• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8889 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 35

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 234 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 15 2015 01:53 GMT
#681
OHP: 65kgx8x3, 65x5
Deficit DL 195kgx3x5
Dips 40kgx10x3 (close to 1/2 bodyweight, felt pretty badass)
Sumo DL 160 170 180 190x3
Back Extensions
coolTLname
Profile Joined January 2015
United States315 Posts
April 15 2015 02:07 GMT
#682
so ive been using a tennis ball for my back/shoulder knots and i feel amazing. What do u guys use?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 15 2015 02:12 GMT
#683
lacrosse balls.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 15 2015 12:34 GMT
#684
On April 15 2015 11:12 IgnE wrote:
lacrosse balls.

Yep.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 15 2015 13:35 GMT
#685
On April 15 2015 21:34 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2015 11:12 IgnE wrote:
lacrosse balls.

Yep.


+1 Pretty much the only thing that can get into my hips/back/shoulders. Also have one of these for legs and whatnot:

[image loading]
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 15 2015 15:16 GMT
#686
Bandy ball, nothing hurts quite like sitting my glutes down onto one of those
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 15 2015 16:05 GMT
#687
TIL about euro hockey
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
April 15 2015 23:40 GMT
#688
Could I ask you guys for a form check on these squats? They are my work sets from today and I fear I'm not getting deep enough. Feel free to mute my expletives and the BTTV.

+ Show Spoiler +
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
April 16 2015 05:34 GMT
#689
Damn Kronen you have really long femurs and loving that intensity 8)

Anyway, I think the squats were just barely below parallel, kinda hard to see with the hoodie!
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 16 2015 14:39 GMT
#690
To people in a typical commercial gym: Does everyone at your gym deadlift now as well? 2015 deadlift really seems to be the new trend. Once I walked in and only one bench had a bar left, all the others were all over the place with people pulling away. This would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Is it similar in other places?
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
April 16 2015 15:07 GMT
#691
On April 16 2015 14:34 Ehzera wrote:
Damn Kronen you have really long femurs and loving that intensity 8)

Anyway, I think the squats were just barely below parallel, kinda hard to see with the hoodie!


Thanks dude! Thanks also for the Press video and the 5/3/1 variation. I might mix into that program over the summer when life calms down a bit and I can start my first slow bulk. Turns out my Press grip over time gradually morphed into a completely wrong flat angle bench grip. Just lost the feel of it entirely... derp. I'll use the weight reset to reinforce good form.

It's funny you mention femur length because I never realized they were long or that it was effecting me. I did however implement some of the recommended fixes as a way to combat the pronounced butt wink I was suffering when I started lifting. Now I'm feeling better about the toes-out wide stance that I've gravitated towards.

I'll definitely throw up this week's 1+ work set scheduled for Tuesday.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 16 2015 15:51 GMT
#692
On April 16 2015 23:39 zatic wrote:
To people in a typical commercial gym: Does everyone at your gym deadlift now as well? 2015 deadlift really seems to be the new trend. Once I walked in and only one bench had a bar left, all the others were all over the place with people pulling away. This would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Is it similar in other places?

I workout mostly in mainstream globalgym sorta places and proper barbell training have been a thing for a little over two years. Musta been crossfit, I even see people doing clean and jerks regularly.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
April 16 2015 15:58 GMT
#693
On April 16 2015 23:39 zatic wrote:
To people in a typical commercial gym: Does everyone at your gym deadlift now as well? 2015 deadlift really seems to be the new trend. Once I walked in and only one bench had a bar left, all the others were all over the place with people pulling away. This would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Is it similar in other places?


In NYC -

My normal gym (Boom fitness) has a regular group that does squats and deadlifts, and I haven't seen newcomers come in for deadlifts. That being said, we have four benches and one squat rack with one extra bar, and there's way more benchers than squat/deadlifters.

My friend's gym (Blink fitness, multiple locations) usually only has a generic squat rack that doubles as the bench - so it gets taken up usually by people doing squat or bench. Not so much deadlift.
Yargh
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 16 2015 16:37 GMT
#694
Cross fit is taking over.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
April 16 2015 17:21 GMT
#695
On April 16 2015 23:39 zatic wrote:
To people in a typical commercial gym: Does everyone at your gym deadlift now as well? 2015 deadlift really seems to be the new trend. Once I walked in and only one bench had a bar left, all the others were all over the place with people pulling away. This would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Is it similar in other places?

Everyday I'm at the gym for about an hour and I see on average 2-3 people deadlifting. Only slightly more people do squatting. It's a fairly small but busy place, i.e. two benches, one squat rack (one smith machine consuming space...) most of the people are on the various treadmills/other cardio machines taking up the other half of the gym
Sup.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 16 2015 17:27 GMT
#696
Returning to the topic of why I lift, I got that back and shoulder cant-wash-my-hair pump right now. Definitely my favourite.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
April 16 2015 18:33 GMT
#697
On April 16 2015 23:39 zatic wrote:
To people in a typical commercial gym: Does everyone at your gym deadlift now as well? 2015 deadlift really seems to be the new trend. Once I walked in and only one bench had a bar left, all the others were all over the place with people pulling away. This would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Is it similar in other places?

I'm at a small gym and here almost nobody deadlifts. I know maybe 7 -10 who deadlift and 2-3 who do it frequently including me.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
April 16 2015 19:38 GMT
#698
Yeah I se more people dead lifting. Don't know if thats a good thing. I've seen a lot of people with really bad form recently. It's painful just to watch.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 17 2015 13:09 GMT
#699
On April 17 2015 01:37 IgnE wrote:
Cross fit is taking over.

Crossfit is still rather unknown around here. I suspect there is some popular (German) magazine or Youtube channel or something that has been promoting deadlifts recently. It's really just deadlifts, hardly anyone squats but there is bars all over the place with bros pulling.

Had my first bad squat day yesterday in weeks. But still feeling strong and should be able to break a new post knee surgery PR this weekend. Also just 10kg short of pre surgery then.

Also benched for the first time in weeks after the doc unblocked my shoulder with an awful snapping sound. Bench felt good but today my shoulder is stiffer and sorer than before. Currently trying to find a new PT to help with that. So difficult to find someone really good though.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 17 2015 14:43 GMT
#700
I've reduced my pelvic tilt a lot, consequently my Squat seems to finally be moving again.

170x3 paused squats from yesterday:

Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.