• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8073 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 39

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 234 Next
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 29 2015 16:03 GMT
#761
I'm just impressed he is still writing basically the same stuff that he was writing 8 years ago.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 29 2015 16:38 GMT
#762
On April 30 2015 01:03 IgnE wrote:
I'm just impressed he is still writing basically the same stuff that he was writing 8 years ago.

modern writers about fitness spend more time complaining about what lifters do than they actually spend giving helpful advice. They endlessly discuss the perceived lack of progress in their subjects, deride their efforts, and nitpick their desire to improve, because doing all of that shit means they never actually have to write something useful for once
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 29 2015 16:49 GMT
#763
On April 30 2015 01:38 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2015 01:03 IgnE wrote:
I'm just impressed he is still writing basically the same stuff that he was writing 8 years ago.

modern writers about fitness spend more time complaining about what lifters do than they actually spend giving helpful advice. They endlessly discuss the perceived lack of progress in their subjects, deride their efforts, and nitpick their desire to improve, because doing all of that shit means they never actually have to write something useful for once


Have you read his blog? It's one of the most vast source knowledge on anything strength training related out there.

The fact that it doesn't contain a recommended pre set routine for it's readers (SS, madcow, candito), and instead, describes a vast array of methodologies and training from various lifters attests to this fact.
The author is also a former WR total holder in powerlifting.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 03 2015 22:00 GMT
#764
Had an absolutely terrible workout two days ago. Everything went wrong that could have. I forgot that I was supposed to do sets of 6 and only did sets of 5 for my first two sets, unevenly loaded the bar during bent over rows (forgot a 5 lbs weight on one side), and was so out of it by the time that I did OHP that I just couldn't hit all of the reps I was supposed to. To add onto that, my day ended on an absolutely terrible note and fucked over basically my entire weekend.

Today's workout wasn't terrible, although I'm still pretty tired overall and skipped the accessory work. Also, for any of you who aren't subscribed to Clarence:

Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
May 03 2015 23:53 GMT
#765
Ok for one seconde I though that was you, I was jealous !
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 04 2015 07:43 GMT
#766
I started my golf season this weekend and my back immediately started cramping when I bent over to putt. Time to get that long-put-off massage I think.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 05 2015 00:14 GMT
#767
Clarence is a beast. He needs better clothing though. His legs look monstrous.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
May 06 2015 19:51 GMT
#768
Today
Heavy Single Snatch : 47,5 kg (PR)
Heavy Single Clean and Jerk : 60 kg (PR but I had done it previously)
Heavy Single FS : 82,5 kg (PR)

One hour each I was dead at the end didn't have the will to do back and abs
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
May 07 2015 07:21 GMT
#769
On May 07 2015 04:51 Philozovic wrote:
Today
Heavy Single Snatch : 47,5 kg (PR)
Heavy Single Clean and Jerk : 60 kg (PR but I had done it previously)
Heavy Single FS : 82,5 kg (PR)

One hour each I was dead at the end didn't have the will to do back and abs


with this amount of snatch cj and fs, you don't need isolation workout for back and abs... that's a monstrous core workout already
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-07 13:53:47
May 07 2015 13:53 GMT
#770
On May 07 2015 16:21 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2015 04:51 Philozovic wrote:
Today
Heavy Single Snatch : 47,5 kg (PR)
Heavy Single Clean and Jerk : 60 kg (PR but I had done it previously)
Heavy Single FS : 82,5 kg (PR)

One hour each I was dead at the end didn't have the will to do back and abs


with this amount of snatch cj and fs, you don't need isolation workout for back and abs... that's a monstrous core workout already


Depending on his strength and development, adding some core work could be really beneficial. Doesn't necessarily need to be difficult but just doing some activation and different planes of motion can help, a lot of people don't necessarily brace themselves correctly in the olympic and overhead movements so just doing somethings like hollow rocks, planks, reverse hypers, etc. with an emphasis on activating the core and glutes is good since a lot of people will just shift the work to their back.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 07 2015 13:55 GMT
#771
On May 07 2015 22:53 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2015 16:21 Cambium wrote:
On May 07 2015 04:51 Philozovic wrote:
Today
Heavy Single Snatch : 47,5 kg (PR)
Heavy Single Clean and Jerk : 60 kg (PR but I had done it previously)
Heavy Single FS : 82,5 kg (PR)

