• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:17
CEST 06:17
KST 13:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8739 users

[Q&A] Official NASL Thread - Page 55

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 100 Next
Before you post, read the title of this thread slowly and out loud.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 24 2011 20:25 GMT
#1081
Question:

How can the average person help? It seems as far as I can tell, this is a 3 man show (with investors behind the scenes).
Moderator
DeckOneBell
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States526 Posts
February 24 2011 20:26 GMT
#1082
On February 25 2011 05:20 cheesemaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:49 ShadowLegacy wrote:
Question:

When Gretorp or yourself are playing who will be the fill in casters ?

If gretorp is accepted as a player in the tournament i will defenetly not take this tournament seriously, he is a sub par player at best who hasnt really even been in any tournaments that i can think of (or placed well at least) since the last MLG.


What IS your standard for a good player then? Because since this tournament is almost certain to include more NA players than any other region, there will likely be worse players than Gretorp included.

I don't like the team invite system, but your assertion is ridiculous.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
February 24 2011 20:27 GMT
#1083
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.
tsularesque
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada226 Posts
February 24 2011 20:30 GMT
#1084
On February 25 2011 05:26 DeckOneBell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:20 cheesemaster wrote:
On February 25 2011 04:49 ShadowLegacy wrote:
Question:

When Gretorp or yourself are playing who will be the fill in casters ?

If gretorp is accepted as a player in the tournament i will defenetly not take this tournament seriously, he is a sub par player at best who hasnt really even been in any tournaments that i can think of (or placed well at least) since the last MLG.


What IS your standard for a good player then? Because since this tournament is almost certain to include more NA players than any other region, there will likely be worse players than Gretorp included.

I don't like the team invite system, but your assertion is ridiculous.



I don't think this is the case. We don't have the amount of high-level tournaments that EU or KR have, and it's a lot more expensive to travel across NA to attend MLG or whatever. I think once we have a popular, large-scale tournament we'll be able to see the level of player calibre that exists here. There just isn't as much of an outlet yet.

Disclaimer: I don't think Gretorp is a bad player. But I don't think we're going to have disappointing games where everyone looks to be an amateur compared to non-NA players.
MechaCthulhu
Profile Joined November 2010
United States136 Posts
February 24 2011 20:32 GMT
#1085
On February 25 2011 05:27 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.


Yeah, they haven't announced any major changes in the two days since this thread started, therefore they're not listening to feedback. That's pretty logical.
That which can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
February 24 2011 20:33 GMT
#1086
Questions:

As I understand it, first season will be 50 invites of the best/most accomplished/popular players that apply to join, as long as there won't be more than 5 from a single team. There will be 5 groups of 10, where the 3 best from each group(15 total) move on to playoffs and joined by the winner of a 1024 man open tournament, and the 3 worst from each group will be out of the league.
How will the 15 spots in the league be filled?
Will those be 15 more invites judged by previous accomplishments and their application video?
Will the winner of the open get a spot in the league?
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
multiversed
Profile Joined December 2010
United States233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 20:36:31
February 24 2011 20:34 GMT
#1087
On February 25 2011 05:08 paksam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:48 multiversed- wrote:
On February 25 2011 04:36 paksam wrote:
On February 25 2011 04:26 multiversed- wrote:
i didn't confuse anything. it's all the same community regardless of what website you post on and the rules that they impose. and spoken like a true community member. what else do i owe you little guy?

that is not true at all, TeamLiquid is a community by itself imo. I personally don't visit the site only for starcraft related info but for many other reasons one being the news. And TL has its own rules, meaning you do need to follow them if you want to be a part of the community. You seem to be confused with the fact that TL does a lot more than just bring you starcraft related news.


just look at the way you worded that. it's as if just by posting on TL, the actions of people who contribute directly to the community and the respect they deserve somehow has something to do with you.

i don't want to invest anything further here. i fear it will get negative and i simply don't care if you share my opinions or not. you may freely ignore them.


I'm sorry if I offended you, but I feel like I need to respond because you have directly responded to me.I am simply telling you, that your definition of a community may be different (and you should explain yourself). I am sorry for saying what you said was untrue because now that I read your post again it is opinionated and obviously theres no right and wrong. But as someone who has joined the TL community recently, I never said that the respect they deserve has anything to do with me. But I think however if you actively try and sign up for TL (which clearly you have), you should try and follow the rules (and be somewhat courteous).

you have not offended me at all, to think that you that you had offends me.

I hope you don't feel like its not a personal attack on you because if you do, I apologize once again. I love TL and I am slowly seeing why there are so many rules.

edit: forgot a pretty important "not"


i'm using the definition of the word community. what definition are you using for the word community? i fear you are overlooking the fact that it is safe to assume that a large percentage of screddit posters also post on TL. this is getting awfully familiar(reddit)... i surely didn't mean to question your obvious authority over me. though i reckon the quality of my few post outweighs the value of a vast majority of your entire stock. funny how when we signed up has no bearing on the actual value of our posts or the level at which we are able to articulate ourselves. isn't it? but again, i submit. you have verbally rear naked choked me and my lifeless body has slumped to the dirty, dirty ground. i respect you.

people are always looking for an argument, especially on the internet.
Team Liquid is the used the tampon of the starcraft community.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 24 2011 20:35 GMT
#1088
On February 25 2011 05:27 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.

