• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:48
CEST 22:48
KST 05:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8932 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 43

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 234 Next
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 19 2015 13:31 GMT
#841
No there wasn't a distinction made between chucks and sneakers! They just said it had to be running shoes when I asked if I could use my chucks
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 19 2015 13:34 GMT
#842
On May 19 2015 22:31 Ehzera wrote:
No there wasn't a distinction made between chucks and sneakers! They just said it had to be running shoes when I asked if I could use my chucks


I wonder what would happened if you showed up with lifting shoes :D
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 19 2015 13:40 GMT
#843
Yeah I asked about the Oly shoes, and apparently I can only wear them in the Oly platform if not I'll be banned. I have to wear the running shoes, then change into the Oly shoes at the platform.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 19 2015 14:01 GMT
#844
...singapore is a strange place.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-19 14:07:33
May 19 2015 14:07 GMT
#845
I remember thinking the same thing when I found out prostitution was legal but chewing gum was not.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-19 14:23:30
May 19 2015 14:23 GMT
#846
I think it's just my gym though. The weirder thing is that everybody must also carry a bathing towel in the gym. Regular gyms just need a small one, but damn, my school gym needs the kind you use after a shower.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
May 19 2015 15:13 GMT
#847
So, some updates since last I posted here. Been working the area around my knees with a bandy ball, and I'm pretty sure it's had an effect. Been able to complete two training cycles (well, finishing the second this week) without any serious issues. Still feel some irritation, but warming up takes care of that.

And I managed a 1Rmax @170 kg for the squat today, making 4 plates within the year a realistic goal.
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 20 2015 00:32 GMT
#848
@ Fwmeh
Great news. You should try a voodoo band and/or knee sleeves if you want to keep working on it.

I rowed 2km in 6:58 today. Question for rowers: does it matter if my heels come up on the downstroke? I know they say to keep your heels flat and your knees at 90 degrees, but it feels better to me if I go a bit past that. My torso is long and my arms/legs are relatively short and it helps me lengthen the stroke. What's the downside? That I don't get as much leg drive?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 20 2015 01:29 GMT
#849
No idea. Sub 7 is pretty beastly though.

Taking it easy this week since we just finished up with rugby Super light if anything and massage tomorrow which I hope will help sort out my neck/back/shoulders and hit training hard next week. like 6 weeks left to qualify for nationals lololol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 20 2015 01:32 GMT
#850
On May 20 2015 09:32 IgnE wrote:
@ Fwmeh
Great news. You should try a voodoo band and/or knee sleeves if you want to keep working on it.

I rowed 2km in 6:58 today. Question for rowers: does it matter if my heels come up on the downstroke? I know they say to keep your heels flat and your knees at 90 degrees, but it feels better to me if I go a bit past that. My torso is long and my arms/legs are relatively short and it helps me lengthen the stroke. What's the downside? That I don't get as much leg drive?


Without being a rower I can tell you heels up on the downstroke is the natural thing to do. Also rounding your back a bit.

Yeah nailed it:



Brutal session today:

OHP: 77.5kgx4x5
Dips 25kg x30 x24 x25
Deficit DL: 180kgx8x4 (brutal)
DL above knee: 240kgx5x3
DL below Knee: 210kgx5x3
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 02:56:47
May 20 2015 02:40 GMT
#851
Actually that dude keeps his heels down pretty well.

http://biorow.com/RBN_en_2008_files/2008RowBiomNews07.pdf

But that's an interesting pdf.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
LennX
Profile Joined October 2010
4572 Posts
May 20 2015 12:00 GMT
#852
On May 19 2015 21:15 farvacola wrote:
It ain't strange in Singapore


I'm pretty sure it depends on the gym that you go to. The public gym run by a government linked organisation is pretty relaxed about it. As for private gyms.... ARGH!
Mute user function on TL; http://www.liquiddota.com/blogs/491245-mute-annoying-users-in-lr-threads
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 20 2015 15:19 GMT
#853
So today I was benching and told myself that I'd just go up by 2.5 lbs per week for a while to get to my goal. So I put on what I thought was 172.5 and struggled through the last rep (it was really fucking ugly) and felt really disappointed when I failed during the next set. I was disappointed because 170x6x3 wasn't easy last week, but it wasn't a complete grind on the first set. Then I recount the weight and realize that I didn't put on 172.5 lbs, but 177.5 lbs. Fuck me for screwing myself out of the progress I was supposed to make this week, but on the other hand I'm actually glad that I could push myself without psyching myself out about the weight.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 15:36:00
May 20 2015 15:27 GMT
#854
I hope you are eating like a beast if you want to keep making progress this summer. +2.5 lbs every week is hard.

Also don't get discouraged if you miss one week. Just stay at that level and get it next week. Sometimes you improve in waves.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 15:38:24
May 20 2015 15:36 GMT
#855
On May 21 2015 00:27 IgnE wrote:
I hope you are eating like a beast if you want to keep making progress this summer. +2.5 lbs every week is hard.

Also don't get discouraged if you miss one week. Just stay at that level and get it next week. Sometimes you improve in waves.

I'm eating a good amount. Although today I didn't eat much for breakfast, usually it's like 4 eggs plus bacon or sausage and some toast, lunch varies depending on what we have available, and then dinner it's usually steak/pork chops/burgers/chicken, some vegetables, and some kind of grain. I'd say I'm averaging around 2600 calories a day, with slight drops and spikes on individual days. I think I can probably gain that amount on my bench just by adding in the additional hypertrophy and accessory exercises. When I was doing SS I never really had assistance exercises and my bench really suffered because of that.

I definitely get that on the second point. Unfortunately I'm going away for the weekend because my dad is determined to make me go catabolic, but after that I've got the entire summer to try and make progress. Today I was feeling that I might as well shitcan my goals because benching was impossible, but then I realize I miscounted weights. So I'm a dumbass, but at least I'm making progress.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 21 2015 03:00 GMT
#856
Should I get a pair of knee sleeves?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 21 2015 03:04 GMT
#857
If your knees feel sore when squatting I think they can help. Although I find them more useful in the winter than in the summer. I guess you are in Singapore though.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 21 2015 05:05 GMT
#858
Yeah they're sore as hell and the gyms here are permanently on freezer mode. Are the SBDs good? Cos that's only what I can find here.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 21 2015 10:12 GMT
#859
On May 21 2015 14:05 Ehzera wrote:
Yeah they're sore as hell and the gyms here are permanently on freezer mode. Are the SBDs good? Cos that's only what I can find here.

SBDs are incredibly popular. I've never used them but I've heard good things about them.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 22 2015 12:24 GMT
#860
First real road session this morning on the bike and it felt nice Still a little chilly though. Worst part was my hands cramping / being uncomfortable. I'm guessing I just need to get more time in to get used to it.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 12m
INu's Battles
15h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 12m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.