• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9129 users

[Q&A] Official NASL Thread - Page 57

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 100 Next
Before you post, read the title of this thread slowly and out loud.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 24 2011 21:21 GMT
#1121
I think I've responded pretty professionally and competently to all questions and criticisms thus far, have I not? Don't worry... many more questions will be answered in the next few days - we haven't forgotten about this thread !
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
February 24 2011 21:22 GMT
#1122
i think there should be OPEN QUALIFIERS for some of the 50 spots and not just 1 open for the 16 what do you guys think of this ?
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
February 24 2011 21:23 GMT
#1123
On February 25 2011 06:21 Xeris wrote:
I think I've responded pretty professionally and competently to all questions and criticisms thus far, have I not? Don't worry... many more questions will be answered in the next few days - we haven't forgotten about this thread !


I think you've responded better than most have, however some of your answers contradict some things that Geoff and Russel have said. That is why I think having ONE clear voice who always has the correct answer is the way to go.
Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 24 2011 21:27 GMT
#1124
On February 25 2011 06:14 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 06:13 Chill wrote:
On February 25 2011 06:01 AlBundy wrote:
I have a question to the Moderators and TL staff who read this thread; will the NASL folks get a shiny new icon next to their TL username? sorry if it has already been answered.

No, of course not.

ehh, I think they should. IEM/GOM people do, makes them stand out ;p

IEM and GOM people have run tournaments. You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves - nothing has happened yet. AlBundy was just suggesting that all American teams move to California and set up team houses. Calm down and think rationally.
Moderator
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 21:30:31
February 24 2011 21:30 GMT
#1125
Good to hear your part of the story incontrol, and also the apology. I for one love your casts, and your sense of humor, but when i first saw this on reddit i was like "wtf". But im definitly willing to accept the apology etc, everyone makes misstakes, but not everyone admits it. So thank you, and good luck with NASL. I will definitly buy HQ stream! 3mbit/s = drooool!!!
God is dead.
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 21:38:35
February 24 2011 21:35 GMT
#1126
I'm sure you guys have a good reason, but I really don't like the lack of key information, such as sponsors, staffs, rules, and invitee's decision making. It almost feels like you announced NASL prematurely without figuring the the kinks. Or that NASL has something to hide. Either way, I hope you guys disseminate the info quickly as possible.
Don't mind me
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
February 24 2011 21:37 GMT
#1127
On February 25 2011 06:35 ptbl wrote:
I'm sure you guys have a good reason, but I really don't like the lack of key information, such as sponsors, staffs, rules, and invitee's decision making. It almost feels like you announced NASL prematurely without figuring the the kinks. Or that NASl has something to hide. Either way, I hope you guys disseminate the info quickly as possible.


Already said that the sponsors remain secret because they themselves have requested it.
God is dead.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
February 24 2011 21:37 GMT
#1128
Question:
Will the members of NASL staff affiliated with a team recuse themself from the selection of the 50 invites? In the NCAA men's basketball selections, there is 1 representative from every conference on the selection committee, but it's probably not feasible for NASL to have a representative from every team on the "selection committee" - so is there another fair way to handle this?
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
durbarak
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria54 Posts
February 24 2011 21:39 GMT
#1129
Question 1

Do you plan to have small prize-money for wins during divisional play?

Question 2

What kind of incentive will you use to ensure that matches between players in the no-mans-land - unable/low chances to qualify for playoffs and save from relegation - are still of importance?

Question 3

Do you have a timeframe for paying out prize-money? If you do, what is it?
"Oh, I see sth." "What did he build?" "He built a CIRCLE!"
Talkerst
Profile Joined October 2010
124 Posts
February 24 2011 21:40 GMT
#1130
On February 25 2011 06:22 GizmoPT wrote:
i think there should be OPEN QUALIFIERS for some of the 50 spots and not just 1 open for the 16 what do you guys think of this ?

The top 4 from the open qualifier will be seeded into the next season (think that's on the front page of the FAQ). NASL has not said yet if/how they will bring in additional people beyond that or how much changover there will be between seasons.
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
February 24 2011 21:41 GMT
#1131
I'm so tired of people freaking out about iNcontroL being the face of this organization, and I'm so tired of people ACTUALLY considering that this tournament could be bad for the growth of eSports. It's literally as if these people, Russell and iNcontroL and whoever else is behind it, are holding out fucking "eSports Growth and Success in North America" on a silver goddamn platter in front of the entire Starcraft community and everyone is saying "well, hmm, do we REALLY want Starcraft to succeed and grow? I forgot."

Look at what the NASL has given us! $400,000 tournament. Sensitivity to the community. World class players. Competent, responsible leadership. Gigantic sponsors and the possibility for mainstream exposure. It's literally EVERYTHING I thought Team Liquid ever wanted. We're never going to get anything better.
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
February 24 2011 21:42 GMT
#1132
On February 25 2011 06:21 Xeris wrote:
I think I've responded pretty professionally and competently to all questions and criticisms thus far, have I not? Don't worry... many more questions will be answered in the next few days - we haven't forgotten about this thread !


