• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:24
CEST 15:24
KST 22:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9090 users

[Q&A] Official NASL Thread - Page 54

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 100 Next
Before you post, read the title of this thread slowly and out loud.
multiversed
Profile Joined December 2010
United States233 Posts
February 24 2011 19:48 GMT
#1061
On February 25 2011 04:36 paksam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:26 multiversed- wrote:
i didn't confuse anything. it's all the same community regardless of what website you post on and the rules that they impose. and spoken like a true community member. what else do i owe you little guy?

that is not true at all, TeamLiquid is a community by itself imo. I personally don't visit the site only for starcraft related info but for many other reasons one being the news. And TL has its own rules, meaning you do need to follow them if you want to be a part of the community. You seem to be confused with the fact that TL does a lot more than just bring you starcraft related news.


just look at the way you worded that. it's as if just by posting on TL, the actions of people who contribute directly to the community and the respect they deserve somehow has something to do with you.

i don't want to invest anything further here. i fear it will get negative and i simply don't care if you share my opinions or not. you may freely ignore them.
Team Liquid is the used the tampon of the starcraft community.
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
February 24 2011 19:48 GMT
#1062
On February 25 2011 04:46 CherubDown wrote:
These financial questions are literally none of our business - pun intended - but I'm serious.

While it may not be our businesses, as fans we still care because we enjoy Starcraft and we want to see good games played and all our favorite players.

Much like the NFL and the players union and the whole mess and possible lock out, I know the NASL isn't there, but we care and we want to know.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
February 24 2011 19:48 GMT
#1063
On February 25 2011 04:45 Chill wrote:
Question:

Korea has already shown interest in the NASL with their netizen comments. Are there any plans to add Korean translations? Are there any plans to add Korean commentators? Will the NASL allow third-party subtitles or redubs? Will the NASL allow rehosting of free VODs?

The idea of this happening just blew my mind.
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 24 2011 19:48 GMT
#1064
On February 25 2011 04:46 CherubDown wrote:
These financial questions are literally none of our business - pun intended - but I'm serious.

I guess my question is more of a general thing.

If a company hosts an event where the prizes are 100% sponsored, does the sponsor also have to pay the company for running the tournament? If they don't, how do the staff ever make money? Do the staff have a main sponsor for the prize money and then sell secondary advertisements to cover their costs and salaries? I have no idea how a standard arrangement works in this situation.
Moderator
ShadowLegacy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada55 Posts
February 24 2011 19:49 GMT
#1065
Question:

When Gretorp or yourself are playing who will be the fill in casters ?
CherubDown
Profile Joined August 2010
United States171 Posts
February 24 2011 19:50 GMT
#1066
On February 25 2011 04:49 ShadowLegacy wrote:
Question:

When Gretorp or yourself are playing who will be the fill in casters ?


I believe this has yet to be disclosed.
Skytalker
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden671 Posts
February 24 2011 19:50 GMT
#1067
On February 25 2011 04:38 jaearess wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:33 Skytalker wrote:
I just wanted to say i value live broadcasts more then "wow"-effects. For me it's the same wether it's soccer, the olympics or e-sports, always prefered live before replays...


Not sure if you just chose your words poorly, or if you are mistaken, but games will not be cast from replays. They will be cast live, as the players are playing. They will just be broadcast at a later time, with no one outside the players and NASL employees knowing the results (including match histories on Battle.Net.)


well, maybe the word replay was poorly chosen as i did not mean replays as in sc2 replays but as in live broadcasts not shown live but at a later point in time. I still prefer watching sports and in this case e-sports live. They could lie and say its live, and i would probably be unknowingly happy
Jaedong HWAITING!
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
February 24 2011 19:50 GMT
#1068
On February 25 2011 04:48 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:46 CherubDown wrote:
These financial questions are literally none of our business - pun intended - but I'm serious.

I guess my question is more of a general thing.

