• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9777 users

Lack of friends with SC2 interest? - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
March 17 2011 14:56 GMT
#141
On March 17 2011 23:54 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 21:59 Zorkmid wrote:
I don't think I've ever met a fellow SC2 fan in real life. I think we're all closeted.


Going out to a place where students go, the special shot of the night was "baneling bust".
After watching a set of very exciting gsl matches, i packed my bags and went to the gym. On my way I heard TWO groups of people talking about the very matches I just saw. Granted I live in a university-city with probably a lot of geeks, but starcraft people go outside :p


This. I went to local bar that plays metal and has a bit of an alternative group of patrons.

Went to the beer garden and a group of people overheard my friend and I talking about SC2, got 4 new Real IDs in the friends list that night! Keep the faith, the SC2 fans are out there and they are unashamed.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 17 2011 15:20 GMT
#142
On March 17 2011 23:56 Maynarde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2011 23:54 nkr wrote:
On March 16 2011 21:59 Zorkmid wrote:
I don't think I've ever met a fellow SC2 fan in real life. I think we're all closeted.


Going out to a place where students go, the special shot of the night was "baneling bust".
After watching a set of very exciting gsl matches, i packed my bags and went to the gym. On my way I heard TWO groups of people talking about the very matches I just saw. Granted I live in a university-city with probably a lot of geeks, but starcraft people go outside :p


This. I went to local bar that plays metal and has a bit of an alternative group of patrons.

Went to the beer garden and a group of people overheard my friend and I talking about SC2, got 4 new Real IDs in the friends list that night! Keep the faith, the SC2 fans are out there and they are unashamed.


I've had allot of different situations like that, its so true !
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
Breaker 1st Class
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia47 Posts
March 17 2011 15:34 GMT
#143
This is just a heads up to anyone similar to the OP in that they don't have anyone to enjoy SC2 with; if you play on the SEA server, head over to channel 'LOLX'

LOLX is primarily a 1v1 customs channel where anyone from any league can come to play or watch practice games together. Aside from that, we're also a laid back and relaxed channel where you are free to talk about anything and everything that's related to SC2, whether it's theorycrafting or discussion of news or competitions.

So come check us out! you got nothing to lose.
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
March 17 2011 19:54 GMT
#144
On March 17 2011 23:27 Jago wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2011 14:37 Rylaji wrote:
Gotta say was a very pleasent experience today joining some of the suggested chat channels and talking to ppl, prolly most fun Ive had yet on bnet, chatting and laddering =). Even managed to play customs with a gold zerg :D

I think I know who you are

'
Ah there you are, sort of forgot your nick *shame*, I shall avenge my losses at some point! :D
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 17 2011 20:06 GMT
#145
I know only two players IRL that are in the game - both don't hold my passion (plat/gold players with not even 15 games played)

It's just a different kind of relationship, to have someone in real life you're close to be also just as passionate with something as you are. Sure, meeting random people online could suffice - but that's what they are! just random people. Think of the guys that talk about sports. A lot of talk about sports, their teams, players, all of that, and bond through it; I as many of you, lack that.
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 20:19:57
March 17 2011 20:17 GMT
#146
On March 18 2011 05:06 DuckS wrote:
I know only two players IRL that are in the game - both don't hold my passion (plat/gold players with not even 15 games played)

It's just a different kind of relationship, to have someone in real life you're close to be also just as passionate with something as you are. Sure, meeting random people online could suffice - but that's what they are! just random people. Think of the guys that talk about sports. A lot of talk about sports, their teams, players, all of that, and bond through it; I as many of you, lack that.


Ye i agree with you, that would be awesome =/.

The only people i talk SC2 with IRL don't even play it at all so they are not that interested.. xd

So hyped for the TSL. But I will probably end up watching it alone =/.

Wish there was someplace in Stockholm all the swedish SC2 fans could meet up and watch it together.. ^^.

Oh well, I guess my couch aint to bad
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
March 17 2011 20:22 GMT
#147
I have the same problem. I know there are a bunch of kids at my school that may like SC2, but either they don't want to become public about it (because they are afraid of being classified as a nerd), or they aren't serious enough to watch tourneys like the GSL or TSL.

I used to have a friend like that at school (only one), but he stopped playing SC2 and switched over to LOL.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
March 17 2011 20:27 GMT
#148
I usually feel like the only one that follows SC2 extensively out of everyone I know. So, I know how everyone feels. SC2 is an intimidating game to other people, so thats why they don't play it. Right now, I am playing with a few friends here and there that are bronze/silver. Anyone bronze/silver in the NA server looking for people to add can shoot me a PM, I will hook you up.
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
Loophole
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States867 Posts
March 17 2011 20:37 GMT
#149
Have friends over for food and drinks at a time that just happens to coincide with a tournament finals. Play said finals in background. Don't force them to watch, but they will naturally be interested in it.
"Fundamental preparation is always effective. Work on those parts of your game that are fundamentally weak." -Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 20:46:12
March 17 2011 20:42 GMT
#150
I've always followed casters and tournaments, but after I started working this has slowed down a lot.

I have 3 friends who have the game.

One of them I barely see even online, so we don't play together.
One of them made the newb mistake of buying the LA version when he knew we all bought the NA.
And the other one is my 2v2 partner, though we started working and now we don't have a lot of spare time.

I've got a couple of friends who are gamers, or like games in general. They like how enthusiastic I sound, but never had a lot of interest on the game.