I feel like (hope not true) that you are avoiding a very important topic on the qualifications of NASL. I am concerned that the invite-only policy as well as the team policy restricts too many players from qualifying. I would like to know the reasoning behind these rules and the official viewpoint of the NASL when it comes to how these rules in your opinion will postively or negatively affect NASL's goal to have the top 50 players in the world play in this tournament.

I do realize this is a very long and thought out question. But I haven't gotten any feedback from this very specific concern and I've seen this topic come up many times, yet I still can't seem to find an answer. (even a "we are working on a response for you" will do btw)

I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but if you did could you tell me where I can find this information?

Thanks for all the time/effort put into the NASL I have no doubt that the NASL will suceed and I hope to hear from you soon.
peppelapuke
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1 Post
February 24 2011 21:49 GMT
#1133
Question:

Was the short season duration at the request of investors or organizers?
Would lengthier seasons (with perhaps a smaller prize pool) be more sustainable and provide better opportunity for polish?
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
February 24 2011 21:50 GMT
#1134
On February 25 2011 06:41 tsuxiit wrote:
I'm so tired of people freaking out about iNcontroL being the face of this organization, and I'm so tired of people ACTUALLY considering that this tournament could be bad for the growth of eSports. It's literally as if these people, Russell and iNcontroL and whoever else is behind it, are holding out fucking "eSports Growth and Success in North America" on a silver goddamn platter in front of the entire Starcraft community and everyone is saying "well, hmm, do we REALLY want Starcraft to succeed and grow? I forgot."

Look at what the NASL has given us! $400,000 tournament. Sensitivity to the community. World class players. Competent, responsible leadership. Gigantic sponsors and the possibility for mainstream exposure. It's literally EVERYTHING I thought Team Liquid ever wanted. We're never going to get anything better.


yes but what if I won 50million dollars (lotto max in canada lol) and decided to do what these guys are doing but with more money? And then I would personally decide who I think the top 50 players are and invite them? Of course we all want the league to suceed, but if the league in itself is corrupt it is bound to fail imo and won't help esports in NA grow. Please understand people have legitimate concerns about how the league is run before you assume everyone is out to get iNcontrol or anyone involved in the NASL.
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
February 24 2011 21:53 GMT
#1135
...you don't trust them to pick the 50 best players to compete in North America? What has indicated that they won't have the best competitor pool possible?
Tears.Of.The.Moon
Profile Joined September 2009
Slovenia715 Posts
February 24 2011 21:54 GMT
#1136
On February 25 2011 06:39 durbarak wrote:
Question 1

Do you plan to have small prize-money for wins during divisional play?

Question 2

What kind of incentive will you use to ensure that matches between players in the no-mans-land - unable/low chances to qualify for playoffs and save from relegation - are still of importance?



Yeah i'm also wondering about these two.


Question :
Since you plan to have 5 divisions and broadcast 5 days per week, will each divisions matches be played on a specific day, lets say divison 1 matches only on mondays, or will it be mixed?
ヽ(´ー`)┌
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 21:55:32
February 24 2011 21:54 GMT
#1137
bad post.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
February 24 2011 21:57 GMT
#1138
As much as nasl is trying to be it's on league and organization. I think they need to pick up on the way gomtv has run the gsl. There needs to be random drawn pick brackets(ie just stray away from this whole anti team kill). Nothing behind the scenes like before because it will just create animosity between the viewers. Save seeds til after the first tournament.

So my question is. How much of the tournament is set in stone. Ilwhich changes and concerns that the community has expressed will you take in to consideration
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Hammurabio
Profile Joined August 2010
152 Posts
February 24 2011 21:57 GMT
#1139
On February 25 2011 06:53 tsuxiit wrote:
...you don't trust them to pick the 50 best players to compete in North America? What has indicated that they won't have the best competitor pool possible?


They have limited it to 5 players per team. So if #6 on a team is in the top 50, he will be left out. And if other top 50 players are not on a sponsored team with a website, they cannot be invited either.
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
February 24 2011 21:59 GMT
#1140
I dont trust them because it is very biased (lets say for example specifically iNcontrol - sorry dude for picking on you so much today) . We all know that iNcontrol is the face of the league and will probably play in the league but how can they objectively pick 50 people when they're own organizers want a chance to win the prize...Without any thorough explanation on how the 50 are picked(without biases), how can you honestly say you trust them to pick the top players in the world (yes i say world because they ahve not limited qualifications to where you live, but what server you are able to play on.)

I again you hope you change your opinion on the matter and try and look at this objectively.
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 877
SteadfastSC560
EnkiAlexander 62
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 593
ZombieGrub160
JuggernautJason78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23121
Soulkey 272
Mini 173
White-Ra 139
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 16
League of Legends
Doublelift1552
Counter-Strike
fl0m1411
shoxiejesuss595
C9.Mang0159
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2691
Khaldor2400
Liquid`Hasu1902
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1899
B2W.Neo580
shahzam406
Pyrionflax206
summit1g141
UpATreeSC68
Trikslyr58
Dewaltoss50
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV388
League of Legends
• TFBlade1027
• Noizen187
Other Games
• Scarra1496
• imaqtpie1127
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
Stellar Fest
16h 37m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.