• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:08
CEST 13:08
KST 20:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

Lack of friends with SC2 interest? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
March 16 2011 14:19 GMT
#41
I have 4 friends who play SC2 (my girlfriend included), but none of them ever want to play 1v1's because I beat them too often ;_;

I also have a cousin and a brother that I'm trying to get into SC2, but they also have a phobia of competition in games; my cousin will only play games he will handily beat me at, and I guess I beat my brother so many times at fighting games that he doesn't want to compete with me anymore ;_;

I might be going to college in montréal, though, and when I do, I should be able to find some people to play starcraft with that'll be better than me!
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
March 16 2011 14:19 GMT
#42
Well finding practice partner that are at the similar level of yourself is very hard sometimes, I mean yes you can say "I am bronze" but there are like 100 diff types of Bronze players =(
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
Cyn.ful
Profile Joined April 2010
United States89 Posts
March 16 2011 14:26 GMT
#43
My best friend bought the game but he's known to never stick to one damn game <_< He does like RTS. If only I can get him to play with me. If I can find someone to play with IRL I would enjoy the game so much more. I wonder when's the next NYC TL meet would love to go.
duedel
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany92 Posts
March 16 2011 14:37 GMT
#44
What may help you is this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=183961

I am in about the same situation and stumbled across this thread. I joined some channels and stayed there for a while, watching for games//players/general activity of the channel.
I also copied some names from the NA server and the channel that "helped" me most in EU was "obs". Just stay there and you can invite people to your games(just 1on1 without obs or these KotH maps for example) or you'll get invited to games of other players to obs/play.
You'll find people from masters to bronze in there, at least from my experience. So you can try this and maybe you'll find some "friends" at your level.

(Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this was posted before)
ilikeLIONZ
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany427 Posts
March 16 2011 14:40 GMT
#45
it's the same for me, not one of my friends is interested in sc2, not even in esports. guess i'll remain the black sheep in that case, my attempts to get some of them involved failed
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
March 16 2011 14:46 GMT
#46
On March 16 2011 23:40 ilikeLIONZ wrote:
it's the same for me, not one of my friends is interested in sc2, not even in esports. guess i'll remain the black sheep in that case, my attempts to get some of them involved failed


Similar here, except for me it's collegues instead of friends. I got 3 to try out SC2 and in 3v1 they now manage to beat me after some time, but except for maybe once a week playing against me they don't play at all nor do they care about the pro scene (though after i introduced them to some custom maps, they play colony line wars and nexus wars from time to time).

Sadly i couldn't find a single player from my region (Flensburg, Schleswig-Holstein). I'll go on a LAN not far from here next month and there is a SC2 tournament there... i hope to meet a few more players there, hopefully someone on a similar skill level.
RedJustice
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1004 Posts
March 16 2011 14:52 GMT
#47
I guess I am lucky... Friends introduced me to SC2, and so they all play. None of us is uberpro, but we get together on weekends and play 3v3s and 4v4s until 8 am sometimes. One of my friends who is more serious than the others (like myself) watches streams and showmatches with me online and things like that. He also gets all my sc2 jokes. If you are at a university of any decent size, I'd say you can probably find some other people who love sc2. Might not be people you've met before, but sc2 is a great bonder, haha.
jmack
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 14:54:32
March 16 2011 14:53 GMT
#48
On March 16 2011 22:26 Antisocialmunky wrote:
Well look, you just made a thread that's gotten a ton of replies of people in the same boat. BW Lan required people in the same room but BNet suffices for people all over. Why don't you guys make a chat and get together online?


On March 16 2011 23:19 Morfildur wrote:
Lets just all create a TLKOTH channel on our servers, should solve the problems. If you want it more national, an additional TLKOTH SWE, TLKOTH DE, TLKOTH DK, ... should be possible, too.



These guys are right, in person is great and all, but BNET pretty much handles everything you need to have a long distance lan (observer mod/chat) So if we just get everyone feeling the same way into an active practice channel(tlpickup does not count), and maybe sub channels for skill ranges it will work out.

One suggestion though, I say we name the channel, "lonelyhearts" :D.