Post the list please.
Moderator
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
February 24 2011 20:36 GMT
#1089
On February 25 2011 05:32 jaearess wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:27 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.


Yeah, they haven't announced any major changes in the two days since this thread started, therefore they're not listening to feedback. That's pretty logical.


Which is interesting considering how inc always says he cannot understand how the extended series rule is still in play despite everyone hating it, yet everyone hates the team rule (don't give me that collusion thing, make them play first) and they seem like they refuse to budge.

Hope that rule goes, it's trash.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
michaelthe
Profile Joined February 2010
United States359 Posts
February 24 2011 20:36 GMT
#1090
On February 25 2011 05:27 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.


I am a little bit concerned that 2 out of 3 of the main people involved dont know anything about e-sports or SC2 and see it as nothing more than a business venture. Its great to have some people who know about the business side of things, but I sure hope they figure out the esports side as well.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
February 24 2011 20:37 GMT
#1091
So after reading the comments related to my previous post, I believe that now that there is a real NA league, it may be up to the pro Teams to make the next step towards western esports development.
These sponsored teams really should step up their game, move in California, get team houses and proclaim this State the "Mecca of NA esports". I don't know, it may not be the right solution, but I find it a bit silly, to say the least, that the fact that USA is a "big" country could be an hinderance.
Actually I'd like to hear the Team managers ' stance about this. I would like to know their plans regarding this topic.

In my opinion western esports might need this kind of long-term investment.
o choro é livre
michaelthe
Profile Joined February 2010
United States359 Posts
February 24 2011 20:38 GMT
#1092
On February 25 2011 05:37 AlBundy wrote:
So after reading the comments related to my previous post, I believe that now that there is a real NA league, it may be up to the pro Teams to make the next step towards western esports development.
These sponsored teams really should step up their game, move in California, get team houses and proclaim this State the "Mecca of NA esports". I don't know, it may not be the right solution, but I find it a bit silly, to say the least, that the fact that USA is a "big" country could be an hinderance.
Actually I'd like to hear the Team managers ' stance about this. I would like to know their plans regarding this topic.

In my opinion western esports might need this kind of long-term investment.


very premature for that. We have an idea for a tournament that hasnt proven anything yet. This isnt as established as the GSL. We all want the NASL to do well, but the fact is it hasnt proven itself yet.
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
February 24 2011 20:41 GMT
#1093
On February 25 2011 05:33 Lobo2me wrote:
Questions:

As I understand it, first season will be 50 invites of the best/most accomplished/popular players that apply to join, as long as there won't be more than 5 from a single team. There will be 5 groups of 10, where the 3 best from each group(15 total) move on to playoffs and joined by the winner of a 1024 man open tournament, and the 3 worst from each group will be out of the league.
How will the 15 spots in the league be filled?
Will those be 15 more invites judged by previous accomplishments and their application video?
Will the winner of the open get a spot in the league?


I think the winner of the open they said was going to get the 16th spot in the final live tournament automatically, and any other participitation in this league is invite-only at least for season 1. This leads me to another question (sorta repeat but couldnt find an answer) Will the NASL always be invite-only except for 1 open tourney per season?
tsularesque
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada226 Posts
February 24 2011 20:41 GMT
#1094
On February 25 2011 05:36 michaelthe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:27 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.


I am a little bit concerned that 2 out of 3 of the main people involved dont know anything about e-sports or SC2 and see it as nothing more than a business venture. Its great to have some people who know about the business side of things, but I sure hope they figure out the esports side as well.



Isn't this a bit of a relief at the same time?

Think of the HDH2 tournament. That's something that was supposed to happen six months ago and was planned by eSports people. There was no real ability to contact blizzard, to organize times, or to set up the operations part of it. Just community hype.


For the NASL there are experienced people setting it up. The community feedback will be constant and that business side of it should understand what NEEDS to be changed. But right now they have a system organized and checked, and it's unlikely too much will shift until it's been stress-tested by the actual occurrence.
relyt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1073 Posts
February 24 2011 20:41 GMT
#1095
On February 25 2011 05:36 michaelthe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:27 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Question:

Are you actually listening to feedback because I can give you a laundry list of things to improve on now or before the 2nd season if you want this to actually succeed but it seems like most of the NASL people are too busy being defensive to listen to actual constructive criticism.


I am a little bit concerned that 2 out of 3 of the main people involved dont know anything about e-sports or SC2 and see it as nothing more than a business venture. Its great to have some people who know about the business side of things, but I sure hope they figure out the esports side as well.

