• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:09
CEST 22:09
KST 05:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8020 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 81

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 234 Next
LennX
Profile Joined October 2010
4572 Posts
December 01 2015 08:49 GMT
#1601
On December 01 2015 16:10 Ehzera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2015 14:58 LennX wrote:
On November 30 2015 22:03 Ehzera wrote:
Which gym in SG?

safra tamps. No such problem with other safra outlets tho


If you live near the East, like the Bedok or Tampines area, I can suggest going to The Gym Nation @ Fengshan CC. Plenty of bumper plates, deadlift platforms, and there's even a deadlift jack there. Many powerlifters train there, even Derrick Kim sometimes.


Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out when I'm free.
Mute user function on TL; http://www.liquiddota.com/blogs/491245-mute-annoying-users-in-lr-threads
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-01 23:23:54
December 01 2015 22:14 GMT
#1602
*edits

well this is embarrasing
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
December 02 2015 09:46 GMT
#1603
After 10 days of shitty diet, shitty sleep and close to no training I went back to the gym last night.

Well weights don't lie, haven't been this tired since my first year of training

Squat is slowy going up and after 18 months without benching it seems like I've lost almost nothing Oo ?! how is that even possible !
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-03 02:16:14
December 03 2015 02:15 GMT
#1604
Two PRs in the recent month.

1) 190kg Sumo, +10k. Grip failed at the lockout though.



2) 165kg Squat x2, this is an injury PR because I've been out of Squatting for ~2 months cos of my left glute



any form advice?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 03 2015 13:31 GMT
#1605


Don't know how many people here follow that youtube channel, but I'm only 20 minutes into the video and these hip stretches are excellent, especially with all the back/SI problems that have gone around these threads in the last couple of years.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 04 2015 16:18 GMT
#1606
Got my front squat back into the 400's yesterday (185kg) woohoo
https://www.instagram.com/p/-4DZxBwCCR
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
DonDomingo
Profile Joined October 2015
504 Posts
December 04 2015 18:22 GMT
#1607
On December 05 2015 01:18 decafchicken wrote:
Got my front squat back into the 400's yesterday (185kg) woohoo
https://www.instagram.com/p/-4DZxBwCCR

pff 400 is nothing
I do that all the time effortlessly
+ Show Spoiler +
in my dreams :DD
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
December 04 2015 19:58 GMT
#1608
Back so upright, decaf. Looks beautiful.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
December 04 2015 20:00 GMT
#1609
Ye that's the kinda form I want. I don't have that, and it follows that I lift like a little girl in comparison.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
December 04 2015 21:54 GMT
#1610
When I grow up I wanna be decaf.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 05 2015 02:26 GMT
#1611
I'm back, 200kgx4 Squat Today.
Next friday I'll try a 210 triple and use that as my opener for my 19th meet.
Eclipsing Binary
Profile Joined September 2012
61 Posts
December 05 2015 05:38 GMT
#1612
Hey guys, I'm trying to get my friend to start exercising. He's overweight and has never really exercised before. We tried Starting Strength, but he has a lot of flexibility issues and can't do most of the lifts (e.g., can't squat all the way down, can't deadlift while keeping his lower back straight, etc.). He also can't even bench 45 pounds. Any ideas on where we can start? Thanks.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-05 09:27:22
December 05 2015 09:12 GMT
#1613
keep the weight light (BY THIS I MEAN DONT INCREASE THE WEIGHT FAST, THERES NO RULE TO INCREASE IT ALL THE DAMN TIME!!) and add an hour of intense, focused mobility work every day for a month , to the exclusion of anything else

use a pullup assist machine if pos, but if not just make sure you get in the reps and you'll improve within a few weeks (eg 10x1, 15x1)

running with headphones is fun as shit unless your gym has the fucking heating on for some reason which makes it impossible ffs

basically you improve real fast at super beginners level, its garanteed he will be able to do what he cant do now in 3 weeks, so just make do for now - do your best. get in the reps (or most of them) no matter what

you dont "need" to squat low, theres nothing less fun and more dangerous than toying with your mobility. fatest way to make yourself miserable in the gym is failing yourself constantly due to mobility
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 05 2015 12:51 GMT
#1614
Lol thanks guys. Still lots of work to do...somewhere there's a small girl that's front squatting that (i.e. 58kg Boyanka front squatting 190kg)

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 05 2015 15:54 GMT
#1615
On December 05 2015 18:12 FFGenerations wrote:
keep the weight light (BY THIS I MEAN DONT INCREASE THE WEIGHT FAST, THERES NO RULE TO INCREASE IT ALL THE DAMN TIME!!) and add an hour of intense, focused mobility work every day for a month , to the exclusion of anything else

use a pullup assist machine if pos, but if not just make sure you get in the reps and you'll improve within a few weeks (eg 10x1, 15x1)

running with headphones is fun as shit unless your gym has the fucking heating on for some reason which makes it impossible ffs

basically you improve real fast at super beginners level, its garanteed he will be able to do what he cant do now in 3 weeks, so just make do for now - do your best. get in the reps (or most of them) no matter what

you dont "need" to squat low, theres nothing less fun and more dangerous than toying with your mobility. fatest way to make yourself miserable in the gym is failing yourself constantly due to mobility


Send him to a good Crossfit Gym. A good place will have coaches with experience handling this kind of issues, and do so in a more enjoyable manner for your friend, I think.

Them he can pick up powerlifting, oly lifting or wathever.

My new 1 month student did a 200 pound squat; she's added 44 pounds already. Gifted squatter.
My other girl student is already doing doubles on strict pull ups and can do more than 10 with kip, which allows her to crush other girls on regular class WODs (haters gonna hate)
ragnasaur
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States804 Posts
December 05 2015 19:29 GMT
#1616
Moved northwest. Sunset @ 4:20. Gym membership. New goals for 2016 incoming
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) George Forman doesnt have any fingerprints
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 06 2015 17:46 GMT
#1617
rocking my nano5, best sumo DL shoe.

decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 09 2015 19:57 GMT
#1618
My best pull for a triple, NBD gotunk lolz

Does anyone struggle not to kill the people they're working with when they start talking about health & fitness? T_T
"Hey decafchicken, how can I lose 15 pounds by NYE?"
"Yeah I was half way to the gym when I realized I forgot my headphones so I went home and had a beer instead"

-_-
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 11 2015 05:50 GMT
#1619
On December 10 2015 04:57 decafchicken wrote:
My best pull for a triple, NBD gotunk lolz

Does anyone struggle not to kill the people they're working with when they start talking about health & fitness? T_T
"Hey decafchicken, how can I lose 15 pounds by NYE?"
"Yeah I was half way to the gym when I realized I forgot my headphones so I went home and had a beer instead"

-_-

TO be fair anyone who works out without headphones is a liar.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 11 2015 16:01 GMT
#1620
On December 11 2015 14:50 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2015 04:57 decafchicken wrote:
My best pull for a triple, NBD gotunk lolz

Does anyone struggle not to kill the people they're working with when they start talking about health & fitness? T_T
"Hey decafchicken, how can I lose 15 pounds by NYE?"
"Yeah I was half way to the gym when I realized I forgot my headphones so I went home and had a beer instead"

-_-

TO be fair anyone who works out without headphones is a liar.


I'd tore apart like 3-4 sets of headphones by snatching with them on. Not a good advice lol.

.

I love the first question cause the answer is super easy "stop eating shit and workout"
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 51m
Stellar Fest
16h 51m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.