Edit: Why on earth isn't there a way to bookmark channels, having like 9 to reopen is annoying.
" (THEY DID IT THEY DID IT FXO DID IT!!! OMG John Lennon Toto destroyer LOLOLOLOLOL) " - Korean Reaction to QXC all killing team IM and destroying safe bets everywhere.
Titio
Profile Joined August 2010
France237 Posts
March 16 2011 14:54 GMT
#49
On March 16 2011 21:55 Rylaji wrote:
Well, I watched the #269 of Day9 daily last night(night for me at least!) and he talked about the importance of getting together with ppl you know and have fun while playing. This got me thinking, I really dont have ANYONE I know that plays SC2 on a regular basis, and noone who shares my passion for it. I mean I watch every GSL and other tournies I can get my hands on. I watched all of IEM and TSL's etc etc, I refresh TL.net all the time to look for good streams etc.

But I have noone I know who is the same, this made me kinda "sad". I would love to do what Day9 said and have 4-5 friends and have a mini KOTH going some night, having the ones not playing atm spectating and having fun on Skype etc.

Is there any way to sort this out? I mean I cant force my friends to play but is there some place or site where I can find people? And I dont mean practice partners etc only, I am only Bronze so I dunno if that is even neccissary but I mean people to play and watch streams with and discuss other than just this forum, or the live stream chats .


Any ideas? And to get something else to talk about, how often do you play with your friends like KOTH or similiar? Discuss!



You should hang around on GameCreds sometimes, that's exactly what the site has been designed for :D

Granted, it's invaded by Frenchmen and the site can be hard to navigate sometimes, but I bet you'll find pple here who share your passion (I mean, it's sc2-oriented!)


As for me, I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of firends playing the game
Not all of them are very "gifted" at sc2, so I kinda let go of my ambitions to grind the 2v2/3v3 ladder though, but it's still fun playing with them
FinalForm
Profile Joined August 2010
United States450 Posts
March 16 2011 14:55 GMT
#50
If you are going to a university, do some research on the Colleagiate StarLeauge(CSL), you may find that your school has a team, so those would be great people to meet and practice with IRL, there are tons on universities competing in CSL
Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
March 16 2011 14:55 GMT
#51
I have 2 friends who play fairly regular.. however neither goes near ladder.. they play each other in games that last for hours. They'll occasionally play me, I'll win and they'll proclaim I'm too good and never play me again for months.. (I'm bronze...) and they'll go back to 1 hour 1v1s with each other, not playing ladder, nothing. but if you talk to them, they try and talk as if they know what they're saying about strategy and stuff and its frustrating.
戦いの中に答えはある
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 15:36:35
March 16 2011 14:56 GMT
#52
On March 16 2011 21:55 Rylaji wrote:
Well, I watched the #269 of Day9 daily last night(night for me at least!) and he talked about the importance of getting together with ppl you know and have fun while playing. This got me thinking, I really dont have ANYONE I know that plays SC2 on a regular basis, and noone who shares my passion for it. I mean I watch every GSL and other tournies I can get my hands on. I watched all of IEM and TSL's etc etc, I refresh TL.net all the time to look for good streams etc.

But I have noone I know who is the same, this made me kinda "sad". I would love to do what Day9 said and have 4-5 friends and have a mini KOTH going some night, having the ones not playing atm spectating and having fun on Skype etc.

Is there any way to sort this out? I mean I cant force my friends to play but is there some place or site where I can find people? And I dont mean practice partners etc only, I am only Bronze so I dunno if that is even neccissary but I mean people to play and watch streams with and discuss other than just this forum, or the live stream chats .


Any ideas? And to get something else to talk about, how often do you play with your friends like KOTH or similiar? Discuss!


hi man, if you want to play with me feel free to add me. [edited] is my REALID and I'm on europe too

Request: If you do add me, please send me a PM so we can hook up for the first game
Also then I will actually know to loot out for you


CYA LATER BRO

**EDIT with PM I mean PM on TL.net
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
MuteZephyr
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania448 Posts
March 16 2011 14:57 GMT
#53
On March 16 2011 21:59 Zorkmid wrote:
I don't think I've ever met a fellow SC2 fan in real life. I think we're all closeted.