Do you know what a venture capitalist is?
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 20:43:24
February 24 2011 20:42 GMT
#1096
On February 25 2011 05:38 michaelthe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:37 AlBundy wrote:
So after reading the comments related to my previous post, I believe that now that there is a real NA league, it may be up to the pro Teams to make the next step towards western esports development.
These sponsored teams really should step up their game, move in California, get team houses and proclaim this State the "Mecca of NA esports". I don't know, it may not be the right solution, but I find it a bit silly, to say the least, that the fact that USA is a "big" country could be an hinderance.
Actually I'd like to hear the Team managers ' stance about this. I would like to know their plans regarding this topic.

In my opinion western esports might need this kind of long-term investment.


very premature for that. We have an idea for a tournament that hasnt proven anything yet. This isnt as established as the GSL. We all want the NASL to do well, but the fact is it hasnt proven itself yet.


But teh NASL could very well be only the beginning. That kind of big step may be what the esports need in order to grow. That kind of centralization (I do'nt know if it's the right word) could definitely open doors, create opportunities, and gather more attention.
o choro é livre
OCsurfeR
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States195 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 20:46:24
February 24 2011 20:43 GMT
#1097
On February 25 2011 05:25 Chill wrote:
Question:

How can the average person help? It seems as far as I can tell, this is a 3 man show (with investors behind the scenes).


It's more like 10-15 people plus some volunteers. At any given time when I walk into the NASL.tv offices there's about 7-10 people there with another few filing in and out as the day progresses. Obviously as we get closer to the start of the first season that will grow, and as we grow that number will grow.

As for help, I've got a group of intern candidates that I need to filter through and knock it down to about half a dozen to do things like handle social media (FB/TW) write articles for each day's division matches, moderate chat channels, etc. I'm very tardy in getting this done, but I am making progress and should have it whittled down to 6-7 people before the season starts in April. I'm not going to use this as a recruitment post as it violates TL.net policies, but that's the answer to your question.
"Your mother puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?" - Chris Knight, Real Genius
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
February 24 2011 20:48 GMT
#1098
On February 25 2011 05:41 paksam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:33 Lobo2me wrote:
Questions:

As I understand it, first season will be 50 invites of the best/most accomplished/popular players that apply to join, as long as there won't be more than 5 from a single team. There will be 5 groups of 10, where the 3 best from each group(15 total) move on to playoffs and joined by the winner of a 1024 man open tournament, and the 3 worst from each group will be out of the league.
How will the 15 spots in the league be filled?
Will those be 15 more invites judged by previous accomplishments and their application video?
Will the winner of the open get a spot in the league?


I think the winner of the open they said was going to get the 16th spot in the final live tournament automatically, and any other participitation in this league is invite-only at least for season 1. This leads me to another question (sorta repeat but couldnt find an answer) Will the NASL always be invite-only except for 1 open tourney per season?

You seem to have repeated what I wrote, and then asked the same thing :p
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
February 24 2011 20:49 GMT
#1099
Question 1

Assume the first 3 seasons are super-duper successful and this concept is proven, would you guys convert it to more of a GSL-style tournament with games broadcast live in front of an audience OR would you stick with your concept as it has proven to work?

Question 2

Where would you locate a league that was totally offline? I mentioned earlier how almost all of the Nascar teams are in North Carolina. Where in the states do you feel is a good location for producing an offline league and has a cost of living low enough to justify teams moving their players there?

Question 3

How do I get involved considering I'm a Bronze league player and will most likely be Bronze league forever?
Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 20:50:04
February 24 2011 20:49 GMT
#1100
On February 25 2011 05:43 OCsurfeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:25 Chill wrote:
Question:

How can the average person help? It seems as far as I can tell, this is a 3 man show (with investors behind the scenes).


It's more like 10-15 people plus some volunteers. At any given time when I walk into the NASL.tv offices there's about 7-10 people there with another few filing in and out as the day progresses. Obviously as we get closer to the start of the first season that will grow, and as we grow that number will grow.

As for help, I've got a group of intern candidates that I need to filter through and knock it down to about half a dozen to do things like handle social media (FB/TW) write articles for each day's division matches, moderate chat channels, etc. I'm very tardy in getting this done, but I am making progress and should have it whittled down to 6-7 people before the season starts in April. I'm not going to use this as a recruitment post as it violates TL.net policies, but that's the answer to your question.

Where are the NASL.tv offices? Who are these 7-10 people and what are their backgrounds specifically with Starcraft?
Moderator
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2049
Snow 78
NaDa 39
Bale 29
Noble 14
Icarus 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
Counter-Strike
taco 556
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1406
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
WinterStarcraft621
Other Games
summit1g8414
Doublelift2243
JimRising 673
PiGStarcraft291
ArmadaUGS193
C9.Mang0182
Maynarde146
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick785
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki156
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota231
League of Legends
• Lourlo1256
• Rush716
• Stunt284
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 43m
OSC
8h 43m
Stellar Fest
8h 43m
OSC
19h 43m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.