• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:34
CEST 11:34
KST 18:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9096 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 91

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 119 Next
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
October 31 2009 22:20 GMT
#1801
Those skinny runners sure do look ugly :/ i think looking good is the main reason to get pumped up
I dont want to be totally out :3
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
October 31 2009 23:07 GMT
#1802
So i thought i would consult teamliquid's fitness buffs on my following problem. About a month ago, i fractured my 5th left metatarsal. Basically, I broke my foot and ill be on crutches for 3-4 month. The doctor put on a short leg cast, so from like 6 inches below the knee is covered. As expected, my left leg has massively atrophied, especially since i have disproportionally large legs and espcially calves for my size.

Now, what I need are exercises to work out my left leg in ways that will at least keep it at least slightly conditioned until i can walk again. I want to get back into martial arts as soon as possible after im healed, and i figure having a stick of a left leg wouldnt help that.

keep in mind: i cant do anything that involves really fast movement. I cant put any weight on my left foot, basically i cant stand on it at all. i cant move my ankle because it is in a cast.

thanks for any help!
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 31 2009 23:32 GMT
#1803
On November 01 2009 03:02 Sfydjklm wrote:
well, i guess ill set a goal for myself. Well two of em. I wanna break a 5 minute mile as well as 11 minute 1.5 mile(navy seal standard). I currently run an 7 minute mile and my running routine consists of 0.8mile 8 minute warm ups and cooldowns 4 times a week and a 2 mile run twice a week. Which adds up to 10.4 miles a week. What would be the realistic timeframe for accomplishing the goal with such a routine?

I guess i'll also start adding numbers for exercises i throw down starting today, maybe u can suggest some weight goals i should be aiming at(i never penis measured my lifts so i don't know what's good or not). I weight 170 pounds.
Squat 205 pounds x5
Stiff legged Dead lift 185 x6
Leg press 270x5

Not doing singles. Finding a spotter is always a pain.


4x600m intervals. Pace first 400m fast but uncomfortable, then all out the last 200m. 7 minutes of rest between each -- reduce as you improve.

I've had friends who got down to 5 minute miles just running 400m intervals and lifting heavy weights.

On November 01 2009 04:12 Patriot.dlk wrote:
I'm looking for more exercise for my upper back. I would appreciate comments towards this video:

+ Show Spoiler +


Especially interested in opinions on his form and experiences with these exercises. Better alternatives or whatnot.

I currently do: Standard dumbbell rows and Pulldowns.


Any type of rowing is fine except for upright rows.

If you're lagging behind you should add at least 2 types of rowing.

And replace the pulldowns with pullups.

On November 01 2009 08:07 Fontong wrote:
So i thought i would consult teamliquid's fitness buffs on my following problem. About a month ago, i fractured my 5th left metatarsal. Basically, I broke my foot and ill be on crutches for 3-4 month. The doctor put on a short leg cast, so from like 6 inches below the knee is covered. As expected, my left leg has massively atrophied, especially since i have disproportionally large legs and espcially calves for my size.

Now, what I need are exercises to work out my left leg in ways that will at least keep it at least slightly conditioned until i can walk again. I want to get back into martial arts as soon as possible after im healed, and i figure having a stick of a left leg wouldnt help that.

keep in mind: i cant do anything that involves really fast movement. I cant put any weight on my left foot, basically i cant stand on it at all. i cant move my ankle because it is in a cast.

thanks for any help!


Is it possible to biking on it if you just use your heel to push the pedal?

Walking up steps (on the heel), leg extensions possible with weight.

Basically you want to exercise the quads/hamstrings and it can help.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 31 2009 23:35 GMT
#1804
Ok I have done three days of about 20 grams (well one day of 30) carbs. Maintaining protein levels, keeping calories lower than usual. Ill check to see if I am in ketosis tomorrow, but the day of 30 may have postponed that. Nonetheless, coupled with the exercise every day, I feel slimmer. At least I am motivated to keep this up!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
November 01 2009 02:49 GMT
#1805
On November 01 2009 03:32 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2009 03:17 travis wrote:
well, keep in mind, the 11 minute 1.5 miles is done in conjunction with other exercises, making it way harder.

it's also done in army boots, but im not really planning on joining navy seals, its just a goal.


crap. i'm not joining hte seals but the army in my country also has a 11 minute 1.5 miles test. and i'm doing it in december. i think i get to wear running shoes though.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
November 01 2009 03:00 GMT
#1806
On November 01 2009 07:20 suxN wrote:
Those skinny runners sure do look ugly :/ i think looking good is the main reason to get pumped up



tbh i dont see a reason to look big for show. 90% people in the gym are weak dumb meatheads who cant squat or deadlift right. And they have their workout just doing curls and bench.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-01 09:39:28
November 01 2009 09:36 GMT
#1807
Hey Dim, know any sites that I can use to learn some basic Olympic lifts?
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
November 01 2009 09:39 GMT
#1808
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html has some good videos, although they aren't organized well.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 01 2009 17:23 GMT
#1809
On November 01 2009 18:36 Energies wrote:
Hey Dim, know any sites that I can use to learn some basic Olympic lifts?


SS describes how to learn power cleans. If that's all you're after which is good enough for most athletes that's cool.

