• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9749 users

Lack of friends with SC2 interest? - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Cyanocyst
Profile Joined October 2010
2222 Posts
March 16 2011 18:47 GMT
#101
None of my friends, play ScBw or Sc2. Ill admit it sucks. Not just for the lack of ability to practice and learn the game better with my friends in a non pressure environment, but also because i have no one to talk about all the Sc2 tournament leagues.

Truth be told, i really don't hang out with my friends any more. Most the time their doing things i don't have any interest in, and vice versa.

While SC2 may have been the final tipping point, its not the only reason for loosing interest in my friends. I've always been very different from my friends, very different opinions on a lot of topics. An outsider looking in would wonder why we were friends for so long, with so many differences.

So on a friday when my friends wanna do something. I would much rather hang out, wait for GSL to come on.
|| Fruit Dealer | Leenock | Yughio | Coca | Sniper | True | Solar | Dark |
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
March 16 2011 18:50 GMT
#102
You watch all those and you're still bronze? How does that happen :p
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
March 16 2011 21:54 GMT
#103
On March 17 2011 03:50 infinity2k9 wrote:
You watch all those and you're still bronze? How does that happen :p



Well I didnt play as much untill some time ago, and I am one of those who just consume redicilous amounts of SC2 media but when it comes to applying it ingame I still got shitloads to learn. BUt I made a thread about it in the Strategy Forum =)

And again, big thanks to EVERYONE, Ive gotten alot of PM's and what you have written in the thread and this thread has gone bigger and became more useful than I thought =). This shows again what an amazing community TL really is.
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
DoctorPhil
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 22:35:10
March 16 2011 22:32 GMT
#104
Absolutely nobody I know plays this game. I'm so ronery. If i have some friends to discuss the game and practice with I know I can escape this cursed #1diamond and get into masters. Any high diamond/any masters people want a top diamond protoss training partner? :>

None of my friends, play ScBw or Sc2. Ill admit it sucks. Not just for the lack of ability to practice and learn the game better with my friends in a non pressure environment, but also because i have no one to talk about all the Sc2 tournament leagues.

Truth be told, i really don't hang out with my friends any more. Most the time their doing things i don't have any interest in, and vice versa.
Are you a clone of me? It's uncanny how much this sounds like me.
TheRPGAddict
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1403 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 22:35:47
March 16 2011 22:34 GMT
#105
I am in a bad situation like this too. My friends dont even play PC games they just play RPGs on their Xbox's. Nothing much you can do though. I set up a stream trying to curb their interest a little bit and they enjoy it but not enough to invest in a PC to play it.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
March 16 2011 22:41 GMT
#106
I know what you mean; not having friends as practice partners is quite a big detriment to one's growth.

I too have been getting some of my friends into Starcraft (and pretty much everything else I introduce them, they have been accepting) but they don't have the passion and/or the intellect to play Starcraft at a high enough level. This is disappointing to me, of course... it would be so fun to have a couple friends that play different races and be able to grind games (you and your friends at equal levels too of course) and chat or discuss while spectating.

Anyway, if you have some friends that are even remotely interested, or perhaps not at all, get them to learn about the greatness of Starcraft. Tell them about the millionaire progamers, the huge prizes, the celebrity statuses of progamers, the TV channels, the scope of the tournaments (largest attendance higher than largest attendance of Superbowl!) etc. Try to do it slowly of course... but it depends on the person and your relationship with them I guess xD.

Just make it really clear that progaming is LEGIT and is luxurious. After all, who wouldn't want all those gaming hours to be productive? (Incentive to play Starcraft =D)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
DensitY
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand74 Posts
March 16 2011 22:46 GMT
#107
I'm in the same boat really.

I have 1 friend who plays regularly (but is considerably better than me) and the rest simply only play once a blue moon or played sc2 purely for the single player side of it. Bugs me a lot because way back in the old Quakeworld days, just about all of my friends played and we'd have biweekly tournaments to see who is the best. Was great motivation to improve.

Stratoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Czech Republic129 Posts
March 16 2011 22:51 GMT
#108
Is there anyone with interest in SC2, Day[9] and all that good jazz, BUT plays Brood War only? Or SC2 + BW.. the thing is I can only play Brood War, but I'm interested in SC2 tournaments etc. Which makes it even harder to find friends to play/share with.
If there's anyone like me, let me know. I'm a D- protoss interested in loosing in as many fun matches as possible.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 22:58:15
March 16 2011 22:55 GMT
#109
Only have 1 rl friend that knows what SC2 is really. So happens to also be my BF since kindergarden lol. It's amazing after 15yrs we still have the same interests when it comes to games.

