• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7658 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 37

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 234 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 21 2015 19:59 GMT
#721
I've been very happy with ON performance whey. Taste and mixing have been great. I haven't mathed any price differences recently but I'd guess the premium is worth it if there's cheaper out there.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JumpinJupiters
Profile Joined January 2004
Brazil23 Posts
April 22 2015 10:56 GMT
#722
Gotunk them deadlifts be sick grats!

Deadlifts is the one exercise that i have basically not improved since joining cf my 1 rep max is 200kgs. A friend once recommended opening my legs up more having a wider stance and i have been doing that but still about the same. I'm 1'92 in height any thoughts on how wide legs should be or is whatever is more comfortable for me ok?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 22 2015 12:50 GMT
#723
On April 22 2015 19:56 JumpinJupiters wrote:
Gotunk them deadlifts be sick grats!

Deadlifts is the one exercise that i have basically not improved since joining cf my 1 rep max is 200kgs. A friend once recommended opening my legs up more having a wider stance and i have been doing that but still about the same. I'm 1'92 in height any thoughts on how wide legs should be or is whatever is more comfortable for me ok?


Your legs should be as close together as you can without having your glutes and thighs interfering with your lockout.

Post a video for more pointers.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
April 22 2015 13:11 GMT
#724
Maybe he was recommending sumo deadlifts?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 22 2015 13:21 GMT
#725
On April 21 2015 21:40 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2015 22:35 decafchicken wrote:
On April 15 2015 21:34 mordek wrote:
On April 15 2015 11:12 IgnE wrote:
lacrosse balls.

Yep.


+1 Pretty much the only thing that can get into my hips/back/shoulders. Also have one of these for legs and whatnot:

[image loading]



How much better is the longer one vs the smaller one. I have the original, find it a little harder to roll on it for some areas of my leg. Wouldn't mind paying for a longer one if it's more stable


I like the longer one better personally.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 22 2015 17:42 GMT
#726
https://instagram.com/p/1ySKE0wCJb/

Squatted 4 plates for the first time in almost half a year...feels good man
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 22 2015 23:48 GMT
#727
Bench today felt the easiest it's ever felt at a comparable weight. Benched 155 lbs 3x6 and it just felt very easy. I had some upper back pain/neck tightness from a strain a couple of days ago, but other than that it moved much better than that weight ever has. I know it's not particularly impressive, but I feel like doing flyes and other assistance work (maybe spoto press?) have really helped my bench go up. Similarly, 115x6 for OHP felt way easier than it ever has, maybe because of the shrugs and lateral raises I've been doing. Again, pullups @BW+35 lbs felt really smooth and I didn't struggle that much to complete all six reps. Rows are getting really tough, so I might slow down the progression compared to what I had hoped to hit this cycle.

What lower body exercises can you do with just a barbell, some light dumbbells, a squat rack, some light resistance bands, and a bench? I'm thinking about doing a pistol squat progression from a seated position on the bench, maybe doing some barbell hip thrusts, and obviously squat/deadlift variations. I don't think I have enough weight/space to make dumbbell lunges a viable option, but I'm not really sure what else you can do for your lower body other than the aforementioned exercises. Any thoughts?

Overall I'm pretty happy with my progression and excited to say that I've really only missed two workouts out of the last two months working out at least 4x/week.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 23 2015 01:22 GMT
#728
Barbell lunges.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 23 2015 01:24 GMT
#729
glad to see progress too. consistency trumps everything
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 23 2015 08:34 GMT
#730
Pretty happy as well with my recent results. Scored a post surgery squat 3x5 PR this week at 110kg and I am confident to move on from here to get my overall PR of 117.5kg.

Also back at 3 plates DL and just shy of 2xBW DL.

Tried benching again but my left shoulder is still a complete mess. If I can get it into place I can easily rep out 90kg, but at some point inevitably my scapula slides out from under my back and I can't get it retracted again and can't even lift BW anymore with the useless left side.

