• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:48
CEST 22:48
KST 05:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8932 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 44

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 234 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 22 2015 14:51 GMT
#861
Holy shit the legs on that cyclist

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
May 22 2015 15:06 GMT
#862
On May 22 2015 23:51 decafchicken wrote:
Holy shit the legs on that cyclist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=461&v=lUE0rqRqZmM


Yep, cyclists have insane legs.... and Johannes Luckas is no slouch either lol..

So I recently got a pair of lifting shoes, and I got to admit they make a huge difference when doing weights in the 1-6 rep range. I felt a lot more stable going down and reaching my parallel. Previously I did it with normal sneakers, but I started feeling wobbly as I was going down and coming up, so I invested into the shoes.
Yargh
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
May 22 2015 15:07 GMT
#863
Looking at that dudes quads makes my knees hurt.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 22 2015 15:34 GMT
#864
His squat technique was interesting, every one looked like a really elegant failure.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 22 2015 15:51 GMT
#865
On May 23 2015 00:34 Osmoses wrote:
His squat technique was interesting, every one looked like a really elegant failure.


Huh? They were pretty much perfect.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-22 16:53:50
May 22 2015 16:50 GMT
#866
Are the legs supposed to wobble like that? To mea perfect squat is like a machine, no caving of the knees and a completely static upper body, but hes being very fluid and wavy to me.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 22 2015 16:52 GMT
#867
What wobble? When they come in a bit on the ascent? Just engages his quads more (he's obviously quad dominant). Personally I'd like to see toes a bit more forward and a little more glute med activation but nothing to really complain about. He's very solid, it's not like he's collapsing inwards.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-22 17:00:59
May 22 2015 16:55 GMT
#868
Well whatever hes doing looks very elegant somehow :p

Btw what do you mean by glute med activation and how can you tell he needs more?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 22 2015 18:18 GMT
#869
On May 23 2015 00:34 Osmoses wrote:
His squat technique was interesting, every one looked like a really elegant failure.


Spoken like a man who has never had 500 lbs on his back -__________-
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 11:15:15
May 22 2015 18:33 GMT
#870
I imagine my form would break, but then it wouldn't look right, would it?

Edit: speaking of breaking, my left knee is fucked, but oddly enough its only when I play golf. I can max squat no problem, but despite foamrolling the shit out of my legs this week it only took until hole 6 before I started limping.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 24 2015 03:16 GMT
#871
that squat technique is probably better than 80% percent of people you see everywhere doing fucking squats.

a couple of days ago I saw a video of a CF thing, where this dude did a Clean, but catched the lift with his toes. Wearing romaleos.

I proceeded to eat cake and cry in sadness.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
May 24 2015 12:31 GMT
#872
On May 24 2015 12:16 funkie wrote:
that squat technique is probably better than 80% percent of people you see everywhere doing fucking squats.

a couple of days ago I saw a video of a CF thing, where this dude did a Clean, but catched the lift with his toes. Wearing romaleos.

I proceeded to eat cake and cry in sadness.


I would like to go to a gym where 20% have better form that that. The amount of quarter squats (not even half) and squat-mornings I see at my gym makes my eyes bleed.

Done attempting/setting PRs for this cycle. Weights in kg.

Squat 170
DL 205
bench failed 130 spectacularly.
OHP failed 75 narrowly, did 2 reps at 72.5

After my knees got better, I'm very happy with lower body progress. For me, as long as the squat progress, I don't need anything special for the dead lift, it just follows.

Bench continues to struggle, haven't improved in forever now it feels like. Pretty sure that a major issue is that I "fight" the weight too much on the decent and lose tightness. Will try to incorporate spoto press with as heavy weights as I dare. Will probably buy writs wraps.

OH has improved a lot after being stalled for a long time. Will increase my goal for the year to a bw press.

BW around 80kg, will hold off cutting for the time being. After all, you don't miss your abs when you've never seen them anyways =(
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 26 2015 09:46 GMT
#873
Attempted a 4 plate pull today, only got 170kg :-(
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 26 2015 11:22 GMT
#874
On May 26 2015 18:46 Ehzera wrote:
Attempted a 4 plate pull today, only got 170kg :-(

All things considered still pretty beast.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 26 2015 15:41 GMT
#875
I just hit what feels like a nice squat PR. It's still tiny, but I hit 220x6x3. The first and last sets didn't really feel that tough and I felt like I had another two reps in the first set. Unfortunately I misgrooved the fourth rep in the second set so I almost failed (got stuck in the bottom and turned it into a pause squat). Doing the higher volume leg day seems to have definitely made a difference on my lower volume leg day.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 26 2015 15:49 GMT
#876
On May 27 2015 00:41 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just hit what feels like a nice squat PR. It's still tiny, but I hit 220x6x3. The first and last sets didn't really feel that tough and I felt like I had another two reps in the first set. Unfortunately I misgrooved the fourth rep in the second set so I almost failed (got stuck in the bottom and turned it into a pause squat). Doing the higher volume leg day seems to have definitely made a difference on my lower volume leg day.

