• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8603 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 31

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 234 Next
rituelstudioparis
Profile Joined March 2015
France2 Posts
March 31 2015 12:24 GMT
#601
--- Nuked ---
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-31 17:18:32
March 31 2015 14:45 GMT
#602
Edit: no need for undue attention. Just meant to say good job mods!
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 31 2015 16:52 GMT
#603
On March 31 2015 18:42 Philozovic wrote:
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip


At which part of the lift?

To keep the bar close at all times I've found you need to properly fully extend upwards (and pull upwards, not backwards), and THEN use your arms to keep the bar close and get yourself under the bar.

This is obviously easier said than done.

Just donated blood, I have 135/65 BP though I was pretty nervous, damn needles
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-31 19:12:32
March 31 2015 19:12 GMT
#604
Worked up to 135kg CJ yesterday! Knee felt fine. Most I've done a full clean with in over 4 months.

https://instagram.com/p/037svBwCOH/

On March 31 2015 18:42 Philozovic wrote:
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip


When? During the pull, on the way under the bar, or the whole lift? A video would be best. Pulls can be good for this, I wouldn't do them too heavy at first though and focus on form and finishing well with a close bar path.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 01 2015 12:48 GMT
#605
So I tried out the hip abductor machine today (lol) If my right leg seems more restricted what does that tell you? Adductors on that side are tight?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
April 01 2015 16:43 GMT
#606
On April 01 2015 01:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 18:42 Philozovic wrote:
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip


At which part of the lift?

To keep the bar close at all times I've found you need to properly fully extend upwards (and pull upwards, not backwards), and THEN use your arms to keep the bar close and get yourself under the bar.

This is obviously easier said than done.

Just donated blood, I have 135/65 BP though I was pretty nervous, damn needles



On April 01 2015 04:12 decafchicken wrote:
Worked up to 135kg CJ yesterday! Knee felt fine. Most I've done a full clean with in over 4 months.

https://instagram.com/p/037svBwCOH/

Show nested quote +
On March 31 2015 18:42 Philozovic wrote:
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip


When? During the pull, on the way under the bar, or the whole lift? A video would be best. Pulls can be good for this, I wouldn't do them too heavy at first though and focus on form and finishing well with a close bar path.


Thanks both it's mainly during the second pull after the knee, I understand what I'm supposed to do and I can do it with a broomstick but I can't do it with a barbell. I think i'm just a whiny little pussy who is afraid of being burn

Did 5x3 40kg snatch Yesterday and 5x3 55kg C&J Monday aiming for 45 and 60 next week (and a video !)
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 02 2015 00:26 GMT
#607
On April 02 2015 01:43 Philozovic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 01:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On March 31 2015 18:42 Philozovic wrote:
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip


At which part of the lift?

To keep the bar close at all times I've found you need to properly fully extend upwards (and pull upwards, not backwards), and THEN use your arms to keep the bar close and get yourself under the bar.

This is obviously easier said than done.

Just donated blood, I have 135/65 BP though I was pretty nervous, damn needles



Show nested quote +
On April 01 2015 04:12 decafchicken wrote:
Worked up to 135kg CJ yesterday! Knee felt fine. Most I've done a full clean with in over 4 months.

https://instagram.com/p/037svBwCOH/

On March 31 2015 18:42 Philozovic wrote:
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip


When? During the pull, on the way under the bar, or the whole lift? A video would be best. Pulls can be good for this, I wouldn't do them too heavy at first though and focus on form and finishing well with a close bar path.


Thanks both it's mainly during the second pull after the knee, I understand what I'm supposed to do and I can do it with a broomstick but I can't do it with a barbell. I think i'm just a whiny little pussy who is afraid of being burn

Did 5x3 40kg snatch Yesterday and 5x3 55kg C&J Monday aiming for 45 and 60 next week (and a video !)


Oly lifting takes a lot to learn, and having direct coaching will save you a lot of trial an error.

