• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:38
CEST 16:38
KST 23:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6637 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 97

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 119 Next
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
November 05 2009 21:53 GMT
#1921
I can squat 1.5 x my bodyweight and well over 2x bodyweight dl.

My bench and shoulder press are shithouse though. I can bench my own bodyweight and shoulder press maybe 0.7x.

During my cut I managed to maintain and even get stronger with back and legs, I don't know why my upper body got weaker, or rather didn't get any stronger, I still kept pushing at them.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
November 05 2009 23:14 GMT
#1922
Benching your own bodyweight as a regular lift is really good though!

I have been surprised how, despite the cutting weight, I haven't lost any strength - if anything, I am stronger now and am still making progress.

Yay!

Back onto the hardcore stuff today..yesterday was SO bad for the diet
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 05 2009 23:56 GMT
#1923
On November 06 2009 06:53 Energies wrote:
I can squat 1.5 x my bodyweight and well over 2x bodyweight dl.

My bench and shoulder press are shithouse though. I can bench my own bodyweight and shoulder press maybe 0.7x.

During my cut I managed to maintain and even get stronger with back and legs, I don't know why my upper body got weaker, or rather didn't get any stronger, I still kept pushing at them.


Probably because of during your cut
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 00:36:02
November 06 2009 00:32 GMT
#1924
On November 06 2009 04:27 SoleSteeler wrote:
Yeah, squatting 2x body weight is definitely not easy at all. I weigh 175 pounds and have been lifting fairly consistently for about 4 months, and I can only do about 235.

By the way, I didn't realize DL and squat on the same day were bad. Maybe that's why I haven't been to successful with my DLs, since I always do squats first. It took me like 2 months to really get proper form down, and I'm only now really starting to increase my weight lifted on them. I found my grip really suffered too, but it's getting a lot better now.



It's not necessarily bad assuming the volume is in the right context. If you do warmups +3x5 back squats, you'll probably still be able to add 5-10lbs to your deadlift every workout when you first start out. It does bother some people a lot doing both on the same day, and you can't deadlift before you squat ever because of injury risks, but one solution is to sub in front squats on the days you deadlift. That's what I ended up doing when my deadlift was stalling badly but I still wanted to squat every day I trained. A lot of intermediates will do either this or they'll incorporate micro-periodization and have a "light squat" of 80% of their normal squat 2x5 on the deadlift days. The front squat will stress your lower back a lot less and your hamstrings and glutes slightly less, so it should make it a lot easier to deadlift on the same day.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 00:59:32
November 06 2009 00:53 GMT
#1925
i hope you guys squat at least to parallel or its not a squat

these two lifts are a great alternative to the deadlift. The Trap bar actually works more of your body than the conventional deadlfit and is a lot safer too. The movement is a lot more natural since you're holding the bar on the sides. Definitely worth a try if your gym has one of these bars.

super deadlift bar(different type of trap bar)
[image loading]

trap bar
[image loading]
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
November 06 2009 10:28 GMT
#1926
At the gym today, on top of a regular workout, I tested my maximum bench press - up to 75kg now Pretty happy with that, given I currently weigh 65kg!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Speake
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States494 Posts
November 06 2009 10:33 GMT
#1927
just deadlifted 415 today for the first time go me!
tQ.Speake
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
November 06 2009 10:54 GMT
#1928
Yeah like squats are supposed to go well below knees parallel to the floor.

unSpeake: That's some nice deadlifting right there. I wonder what incontrol DL's.

I'm gonna go hit the gym and do my rehab work. Guys, never hurt your back it's ridiculously boring to not be able to lift heavy weights
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
KarlSberg~
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
731 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 11:14:33
November 06 2009 11:12 GMT
#1929
Age: 28 Height: 6'0"
Current weight: 194lb
Goal weight: 180lb
Starting date: January 4th
Goal date: May 8th

I did not reach the deadline at all, but who cares, I dropped to 185lb and it shows so I'm pretty happy about it.
Broke my meniscus this week... tough times are coming since I will have to completely stop running for at least a few weeks. I guess the time has come for more situps, pushups and possibly swimming if I manage to adapt my schedule. Maybe bike depending on what the surgeon says.

I'm pretty pissed about it actually. Not to worried since it's not the first time, but my life didn't really need this right now.
There are 01 kind of people who know binary. Those who understand little endian and those who don t.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
November 06 2009 12:37 GMT
#1930
On November 06 2009 19:33 unSpeake wrote:
just deadlifted 415 today for the first time go me!


That is really awesome, I'm jealous.

I'm stuck at 352 for around 3-4 reps at the moment.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
November 06 2009 12:43 GMT
#1931
Someone showed me a cool circuit on Wednesday that I tried tonight.

There is a stand/machine thing at my gym, that allows you to do pull ups, dips and leg raises on.

I do 5 pull ups, jump straight down to do the ground, do 10 push ups, jump straight up to the handles and do 10 dips, jump up again to the bar and do 5 more pull ups and thats 1 set all without rest.

Have a 60 sec rest and go again.

I managed to bust out about 4 sets before I got out of breath and couldn't do anymore pull ups.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
November 06 2009 12:55 GMT
#1932
So... Hard workouts when you're sick really suck. 2 laps of running, 24 alternating pushups, 100 crunches, 50 yards forward lunges, 50 yards backwards lunges, 24 spider pushups, 100 yards farmer walk, 24 pseudo planche pushups, 24 jumping squats, 24 burpees. repeat 3x. pretty killer on your legs and shoulders.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 06 2009 14:21 GMT
#1933
rowing tomorrow for the first time in exactly 16 months LOLOL.
going to be rape.

