals.

Nevertheless, TSL's budget does seem a bit suspect.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
August 04 2011 20:40 GMT
#780
On August 05 2011 05:18 spybreak wrote:
Why the hell is this thread about lawyers now instead of talking about Mr. Lee and FD/Trickster


Because we might get a lawyer grudgematch
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 126
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2909
Bisu 2207
Soulkey 997
EffOrt 500
Larva 414
Mini 385
Dewaltoss 192
ZerO 188
hero 94
Mind 75
[ Show more ]
sorry 64
Sharp 60
Shinee 51
Barracks 34
Bale 26
Terrorterran 22
Trap 22
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1443
420jenkins382
XaKoH 356
League of Legends
Reynor71
Counter-Strike
fl0m4246
Fnx 679
x6flipin362
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu400
Other Games
Grubby2933
Liquid`RaSZi1638
FrodaN703
XBOCT244
Livibee180
C9.Mang0135
TKL 117
QueenE104
RotterdaM61
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV239
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 68
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2845
• TFBlade748
Other Games
• Shiphtur634
• imaqtpie525
• WagamamaTV511
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 8m
Patches Events
22h 8m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.