• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8571 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 99

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 119 Next
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-08 03:00:23
November 08 2009 02:56 GMT
#1961
On November 08 2009 10:54 yooh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2009 08:41 Sfydjklm wrote:
On November 07 2009 23:27 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
On November 07 2009 23:05 Liquid`NonY wrote:
it's cool what those bodybuilders achieve with their bodies, but all that mass is unattractive. not worth it


Yeah, unless it´s Arnold.

pretty much. He's a phenomenon.
Here's the body we should all be aiming to get:
[image loading]



That's you isn't it

lol. if that's him then this is me

[image loading]
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
November 08 2009 03:01 GMT
#1962
and this is me.
[image loading]


oh and i screwed up the whole eat less and eat healthy diet thing.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=105233


NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
November 09 2009 01:50 GMT
#1963
I think changing my diet and adding some light exercise has really worked out well so far. (Although I need to be stricter with myself and eat more leafy greens.) My diet before the diet began was mainly burgers, candy and soft drinks. Now I'm eating tonnes of tofu, veggies and drinking only water, green tea and a bit of milk or fruit juice for a change.

I just calculated my BMI based upon today's weigh in;

Starting weight; 83.6kg
Current weight; 72kg
Height: 5'11
BMI: 22.1 - I'm in the normal range finally!

Lots of people who didn't know I was dieting have commented on my weight loss (from co-workers to progamers lol.) and I have gotten back my cheek bones. My stomach is also flatter. I've still got a pretty large thighs/butt area, but I have wide hips so I'm not expecting that to dissolve unless I do a lot of exercise (Which I just don't have the energy for considering my job.)

I'll be happy if I can keep this healthier eating style up and maybe just lose a couple more kg. I don't want to go below 65kg because my height is 5'11. I'd like to lose my dark circles too so I've started sleeping earlier (aka. before 1am.)
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
November 09 2009 07:08 GMT
#1964
Well done NeverGG - super work! Keep at it, its slow work but it will pay off. Just takes time.

INTERESTING NEWS AND QUESTIONS.

So, im two weeks in to cutting, and I have dropped 2.5kg total. I look smaller, everywhere. ive lost 1cm off my chest and 1.5cm off my biceps (ive lost elsewhere too, noticably my stomach, but thats not important to this discussion). So my muscle regions are smaller. Which sucks. But im actually increasing the number of reps or even the weight I am lifting each session - an idea whats going on?

I am guessing the cm loss in muscled areas is actually fat/water that was bulking them up, so that I never had that bulk in the first place?

Oh and in other news, I am benching my own body weight as a normal rep AND I set a new bench press max lift at 77kg (170pounds); that is 1.16x my body weight Yay! I love gains. It was previously 72kg.

Finally, the abs are coming along, you can feel them now. they are visible every morning before I eat anything, so that is added motivation.

Looking forward to sharing pics in a few weeks (check back Dec. 1!)

Keep up the great work everyone!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
biomedical
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
235 Posts
November 09 2009 07:17 GMT
#1965
cool, both of you.

well im going to the gym now.... i had some sandwiches so hopefully my nutrition/wtvr is a bit better than last time (if you remember, my weights plumetted). i dont feel wonderful or in any way energetic. but in the chance that i was "overworked" that should probably have reset by now.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 09 2009 15:45 GMT
#1966
It's common for newer people to experience strength/endurance increases from CNS/neuromuscular increases even when dropping weight.

And yes, if you are lifting heavy and taking significant amounts of protein and losing mass on your arms then it's probably more water/fat weight. YOu can generally tell if it's fat if you did calipers or measured your fat by pinching it and see if your pinch is getting smaller.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 09 2009 16:23 GMT
#1967
Okay I figured I'd post here to help get my resolve up...

I'm 5'11 and 147 pounds (66.6 kg o_o). About 2 years ago I was 5'10~5'11 and 175 lbs, and I felt like I was made out of steel. I broke my ankle, all that muscle dwindled and I gained a layer of fat and weighed 170 lbs still. Then I starved for 8 months living alone in this dark and scary world, hitting a low of 145 lbs. Since then, due to disease or diet, my body weight has been wavering around 145-155 for the past year. Eating carb-heavy and protein-heavy food doesn't seem to help, but on top of that I have an eating problem - I can't eat nearly as much as I used to before, otherwise I just feel sick. I used to be able to down 2700 calories of ice cream in one sitting, or eat 2 Fat Cats (a Fat Cat is a sub with 2 hamburger patties, ketchup, mayonnaise, an order of fries, lettuce and tomato) for lunch and then eat snacks when I got home. Now I can barely eat 3/4 of a Fat Cat on an empty stomach, and I can't eat breakfast without getting nauseous (or eat before 1 pm in general).

In the past, the way I bulked up was through gymnastics and my monster diet. Right now I have neither, but I do play soccer pretty regularly for 2-3 hours a day with little to no breaks. Although I have been losing some of my belly fat (pretty much the last fat left on my body) and getting more toned, I am actually losing weight... It sucks. My goal is to get back to at least 160/165 pounds and be in decent shape while I'm at it. I don't like going to the gym, and I don't think I really need to because I'm adept at working out at home with what I have.

Any suggestions? Remember, forcing myself to eat more ends in vomit ):
Peace~
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 09 2009 16:40 GMT
#1968
fanat:

You gotta eat more.

Lifting heavy weights or getting back into gymnastics strength will help stimulate the appetite to put on the mass again.