If a company hosts an event where the prizes are 100% sponsored, does the sponsor also have to pay the company for running the tournament? If they don't, how do the staff ever make money? Do the staff have a main sponsor for the prize money and then sell secondary advertisements to cover their costs and salaries? I have no idea how a standard arrangement works in this situation.


I asked about venture capital because I am interested, and there may be others who are interested.
dignitasNewmaN
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden137 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 19:51:30
February 24 2011 19:50 GMT
#1069
Question:

Will players be able to switch teams mid-season?

What will happen to a player that leaves a team mid-season and remains teamless?

Team Dignitas Founder & Communications Director - @dignitasNewmaN on twitter.
aristarchus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
February 24 2011 19:50 GMT
#1070
Since it seems like we are actually getting questions answered now (yay) I'm going to repost two that would really like answered.

Questions:

1. Is there any intention to switch in future seasons to a competitive, objective qualification system of some sort instead of invites? (Top performers from previous seasons stay, new people replace poor performers based on challenge matches, qualification tournaments, performance in other already-existing tournaments, something like that.) I fully agree with covering people and stories being crucial to making it entertaining, but people covering other sports find those stories in whoever shows up - they don't pick the participants based on those stories. I really think some sort of objective qualification system is necessary for this to seem like a real competitive activity, rather than a reality tv show. (I am not really asking for the details of how this would work, which I assume haven't been decided yet - just whether the intention is to have some sort of system like this.)


2. Can you clarify the position on Korean invitations? It's now clear that there is no fixed cap, but it still sounds like you're going to purposely not have too many. Will Koreans applying to the tournament be given equal consideration regardless of nationality? I fully understand that Koreans are not the undisputed kings of sc2 the way they were in brood war, but I think everyone would agree that all members of OGS, ST, IM, etc. are above most of the players on all but 3 or 4 foreign teams. If the good Korean teams all have their top 5 players apply, are we going to see 20+ Koreans? I'm asking because the language I'm seeing seems to imply that there is still some sort of soft cap, maybe not with any official particular number cutoff, but where there's no chance that there are going to be huge numbers of Korean invites.

(I'm not trying to be judgmental here. I would have no problem with you saying this is a western league and Koreans won't be allowed to compete. I just want their to be a clear standard, rather than everything being left extremely vague and then decided in some unknown way in secret by three people at NASL.)
Z-R0E
Profile Joined April 2009
United States147 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 19:52:59
February 24 2011 19:52 GMT
#1071
On February 25 2011 04:45 Chill wrote:
Question:
Are there any plans to add Korean translations? Are there any plans to add Korean commentators?

I can't explain why, but I'm really tickled by the idea of the NASL having (a) Korean commentator(s), in a good way. The big draw back I would think (besides finding someone qualified to do it) would be the number of people in the game. I don't want to say "get some Korean commentators to re-dub the VODs or cast off replays", but I think that might be preferable to having 4-6 additional people in game with the players.

(edit: Also, thank you Chill for essentially saving this thread)
The Z-g0d http://atZinc.org
ShadowLegacy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada55 Posts
February 24 2011 19:53 GMT
#1072
Question:

Has there been discussion in expanding the open tournament qualifiers to 10 people ? I realize it's a crude idea but it would let the better teams with more players actually have more players in, deserving the spots.
aristarchus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
February 24 2011 19:53 GMT
#1073
On February 25 2011 04:48 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:46 CherubDown wrote:
These financial questions are literally none of our business - pun intended - but I'm serious.

I guess my question is more of a general thing.

If a company hosts an event where the prizes are 100% sponsored, does the sponsor also have to pay the company for running the tournament? If they don't, how do the staff ever make money? Do the staff have a main sponsor for the prize money and then sell secondary advertisements to cover their costs and salaries? I have no idea how a standard arrangement works in this situation.