Current nubmers are

Squat: 90kg
Bench Press: 55kg
Military Press: 32.5kg
Deadlift: 70kg (lolwtf)

positive note is that I'm finally back to where I was 18 moths ago with the bench press lol.

Also, ditching old goal (which I already easily achieved) and replacing it with six pack abs whooo lol
yooh
Profile Joined March 2009
China223 Posts
November 06 2009 14:53 GMT
#1934
On November 06 2009 03:29 daz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2009 01:59 travis wrote:
DL = ?


anyways 2x bodyweight squat is easy to get, I have no doubt I can do it and I don't even lift

so yes, starting strength will definitely get u there


2x bodyweight squat is easy? .. you dont even lift and you think you can do it? to be honest i'd be very surprised if you can even do 1x bodyweight if you dont lift..



I don't lift and I can squat my own weight.
What chu gonna say about that huh!
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 15:06:28
November 06 2009 15:05 GMT
#1935
On November 06 2009 21:55 madnessman wrote:
So... Hard workouts when you're sick really suck. 2 laps of running, 24 alternating pushups, 100 crunches, 50 yards forward lunges, 50 yards backwards lunges, 24 spider pushups, 100 yards farmer walk, 24 pseudo planche pushups, 24 jumping squats, 24 burpees. repeat 3x. pretty killer on your legs and shoulders.


Why would you ever do a hard workout when you're sick?

Seriously, that is fucking retarded. Don't do it ever again


Btw people when you talk about squats, how far down do you go?
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
daz
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada643 Posts
November 06 2009 17:36 GMT
#1936
On November 06 2009 23:53 yooh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2009 03:29 daz wrote:
On November 06 2009 01:59 travis wrote:
DL = ?


anyways 2x bodyweight squat is easy to get, I have no doubt I can do it and I don't even lift

so yes, starting strength will definitely get u there


2x bodyweight squat is easy? .. you dont even lift and you think you can do it? to be honest i'd be very surprised if you can even do 1x bodyweight if you dont lift..



I don't lift and I can squat my own weight.
What chu gonna say about that huh!


thats cuz you weigh like 90 lbs janice
Some eat to remember, some smash to forget. 2009msl.com
daz
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada643 Posts
November 06 2009 17:36 GMT
#1937
On November 07 2009 00:05 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2009 21:55 madnessman wrote:
So... Hard workouts when you're sick really suck. 2 laps of running, 24 alternating pushups, 100 crunches, 50 yards forward lunges, 50 yards backwards lunges, 24 spider pushups, 100 yards farmer walk, 24 pseudo planche pushups, 24 jumping squats, 24 burpees. repeat 3x. pretty killer on your legs and shoulders.


Why would you ever do a hard workout when you're sick?

Seriously, that is fucking retarded. Don't do it ever again


Btw people when you talk about squats, how far down do you go?


a little below parallel
Some eat to remember, some smash to forget. 2009msl.com
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
November 06 2009 18:04 GMT
#1938
ass to grass is the only way to squat :D
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-06 19:48:48
November 06 2009 19:46 GMT
#1939
how do you guys count when you say you squat x?

My bodyweight is 75kg. I dl 60 kg but I would kill myself If i tried anything close to that in a squat. I squat only 35 kg

On November 06 2009 05:20 travis wrote:
yeah u guys are right i wasn't doing the math right at all lol
for some reason my brain was confusing a 2x bodyweight squat with a 1x bodyweight squat

meaning, I forgot to include the fact that I am also squatting my own body's weight into the calculation


but I contest that I would fall right after unracking the weight, hehe
not that I am going to try. don't wanna hurt myself lol


I am supposed to include my weight in the calculation somehow?
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
November 06 2009 20:16 GMT
#1940
On November 07 2009 04:46 Patriot.dlk wrote:
how do you guys count when you say you squat x?

My bodyweight is 75kg. I dl 60 kg but I would kill myself If i tried anything close to that in a squat. I squat only 35 kg

Show nested quote +
On November 06 2009 05:20 travis wrote:
yeah u guys are right i wasn't doing the math right at all lol
for some reason my brain was confusing a 2x bodyweight squat with a 1x bodyweight squat

meaning, I forgot to include the fact that I am also squatting my own body's weight into the calculation


but I contest that I would fall right after unracking the weight, hehe
not that I am going to try. don't wanna hurt myself lol


I am supposed to include my weight in the calculation somehow?


Yeah I'm kind of like you with DL/Squat atm. I'm rehabing away though but w/e. Btw, when squatting you need quite strong abs, and you should have your stomach tense and back straight. Otherwise shit could go wrong when climbing up the weights. Feet at approximately shoulder width, and keep the tense abs all through the exercise. This goes for deadlifts too. Some people have HORRIBLE DL technique. They don't tense up at all and their back has the shape of an banana, it's quite ridiculous and their back will get hurt sooner or later.

Um I think travis has got this all mixed up. As far as I know, you definately don't calculate your own weight into your squats lol.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 943
WardiTV839
OGKoka 263
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 281
Rex 144
ProTech140
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2866
Shuttle 1731
EffOrt 859
BeSt 694
Light 401
firebathero 341
Mini 315
ZerO 270
Stork 268
ggaemo 250
[ Show more ]
Rush 178
Barracks 111
Zeus 79
Shine 70
Sea.KH 66
Killer 60
sorry 42
Hyun 37
Mong 34
Shinee 31
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 20
soO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
qojqva3580
Dendi1807
BananaSlamJamma359
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2266
hiko1165
B2W.Neo827
Liquid`RaSZi442
Lowko354
Pyrionflax223
Sick217
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS107
Mew2King38
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream551
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH300
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2210
• Nemesis1559
• TFBlade605
Other Games
• WagamamaTV274
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.