The good part is that once you were already at a certain mass it's easier to put muscle back on. So it should come back easier for you than most people. Maybe even at 2-3x the rate with a properly designed program.

Unfortunately... the things you posted you didn't want to do you're going to have to do to build your mass back up. So... the choice is up to you.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 09 2009 16:47 GMT
#1969
Shit -_-;

Eating too much makes me so sick, and I can't add meals... Sigh... Will try anyway. Thanks.

Doesn't any sport activity raise hunger? Like... Soccer instead of lifting or gymnastics? I can't do gymnastics anymore (too old too stiff too poor too out of practice).
Peace~
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-09 17:05:55
November 09 2009 16:53 GMT
#1970
On November 10 2009 01:47 fanatacist wrote:
Shit -_-;

Eating too much makes me so sick, and I can't add meals... Sigh... Will try anyway. Thanks.

Doesn't any sport activity raise hunger? Like... Soccer instead of lifting or gymnastics? I can't do gymnastics anymore (too old too stiff too poor too out of practice).



Any exercise will help. Just do what you like, it doesnt have to be weightlifting.


oh man u always weigh as much as me lol. Im 65kg
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 09 2009 17:04 GMT
#1971
On November 10 2009 01:53 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 01:47 fanatacist wrote:
Shit -_-;

Eating too much makes me so sick, and I can't add meals... Sigh... Will try anyway. Thanks.

Doesn't any sport activity raise hunger? Like... Soccer instead of lifting or gymnastics? I can't do gymnastics anymore (too old too stiff too poor too out of practice).



Any exercise will help. Just do what you like, it doesnt have to be weightlifting.

I figured. I would say in an average week I get 6-8 hours of exercise from soccer and etc., and even though I get mad munchies when I smoke weed, I still only eat as much as I eat right now. Should I try to exercise even more, or what should I change?
Peace~
foppa
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada451 Posts
November 09 2009 17:11 GMT
#1972
smoke more weed you'll eat more
i can take you
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 09 2009 17:33 GMT
#1973
I already smoke at least 1-2 times a day...
Peace~
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
November 09 2009 18:47 GMT
#1974
On November 09 2009 10:50 NeverGG wrote:
I think changing my diet and adding some light exercise has really worked out well so far. (Although I need to be stricter with myself and eat more leafy greens.) My diet before the diet began was mainly burgers, candy and soft drinks. Now I'm eating tonnes of tofu, veggies and drinking only water, green tea and a bit of milk or fruit juice for a change.

I just calculated my BMI based upon today's weigh in;

Starting weight; 83.6kg
Current weight; 72kg
Height: 5'11
BMI: 22.1 - I'm in the normal range finally!

Lots of people who didn't know I was dieting have commented on my weight loss (from co-workers to progamers lol.) and I have gotten back my cheek bones. My stomach is also flatter. I've still got a pretty large thighs/butt area, but I have wide hips so I'm not expecting that to dissolve unless I do a lot of exercise (Which I just don't have the energy for considering my job.)

I'll be happy if I can keep this healthier eating style up and maybe just lose a couple more kg. I don't want to go below 65kg because my height is 5'11. I'd like to lose my dark circles too so I've started sleeping earlier (aka. before 1am.)


Good job on the weight loss!

You should eat more protein though. It will help with preserving muscle and make you loose more body fat.

skip the fruit juice, drink water and green tea. Milk works too

Anyways, looking good. Keep up the good work!
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
November 09 2009 18:56 GMT
#1975
On November 08 2009 10:54 yooh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2009 08:41 Sfydjklm wrote:
On November 07 2009 23:27 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
On November 07 2009 23:05 Liquid`NonY wrote:
it's cool what those bodybuilders achieve with their bodies, but all that mass is unattractive. not worth it


Yeah, unless it´s Arnold.

pretty much. He's a phenomenon.
Here's the body we should all be aiming to get:
[image loading]



That's you isn't it

That guy's sperm spawns supermen.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-09 20:01:09
November 09 2009 20:00 GMT
#1976
On November 10 2009 01:53 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 01:47 fanatacist wrote:
Shit -_-;

Eating too much makes me so sick, and I can't add meals... Sigh... Will try anyway. Thanks.

Doesn't any sport activity raise hunger? Like... Soccer instead of lifting or gymnastics? I can't do gymnastics anymore (too old too stiff too poor too out of practice).



Any exercise will help. Just do what you like, it doesnt have to be weightlifting.


oh man u always weigh as much as me lol. Im 65kg


Any exercise will help fat loss...

Lots of aerobic activity.. aka soccer will NOT help you gain muscle mass...

That is, unless he wants to add fat mass until his higher weight.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 09 2009 20:21 GMT
#1977
I asked because you said that doing sports raises my appetite, so I was asking if soccer SHOULD be work... And therefore do I have to do more of it to eat more.
Peace~
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-09 20:25:23
November 09 2009 20:23 GMT
#1978
http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp

20% COUPON FOR GNC

i just bought a 5 lb ON gold standard whey protein at 65$ originally for 48$ (including tax) after the 20% discount and some 10$ sale price discount. be sure to print it out if you go a brick-and-mortar store

lasts till nov10 so get on it o_O
Hates Fun🤔
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
November 09 2009 20:27 GMT
#1979
5lb of whey is 30 bucks at costco by the way. GNC is shit.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
November 09 2009 20:30 GMT
#1980
you get what you pay for o_O
Hates Fun🤔
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.