• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7360 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 32

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 234 Next
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
April 03 2015 23:13 GMT
#621
On April 04 2015 01:13 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 02:18 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Congrats Celltech! Pretty ridiculous to think how far you've come.

For sure; I was recommended to go to special needs high school by a teacher in elementary, and told I'd end up in a wheelchair by age 20. Hopefully I'll be able to make one of the two University London boats during my time at LSE, they clean house.


Congrats !
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
April 04 2015 00:02 GMT
#622
After stalling twice I finally broke the 30kg 5x5 OHP. Feels so pathetic to post this but still really proud considering I've been facing a bit of pain in my left upper arm recently. On to 32.5KG :D
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 04 2015 16:38 GMT
#623
I just finished up my first 6 week cycle of Jonnie Candito's linear program (the strength/control variant). I want to track my progress somewhere other than my log, so I'm going to be doing a quick analysis after each 6 week cycle.

+ Show Spoiler +
I started each lift at the following weights:

Deadlift: 135 lbs x 6
Squat: 115 lbs x 6
Front Squat: 95 lbs x 8 (eventually switched over to sets of triples)
Barbell Row: 95 lbs x 6
Bench Press: 95 lbs x 6
OHP: 85 lbs x 6

Currently at:

Deadlift: 210x6 (projected max of around 250)
Squat: 165x6 (projected max of around 192)
Front Squat: 145x3 (projected max of around 165 since I could hit that weight for least 5 reps)
Barbell Row: 145x6 (projected max of around 170)
Bench Press: 140x6 (projected max of around 160-165)
Overhead Press: 95x10 (projected max slightly under 130)

The linear progress has been quite easy so far. I really don't expect to have issues on any of the lifts within the next few weeks, except possibly front squat and barbell row. I've been adding 15 lbs/week for deadlifts, 10 lbs/week for rows and both squat variations, and 5 lbs/week for bench once I hit 135 lbs. I'll keep the 15 lbs/week for deadlift until probably around 285x6, unless I hit some major form breakdown along the way. My previous best for deadlifts was around 315x5 I believe, so I still have plenty left in terms of linear progression. Squats have been quite easy as well, although I've done exclusively low bar for this program. It hasn't been too bad of a transition, although I still have some nagging lower back tightness. Front squats are starting to get harder. I might have to slow down my progression after next week, although I'm hoping to hit 165 for a triple before I slow to +5 lbs per week.

The upper body movements have been going fine for the most part. I do more of a bent over row than a Pendlay Row, which makes it pretty tough. Once I feel like I can't really maintain back position throughout a set I'll switch over to Pendlay Rows probably. Benching has been quite easy. I hope that I can maintain +5 lbs/week until I get to at least 175-180x6, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. OHP has been quite easy, although you're only supposed to progress every 3 weeks on it. I just hit 95x10 this week and I felt like I had at least 3 more reps left. I think I'll be able to hit a bodyweight OHP by the end of the summer, but there's really not much shoulder work in this program. My goal overall has just been to keep steady progression and maintain progress for as long as possible.

Last minor point is that I've been also doing weighted pullups on this program. My most recent milestones were BW+30x6 and BW+7.5x10, which puts me at a projected max of around BW+60. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting closer to my goal of hitting BWx1.5 for a 1rm for weighted pull ups. Everything has been really easy so far. This next cycle should have me getting close to my previous maxes, as well as making progress on front squats and rows which I've never really done before.


I'm also pretty excited about my college's gym. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I've heard it's really nice and has like 7 squat racks and 3 oly platforms in the main gym. The varsity gym is nicer and has like 15 squat racks, but my school isn't particularly big (5500 undergrad students, probably another 2500 graduate students on the main campus) so it should be plenty.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 06 2015 00:45 GMT
#624
On April 05 2015 01:38 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just finished up my first 6 week cycle of Jonnie Candito's linear program (the strength/control variant). I want to track my progress somewhere other than my log, so I'm going to be doing a quick analysis after each 6 week cycle.

+ Show Spoiler +
I started each lift at the following weights:

Deadlift: 135 lbs x 6
Squat: 115 lbs x 6
Front Squat: 95 lbs x 8 (eventually switched over to sets of triples)
Barbell Row: 95 lbs x 6
Bench Press: 95 lbs x 6
OHP: 85 lbs x 6

Currently at:

Deadlift: 210x6 (projected max of around 250)
Squat: 165x6 (projected max of around 192)
Front Squat: 145x3 (projected max of around 165 since I could hit that weight for least 5 reps)
Barbell Row: 145x6 (projected max of around 170)
Bench Press: 140x6 (projected max of around 160-165)
Overhead Press: 95x10 (projected max slightly under 130)

The linear progress has been quite easy so far. I really don't expect to have issues on any of the lifts within the next few weeks, except possibly front squat and barbell row. I've been adding 15 lbs/week for deadlifts, 10 lbs/week for rows and both squat variations, and 5 lbs/week for bench once I hit 135 lbs. I'll keep the 15 lbs/week for deadlift until probably around 285x6, unless I hit some major form breakdown along the way. My previous best for deadlifts was around 315x5 I believe, so I still have plenty left in terms of linear progression. Squats have been quite easy as well, although I've done exclusively low bar for this program. It hasn't been too bad of a transition, although I still have some nagging lower back tightness. Front squats are starting to get harder. I might have to slow down my progression after next week, although I'm hoping to hit 165 for a triple before I slow to +5 lbs per week.

