• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8889 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 34

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 234 Next
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
April 13 2015 07:28 GMT
#661
On April 13 2015 05:42 coolTLname wrote:
why do u guys enjoy lifting so much? I am uneducated.

In addition to what the rest said getting compliments about your body from other people is nice as well.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 13 2015 07:34 GMT
#662
On that note I am once again dieting. Gone down 6kgs in two weeks, but that's most likely all water. It's still nice though. :3
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-13 13:35:47
April 13 2015 13:35 GMT
#663
Running progress is going well so far, I think I'll make it through the mudder just fine if I keep it up.

Repost from the injury thread for a little more exposure if this interests anyone.
+ Show Spoiler +
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. I've been working on hip/SI region discomfort stuff for awhile. Been working on pelvic stability and glute activation etc.

I've found I can create the "bad feeling" in my SI region by loading my left leg and then leaning left like you see people doing those side bends or whatever, so not straight hinging on my left hip but curling over. Pretty consistently creates the irritation so I'm going to stop now. Does that tell anyone anything? Just curious as I try to pinpoint this stuff. By the way doing this with the right leg has no problems.

Also, a weighted sidelying clamshell movement (like trying to move heavy sheets with your leg in bed lol) feels pretty similar to how my hips feel after going to hard playing ultimate, like the bad muscle lockdown feeling.


Also I love that quote Igne
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
April 13 2015 13:51 GMT
#664
On April 13 2015 09:16 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2015 05:42 coolTLname wrote:
why do u guys enjoy lifting so much? I am uneducated.



“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”


Though a bit extreme, my brother put that quote in a good-looking tat.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 13 2015 15:34 GMT
#665
On April 13 2015 22:35 mordek wrote:
Running progress is going well so far, I think I'll make it through the mudder just fine if I keep it up.

Repost from the injury thread for a little more exposure if this interests anyone.
+ Show Spoiler +
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. I've been working on hip/SI region discomfort stuff for awhile. Been working on pelvic stability and glute activation etc.

I've found I can create the "bad feeling" in my SI region by loading my left leg and then leaning left like you see people doing those side bends or whatever, so not straight hinging on my left hip but curling over. Pretty consistently creates the irritation so I'm going to stop now. Does that tell anyone anything? Just curious as I try to pinpoint this stuff. By the way doing this with the right leg has no problems.

Also, a weighted sidelying clamshell movement (like trying to move heavy sheets with your leg in bed lol) feels pretty similar to how my hips feel after going to hard playing ultimate, like the bad muscle lockdown feeling.


Also I love that quote Igne


Can you see a physical therapist? I think in a lot of states you can go for a limited number of insurance-covered visits before a doctor is required. Knowledgeable PTs are pretty good at diagnosing things like that.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 13 2015 16:25 GMT
#666
Yeah, I went for the same pain stuff/hip dysfunction for a few months two years back. I've had more relief from mwod than during that time It was really frustrating to see no progress while under multiple PTs. I may have to bite the bullet and try again.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 13 2015 16:46 GMT
#667
On April 14 2015 01:25 mordek wrote:
Yeah, I went for the same pain stuff/hip dysfunction for a few months two years back. I've had more relief from mwod than during that time It was really frustrating to see no progress while under multiple PTs. I may have to bite the bullet and try again.


Have you tried a chiro? Seems like a hip release technique plus an aligment might help you.

You can try releasing the hip capsule yourself by putting an elastic band on your ankle while lying down and letting it pull you. Move farther away to increase resistance.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 13 2015 17:15 GMT
#668
Whenever I train abs specifically I shake like crazy, its like the muscles in my core are having a seizure. Ok, they might be weak because I never do situps, but this is like cirkus weak, and its only when I do situps.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-13 17:30:13
April 13 2015 17:29 GMT
#669
On April 14 2015 01:46 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2015 01:25 mordek wrote:
Yeah, I went for the same pain stuff/hip dysfunction for a few months two years back. I've had more relief from mwod than during that time It was really frustrating to see no progress while under multiple PTs. I may have to bite the bullet and try again.


Have you tried a chiro? Seems like a hip release technique plus an aligment might help you.

You can try releasing the hip capsule yourself by putting an elastic band on your ankle while lying down and letting it pull you. Move farther away to increase resistance.

I've seen a chiro roughly every other month for awhile now. Haven't gone since December though to see if things actually get worse and it seems about the same. I've had my leg length checked a few times. I actually did that distraction this weekend for the first time, seemed to irritate it in a similar way as the side bends. This thing has been a nuisance for so long.

What I really want to try is reverse hypers but I have yet to find a place with one of those Might try just grabbing a roman chair backwards but idk
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 13 2015 19:02 GMT
#670
On April 14 2015 02:29 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2015 01:46 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 14 2015 01:25 mordek wrote:
Yeah, I went for the same pain stuff/hip dysfunction for a few months two years back. I've had more relief from mwod than during that time It was really frustrating to see no progress while under multiple PTs. I may have to bite the bullet and try again.


