• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 30

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 234 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 26 2015 17:17 GMT
#581
The guys on the right managed to pull the most so why are the guys on the left acting like they won?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
March 26 2015 17:24 GMT
#582
On March 27 2015 02:17 Osmoses wrote:
The guys on the right managed to pull the most so why are the guys on the left acting like they won?


They are trying to go forward.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
March 26 2015 17:25 GMT
#583
They are not rowing backwards. More like canoeing forward. Cool video(and idea).
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-26 19:56:25
March 26 2015 17:54 GMT
#584
Lol im retarded, I knew there was something obvious I was missing :p

@decaf: Just above the shoulder blade on the back, just underneath the collarbone on the front, pain is mostly at the back but depending on the activity in goes deeper/further towards the front. This followed 2 months or so of recurring headaches in my right temple and a stiff neck on the right side. I figured it was a sinus infection or maybe a pulled muscle or nerve in my neck or whatever, #imnotadoctor. I went to a real doctor and she told me to come back if it got worse. Well it didn't, it got better. I still get slight, dull aches in my right temple and my neck is sorta stiff but the pain has mostly moved down to my shoulder. No longer interferes with my daily routine.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 26 2015 21:29 GMT
#585
On March 26 2015 19:32 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 17:32 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On March 20 2015 05:55 IgnE wrote:
Guys. Why do people row? It's not fun.

You get to look at people as you are crushing their hopes and dreams. In other news, I have a 2k test today. Aiming to pull under 6:30.

Wow that's pretty good. One of the best rowers ever to go to my high school pulled like 6:24 as his PR and he's going to Harvard for crew.

For myself, I've been trying to be as consistent as possible with working out for the last month. I think I haven't missed a single workout yet, and I feel like the linear progression has been going fine. I started off very light for all of my lifts, but everything seems to be good so far. Just hit BW+30x6 on pull-ups a couple of days ago and I think I'll be able to continue progressing on every lift for a while. I also just started my spring break, so this marks the beginning of the end of my high school. I think I have like 14 days of school left at this point and then finals, so I'm almost done.

I also haven't really updated about my depression or anything. There are days where it's awful, but I have medication for it (non-SSRI) that I take as-needed. It's hard because I have days where I feel absolutely incredible and have tons of energy and then there are days where my I hit an emotional valley and struggle immensely. I'm close to the end of high school though, so I only have a few more weeks of this until I'm done.

Pulled a 6:29.8. A crewmate (who has also been rowing since september) pulled a fucking 6:15,0, jesus christ.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 26 2015 22:07 GMT
#586
Damn! CELLTECH at work
On March 27 2015 02:54 Osmoses wrote:
Lol im retarded, I knew there was something obvious I was missing :p

@decaf: Just above the shoulder blade on the back, just underneath the collarbone on the front, pain is mostly at the back but depending on the activity in goes deeper/further towards the front. This followed 2 months or so of recurring headaches in my right temple and a stiff neck on the right side. I figured it was a sinus infection or maybe a pulled muscle or nerve in my neck or whatever, #imnotadoctor. I went to a real doctor and she told me to come back if it got worse. Well it didn't, it got better. I still get slight, dull aches in my right temple and my neck is sorta stiff but the pain has mostly moved down to my shoulder. No longer interferes with my daily routine.


Sounds like first rib if i had to guess from that. I'd try some of this stuff for a couple days (might even see immediate relief) and go from there:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=first rib kelly starrett&page=&utm_source=opensearch
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
JumpinJupiters
Profile Joined January 2004
Brazil23 Posts
March 27 2015 00:02 GMT
#587
Failed 110kg hit 100 for power clean + hang squat clean --- didn't have enough time imo 15 min only started at 60 to warm up and move up slowly coach said the bar went up high enough @110 but i just didnt get in. I think if I could have tried 1-2 more times might have got it oh well next time. The metcon right after had a 21-15-9 sets including hang squat cleans with 40kg that felt so so so light was great. Definitely feeling stronger overall.