The upper body movements have been going fine for the most part. I do more of a bent over row than a Pendlay Row, which makes it pretty tough. Once I feel like I can't really maintain back position throughout a set I'll switch over to Pendlay Rows probably. Benching has been quite easy. I hope that I can maintain +5 lbs/week until I get to at least 175-180x6, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. OHP has been quite easy, although you're only supposed to progress every 3 weeks on it. I just hit 95x10 this week and I felt like I had at least 3 more reps left. I think I'll be able to hit a bodyweight OHP by the end of the summer, but there's really not much shoulder work in this program. My goal overall has just been to keep steady progression and maintain progress for as long as possible.

Last minor point is that I've been also doing weighted pullups on this program. My most recent milestones were BW+30x6 and BW+7.5x10, which puts me at a projected max of around BW+60. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting closer to my goal of hitting BWx1.5 for a 1rm for weighted pull ups. Everything has been really easy so far. This next cycle should have me getting close to my previous maxes, as well as making progress on front squats and rows which I've never really done before.


I'm also pretty excited about my college's gym. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I've heard it's really nice and has like 7 squat racks and 3 oly platforms in the main gym. The varsity gym is nicer and has like 15 squat racks, but my school isn't particularly big (5500 undergrad students, probably another 2500 graduate students on the main campus) so it should be plenty.


Damn my school gym has 40,000 people and 2 squat racks. Needless to say there's always a line.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
April 06 2015 02:19 GMT
#625
My undergrad had 60,000 students.....and about 20 squat racks
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 06 2015 02:23 GMT
#626
On April 06 2015 09:45 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2015 01:38 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just finished up my first 6 week cycle of Jonnie Candito's linear program (the strength/control variant). I want to track my progress somewhere other than my log, so I'm going to be doing a quick analysis after each 6 week cycle.

+ Show Spoiler +
I started each lift at the following weights:

Deadlift: 135 lbs x 6
Squat: 115 lbs x 6
Front Squat: 95 lbs x 8 (eventually switched over to sets of triples)
Barbell Row: 95 lbs x 6
Bench Press: 95 lbs x 6
OHP: 85 lbs x 6

Currently at:

Deadlift: 210x6 (projected max of around 250)
Squat: 165x6 (projected max of around 192)
Front Squat: 145x3 (projected max of around 165 since I could hit that weight for least 5 reps)
Barbell Row: 145x6 (projected max of around 170)
Bench Press: 140x6 (projected max of around 160-165)
Overhead Press: 95x10 (projected max slightly under 130)

The linear progress has been quite easy so far. I really don't expect to have issues on any of the lifts within the next few weeks, except possibly front squat and barbell row. I've been adding 15 lbs/week for deadlifts, 10 lbs/week for rows and both squat variations, and 5 lbs/week for bench once I hit 135 lbs. I'll keep the 15 lbs/week for deadlift until probably around 285x6, unless I hit some major form breakdown along the way. My previous best for deadlifts was around 315x5 I believe, so I still have plenty left in terms of linear progression. Squats have been quite easy as well, although I've done exclusively low bar for this program. It hasn't been too bad of a transition, although I still have some nagging lower back tightness. Front squats are starting to get harder. I might have to slow down my progression after next week, although I'm hoping to hit 165 for a triple before I slow to +5 lbs per week.

The upper body movements have been going fine for the most part. I do more of a bent over row than a Pendlay Row, which makes it pretty tough. Once I feel like I can't really maintain back position throughout a set I'll switch over to Pendlay Rows probably. Benching has been quite easy. I hope that I can maintain +5 lbs/week until I get to at least 175-180x6, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. OHP has been quite easy, although you're only supposed to progress every 3 weeks on it. I just hit 95x10 this week and I felt like I had at least 3 more reps left. I think I'll be able to hit a bodyweight OHP by the end of the summer, but there's really not much shoulder work in this program. My goal overall has just been to keep steady progression and maintain progress for as long as possible.

Last minor point is that I've been also doing weighted pullups on this program. My most recent milestones were BW+30x6 and BW+7.5x10, which puts me at a projected max of around BW+60. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting closer to my goal of hitting BWx1.5 for a 1rm for weighted pull ups. Everything has been really easy so far. This next cycle should have me getting close to my previous maxes, as well as making progress on front squats and rows which I've never really done before.