Doing one day per week high volume squats at around 1xBW has also helped me a lot with the pure strength squatting. Can recommend.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 26 2015 16:11 GMT
#877
On May 27 2015 00:49 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 00:41 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just hit what feels like a nice squat PR. It's still tiny, but I hit 220x6x3. The first and last sets didn't really feel that tough and I felt like I had another two reps in the first set. Unfortunately I misgrooved the fourth rep in the second set so I almost failed (got stuck in the bottom and turned it into a pause squat). Doing the higher volume leg day seems to have definitely made a difference on my lower volume leg day.

Doing one day per week high volume squats at around 1xBW has also helped me a lot with the pure strength squatting. Can recommend.

Yeah. It's not super high volume (5x8), but that combined with the additional quad work and sumo deadlifts seem like they're helping fix any imbalances I have. I also hit a nice PR for deadlift right after the squats at 310x6.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
May 26 2015 23:02 GMT
#878
So a bit of an update from me, after I asked to be perm banned if not meeting my goal, but since nobody said anything... Time to share my progress.

The seven classes was really brutal, and I guess I didn't have enough will power to keep to a super strict schedule, but then my finals happened. During my 11 days of finals and preparation, I lost 8 pounds (from 185 to 177), yeah, that's what happens when you have 500 calories a day and 2-3 hours of sleep for 10 days. Either way, I finished the semester quite well, and surprisingly, kept most of my strength, and fat is what I've lost.

So currently I'm at 174-175lb, and at 5'9"-5'10", which I'm quite happy about - if I had the exact same amount of muscle, ideally I'd want to be at 168-170lb.

I've been shying away from power-lifting, and focusing more on athletics. I have decided I'm going to do something stupid but fun in August, and that is that I'm going to bike 1300km to TI5 (Dota 2). So anyway, I've been getting into mad shape for that, every single time I see my girlfriend, I bike (40km one way), and 3-5x a week, I go for 20-100km bike rides. Next week I'm finally getting a real bike, to get used to the clips and so forth, so if you guys have any recommendations for bicycles, I would appreciate any help:

I'm using pinkbike, right here: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?location=35-1-*&category=26 ... And looking for a bicycle for <$1500, if you see any that are higher but you think they can get bargained, feel free to suggest those too. I understand the basics like the different groupsets, and carbon frame vs aluminum frame etc, but not the really small details, so if any cyclist enthusiasts are here, I would appreciate any suggestions for what seems like a good deal.

As for what I'm lifting, I still workout 3-4x a week, haven't missed a single workout since finals, but I wasn't doing all that great before, so I'm at pretty bad weights (5-8 rep sets):

Bench - 165lb
Deadlift - 265lb
OHDP - 40-45lb T__T
Pull-ups - 5-8 (yay, could barely do one like 4 months ago)
Bent over barbell rows - 70lb

So yeah, just to give an idea of my strength, I'm quite pleased with it considering I'm so much smaller and more agile. My home squat rack, powerblocks, and all that stuff is really nice, very happy with everything. I don't do squats anymore, as my legs can't handle doing both, so pretty much, no leg day in the gym for me. After seeing the quads of that cyclist that decafchicken posted, I'm not too concerned though

Besides still getting sore after workout, the only thing I have to complain about is my triceps, like... My triceps fatigue before chest on bench-press and my grip is quite wide for my height, I grip my pinkies at that non-knurled part of the bar. And it kind of sucks, because then I can't do shoulders two days later.

My workout schedule is very free-style like, I feel like I've gained an understanding of how things work after working out for years before I let myself get to shit, and just reading a lot online.

I do:

Day 1: Upper back (usually pulls-ups or lat pulldowns, then close grip cable rows or bent over dumbell rows, and then sometimes bent over barbell rows) + Deadlift + Core (2-3 exercises, 5 sets, maybe 15-35 reps)

Day 2: Chest (Regular or Decline bench, then incline dumbbell, then flat or incline fly's), Biceps (usually 1 exercise, sometimes I'll add another, usually tired from Day 1.

Day 3: Hang-cleans + standing barbell press (does that have a name?), 2-3 Shoulder exercises (OHDP, then raise arms up in front of you while holding dumbbells, sometimes I do that, and then move them to the side, bring them down, and raise them from the side, and reverse flies (while on my belly), 1-2 tricep exercise (Usually I'm done, so it's usually first skull crushers, and sometimes I'll add in tricep extentions, and might finish off with a set or two of super close grip bench press.

Day 4: More core, but like the "girly core", like planks, side planks, superman thing (laying on belly, and lifting legs and chest up), resistance bands... Just hit all the little muscles that aren't needed much for weight lifting strength I guess. Some grip work, and flexibility work.

So yeah, any input is appreciated as always!
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 27 2015 01:51 GMT
#879
I don't really have anything to say :l

Today I finally did a 200 pound strict press (90kg)
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 27 2015 02:10 GMT
#880
You know that cyclist does squats right? You know that if you want to improve your cycling performance increasing your squat strength is probably the most important thing you can do besides simply getting in shape to handle the metabolic load of that much cardio? That dude has huge quads because he's massively strong, and because he does a lot of cycling. He probably does a lot of cycling because he has sick leg genetics to begin with. But you are doing yourself a disservice if you aren't squatting.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 12m
INu's Battles
15h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 12m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.