But since a couple weeks ago, I showed one of them the #100, and he sounds really interested into buying a notebook that can play SC2, he even heard the GSL finals are going to be Saturday 3AM our time, and he asked if I wanted to come over to his house to watch. I found that amazing!

Edit.: I even let him play a custom game on my PC against Very Easy AI, it took him like 18minutes to go down his ramp hahaha, was a lot of fun, even though there was nothing really happening =P

Edit2.: I showed the poster of TSL to another friend and he was like "Whoa, that looks like MMA posters." He is friends with the friend I mentioned above, so I think I might be able to drag them both into watching the finals of GSL!

Maybe I'm slowly bringing them in :}

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Grenadieris
Profile Joined November 2010
Latvia33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 20:48:39
March 17 2011 20:47 GMT
#151
[B]On March 16 2011 22:20 Deadlyfish wrote:
For like 7months of the year i live in Panama, and you feel like a sort of king there. While everyone is discussing their 0,5 K/D ratio in CoD, i just watch over them knowing how much better Starcraft 2 is, and how i'm so much better than them, which is at least very nice
So i guess it isnt all bad :D

What a sad, miserable life you must have, you give nerds a bad name tbh.
SC2 is not better than CoD and for a reason (mass appeal can be regarded as a quality), but actually those are two different games so your dumb comparison is uncalled for.

Regarding the topic - I too would love if more people I know would play SC2, but seems that it just doesn't hold up the interest. Starting players dread online games so much, and lesser players easily give up even if they've only lost few games, but I guess that's the curse of any RTS.
SOOO MANY BANELINGS!!!!
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
March 17 2011 20:50 GMT
#152
Sc2 is too non-rewarding of a game, I have like 20 friends that started playing, right now 0 plays at a regular base (I for one only watch gsl, iem and now tsl/nasl )
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
March 17 2011 21:01 GMT
#153
On March 18 2011 05:50 noD wrote:
Sc2 is too non-rewarding of a game, I have like 20 friends that started playing, right now 0 plays at a regular base (I for one only watch gsl, iem and now tsl/nasl )


I don't know how a new player sees it (someone that never played SC or RTS games), but I find SC2 very rewarding. Each game I play is either a stressful loss, that I want to learn how to avoid, or an victory, where I feel my job is complete, and that I earned something.

Also, there are tons of achievements =P

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Svartstol
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 22:49:01
March 17 2011 22:47 GMT
#154
If anyone wants to play vs a gold toss add linda-_-@live.se i play on EU, nationality doesnt matter at all!

Oh and also don't be afraid to add just for chatting and such even if you are above/under my level of skill, I'm quite social!
angxiii
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3 Posts
March 17 2011 23:11 GMT
#155
I have a similar problems, with my friends I had before I played SC2, we all got it around the same time. Actually 2 of them for my bday got it for me, and everyone else started getting it.

We all played about the same amount, but the skill level was just wayyyy to different, they in bronze, I got put in platinum. Then few months later into Masters.

It sucks that it discourages alot of them to play knowing that I got wayyyy better than they did, but I want to teach them how to play. I have a goal to make at least one of my 6 friends that have the game get promoted to at least gold league from where they are.


Other than that, I found a lot of players in my area that share the same philosophies (if you want to call them that) of SC2 as I do, and made new friends that way.
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
March 17 2011 23:11 GMT
#156
On March 18 2011 06:01 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2011 05:50 noD wrote:
Sc2 is too non-rewarding of a game, I have like 20 friends that started playing, right now 0 plays at a regular base (I for one only watch gsl, iem and now tsl/nasl )


I don't know how a new player sees it (someone that never played SC or RTS games), but I find SC2 very rewarding. Each game I play is either a stressful loss, that I want to learn how to avoid, or an victory, where I feel my job is complete, and that I earned something.

Also, there are tons of achievements =P

//tx


You are not awarded by playing, but for winning, so it's too stressful sometimes, and achivements are sooooooo meh ....
plus if u start mixing games u will end up getting really bad in sc2, it requires full time...
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
March 17 2011 23:13 GMT
#157
I guess I'm lucky, I have atleast 5 friends who either play SC2 pretty consistently and/or watch the GSL. :D
http://www.starcraftdream.com
RogueStatus
Profile Joined August 2010
266 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 23:19:31
March 17 2011 23:18 GMT
#158
Zero irl friends who are into it. One friend I've developed through playing. ISO more.

I skype/mumble etc. I love to have fun while playing, try new things and sometimes troll and bm opponents. Add me up!
suparman
Profile Joined March 2011
10 Posts
March 17 2011 23:42 GMT
#159
Hey you guys from Australia!

Do you guys go to Aus-1 channel ? Because from time to time there will be mates there lol.

Are you blokes from Sydney?
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
March 17 2011 23:47 GMT
#160
Almost every school has a gaming/sc club/team/whatever where you can probably meet other ppl who share your interest. If not, you could always start one here on TL and meet ppl that way.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft516
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft516
SpeCial 100
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 156
Noble 85
Hyuk 54
NaDa 50
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm139
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Counter-Strike
taco 64
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox522
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4241
Khaldor574
Other Games
summit1g7857
FrodaN1623
Coldzera 812
shahzam647
JimRising 471
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe167
ViBE70
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King45
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21271
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 28m
Online Event
10h 28m
FEL
15h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.