I'm also pretty excited about my college's gym. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I've heard it's really nice and has like 7 squat racks and 3 oly platforms in the main gym. The varsity gym is nicer and has like 15 squat racks, but my school isn't particularly big (5500 undergrad students, probably another 2500 graduate students on the main campus) so it should be plenty.


Damn my school gym has 40,000 people and 2 squat racks. Needless to say there's always a line.


My Uni had 4k students with 1 squat rack, which was pretty much always empty for me lol.

Started doing DL pulls from the knee, was expecting to do more but could do the same as from the floor lol:

DL: 210kgx1, 180x10
Rack Pulls: 210kgx3x6
1 Leg DL 70, 80, 90x3
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
April 06 2015 11:05 GMT
#627
So after 2 months of doing a calisthenics workout in parks, I can say the following:

- Great workout overall. All my body is working and it feels really rewarding when you take a shower afterwards
- My back grew a lot (pull-ups) while my arms are more defined. This workout won't get you huge, that's for sure - in fact I simply would like to remain the same size I am now but ripped
- I lost some belly fat too but I'm far from a 6 pack (well I never had one so that may play a role )

I will update again at the end of May. I feel that right now I am in that moment where no matter how much you practise and how little you eat, I feel like not making progress. That is one common problem and people usually respond to it by changing routine. However, I know the trick is simply to stay focused and throttle full power through this phase.
Dating thread on TL LUL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 06 2015 13:58 GMT
#628
On April 06 2015 09:45 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2015 01:38 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just finished up my first 6 week cycle of Jonnie Candito's linear program (the strength/control variant). I want to track my progress somewhere other than my log, so I'm going to be doing a quick analysis after each 6 week cycle.

+ Show Spoiler +
I started each lift at the following weights:

Deadlift: 135 lbs x 6
Squat: 115 lbs x 6
Front Squat: 95 lbs x 8 (eventually switched over to sets of triples)
Barbell Row: 95 lbs x 6
Bench Press: 95 lbs x 6
OHP: 85 lbs x 6

Currently at:

Deadlift: 210x6 (projected max of around 250)
Squat: 165x6 (projected max of around 192)
Front Squat: 145x3 (projected max of around 165 since I could hit that weight for least 5 reps)
Barbell Row: 145x6 (projected max of around 170)
Bench Press: 140x6 (projected max of around 160-165)
Overhead Press: 95x10 (projected max slightly under 130)

The linear progress has been quite easy so far. I really don't expect to have issues on any of the lifts within the next few weeks, except possibly front squat and barbell row. I've been adding 15 lbs/week for deadlifts, 10 lbs/week for rows and both squat variations, and 5 lbs/week for bench once I hit 135 lbs. I'll keep the 15 lbs/week for deadlift until probably around 285x6, unless I hit some major form breakdown along the way. My previous best for deadlifts was around 315x5 I believe, so I still have plenty left in terms of linear progression. Squats have been quite easy as well, although I've done exclusively low bar for this program. It hasn't been too bad of a transition, although I still have some nagging lower back tightness. Front squats are starting to get harder. I might have to slow down my progression after next week, although I'm hoping to hit 165 for a triple before I slow to +5 lbs per week.

The upper body movements have been going fine for the most part. I do more of a bent over row than a Pendlay Row, which makes it pretty tough. Once I feel like I can't really maintain back position throughout a set I'll switch over to Pendlay Rows probably. Benching has been quite easy. I hope that I can maintain +5 lbs/week until I get to at least 175-180x6, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. OHP has been quite easy, although you're only supposed to progress every 3 weeks on it. I just hit 95x10 this week and I felt like I had at least 3 more reps left. I think I'll be able to hit a bodyweight OHP by the end of the summer, but there's really not much shoulder work in this program. My goal overall has just been to keep steady progression and maintain progress for as long as possible.

Last minor point is that I've been also doing weighted pullups on this program. My most recent milestones were BW+30x6 and BW+7.5x10, which puts me at a projected max of around BW+60. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting closer to my goal of hitting BWx1.5 for a 1rm for weighted pull ups. Everything has been really easy so far. This next cycle should have me getting close to my previous maxes, as well as making progress on front squats and rows which I've never really done before.


I'm also pretty excited about my college's gym. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I've heard it's really nice and has like 7 squat racks and 3 oly platforms in the main gym. The varsity gym is nicer and has like 15 squat racks, but my school isn't particularly big (5500 undergrad students, probably another 2500 graduate students on the main campus) so it should be plenty.


Damn my school gym has 40,000 people and 2 squat racks. Needless to say there's always a line.


