• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:06
CEST 06:06
KST 13:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8266 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 40

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 234 Next
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 09 2015 14:47 GMT
#781
On May 09 2015 23:05 Jerubaal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2015 21:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 09 2015 10:54 Jerubaal wrote:
No?

I thought that was more for longer legged guys.


Are your fundamentals good? (Abs tight before an during deadlift, pushing trough your heels, squeezing glutes?)


I think so, but I really would need someone else to look at me. I'm going to try to those back strengthening exercises phyre suggested.

Have you tried glute activation exercises? Josh Hancott recently talked about how he was getting 0% glute activation in the squat/deadlift and how it caused severe back pain.

You might also want to look into resetting your pelvis. If you own Becoming a Supple Leopard, there's a section that deals with how to reset your pelvis and alleviate lower back pain. The one caveat to this is that by doing this you essentially just give yourself a quick fix to a complicated issue.

There's also a workout that's floating around Reddit.

NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
May 10 2015 05:52 GMT
#782
I got "promoted' to stroke seat this week. Aww yiss. Also, when rowing season ends in two months I get to lift again. Does anyone have tips on how to get back into lifting 5-6x a week? A little worried about crippling DOMS. Can I just go as heavy as I am capable of, or should I hold back a little the first sessions?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 10 2015 06:49 GMT
#783
Get huge or die mirin.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-10 19:11:12
May 10 2015 19:10 GMT
#784
Feeling pretty good. Surpassed my previous max bench by hitting 165x6x3 today. Yesterday I hit 285x6x3 on deadlifts, so I'm happy overall with my progress for 11 weeks. Unfortunately I've missed some workouts over the last couple of weeks, but I've been relatively consistent other than a few workouts. Really hope that I can hit a two plate bench before I start my cut, and I'd love to hit a four plate deadlift before I start my cut. I have absolutely no hope for a three plate squat though. I'd have to increase my squat by around 70 pounds in 7 weeks to get there.

On an unrelated note, I have three days of school left. I have three finals left and then I'm done with high school. My depression has almost completely subsided, and I'm feeling much, much better overall as well.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 10 2015 23:10 GMT
#785
Been cutting sugar out of my diet. Been rowing 4-5 days a week in addition to lifting. Down 20 lbs from 240lbs to 220lbs since February. Seems more noticeable in person.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


@mtlguitarist
You should definitely hit a 4 plate deadlift and 3 plate squat before you cut. People waste so much time cutting before they have enough muscle.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 12 2015 11:12 GMT
#786
Good answers on how to fix butt wink? I keep seeing so many different answer online. My buttwink results in a kinda raw lower back after I squat.

One thing I see online is that butt wink comes from a weak core, and I haven't been done any ab work before in my life. So should I add in ab work? Also, I think I'm spine upper back is also losing tightness when I squat, because the bar jumps off my back when I come up from the squat. Any general advice?

Will post a form video soon.

Fuck tho, I feel really sick last week, had to stop going to the gym for the entire week. Came back today, and damn, I could barely squat 2 plates for 5 reps when previous I did 120kg for 5 w/ relative ease. Knees also felt like they were going to explode when I came back today. Sigh. Extremely bad day for me. How do I get back on my feet?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 12 2015 12:40 GMT
#787
@buttwink: Only thing that worked for me was to stretch the shit out of my hamstrings.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 12 2015 12:49 GMT
#788
On May 12 2015 21:40 Osmoses wrote:
@buttwink: Only thing that worked for me was to stretch the shit out of my hamstrings.


Second this. I don't think it's that important as they make it on on the internet tbh.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
May 12 2015 13:21 GMT
#789
As Osmoses suggested, buttwink usually happens when the hamstrings are too tight, leading to a misactivation of the glutes as they attempt to "catch" what the tight hamstrings fail to at the bottom of the rep. More stretching, more myofascial release, and more form reps will help. I'd also make sure that the hip flexors are nice and limber as well.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
May 12 2015 13:54 GMT
#790
On May 12 2015 21:40 Osmoses wrote:
@buttwink: Only thing that worked for me was to stretch the shit out of my hamstrings.