They have investors putting in money separate from sponsors, and they're going to have ad and subscription revenue. They don't need to pay all expenses out of sponsorship money. (In fact, there's no reason to believe that the companies "sponsoring" GSL, for example, are paying the whole prize pool - they're just paying whatever the going rate is to have your name put on the tournament.)
tsularesque
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada226 Posts
February 24 2011 19:56 GMT
#1074
On February 25 2011 04:53 ShadowLegacy wrote:
Question:

Has there been discussion in expanding the open tournament qualifiers to 10 people ? I realize it's a crude idea but it would let the better teams with more players actually have more players in, deserving the spots.



A lot of GOOD players are probably capable of getting onto a team or are on one already. I like what they're doing because it keeps players in line.



Just thought of an awesome new idea. B.NET attack with champions/RO16-ers. Maybe record a showmatch of the top 4 players doing some 4v4s on ladder for lulz/something to prevent breaks between seasons
paksam
Profile Joined November 2010
143 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 20:10:49
February 24 2011 20:08 GMT
#1075
On February 25 2011 04:48 multiversed- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:36 paksam wrote:
On February 25 2011 04:26 multiversed- wrote:
i didn't confuse anything. it's all the same community regardless of what website you post on and the rules that they impose. and spoken like a true community member. what else do i owe you little guy?

that is not true at all, TeamLiquid is a community by itself imo. I personally don't visit the site only for starcraft related info but for many other reasons one being the news. And TL has its own rules, meaning you do need to follow them if you want to be a part of the community. You seem to be confused with the fact that TL does a lot more than just bring you starcraft related news.


just look at the way you worded that. it's as if just by posting on TL, the actions of people who contribute directly to the community and the respect they deserve somehow has something to do with you.

i don't want to invest anything further here. i fear it will get negative and i simply don't care if you share my opinions or not. you may freely ignore them.


I'm sorry if I offended you, but I feel like I need to respond because you have directly responded to me.I am simply telling you, that your definition of a community may be different (and you should explain yourself). I am sorry for saying what you said was untrue because now that I read your post again it is opinionated and obviously theres no right and wrong. But as someone who has joined the TL community recently, I never said that the respect they deserve has anything to do with me. But I think however if you actively try and sign up for TL (which clearly you have), you should try and follow the rules (and be somewhat courteous).

I hope you don't feel like its not a personal attack on you because if you do, I apologize once again. I love TL and I am slowly seeing why there are so many rules.

edit: forgot a pretty important "not"
OCsurfeR
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States195 Posts
February 24 2011 20:11 GMT
#1076
On February 25 2011 04:47 ptbl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 04:46 CherubDown wrote:
These financial questions are literally none of our business - pun intended - but I'm serious.


I think Chill is trying to move the conversation away from incontrol's incident, so he's asking questions (valid ones).


Yes, and his questions are awesome.

Regarding caster dress and styles, I'm sure we'll move toward a more formalized dress as we proceed. I'm not saying suit-and-tie because that's not our demographic, but certainly some sort of standard will evolve.

As far as following the traditional "Play-by-play" caster and "color commentary" caster I think that model has proven very successful in other sports and something we'll strive for, but I couldn't commit to timing.
"Your mother puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?" - Chris Knight, Real Genius
applejuice
Profile Joined October 2010
307 Posts
February 24 2011 20:14 GMT
#1077
Question: How will NASL compete with MLG? What void (business opportunity) is NASL filling that is not already filled by MLG? How can NASL compete for sponsors with an established brand like MLG?
Alizee-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States845 Posts
February 24 2011 20:18 GMT
#1078
Chill's questions seem to be consistently unique and necessary. I feel like a lot of what is asked even the people behind the scenes don't have exactly mapped out yet.


On February 25 2011 05:11 OCsurfeR wrote:

Regarding caster dress and styles, I'm sure we'll move toward a more formalized dress as we proceed. I'm not saying suit-and-tie because that's not our demographic, but certainly some sort of standard will evolve.


