• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:08
CEST 13:08
KST 20:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

Lack of friends with SC2 interest? - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
ggofthejungle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Romania392 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 15:36:21
March 16 2011 15:29 GMT
#61
You can't make your friends play sc2 if they don't like it. So you FIND sc2 friends.

How?

You obviously want them to be in the same town as you, so you can meet with them, have LAN parties, etc . This is what I did for my city - Chicago. Put them together.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=178194

On March 16 2011 22:26 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Well look, you just made a thread that's gotten a ton of replies of people in the same boat. BW Lan required people in the same room but BNet suffices for people all over. Why don't you guys make a chat and get together online?

Why don't you guys use the TL COMMUNITY SECTION to make REGIONAL threads for your town/urban area? I met tons of people this way. Make it organized, have people PM you their email because having their SC2 ID does no good when they're not online.

YOU!! Yes, right now, you, the guy who thinks there are no SC2 friends in your town, go to the search function, search for your town/area. Don't just search for "Sweden" - Sweden is big. Don't just search for "Ohio" - Ohio is big.

If there is no thread in the TL community section about your city, MAKE ONE, but don't do what these guys did.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=161450
or
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=168119
or
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=124304
or
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199857
or
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=161205
(one where no one really took initiative)

What's the point of asking "I'm just curious to see how many StarCraft 2 players actually live in the <insert location> area.."

OF COURSE THERE ARE PLAYERS INTERESTED. Have a way to contact them, not TL PMs. "I'll check here from time to time" doesn't work. EMAIL is the best.

Good luck.
AndyBear
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
March 16 2011 15:33 GMT
#62
I only have 1 friend thats sorta in Sc2, getting him to play 2v2 with me is a chore most of the time, and 1v1 isn't even an option for him. At least we're both into watching GSL and other SC tourneys, just wish he liked playing it just as much lol. I need more IRL Sc2 friends :[.
Chevron42
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands15 Posts
March 16 2011 15:45 GMT
#63
The other day I had a party in my house, one of the guests came up to me and said 'You have a pretty nice mouse, you play Starcraft?'.

That was fun. I showed him some replays and we chatted about the game. At any rate, I have an incredible lack of time but I'm always up for a chat about the game or a friendly game or two. I live in Groningen, Netherlands. EU bnet. Silver/Gold level.
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 10:44:06
March 16 2011 15:50 GMT
#64
On March 16 2011 23:56 frontliner2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 21:55 Rylaji wrote:
Well, I watched the #269 of Day9 daily last night(night for me at least!) and he talked about the importance of getting together with ppl you know and have fun while playing. This got me thinking, I really dont have ANYONE I know that plays SC2 on a regular basis, and noone who shares my passion for it. I mean I watch every GSL and other tournies I can get my hands on. I watched all of IEM and TSL's etc etc, I refresh TL.net all the time to look for good streams etc.

But I have noone I know who is the same, this made me kinda "sad". I would love to do what Day9 said and have 4-5 friends and have a mini KOTH going some night, having the ones not playing atm spectating and having fun on Skype etc.

Is there any way to sort this out? I mean I cant force my friends to play but is there some place or site where I can find people? And I dont mean practice partners etc only, I am only Bronze so I dunno if that is even neccissary but I mean people to play and watch streams with and discuss other than just this forum, or the live stream chats .


Any ideas? And to get something else to talk about, how often do you play with your friends like KOTH or similiar? Discuss!


hi man, if you want to play with me feel free to add me.
EDIT* my REALID and I'm on europe too

Request: If you do add me, please send me a PM so we can hook up for the first game
Also then I will actually know to loot out for you


CYA LATER BRO

**EDIT with PM I mean PM on TL.net



Wouldnt it bother you that ure so many leagues above me? , I mean I would prolly learn loads from it but you wouldnt really get anything out of stomping me? ^^

I'll add you anyway =)

As for the rest of you, thanks for making this thread better than I expected. TL deliver yet again. Sadly I dont live the US so things like CSL and such isnt available =/.

I'll check that Valor thingy out tho. Also I'll bejoining "lonelyhearts" channel when Im online :D


EDIT; Im not fussy about region, its not about finding swedes for me, just ppl in general.
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
HornyHerring
Profile Joined March 2011
Papua New Guinea1059 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 15:53:05
March 16 2011 15:52 GMT
#65
I'm in a similar situation, feel free to add me HornyHerring.181 EU.
oh, hai
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
March 16 2011 15:54 GMT
#66
On March 17 2011 00:52 HornyHerring wrote:
I'm in a similar situation, feel free to add me HornyHerring.181 EU.



will do when I log on in a couple of hours =)
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
ChaseR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Norway1004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 15:57:34
March 16 2011 15:56 GMT
#67
Welcome to Scandinavia Rylaji :/ where only one of 100k are hardcore SC gamers, you could probably count the amount of Masters in Norway on both hands lol x_x
Life is not Fucking Fair and Society is not Fucking Logical - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
March 16 2011 16:01 GMT
#68
I'm also in the same situation, add me for some games.

shell #904
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
March 16 2011 16:06 GMT
#69
You probably have a community around you and you may not know about it. Starcraft is very popular everywhere just ask around TL if there are any SC fans in the area and you guys could get together meet up and then swap Battlenet ideas and play together and make new friends. Than when your other friends see you hanging with these cool new dudes it might spark an interest in them playing as well :D
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
March 16 2011 16:08 GMT
#70
I wish I had your problems :-p. I really love SC2 (and loved BW), but I literally have almost no time to play due to RL constraints (mainly job and family). *sigh*. And if one plays only occasionally and at the strangest of times, you have no chance to really make friends or find practice partners.
Even though I have two friends who are quite a bit into SC2 (not toooo much though), we almost never have time to play. This is frustrating at times and I wished I had more times to play and to get rid of my somewhat rusty mechanics.


Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
March 16 2011 16:14 GMT
#71
I actually have the same problem. I need someone to watch games with but none of my friends are interested in Starcraft. Feel free to add me ingame or on msn if you use it: Animzor@gmail.com
papyrus
Profile Joined August 2010
Philippines716 Posts
March 16 2011 16:19 GMT
#72
living in a third world country where forgodsaken DotA is the staple video game, i dont have RL friends that play sc2. and I have two friends that i met in local forums but now they are inactive. now back to laddering alone. It would be better that you have friends to play with just like day9 said. Sometimes its so stale and boring to play alone. Hope i can find active players in my area soon.
Cfood
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States46 Posts
March 16 2011 16:20 GMT
#73
In terms of practice partners/friends to help improve your gameplay, I honestly get a lot of mine through random custom games. I will just join up and right before I win or lose I back off or send a plea for them to back off and ask for feedback on my play. More often then not, they are really nice and tell me what they liked and didn't like followed up by an invitation for a rematch so I can specifically work on the aforementioned problems/holes in my play.

It gives me a broad range of perspectives and generates a lot of friendly conversation.
"I long for the raised voice, the howl of rage or love." -Leslie Fiedler
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
March 16 2011 16:21 GMT
#74
I'm always happy to help a noob further their love an understanding of the game.

NerVFourOTwo
645

Just send me a whisper in game, and I'll respond when I see it. I also enjoy playing vs people in the lower leagues since I don't have to take it seriously at all, and yet I can still help the person I'm playing against a lot. Just gotta have some fun ya know?

But seriously, if you want a random goodish dude on your friend list, hit me up. Im generally nice xD
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
Firesemi
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia87 Posts
March 16 2011 16:23 GMT
#75
tldr: (sorry) join a clan like mine, The Art of War (Taw.net) we're a hugely friendly bunch thats well organised (over 100 members) if your talking IRL people then i guess the best you can do is post on here and look up other country specific sites.
Hile
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
March 16 2011 16:24 GMT
#76
hey lets not divide the channels up into national things, there won't be anywhere near enough people in TLKOTHUK lol. i say just go in TLKOTH channel for koth metal tonight?
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
CidO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States695 Posts
March 16 2011 16:25 GMT
#77
I've been in the same boat off and on. I've got 2 friends who actively play SC2, but both are... how to put it... not as good as me? without sounding like a dick of course >.> But I occasionally play 3v3s with them, they moved to san antonio so not much RL gathering for GSL going on. There are plenty of people at the university of Texas here who love SC2, but as much as i love SC/2 i have a big distaste for going on UT campus (it's essentially hell for anyone who doesn't go to school there) so I'm left with my roommate who has a copy but is a fighting game jockey and randoms. Couple that with work and travel for work and it's rough

Best way to go would be to join some sort of league for your skill level or "clan/Team" for your skill level and get to know them. You can still skype a call and watch GSL, skype/vent a king of the hill and before you know it, a community can be born (almost like a star being born, but without the million degrees)
:P
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 16:28:15
March 16 2011 16:26 GMT
#78
I feel you!
None of my friends were in any way interested in video games. It Kinda sux, because would be so much more fun if you could meet up and talk about games amongst the usual things. Then again I live in some shitty place.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
March 16 2011 16:45 GMT
#79
It would be great to find some good skilled players in my area (Milwaukee) to get with and improve our mechanics and game-sense with. I'll be moving back to the Tampa area in a few months and UCF is pretty decent so maybe I can get with those guys (I'll have a lot of free time until spring semester starts in January, so I'll be playing SC2 for like 12 hours a day for about 4-5 months).

If anyone would like to get together on BNET/Skype for some good practice games and analysis send me a PM/Invite -- Wegandi.442.

Just a little history on me -- was top 3 in RA 95 for 6 years. Then switched to AoK and was one of the top players for a few years in that and same with AoE III. Never really played SC since I was a Red Alert player and then found AoK instead of SC Lots of RTS experience and good mechanics looking to continue to keep getting better. (My TvT is absolutely atrocious so any help here would be magnificent!) (MMR currently ~3100 -- For comparison SeleCT is 3700)

NA Server. Also, anyone in the Milwaukee/Tampa/St. Pete areas send me a PM if you are serious about SC2!
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
March 16 2011 16:51 GMT
#80
My friends all played like 50 games of the ladder in the beta, and for them the competition was too high, too competitive, and they all quit quite quickly. None of them wanted to learn and hammer down builds, they just wanted to win, and not put any effort into it. In the end they did a good amount of custom games but even those stopped.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko281
SpeCial 80
ProTech46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15597
firebathero 2332
Bisu 1007
Hyuk 656
Horang2 501
Larva 313
BeSt 258
Light 211
Mini 203
EffOrt 148
[ Show more ]
Soma 130
Rush 101
Leta 89
Barracks 78
ZerO 68
Mong 61
Pusan 54
Killer 49
ToSsGirL 42
Sharp 39
Shinee 36
Yoon 35
Snow 33
Aegong 31
Mind 29
NaDa 27
Sexy 26
sorry 21
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 19
zelot 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
JulyZerg 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sea.KH 11
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 285
Fuzer 171
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss876
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1141
Khaldor1115
Other Games
gofns27667
singsing1935
olofmeister1145
B2W.Neo244
Mew2King84
Livibee65
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH121
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 52m
OSC
10h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 52m
Online Event
23h 52m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.