Seconded... also, a lacrosse ball and firm roller are godsends. Definitely hit your glutes as well pre-squat day.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 12 2015 14:01 GMT
#791
On May 12 2015 20:12 Ehzera wrote:
Good answers on how to fix butt wink? I keep seeing so many different answer online. My buttwink results in a kinda raw lower back after I squat.

One thing I see online is that butt wink comes from a weak core, and I haven't been done any ab work before in my life. So should I add in ab work? Also, I think I'm spine upper back is also losing tightness when I squat, because the bar jumps off my back when I come up from the squat. Any general advice?

Will post a form video soon.

Fuck tho, I feel really sick last week, had to stop going to the gym for the entire week. Came back today, and damn, I could barely squat 2 plates for 5 reps when previous I did 120kg for 5 w/ relative ease. Knees also felt like they were going to explode when I came back today. Sigh. Extremely bad day for me. How do I get back on my feet?


As mentioned it could be tight hamstrings but not necessarily. If it is do some stretching and foam rolling. Also try putting a lacrosse ball under your hamstrings where their tight and sit on it with your legs hanging off a table or something and work your leg through range of motion while targeting tight spots with the lax ball. This is going to hurt A LOT.

It could also be from weak core, but keep in mind this is more than just your abs. I started butt winking (which I never do) when I messed up my knee due to hip activation. Your 'core' for the purpose of the squat should be everything that stabilizes your pelvis and spine which is going to be a lot of hip/back/ab muscles that all work together to keep your spine and pelvis neutral when activated properly.

Everything you could want to know about the butt wink and links to articles on different parts of it:
http://bretcontreras.com/squat-biomechanics-butt-wink-what-is-it-what-causes-it-how-can-it-be-improved/
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-12 14:24:08
May 12 2015 14:23 GMT
#792
I've found the best release technique for hamstrings (after a profesional sports massage) is to have someone walk over your hamstrings while you lie down in the floor. I also tried them walking on my back but I didn't get anything out of it.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 12 2015 16:34 GMT
#793
I actually think butt wink is pretty important. I am almost sure that it is the main culprit in any strain or injury I get when squatting and its very difficult to eliminate if you have it now because there are a ton of possible causes.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 13 2015 00:31 GMT
#794
Thanks for the responses guys, and yeah I agree with IgnE. Pretty sure my wink is the reason why my lower back feels like shit.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 13 2015 02:07 GMT
#795
Today I sumo deadlifted 240kg with a belt. I think I'll have to switch to the dark side
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 13 2015 07:50 GMT
#796
Just watch yer toes.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
May 13 2015 13:02 GMT
#797
Try semi-sumo. I am loving it
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 13 2015 13:46 GMT
#798
On May 13 2015 11:07 GoTuNk! wrote:
Today I sumo deadlifted 240kg with a belt. I think I'll have to switch to the dark side


nooooooo don't do it
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
May 13 2015 21:59 GMT
#799
First Time I row today, 2K for 10min14 weak as usual
But I squated 5x5 75kg monday et front squat 5x3 65kg yesterday at 67kg

One day I will be a strong dude, soon (tm)
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 14 2015 12:12 GMT
#800
Finishing a 2k row on your first try gets props from me
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2037
Snow 61
NaDa 33
Bale 28
Noble 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
Counter-Strike
taco 560
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1405
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1094
WinterStarcraft675
Other Games
summit1g8980
Doublelift2321
JimRising 676
PiGStarcraft290
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0183
Maynarde138
ViBE79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• practicex 22
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki170
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1170
• Rush627
• Stunt238
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 54m
OSC
8h 54m
Stellar Fest
8h 54m
OSC
19h 54m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.