Last time I checked there isn't really much to define our demographic. I might dress a lot better than a highschooler who wears hoodies, but the dress is dictated by how serious you want to be. Korean commentators wear a shirt and tie, there's really no reason to promote t-shirt wearing unless you want to be taken anything other than serious.

If you wanna be an amateur or just say its a video game lolol, then never expect things to grow. You're not gonna receive sarcasm for being too professional. The worst that happens is "oh wow that guy dresses really sharp, he exudes a very professional persona, I like the way this is run, even if I dress more casually while viewing this event, I feel like they really want this to be big time."

So I guess I would ask is true, real world professionalism going to be prevalent or is it going to be the pseudo-professionalism where it defaults back to being a "video game" so its ok justification?
Strength behind the Pride
cheesemaster
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1975 Posts
February 24 2011 20:18 GMT
#1079
On February 25 2011 01:35 MasterJack wrote:
Question: Is NASL worried about potential dialogue like this:

John, VP Marketing, Intel: "Alright so that 100K we put into this new esports group..."
Bob, Analyst: "Well we had good exposure, but a feminist group is now up in arms about some comments their spokesperson said. Also, we received complains from viewers about things he said of another team."
John: "There's obviously some conflicts of interest if he's in a team, with a potential impact on $$ that could go to these other teams, no, Bob?"
Bob: "Yep."
John: "What does all this say about Intel?"
Bob: "Nothing very good."
John: "Pull out, now. Looks like this gaming thing is run by a bunch of acne-ridden teenagers... what else would you expect from people who play VIDEO GAMES?"


I agree there defenetly is a few conflicts of intrest in the NASL

it seems that EG and Fnatic are quite involved meaning that both of their teams are most likely going to get 5 seats automatically.
Slayers_MMA The terran who beats terrans
cheesemaster
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1975 Posts
February 24 2011 20:20 GMT
#1080
On February 25 2011 04:49 ShadowLegacy wrote:
Question:

When Gretorp or yourself are playing who will be the fill in casters ?

If gretorp is accepted as a player in the tournament i will defenetly not take this tournament seriously, he is a sub par player at best who hasnt really even been in any tournaments that i can think of (or placed well at least) since the last MLG.
Slayers_MMA The terran who beats terrans
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 955
ComeBackTV 260
SteadfastSC257
TaKeTV 243
LamboSC2145
Rex85
IndyStarCraft 36
EnkiAlexander 21
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 257
LamboSC2 145
ProTech142
Rex 85
IndyStarCraft 36
BRAT_OK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38511
Shuttle 2609
Bisu 919
Horang2 879
Mini 724
Jaedong 722
EffOrt 639
Light 493
Soma 376
BeSt 370
[ Show more ]
firebathero 351
Hyuk 342
Stork 339
Snow 185
Rush 173
Zeus 156
ggaemo 152
ZerO 149
Last 147
Leta 83
hero 72
Pusan 69
sorry 67
Killer 60
Sea.KH 54
Sharp 50
Mong 43
Mind 41
Aegong 29
Shinee 29
soO 27
Bale 27
Shine 25
Trap 25
ToSsGirL 24
Sexy 22
Free 20
Yoon 16
Terrorterran 16
NotJumperer 15
HiyA 15
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6659
qojqva1626
Dendi816
Fuzer 92
420jenkins91
League of Legends
Reynor105
Counter-Strike
x6flipin311
markeloff296
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1980
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 156
Other Games
gofns35088
singsing2137
olofmeister1266
B2W.Neo977
Mlord258
DeMusliM197
Livibee172
Liquid`VortiX129
Hui .127
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King98
QueenE66
Chillindude14
ZerO(Twitch)14
Railgan10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1799
League of Legends
• Jankos2296
• Nemesis1519
• TFBlade913
Other Games
• WagamamaTV181
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 36m
Stellar Fest
23h 36m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.