One hour each I was dead at the end didn't have the will to do back and abs


with this amount of snatch cj and fs, you don't need isolation workout for back and abs... that's a monstrous core workout already


Depending on his strength and development, adding some core work could be really beneficial. Doesn't necessarily need to be difficult but just doing some activation and different planes of motion can help, a lot of people don't necessarily brace themselves correctly in the olympic and overhead movements so just doing somethings like hollow rocks, planks, reverse hypers, etc. with an emphasis on activating the core and glutes is good since a lot of people will just shift the work to their back.


You mean a Crossfit Warm up ?

You can always do more acessory work, and it's pretty much always beneficial.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 09 2015 01:17 GMT
#772
So I dun fucked up. I aggravated an injury deadlifting on Monday (this is after a 3-4 month layoff from the first time) on Monday. Today I thought I'd just squat since it was in my lower back. Big. Mistake. I've never hurt so much leaving the gym. I don't think it's a major injury, but it's definitely at least a strain. I think I'm going to have to shelve deadlifting for good. I don't really trust the ass-clown doctors around here and there aren't any good gyms. It's just not worth getting injured.I'll just focus on losing some damn weight and my upper body. I can still squat I think, but, otherwise, #RIP Legday.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-09 01:21:57
May 09 2015 01:19 GMT
#773
On May 09 2015 10:17 Jerubaal wrote:
So I dun fucked up. I aggravated an injury deadlifting on Monday (this is after a 3-4 month layoff from the first time) on Monday. Today I thought I'd just squat since it was in my lower back. Big. Mistake. I've never hurt so much leaving the gym. I don't think it's a major injury, but it's definitely at least a strain. I think I'm going to have to shelve deadlifting for good. I don't really trust the ass-clown doctors around here and there aren't any good gyms. It's just not worth getting injured.I'll just focus on losing some damn weight and my upper body. I can still squat I think, but, otherwise, #RIP Legday.

think about a switch to front squats. Do isolateral hamstring stuff, work on your hip flexors (both stretches and psoas massage) see a chiropractor, try looking into these:


Helped me a ton with a similar injury.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 09 2015 01:29 GMT
#774
On May 09 2015 10:17 Jerubaal wrote:
So I dun fucked up. I aggravated an injury deadlifting on Monday (this is after a 3-4 month layoff from the first time) on Monday. Today I thought I'd just squat since it was in my lower back. Big. Mistake. I've never hurt so much leaving the gym. I don't think it's a major injury, but it's definitely at least a strain. I think I'm going to have to shelve deadlifting for good. I don't really trust the ass-clown doctors around here and there aren't any good gyms. It's just not worth getting injured.I'll just focus on losing some damn weight and my upper body. I can still squat I think, but, otherwise, #RIP Legday.


Were you deadlifting sumo?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-09 02:02:08
May 09 2015 01:54 GMT
#775
No?

I thought that was more for longer legged guys.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-09 02:05:14
May 09 2015 02:05 GMT
#776
If you keep hurting your back you might want to try it out. It's the only way I do deadlifts these days.

When you are back to 100% of course.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 09 2015 02:13 GMT
#777
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that stuff out.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 09 2015 12:44 GMT
#778
On May 09 2015 10:54 Jerubaal wrote:
No?

I thought that was more for longer legged guys.


Are your fundamentals good? (Abs tight before an during deadlift, pushing trough your heels, squeezing glutes?)
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
May 09 2015 12:56 GMT
#779
I would try semi sumo deadlifts. I seriously fucked up my back a year ago, and thought I couldnt deadlift anymore. I started semi- sumo deadlift and it is actually improving my back pain. That and trap bar deadlifts are your best bet.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 09 2015 14:05 GMT
#780
On May 09 2015 21:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2015 10:54 Jerubaal wrote:
No?

I thought that was more for longer legged guys.


Are your fundamentals good? (Abs tight before an during deadlift, pushing trough your heels, squeezing glutes?)


I think so, but I really would need someone else to look at me. I'm going to try to those back strengthening exercises phyre suggested.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 51m
Stellar Fest
16h 51m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.