Other than that I haven't met a single person who knows what SC2 is or has the same interests in games.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
March 16 2011 22:58 GMT
#110
I have a bunch of friends who play! just, theyre all Silver/Bronze
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
March 16 2011 23:06 GMT
#111
I think whats tough is that Team games in SC2 really pale in comparison to 1v1s. 1v1 format is so engrossing and intense and challenging and then you play a team game and its usually... tier one rushes into messy transitions. The only fun I have in team games is when I queue up for 4s with a group of 2 or 3 of us so we can make fun of the 4th guy that built 6 marines in 20 minutes after the game. Everyone once in a while random 4s can get really engaging and fun, but SC2 is not a team game IMO even though there are options for it. 1v1 is so much better and since its pretty rare for you and your buddies to all be around the same level its hard to have good games. Im lucky to have 2 friends that both can compete and make for some really engaging 1v1 matches, theyre both high diamond and im masters.
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
March 17 2011 01:14 GMT
#112
I guess Im not alone in this situation at least =), anyway there the TLKOTH channel on EU bnet now for people interested, Im online pretty much everyday.

Lets just be glad that we are many that have this problem and we can help eachother out =)
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
March 17 2011 05:37 GMT
#113
Gotta say was a very pleasent experience today joining some of the suggested chat channels and talking to ppl, prolly most fun Ive had yet on bnet, chatting and laddering =). Even managed to play customs with a gold zerg :D
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
mufin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States616 Posts
March 17 2011 05:49 GMT
#114
its always going to be that way if you don't put forth effort to find like minded people that share your interests. You can see if anyone made a thread for local sc2 players in your area and setup a meetup to watch a GSL finals or something.
I only make 5 actions per minute. But since I use all my time deliberating and planning, my 5 actions are so brutally devastating that children cry out and grown men weep.
frozt_
Profile Joined January 2011
United States234 Posts
March 17 2011 06:07 GMT
#115
You don't just go into starcraft with friends you just meet people a long the way like Day9 did. Put yourselves out there on the blogs and you guys can find some starcraft buddies. I mean what more do we need we all love starcraft and we all have that in common go! gl guys
Practice and dedication reveals the greatness within a player
Reithan
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States360 Posts
March 17 2011 06:13 GMT
#116
I wish I had more people that played SC2 the same way I do. LOL

I have 2-3 good friends that play often, but all they're really interested in is 3v3/4v4 and sometimes 2v2 if no one else is on.

My wife and my son are somewhat interested, but having trouble getting into the game, really, it's not extremely new-player-friendly, imo.

Would be awesome to have a practice partner that I actually know IRL. Oh well...*shrug*
http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/Xanthus730 ***** http://www.twitch.tv/reithan
jdreamer
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia296 Posts
March 17 2011 06:49 GMT
#117
I used to have 1-2 friends like this.. playing SC2 regularly with me, almost everyday. We talked so much about build orders, programers and whenever we have koreans pass by us in the city or something, we'll even joke about "they must have very high APM"...

Too bad.. after sometimes, they stopped playing that often and started to move on to something else.
My life for Aiur!
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 17 2011 10:16 GMT
#118
Me and my friends all planed to buy sc2 on the release date, I was the only who bought it. They still have yet to buy it. They used to play allot of fastest in bw, though i played melee.
My constant talk about sc2 has made them decide not to buy the game.

Now I have no daily friends or close friends online to play additivity every day and night with. Makes me not play as much. I really enjoy a good 1vs1. With working coming back into the picture soon I really want to enjoy these last few weeks.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
KMARTRULES
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia474 Posts
March 17 2011 10:20 GMT
#119
I have 2 friends who bought sc2 because of me and we played a lot of 2v2 and 3v3 but they weren't as in to it as me and never 1v1'd with me. Another friend of mine is starting to get into it, He is in to Cod4 esports so the idea isn't strange to him. He prefers to watch Australian players because he has no interest in others.
gamecrazy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States421 Posts
March 17 2011 10:23 GMT
#120
I had only one friend who I actually used to play BW with. I have another who still watches so much PL all the time, but he refuses to play. I'm the only one who ever reached anything over D on iccup for sure.

I also have quite a number of friends who have bought SC2, played it, and are still playing it. Most of them are absolutely terrible at 1v1 and never take my advice seriously despite asking for it. I don't know what it is about being a competitive RTS gamer, but we seem to all be few and far between.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft516
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft516
SpeCial 100
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 156
Noble 85
Hyuk 54
NaDa 50
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm139
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Counter-Strike
taco 64
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox522
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4241
Khaldor574
Other Games
summit1g7857
FrodaN1623
Coldzera 812
shahzam647
JimRising 471
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe167
ViBE70
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King45
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21271
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 27m
Online Event
10h 27m
FEL
15h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.