Have you tried a chiro? Seems like a hip release technique plus an aligment might help you.

You can try releasing the hip capsule yourself by putting an elastic band on your ankle while lying down and letting it pull you. Move farther away to increase resistance.

I've seen a chiro roughly every other month for awhile now. Haven't gone since December though to see if things actually get worse and it seems about the same. I've had my leg length checked a few times. I actually did that distraction this weekend for the first time, seemed to irritate it in a similar way as the side bends. This thing has been a nuisance for so long.

What I really want to try is reverse hypers but I have yet to find a place with one of those Might try just grabbing a roman chair backwards but idk


What did the chiro do?

If the chiro was good and he didn't help it means there might be connective tissue damage. Have you had X-rays etc?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 13 2015 22:53 GMT
#671
Today's workout:

BB BP: 60kg x 5-5-5-5
BB Row: 70kg x 6-6-6
MP: 30kg x 8, 40kg x 3 (lol optimistic), 35kg x 6-6
Lat pulldown: 55kg x 8, 65kg x 6 (bad form), 55kg x 8-8 - Did it with 45kg last time...
BB Curlz: 20kg x 10-10-10

Everything moving along nicely.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 14 2015 02:49 GMT
#672
brojarl
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 14 2015 02:57 GMT
#673
3 Sec Pause Squats: 110x5, 120x5, 130x5, 140x5, 145x5, 150x5(PR), 155x5(PR)
Half Squats: 220kgx5x2
BP (3 sec pause) 132.5x2x3, 140x2x3, 147.5x2x3
Front Level Exercises (for abs and scapular retraction)

Half squats are brutal
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 14 2015 09:45 GMT
#674
Is that like only going halfway up before descending again or the other way around?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 14 2015 12:53 GMT
#675
On April 14 2015 04:02 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2015 02:29 mordek wrote:
On April 14 2015 01:46 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 14 2015 01:25 mordek wrote:
Yeah, I went for the same pain stuff/hip dysfunction for a few months two years back. I've had more relief from mwod than during that time It was really frustrating to see no progress while under multiple PTs. I may have to bite the bullet and try again.


Have you tried a chiro? Seems like a hip release technique plus an aligment might help you.

You can try releasing the hip capsule yourself by putting an elastic band on your ankle while lying down and letting it pull you. Move farther away to increase resistance.

I've seen a chiro roughly every other month for awhile now. Haven't gone since December though to see if things actually get worse and it seems about the same. I've had my leg length checked a few times. I actually did that distraction this weekend for the first time, seemed to irritate it in a similar way as the side bends. This thing has been a nuisance for so long.

What I really want to try is reverse hypers but I have yet to find a place with one of those Might try just grabbing a roman chair backwards but idk


What did the chiro do?

If the chiro was good and he didn't help it means there might be connective tissue damage. Have you had X-rays etc?

Chiro adjusted and checked leg length and for rotation in pelvis. I haven't gone as far as to get x-rays though. Thanks for sticking with me on this. I've tried to be thorough in getting diagnosis, just hoping for a gem here or there The side bend thing is new to me so thought I'd throw it out there.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 14 2015 13:00 GMT
#676
On April 14 2015 18:45 Osmoses wrote:
Is that like only going halfway up before descending again or the other way around?


Other way. Doing that with my 1 rep max it's impossible.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-14 19:36:07
April 14 2015 19:35 GMT
#677
On April 14 2015 21:53 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2015 04:02 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 14 2015 02:29 mordek wrote:
On April 14 2015 01:46 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 14 2015 01:25 mordek wrote:
Yeah, I went for the same pain stuff/hip dysfunction for a few months two years back. I've had more relief from mwod than during that time It was really frustrating to see no progress while under multiple PTs. I may have to bite the bullet and try again.


Have you tried a chiro? Seems like a hip release technique plus an aligment might help you.

You can try releasing the hip capsule yourself by putting an elastic band on your ankle while lying down and letting it pull you. Move farther away to increase resistance.

I've seen a chiro roughly every other month for awhile now. Haven't gone since December though to see if things actually get worse and it seems about the same. I've had my leg length checked a few times. I actually did that distraction this weekend for the first time, seemed to irritate it in a similar way as the side bends. This thing has been a nuisance for so long.

What I really want to try is reverse hypers but I have yet to find a place with one of those Might try just grabbing a roman chair backwards but idk


What did the chiro do?

If the chiro was good and he didn't help it means there might be connective tissue damage. Have you had X-rays etc?

Chiro adjusted and checked leg length and for rotation in pelvis. I haven't gone as far as to get x-rays though. Thanks for sticking with me on this. I've tried to be thorough in getting diagnosis, just hoping for a gem here or there The side bend thing is new to me so thought I'd throw it out there.


