• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8530 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 41

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 234 Next
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 16 2015 03:55 GMT
#801
Finished 2k row as warmup for lifting today in 7:10 and still had some left in the tank. Looking to push it into sub-7 minute territory.

Re: buttwink

Working on internal and external rotation of the hip has helped me a lot. Search youtube for kelly starret or others talking about internal and external rotation of the hips to help you work on that. A lot of it for me was sitting in lotus position and then sitting in camel(?) where your hips are internally rotated.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 16 2015 04:56 GMT
#802
Today was a pretty good day. Just recovered from my 2 week flu, and managed to hit a rep PR of 130kg*5, previously only got it for a double. Unfortunately I forgot to press the record button before my set

But I do have a 125kg*5 video, and I'm using a belt because a friend wanted to switch to an Inzer and he sold me his Titan Toro Bravo for like $50. Don't know if I should be using a belt right now though. Anyway can I get a form check + butt wink inspection?



Beltless 115kg*2 warmup:

“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 16 2015 06:04 GMT
#803
Your back is doing a ton of work bro. Your hips are rising much faster than your shoulders and you are basically doing squat mornings. It can be done but as you go up in weight I feel like the injury risk increases.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 16 2015 06:18 GMT
#804
Alright thanks for the form check! What should I do to fix it? Is it a technique issue or muscle imbalance sort of thing? I think its mostly my technique though
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 16 2015 06:33 GMT
#805
I wouldn't call it a muscle imbalance so much as a mobility issue. Need a video from a different angle to tell really. Basically you want your torso to remain more upright. The reps with the belt actually look better, at least for a hip dominant, bent over powerlifting style squat, so it's possible you aren't focusing on keeping your core tight.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 16 2015 06:56 GMT
#806
Alright cool. I'll try to take another video soon. Thanks for the help anyways!
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
May 16 2015 14:54 GMT
#807
Your back is rounding a lot on the descent and you are leaning forward too much. I would suggest maybe doing front squats for awhile. I have found that front squats have helped me correct my posture and form while back squatting. I dunno, you might want to give it a try.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 16 2015 17:54 GMT
#808


Lifetilt. At least I'm fairly confident on what I need to work on.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 16 2015 18:24 GMT
#809
Wat? How did you not get that?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 16 2015 18:36 GMT
#810
On May 17 2015 03:24 IgnE wrote:
Wat? How did you not get that?


Glutes wouldn't fire, I couldn't get hips trough. I did try more than it looks on the vid :l
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 16 2015 19:44 GMT
#811
Not quite a PR (very close to my previous best though), but I finally made it to 300x6 on deadlifts! I'm basically at the end of my second six week cycle, and I've finally made it to or progressed past all of my previous maxes.

Squat: 175x6x3 --> 210x6x3
Deadlift: 225x6x2 --> 300x6
Bench: 145x6x3 --> 170x6x3
OHP: 115x6x1
Row: 175x6

I definitely had another rep or two on the first set of squats today, but the second set was very tough so I rested more going into the third set. Tomorrow I'll test out where my 1rm is for pullups (hopefully it's around 70-75 lbs).
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 17 2015 04:52 GMT
#812
Yo gotunk how tall are you?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
May 17 2015 12:39 GMT
#813
I think you just lacked some good music
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 17 2015 16:13 GMT
#814
Golf season has barely started and alteady I got both golfer's knee and golfer's elbow. Why is my body so crap?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 17 2015 16:37 GMT
#815
On May 17 2015 13:52 Ehzera wrote:
Yo gotunk how tall are you?


1.71m
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-17 17:22:16
May 17 2015 16:54 GMT
#816
On May 18 2015 01:13 Osmoses wrote:
Golf season has barely started and alteady I got both golfer's knee and golfer's elbow. Why is my body so crap?


Not taking proper care of it in the offseason?

Re: cutting vs. bulking, like MtlGuitarist, and anyone who isn't already heavier than 200 lbs



It's funny how they talk about getting psyched up for big lifts with loud, fast music when they were younger, but now they like to chill a bit more in their workouts. Same thing happened to me. Used to get super worked up when I was doing powerlifting. Put on the Rosetta Stone album in the back room, splash the chalk everywhere, and get ready to squat. Now I just prefer a chiller gym experience.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 17 2015 18:40 GMT
#817
On May 18 2015 01:54 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 01:13 Osmoses wrote:
Golf season has barely started and alteady I got both golfer's knee and golfer's elbow. Why is my body so crap?


Not taking proper care of it in the offseason?

Re: cutting vs. bulking, like MtlGuitarist, and anyone who isn't already heavier than 200 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2fZR5cQ5Q#t=18m18s

It's funny how they talk about getting psyched up for big lifts with loud, fast music when they were younger, but now they like to chill a bit more in their workouts. Same thing happened to me. Used to get super worked up when I was doing powerlifting. Put on the Rosetta Stone album in the back room, splash the chalk everywhere, and get ready to squat. Now I just prefer a chiller gym experience.

How heavy should I be willing to get? I'm really short (5'6", maybe 5'7"), and not particularly lean at the moment at ~160-162 lbs. Should I just try to eat around maintenance and get enough protein each day, or should I actually try to gain weight?