About 40k here and 3 squat racks. Never a line. The six benches? Good luck.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 06 2015 15:06 GMT
#629
Going to try and drop 5-10 pounds over the next month. Should make the tough mudder easier. I've slacked way too much on actual endurance training.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 07 2015 01:54 GMT
#630
On March 04 2015 11:11 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2015 03:59 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
A rowing machine might work, but 99% of people have atrocious technique. It's a lot harder than it looks, if you're confident that you can learn by watching technique videos feel free to give it a try.


I have no technique! I did 5k today in 19:21 and then rolled on the floor gasping for air.


I rowed 5k again today in 19:19. Weeks of rowing and attention to form have shaved off an amazing 2 seconds.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 07 2015 02:31 GMT
#631
On April 07 2015 10:54 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2015 11:11 IgnE wrote:
On March 04 2015 03:59 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
A rowing machine might work, but 99% of people have atrocious technique. It's a lot harder than it looks, if you're confident that you can learn by watching technique videos feel free to give it a try.


I have no technique! I did 5k today in 19:21 and then rolled on the floor gasping for air.


I rowed 5k again today in 19:19. Weeks of rowing and attention to form have shaved off an amazing 2 seconds.

Ouch. Have you made any progress on the tendinitis?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 02:44:02
April 07 2015 02:43 GMT
#632
Tendinitis mostly resolved. Nerve compression at L3 not resolved.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 07 2015 21:24 GMT
#633
Congratulations Celltech!

Today's workout:

BB BP: 50kg x 8-8-8
BB Row: 65kg x 8-8-8
OHP: 30kg x 8-6-5
Pulldowns and curlz
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 08 2015 00:50 GMT
#634
OHP: 62.5kgx8x4
Deficit DL: 215x1, 202.5x2x5
Sumo Deadlift: 150x3, 160x3, 170x3, 180x3, 190x1, 130x3x3
Dips: 35kgx12x3
Back Extensions

Fuck yeah high volume
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-08 22:30:28
April 08 2015 22:25 GMT
#635
Today's workout:

BB Squat: 20kg x 10-10, 50kg x 10, 80kg x 6-6-6, 90kg x 8-8
Front Squat: 20kg x 10, 40kg x 8, 50kg x 8, 60kg x 6, 70kg x 6
RDL: 60kg x 8, 90kg x 6-6

RDL went to shit lol. The front squats killed me. Also, fuck volume.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
April 09 2015 13:06 GMT
#636


Ok so this is my ugly face Cleaning and Jerking 60kg (PR)
Can someone please correct everything that is terrible
Remember I've started 10 weeks ago, I know my form is bad but I don't really have a coach just a training partner.

From what I see I don't fully extend and catch the bar too low, my second pull is terrible the bar doesn't touch my thigh and my elbow are slow.

Oh yeah and I go foward when front squatting I'm not stable on my feet, I don't know why it never happened to me before.

Thanks a lot in advance.
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 09 2015 13:36 GMT
#637
I can't offer you qualified coaching but are you able to establish a good rack position without catching? For example just walking up to a bar in the squat rack and having your humerus get parallel with the ground? If you struggle to get in that position with your shoulder mobility than there's no way you'll get into a stable catch and front squat without being properly organized.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-09 14:12:28
April 09 2015 14:11 GMT
#638
You're pretty decent off the floor. Around the knees you start using your arms to pull too much where you should have relaxed arms and using your lats to keep the bar close to your body. Bar is too far away from your body when you're finishing the pull, extend more at the hips and knees and don't jump up on to your toes so much (you'll come up on your toes a bit naturally during knee rebend/finishing the pull properly). Rack the bar better, get your elbows up and the bar into a solid rack position even if you have to loosen your grip on the bar as you pull it in. Your elbows are slow because your arms are tense and your pulling with them. Relaxed arms are fast arms. First part of your jerk doesn't look to bad. You need to get your front foot out more (shin should be perpendicular to the ground, knee shouldn't be past your ankle) and your back foot facing forwards/turned in slightly (this will help square up your hips). Lockout was pretty poor. Arms need to be relaxed on the jerk for a fast lockout, really extend your arms and actively catch it in the lockout position.
I'm going to hazard a guess that you need to do a lot of hip and shoulder mobility as well as glute and rotator cuff activation exercises. Also, start eating about 5000 calories a day and doing tons of front/back squats. You need to put some meat on your bones. A lot of work from the high hang and hang focusing on relaxing your arms, keeping the bar close, and finishing your pull will help you a lot.

Congrats on the PR, keep up the work!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 09 2015 15:42 GMT
#639
On a semi-related not: I'll be staying for a month in the states in June for an internship

Applied first to go to Chicago but they aren't accepting exchange students this summer (or at least not me) so I'll be most likely staying in Athens, Ohio.

Would love to perhaps meet up with some of you if time permits.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 09 2015 16:05 GMT
#640
Good old OU You should take a trip to Hocking Hills State Park
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.