X-Rays might be overkill (unless you've got solid insurance in which case for it). A good PT/Chiro will do a lot of soft tissue work and check your movement patterns and strengths/weaknesses. Adjustment is just one part of it, if your muscles are out of whack it's going to keep pulling it out of place and if you have incorrect movement patterns it's going keep recurring. There's a lot of stuff you can do on your own in terms of soft tissue work, mobilization, and REHAB WORK(important). It wont be over night but you should see improvement over a couple weeks. Our athletic trainers for rugby are pretty good with SI joints, doing lots of different hip activations/stretching/etc that make it feel a billion times better (need to do it consistently for sustained improvement though). Basically just come to chicago and I'll get you sorted out :p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-14 20:38:34
April 14 2015 20:37 GMT
#678
Not too far actually I'm really trying to stay on the rehab train. I've done a lot of soft tissue work but I'm guessing I didn't have issues before my injury either because I'm just getting older and there's less cycles left in the system or some stuff got turned off. I think the difference will be in getting the activation stuff down.

The loaded one leg side bend thing feels structural though so I'm like what the heck. Maybe it's just already aggravated and that just further annoys it while the other side is calmed down and tolerates it. IDK. That site you linked for your drills has been great though, been incorporating that.

Still skyed some fools today over lunch at ultimate though :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-14 20:42:12
April 14 2015 20:41 GMT
#679
Today's workout:

BB Squat: 100kg x 5-5-5-5-5
Romanian DL: 60kg x 10, 70kg x 8-8-8
FS: 20kg x 10

Cut it short at that, right knee been nagging me for most of the back squats. Need more mobility, tissue work and stretching

tldr: need to do more curlz for that brostatus.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 14 2015 22:42 GMT
#680
On April 11 2015 08:05 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Monday

Squat - 175x6x3
Deadlift - 225x6x2
Front Squat - 155x8x3

Tuesday

Bench Press - 145x6x3
Barbell Row - 155x6x3
Overhead Press - 105x6x1
Pullups - BW+30x6x1
Barbell Shrugs - 155x12x3
Lateral Raises - 20x12x3

Friday
Pause Squat - 145x4x6
Pause Deadlift - 195x4x3
Front Squat - 155x8x3

+ Show Spoiler [summary of the workouts] +
Overall not bad so far this week. On Monday the squats were really easy, the deadlifts were mildly challenging, and the front squats were pretty tough. I wasn't ever really in fear of not being able to hit all of the planned reps though. On Tuesday, everything was really easy except for the barbell rows. I had to switch over to more Pendlay-style rows since it's too hard for me to maintain the position of bodybuilding-style bent over rows. The accessory work was easy though. Going to increase the amount of weight for barbell shrugs tomorrow and I'll probably try to use 25s for the lateral raises tomorrow. Today nothing was particularly bad. The pause squats were a little annoying cause my stomach was killing me, but they were really easy in terms of the weight. The pause deadlifts were again super easy. The front squats were much easier than before, although my fingers feel a little sore by the end of the eighth set.

I should be able to progress fairly easily on every exercise for next week. The front squats seem to be helping a lot for my quad strength, but we'll have to see as I get closer and closer to my previous 5rm for back squats.


In other news, I'm going to Disney World next Thursday at 3 in the morning, so I can't actually lift on Thursday-Sunday. I also got two more pairs of 2.5 lb plates and I got a set of microplates that will hopefully last me for a long time to come. It should help a lot for adding weight to pull ups and maybe OHP when I'm in college. I don't think I'll need it much until college, but they're really portable. I got a $75 Visa gift card for some volunteer work I did for the last three years so I decided to finally buy some microplates :D

Saturday
Spoto Press - 130x4x6
Pause Row - 130x4x6
Overhead Press - 95x10x1
Pullups - BW+7.5x10x1
Barbell Shrugs - 165x12x3

Sunday
Back Squat - 185x6x3
Deadlift - 240x6x2
~didn't have time for anything else on Sunday, so no front squats~

Monday
Bench Press - 150x6x3
Barbell Row - 165x6x3
Overhead Press - 110x6x1
Pullups - BW+35x6x1
Barbell Shrugs - 175x12x3
Lateral Raises - 20x12x3

Tuesday
Pause Squat - 155x4x6
Pause Deadlift - 205x4x3
Front Squat - 165x3x7
Dumbbell Curls - 25x15x3

Everything went relatively smoothly, save the front squats today. I missed my last rep of the 7th set, and didn't go for my 8th set. I don't think it's too much of an issue moving forward, but I knew that my 10 lb/week linear progress would have to end sometime. Everything else feels relatively good, although rows are starting to get pretty difficult. Don't know how long I can keep up 15 lb/week linear progress for deadlifts, but I'm hoping that it will carry me to 300x6. This puts my projected max around 350 lbs, which is basically where I was during last summer. That will leave me in a decent position to finally hit a 4 plate deadlift (roughly 2.5x bodyweight).
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.