These are my goals to hit by the end of the summer. They'll hopefully be attainable in three months, but who knows.

Squat 210x6 --> 265x6 (projected max of 251 to projected max of 317)
Bench Press 170x6 --> 200x6
Deadlift 300x6 --> 345x6 (projected max of 405)
OHP 115x6 --> 130x6

I have around 14-15 weeks to hit my goals. Deadlift should be pretty attainable if I do 5 lbs per week for as long as possible, same with squats. Bench I'll probably stick to 2.5 lbs per week and hope that I can get to 200x6.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 17 2015 19:07 GMT
#818
If you want to be adding 5 lbs a week to your lifts over the summer you should be eating way over maintenance imo. Don't eat shit obviously, but you should be eating an extra serving of meat and potatoes (or fish and rice or whatever) with plenty of quality butter and oil past the point you are no longer hungry. I basically spent the better part of 5 years in a constant bulking state, which means that I was constantly forcing myself to eat even when not hungry. If you are super worried about getting "too fat" just add in some light cardio and make sure you are getting enough sleep. I think those two things alone are the most important factors in "healthy" bulking.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
May 17 2015 20:05 GMT
#819
On May 18 2015 03:40 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 01:54 IgnE wrote:
On May 18 2015 01:13 Osmoses wrote:
Golf season has barely started and alteady I got both golfer's knee and golfer's elbow. Why is my body so crap?


Not taking proper care of it in the offseason?

Re: cutting vs. bulking, like MtlGuitarist, and anyone who isn't already heavier than 200 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2fZR5cQ5Q#t=18m18s

It's funny how they talk about getting psyched up for big lifts with loud, fast music when they were younger, but now they like to chill a bit more in their workouts. Same thing happened to me. Used to get super worked up when I was doing powerlifting. Put on the Rosetta Stone album in the back room, splash the chalk everywhere, and get ready to squat. Now I just prefer a chiller gym experience.

How heavy should I be willing to get? I'm really short (5'6", maybe 5'7"), and not particularly lean at the moment at ~160-162 lbs. Should I just try to eat around maintenance and get enough protein each day, or should I actually try to gain weight?

These are my goals to hit by the end of the summer. They'll hopefully be attainable in three months, but who knows.

Squat 210x6 --> 265x6 (projected max of 251 to projected max of 317)
Bench Press 170x6 --> 200x6
Deadlift 300x6 --> 345x6 (projected max of 405)
OHP 115x6 --> 130x6

I have around 14-15 weeks to hit my goals. Deadlift should be pretty attainable if I do 5 lbs per week for as long as possible, same with squats. Bench I'll probably stick to 2.5 lbs per week and hope that I can get to 200x6.


That depends on your goals. If your goal is literally just get as strong as possible then just keep eating. Aesthetic wise, at 5'10 I'd never want to be 200 lbs; my goal is much closer to around 170.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-17 21:27:28
May 17 2015 21:25 GMT
#820
On May 18 2015 05:05 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2015 03:40 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
On May 18 2015 01:54 IgnE wrote:
On May 18 2015 01:13 Osmoses wrote:
Golf season has barely started and alteady I got both golfer's knee and golfer's elbow. Why is my body so crap?


Not taking proper care of it in the offseason?

Re: cutting vs. bulking, like MtlGuitarist, and anyone who isn't already heavier than 200 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2fZR5cQ5Q#t=18m18s

It's funny how they talk about getting psyched up for big lifts with loud, fast music when they were younger, but now they like to chill a bit more in their workouts. Same thing happened to me. Used to get super worked up when I was doing powerlifting. Put on the Rosetta Stone album in the back room, splash the chalk everywhere, and get ready to squat. Now I just prefer a chiller gym experience.

How heavy should I be willing to get? I'm really short (5'6", maybe 5'7"), and not particularly lean at the moment at ~160-162 lbs. Should I just try to eat around maintenance and get enough protein each day, or should I actually try to gain weight?

These are my goals to hit by the end of the summer. They'll hopefully be attainable in three months, but who knows.

Squat 210x6 --> 265x6 (projected max of 251 to projected max of 317)
Bench Press 170x6 --> 200x6
Deadlift 300x6 --> 345x6 (projected max of 405)
OHP 115x6 --> 130x6

I have around 14-15 weeks to hit my goals. Deadlift should be pretty attainable if I do 5 lbs per week for as long as possible, same with squats. Bench I'll probably stick to 2.5 lbs per week and hope that I can get to 200x6.


That depends on your goals. If your goal is literally just get as strong as possible then just keep eating. Aesthetic wise, at 5'10 I'd never want to be 200 lbs; my goal is much closer to around 170.


You really understimate the weight of huge legs and back. Tian Tao is 170cm 5'7, 86kg (190 pounds) and doesn't look huge at all. (FWIW I'm kinda same size but I look a lot bigger because of more bodyfat, bigger back/arms and def less legs)

Klokov was 6 foot and 230 pounds when I met him. Thickest guy I've ever seen, he looked like a refrigarator with limps.

You should just lift weights, gain weight staying reasonably lean and find the look that suits you.

That said, at 5 10 and 170 pounds you are just skinny.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.