It's very different from the powerlifts where staying tight and push hard is usually enough :p

LIFT THE WORLD documentary is out:


phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 02 2015 02:35 GMT
#608
Got stapled on the second rep of 200 lbs bench today when I just went for a max for the hell of it. Never benched that heavy before though. Great reminder to myself that what I'm doing is working and I need to stick to it, rather than getting distracted. Had a close call in getting pulled to a competitive crossfit program.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-02 03:13:56
April 02 2015 03:12 GMT
#609
On April 02 2015 11:35 phyre112 wrote:
Got stapled on the second rep of 200 lbs bench today when I just went for a max for the hell of it. Never benched that heavy before though. Great reminder to myself that what I'm doing is working and I need to stick to it, rather than getting distracted. Had a close call in getting pulled to a competitive crossfit program.


wtf is a competitive crossfit program?

Lift the World has too much faggotry for my taste, only like Lu and Klokov's part

Here is some hardcore squatting:




User was temp banned for this post.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-02 03:27:29
April 02 2015 03:25 GMT
#610
What didn't you like about Lift the World? Is it worth watching or not?

Edit: nvm, i watched like 5 minutes and understood what you meant - not very worth it
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 02 2015 04:42 GMT
#611
On April 02 2015 12:12 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2015 11:35 phyre112 wrote:
Got stapled on the second rep of 200 lbs bench today when I just went for a max for the hell of it. Never benched that heavy before though. Great reminder to myself that what I'm doing is working and I need to stick to it, rather than getting distracted. Had a close call in getting pulled to a competitive crossfit program.


wtf is a competitive crossfit program?


A program aimed at people who compete in crossfit, like http://theoutlawway.com/category/blog/
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-02 06:22:33
April 02 2015 06:22 GMT
#612
Going to brag a little, but I got accepted into a top UK management/finance masters programme (LSE/Oxford/Cambridge). Seems nuts how I've gone from struggling in high school to getting into a programme like this. Life really is much easier without the constant migraines. Next goal is obviously to make first boat at the uni I'll be studying, if I decide to go.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 02 2015 11:56 GMT
#613
Grats celltech!

Played ultimate last night and took it easy, minimal discomfort afterwards and this morning so things are working.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 02 2015 17:18 GMT
#614
Congrats Celltech! Pretty ridiculous to think how far you've come.

I'm still making linear progress on everything. Might have to slow to 5 lbs for front squat and barbell row in a week or two, but we'll see how those come along. I'd love to hit 225 for a triple for front squats by the end of the summer, but I doubt that's going to happen.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 03 2015 06:04 GMT
#615
...... just gonna leave this here.



decaf, is this your former team?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 03 2015 08:57 GMT
#616
Rugby looks like alot of fun huh decaf!
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 03 2015 13:18 GMT
#617
On March 06 2015 23:31 zatic wrote:
Decided today to work towards Birthday Squats: Be able to do Age x BW squats by my next birthday. Not sure if I can even get close but a nice goal to workout for.

Hm yeah. So yesterday I just did them. This was WAY easier than I thought. I trained once a week just to failure and my progression was 12 -> 13 -> 21 -> 32 x 71kg.

I weighted in at 72kg yesterday so technically didn't quite do them yet, but should be no problem to redo the 32 reps with 2 1.25kg plates added. Guess skiing all winter is good leg training. Who would have thought right!


ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 03 2015 15:51 GMT
#618
On April 03 2015 15:04 phyre112 wrote:
...... just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1JCziiAxU4

decaf, is this your former team?


Haha it's my roommate's former team. I went to MSU. Pretty excellent video, UM's rugby team has always been SUPER weird lol. Very entertaining though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 03 2015 16:13 GMT
#619
On April 03 2015 02:18 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Congrats Celltech! Pretty ridiculous to think how far you've come.

For sure; I was recommended to go to special needs high school by a teacher in elementary, and told I'd end up in a wheelchair by age 20. Hopefully I'll be able to make one of the two University London boats during my time at LSE, they clean house.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-03 16:36:20
April 03 2015 16:36 GMT
#620
On April 04 2015 01:13 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 02:18 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Congrats Celltech! Pretty ridiculous to think how far you've come.

For sure; I was recommended to go to special needs high school by a teacher in elementary, and told I'd end up in a wheelchair by age 20. Hopefully I'll be able to make one of the two University London boats during my time at LSE, they clean house.


Haters gonna hate. Congratulations and good luck!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.