Grats celltech on your time i wanna test my 2k again been a long ass time.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 27 2015 08:34 GMT
#588
Yeah I lost my lacrosse ball but I bought a new one and I'm gonna mash the shit out of my shoulder tonight. I think I still have a tennis ball if I'm gonna try that first rib stick thing.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 27 2015 17:47 GMT
#589
I would propose it takes more willpower to do a proper slow side foam roll over your distal quad than the 20th rep of a widowmaker.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 27 2015 17:59 GMT
#590
I can take rolling the quads, but the glutes? Fuuuuck no
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 27 2015 19:15 GMT
#591
Just spent about 40 minutes just lacrosse-balling the shit out of my shoulder/arm/neck, to no avail. Something is fucked up on the inside. When using my arm, it's fine unless I reach across to the left, but if I rest it for a while the first movement afterwards (like taking my shirt off) hurts pretty bad.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 27 2015 19:19 GMT
#592
Did you you get into your thoracic area? Arms hugging yourself on the double lacrosse? If it's nerve-ish that's a go-to spot.

I know that frustration, keep at it.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 28 2015 00:48 GMT
#593
On March 28 2015 04:15 Osmoses wrote:
Just spent about 40 minutes just lacrosse-balling the shit out of my shoulder/arm/neck, to no avail. Something is fucked up on the inside. When using my arm, it's fine unless I reach across to the left, but if I rest it for a while the first movement afterwards (like taking my shirt off) hurts pretty bad.


Seems like you need to find a good chiro
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 30 2015 15:30 GMT
#594
Still a bit sore from last week's workouts lol.

Went snowboarding yesterday and going again later today.

Today's workout:

BB BP: 20kg x 15, 40kg x 10-10-10
BB Rows: 20kg x 20, 50kg x 10, 60kg 6-6-6
OHP: 25kg x 8-8-8 (+5kg)
Assisted Pullups: -20kg x 5-4
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 30 2015 19:07 GMT
#595
Today was another lower body day. I'm back from my extended weekend trip to Boston and today went pretty well. Everything is weight (lbs) x reps x sets for the workout.

Deadlift - 210x6x2
Back Squat - 165x6x3
Front Squat - 145x3x8

This was still relatively light weights. The front squats are pretty tough on me, but my quads are getting stronger every week and I feel like adding front squats is going to help me break through the problems I was having with my squat. I'm only on my sixth week of this program, but I feel like everything has been going pretty well. My friend and I were going to lift at our school's gym, but for some reason they basically locked every single convenient entrance to the gym unless we felt like taking a 10 minute walk around the entire school.

I'm feeling like a 3 plate squat and maybe 205 front squat will be attainable before the summer is over.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 30 2015 19:38 GMT
#596
Sounds like a decent warm-up jog distance...
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-30 19:43:38
March 30 2015 19:42 GMT
#597
On March 31 2015 04:38 mordek wrote:
Sounds like a decent warm-up jog distance...

The part that I didn't include is that all of the underclassmen have exams right now and that our trek would include going through the school and pissing off tons of teachers and students taking exams. The school gym also closes at noon during the exam schedule and we didn't get there til almost 11.

Otherwise I so would've done a jog around the school. But I have perfectly functioning equipment at home so why not make use of it?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 30 2015 19:55 GMT
#598
Shoulder still fucked, can work out but I dunno if that's hurting my recovery.

Might have to resort to cardio.

Shamefuru dispray, and I still have absolutely no idea as to what caused it. Best guess I got was that I remember complaining about it for the first time at work after I tweaked it that morning reaching for something on the floor, but that surely can't have messed it up this badly. Second guess is that it's somehow related to those two months of headaches I had, some kind of infection/inflammation that's now creeping down my neck.

I'm getting proper health insurance and am probably gonna see a real doctor/chiro if it's not better in a week.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
March 31 2015 09:42 GMT
#599
I've got trouble keeping the bar close to my body when Snatching and Clean & Jerking

What should I do ?

I was thinking high pull and heavy pull both Snatch and C&J grip
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
rituelstudioparis
Profile Joined March 2015
France2 Posts
March 31 2015 12:06 GMT
#600
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.