Saturday I will climb Wildspitze, Austria's second highest peak at 3800m. Pretty excited but somewhat worried my weak cardio endurance will leave my collapsed in the snow somewhere.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 23 2015 09:04 GMT
#731
As long as that collapse isn't immediately preceded by a 3800m freefall you'll be fine.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
April 23 2015 16:44 GMT
#732
Say my 1RM for the squat is 150kg, and I wanna hit 175kg as soon as possible, what's the best way to do it? Smolov? Smolov Jr.?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-23 16:54:53
April 23 2015 16:54 GMT
#733
On April 24 2015 01:44 Ehzera wrote:
Say my 1RM for the squat is 150kg, and I wanna hit 175kg as soon as possible, what's the best way to do it? Smolov? Smolov Jr.?


Smolov works because of high volume, high intensity and and squat specialization. (you can't train oly lifting or deadlifts)

That said, 25kg increase in a 4 week period is prolly too ambitious.

Keep your training as you are now, and once you are at 160 go for smolov base cycle.

Smolov Jr. is the cry baby version, dont do it.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
April 23 2015 23:12 GMT
#734
Alright, thanks! Just asking because the U83kg sub-jr (I'm still sub-jr cos I'm 18 right?) National record is 170kg and I feel like I can beat that. Plus, there might be a meet at the end of the year, so I can use my first meet to snipe that record :^)
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 24 2015 00:53 GMT
#735
On April 24 2015 08:12 Ehzera wrote:
Alright, thanks! Just asking because the U83kg sub-jr (I'm still sub-jr cos I'm 18 right?) National record is 170kg and I feel like I can beat that. Plus, there might be a meet at the end of the year, so I can use my first meet to snipe that record :^)


Def go for it. Make sure the meet you will attend can validate your record.

You can try 171 I think. 172,5kg for sure.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 24 2015 22:54 GMT
#736
Last day at my weightlifting gym today til next fall, hit 58kilo snatch (2 kg pr) and 75 c&j (pr tie). I'll have limited access to bumper plates over the summer but I still have everything else, so I was wondering what you guys think the best use of my time would be? Current back squat is 112kg, front 93kg for reference. My goal is obviously to get as strong as possible and also gain a bunch of weight, but I don't know what routine to follow. Bw is around 69kg.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 25 2015 00:50 GMT
#737
On April 25 2015 07:54 Najda wrote:
Last day at my weightlifting gym today til next fall, hit 58kilo snatch (2 kg pr) and 75 c&j (pr tie). I'll have limited access to bumper plates over the summer but I still have everything else, so I was wondering what you guys think the best use of my time would be? Current back squat is 112kg, front 93kg for reference. My goal is obviously to get as strong as possible and also gain a bunch of weight, but I don't know what routine to follow. Bw is around 69kg.


Squat, Deadlift, Benches, OHP and pull ups are the way to a strong and big body.

If you add 50kg to your back squat your oly lifts will go up fast once you start practicing them again.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 25 2015 04:55 GMT
#738
On April 25 2015 09:50 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2015 07:54 Najda wrote:
Last day at my weightlifting gym today til next fall, hit 58kilo snatch (2 kg pr) and 75 c&j (pr tie). I'll have limited access to bumper plates over the summer but I still have everything else, so I was wondering what you guys think the best use of my time would be? Current back squat is 112kg, front 93kg for reference. My goal is obviously to get as strong as possible and also gain a bunch of weight, but I don't know what routine to follow. Bw is around 69kg.


Squat, Deadlift, Benches, OHP and pull ups are the way to a strong and big body.

If you add 50kg to your back squat your oly lifts will go up fast once you start practicing them again.


Do you think a linear program or something like 5/3/1 would be more beneficial for me at this point?
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-25 08:13:06
April 25 2015 08:06 GMT
#739
Gotunk, can I just yolo and start running the full Smolov on Monday? I can forsee rl stresses coming up in the later parts of the year, and I don't think I'll be able to run Smolov then.

Thinking about using a more conservative max (140kg instead of 145kg), and then maybe training tris+bis because I'm vain like that? Sounds good?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 25 2015 11:56 GMT
#740
how tall are you Najda?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
UpATreeSC 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 960
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 83
Zeus 69
Trap 43
910 39
Bale 23
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
zelot 14
Shine 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5940
420jenkins234
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Fnx 918
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1896
Other Games
summit1g4752
Grubby3068
Beastyqt701
B2W.Neo607
byalli413
C9.Mang0164
KnowMe160
TKL 148
shahzam90
BRAT_OK 67
Chillindude14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur377
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 36m
Stellar Fest
17h 36m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.