Otherwise, if you are actually interested in learning technical details and both lifts you really do need a coach. Otherwise, your best bet is to grab one of the books on it.

Currently there's 3 good ones out there.. (you can read reviews on amazon I guess)..

Arthur Dreschler’s Encyclopedia of Weighlifting
Tommy Kono’s Weightlifting Olympic Style
Greg Everett's Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes

If I was recommending one it'd probably be Greg's book because I've actually met him and been taught Oly at a seminar by him. Definitely knows his stuff.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
November 01 2009 18:37 GMT
#1810
rofl sick weekend. I've had like 15 beers, a bottle of wine and some finnish vodka. Ouch the calories, oh well I will continue on a relatively low carb diet this week and keep on keeping on.

Oh I also had 2 pizzas, a bag of peanuts, some candy and a kebab. God it seems so much when I type it out :D
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
biomedical
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
235 Posts
November 01 2009 18:39 GMT
#1811
On November 02 2009 03:37 Foucault wrote:
rofl sick weekend. I've had like 15 beers, a bottle of wine and some finnish vodka. Ouch the calories, oh well I will continue on a relatively low carb diet this week and keep on keeping on.

Oh I also had 2 pizzas, a bag of peanuts, some candy and a kebab. God it seems so much when I type it out :D


ya...i went to bed early and was almost the only person in the gym this morning!!! sick morning!!

oh and apparently i am 80kg now (morning, little intake)
thats 4kg increase in 6 days
???
QuoC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States724 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-01 18:45:30
November 01 2009 18:45 GMT
#1812
On January 21 2009 14:54 Rekrul wrote:
i have begun

ur all fukt


hows it goin rek? its been many months, are you a man of your word? :p
Dario "TLO" Wünsch -- Favorite SC2 Player
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
November 01 2009 21:27 GMT
#1813
Ok, after a week in a ketogenic state, ive dropped about 1.5kg of body fat. Low carbs FTW.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
November 01 2009 22:32 GMT
#1814
eshlow out of curiosity what's wrong with upright rows?

[image loading]


Is above what you speak of?

I did pullups today and it felt very good.
eMbrace
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1300 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-01 22:37:29
November 01 2009 22:37 GMT
#1815
On November 02 2009 07:32 Patriot.dlk wrote:
eshlow out of curiosity what's wrong with upright rows?

[image loading]


Is above what you speak of?

I did pullups today and it felt very good.


i do this to work out my traps ( that's what it does right? =p)

most of the bars are taken though, so I just take a 45lb plate and do the same thing.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
November 01 2009 22:45 GMT
#1816
On November 02 2009 07:32 Patriot.dlk wrote:
eshlow out of curiosity what's wrong with upright rows?

[image loading]


Is above what you speak of?

I did pullups today and it felt very good.


I'm told they're bad for your shoulders.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Duke
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1106 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-01 23:07:34
November 01 2009 23:06 GMT
#1817
i have some stubborn fatty areas (chest, lovehandles, tricep) - i dont have a bodyfat % measurement, but im gonna assume <10%(i can wrap my hand around my wrist), i haven't been trying to put on any bulk because i want these fatty areas to go away... kinda disproportional and my nips stick out :O
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
November 01 2009 23:18 GMT
#1818
On November 01 2009 18:36 Energies wrote:
Hey Dim, know any sites that I can use to learn some basic Olympic lifts?



eshlow showed me this website. Here is the video part( http://www.performancemenu.com/exercises/index.php)


I didn't really use much resources from the internet. I learned from a coach and other lifters. I watched a lot of youtube videos on olympic lifters. A lot of them have different form though...

Today i front squated 130kg for a single and then failed twice on 135kg. Even though I was suppose to do 3 sets of 120kg doubles.....I kept messing up on 75kg snatch too. >_____< I hyperextend too much.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 02 2009 03:04 GMT
#1819
On November 02 2009 07:32 Patriot.dlk wrote:
eshlow out of curiosity what's wrong with upright rows?

[image loading]


Is above what you speak of?

I did pullups today and it felt very good.


Some people have the type of shoulders where they injure very easily with upright rows, and behind the neck pullups, etc. which put the shoulder in a vulnerable position at the edge of its range of motion.

If they feel fine to you I would say do them... but honestly why do them when there's other good exercises that don't potentially have the same injury potential?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
November 02 2009 03:52 GMT
#1820
Speaking of neck/shoulder stuff... Ever since I started working out, I've always done military presses. Now, however, as I increase my weight lifted.... I find my neck really hurts the day after. I don't really understand why, either. I do them sitting down (as I've always done). I guess obviously I'm doing something wrong. It seems like such a simple exercise though, so I don't understand what I'm doing incorrectly. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2417
Bisu 531
Hyuk 436
Killer 117
Larva 101
EffOrt 87
Dewaltoss 84
Leta 84
Sexy 83
Soma 69
[ Show more ]
ZerO 66
ToSsGirL 48
BeSt 47
Light 43
soO 42
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
Sacsri 21
Shinee 15
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
NaDa 14
Rush 12
JulyZerg 8
Terrorterran 3
Britney 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 138
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1072
byalli802
kRYSTAL_34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor962
crisheroes525
Other Games
gofns31113
singsing1493
olofmeister1027
ceh9673
Mew2King92
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2346
League of Legends
• Stunt390
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 26m
OSC
12h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.