I agree ^^

I think what I'm gonna do is just start wearing my TL shirt around my campus and hope that it acts as a sort of nerd-magnet, thus enabling me to find people interested in SC2. Sucks not having RL friends as into the scene as oneself.

At least TL is here for me ^^
I don't Micro, I FEMTO. That's 9 orders of magnitude more extreme.
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
March 16 2011 14:59 GMT
#54
Also if you add me I can include you in teamgames with some of my IRL friends

We play fun crazy build games and the guy I play most with and myself are around Diamond level

my other friends range from bronze to gold :S

:D


cya
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Cambam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States360 Posts
March 16 2011 15:06 GMT
#55
Check out the CSL. You can see if your college or a college near you has a team and get in contact with them.
Overpowered
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic764 Posts
March 16 2011 15:07 GMT
#56
Few my friends were playing and sometimes they still 2v2, but they dont care about the game anymore. Only one I think
Just another gold Protoss...
Elektrobear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
108 Posts
March 16 2011 15:16 GMT
#57
You should consider joining Valor Starleague, a league/environment aimed at players like yourself. You'll be put in a team consisting of players from bronze to diamond, be able to participate in weekly league games, random smaller scheduled events like tournaments and fun cups, and also just hang out with fellow Valor players, participate in koth's, obs games and get practice and advise.

Season 2 is starting soon so sign up if you're interested!

www.valorstarleague.com/forum
seph`
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria329 Posts
March 16 2011 15:16 GMT
#58
back in bw times i only had 1 rl friend who shared the passion for the game, we played alot, created sone maps, etc.
i tried to share this stuff in 09, but nobody seemed interested b/c of the graphics etc. .
when sc2 came out, i tried it again, let them play vs ki, showed some por-games;

status now:
ive 4 friends, were totally new to sc2, one of them is diamond and rips me apart
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
March 16 2011 15:22 GMT
#59
Im sadly one of the best, if not the best sc2 player on my campus >.<

Whats worse is ANY time I hear somebody talking about starcraft in any way shape or form...they're talking as if they know the game really well n shit, but everything they say is just wrong....and when I ask them how they play and such, they mostly just say "oh we were talking about 2v2 strats." or "oh ya I'm in silver league"

I have gotten a few of my friends to go from thinking starcraft is on par with WoW in terms of stupid, to actually being excited during a reallly epic game I'm watching while they're over or something. Its just that nobody will fucking play the game....meh, I did meet a korean dude though who saw me playing in the food court place, came up next to me and said "oh did you play starcraft 1 much? I'm KOREAN(much emphasis on this word xD)" ^.^

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to bribe somebody into watching MLG with me.....
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
BGrael
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany229 Posts
March 16 2011 15:23 GMT
#60
I only now 3 people irl that play starcraft. None of them plays any 1v1. Sometimes we play 2v2 and 3v3. Not that 2v2 are not fun, but playing 1v1s with people you know is much much more fun (I know that from BW).
I also tried getting them into watching SC2, I actually invited them to watch Jinro vs. MC in GSL3 (witch turned out to be a pretty bad idea, since 3 of 4 games where one sided and boring). Sometimes now they actually watch stuff and we can talk, but nobody around me is as interested as me.

I think a good way is introducing people you already know to SC2. Or maybe organize a local tournament or something. I think I will do that eventually at our university,that would actually bring a lot of people together, but I haven't had the time yet. I'm sure now is the best time to do it, though.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko281
SpeCial 80
ProTech46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15597
firebathero 2332
Bisu 1007
Hyuk 656
Horang2 501
Larva 313
BeSt 258
Light 211
Mini 203
EffOrt 148
[ Show more ]
Soma 130
Rush 101
Leta 89
Barracks 78
ZerO 68
Mong 61
Pusan 54
Killer 49
ToSsGirL 42
Sharp 39
Shinee 36
Yoon 35
Snow 33
Aegong 31
Mind 29
NaDa 27
Sexy 26
sorry 21
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 19
zelot 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
JulyZerg 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sea.KH 11
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 285
Fuzer 171
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss876
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1141
Khaldor1115
Other Games
gofns27667
singsing1935
olofmeister1145
B2W.Neo244
Mew2King84
Livibee65
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH121
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 52m
OSC
10h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 52m
Online Event
23h 52m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.