• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 363

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 361 362 363 364 365 379 Next
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-24 17:01:25
November 24 2012 17:01 GMT
#7241
28 1/2 more days of weakness. Stay focussed Malinor.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 24 2012 17:38 GMT
#7242
Weakness? You're the strongest person here imo, I can't imagine what it's like.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 24 2012 17:53 GMT
#7243
Well, weakness mostly as in pathetic Squat, Press and Deadlift numbers. Training feels so pointless when all you do is trying to not get weaker, and more often than not don't accomplish that. But I will endure it 4 more weeks and next year with more food and more rest, my numbers should go up again.

Totally unrelated, it is pretty weird to see all those veins on my forearms, calves and even one on my chest. when you have been soft all around for so long, that is kind of cool.

Did 6x1000m intervalls running today: 4:40 4:46 4:56 4:42 4:56 4:40. Looking good for me 5k sub 25minutes goal I'd say.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 24 2012 18:05 GMT
#7244
On November 25 2012 02:53 Malinor wrote:
Well, weakness mostly as in pathetic Squat, Press and Deadlift numbers. Training feels so pointless when all you do is trying to not get weaker, and more often than not don't accomplish that. But I will endure it 4 more weeks and next year with more food and more rest, my numbers should go up again.

Totally unrelated, it is pretty weird to see all those veins on my forearms, calves and even one on my chest. when you have been soft all around for so long, that is kind of cool.

Did 6x1000m intervalls running today: 4:40 4:46 4:56 4:42 4:56 4:40. Looking good for me 5k sub 25minutes goal I'd say.


See it this way: If you are lifting same weights and you weight less, you are a better lifter period.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 24 2012 18:08 GMT
#7245
Yeah of course. Percentage wise (as in comparison to BW), all my lifts have gone up. But for 2 1/2 years of training, a 1,8xbw deadlift is just not that sexy. That being said, I am very confident that I will cruise past 2xbw within the first 2-3 months in 2013.

I am not unhappy at all, I just need to stay focussed on my goals for this year until it is finally over
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 24 2012 18:12 GMT
#7246
Shoulda picked up some oly lifting! You could have just worked on technique without worrying about numbers (they probably would have gone up regardless of bodyweight)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 24 2012 18:18 GMT
#7247
I have an injury in my right quad that makes serious olympic lifting probably pretty much impossible right now. I really would love to do olympic lifitng, but everything really explosive is always a little bit tricky.

I am not 22 anymore
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
November 24 2012 18:20 GMT
#7248
Stick with it Malinor! You have been doing so well cutting your weight down.

Just think of how your strength will skyrocket when you start eating in caloric surplus again.

You are an inspiration to us all <3
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
November 25 2012 05:48 GMT
#7249
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! Provincial championships was today and I made an all-time PR total. I'm so excited about life right now, it's time to pack on some weight because I'm tired of being able to see my ribs in the mirror, oh and tired of being weak of course. No excuses about it being hard to gain weight will be made, not when we have someone like Malinor inspiring us with his amazing transformation. Up to the 77kg class I go!!

Vids from tonight:
+ Show Spoiler +
Snatch


Clean and jerk
(epic hair shake at the end)
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
November 25 2012 07:34 GMT
#7250
That is one preeeeeetty jerk.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
November 25 2012 09:38 GMT
#7251
Gained 3 kg in 6 days while spending holidays with my grandparents, lol...

It's amazing what rest and food can do to your body. While I was at my grandparents' place, I slept over nine hours (typically from 1 to 8, then a nap from 2 to 4), and ate three proper meals everyday. I was working out every other day, and running over 10k on my 'rest' days, and I felt perfectly fine and full of energy. Contrasting my regular life with a job, I struggle to keep up going to the gym every three days.

Point of the story, eat and sleep while you can.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 25 2012 14:14 GMT
#7252
Your lockout on the jerk and Snatch is great. Overall technique is pretty good, moving up in weight and adding some strength should do wonders for you. What's your training look like?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
November 25 2012 17:00 GMT
#7253
Thanks for the compliments guys.

@decaf about training, umm I wish I had a good answer to your question. My coach has realized that I don't respond well to traditional weightlifting training methods such as snatch, cnj, pulls and squats at higher intensity for lower volume so instead he makes me do a ton of volume with focus on strengthening my lower back and legs through squats, RDL, and at one point snatch grip deadlifts from a deficit (all done with a stupid tempo which my body apparently likes). It isn't until a few weeks out from a competition that I'll get to do the fun stuff like snatch to max, cnj to max, squat to max.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
November 25 2012 17:51 GMT
#7254
I'd say you might need plenty of food and heavy lifting.

Your arms look like they were made to deadlift.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
November 25 2012 18:48 GMT
#7255
@sJarl, working on the plenty of food part. Woke up today excited to eat for the first time in I don't know how long. I hope I don't look weird sitting in class with a jar of peanut butter in one arm and a jar of Nutella in the other. As for the long arms part, yeah... These lanky arms don't help me much with keeping the bar close in the O-lifts. I'll consider the deadlift when I no longer compete in weightlifting.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
November 25 2012 23:36 GMT
#7256
On November 26 2012 03:48 MeShiet wrote:
@sJarl, working on the plenty of food part. Woke up today excited to eat for the first time in I don't know how long. I hope I don't look weird sitting in class with a jar of peanut butter in one arm and a jar of Nutella in the other. As for the long arms part, yeah... These lanky arms don't help me much with keeping the bar close in the O-lifts. I'll consider the deadlift when I no longer compete in weightlifting.


Your segments length are like mine. I used to think it was a limiting factor but not anymore. Your lifts were really good, I'm really interested in seeing your progression!

I started to learn the O lift seriously and I have a lot of fun doing it. It feels like I'm doing something with my strength, compared to deadlifting which is just chasing strength... I'm learning the snatch mostly at this point and because I'm only starting, I don't have any numbers to post.

These days, I do a lot more squat and I'm loving it. Front Squat, Back squat. I do easy 1rm once a week, heavy effort another time and 2x dynamic effort per week. I feel that I recover from them really easily.

I will had posterior chain deadlift variations once a week working up to 3-6rm.
Even though I'd like to get good numbers for the O lifts, my two main objectives remains;

-630lbs Deadlift
-60 inch box jump

There will be some trials and errors in my strength program for now but I'm confident I can get to my objectives eventually
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
November 26 2012 00:07 GMT
#7257
Lately I haven't been sticking to a weightlifting program and I am looking to do so. I'd love to squat 4-6 times a week and do a lot of power cleaning and rowing. Anyone have a good program for doing so?

I have basically been doing starting strength for a long long time and have been stalling last couple of months. I have no experience with squatting more than 3xWeek and how to progress into it. Also not sure when to do deadlifts and if to do deadlift. Can't dump the weight so wont be able to do squat nemesis, im not near that lvl of strength either tho.

Stats:
bdw 80kg
Squat 1RM ~135kg
Clean 1RM ~95kg
Front squat 1RM ~100kg
Deadlift 5RM 140kg (havent maxed in 6 months or so)

bench - close to no kg
press 5rm 60kg
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 26 2012 00:55 GMT
#7258
Gained 8 lbs in the last week thanks to holidays. Credit the mmassive amount of carbs i was getting, because my fat intake was WAY down and my protein was around the same. My abs are gone, but i feel SO strong in the gym right now its worth it. 100kg today feels like 80kg did last week.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 26 2012 15:42 GMT
#7259
On November 26 2012 03:48 MeShiet wrote:
@sJarl, working on the plenty of food part. Woke up today excited to eat for the first time in I don't know how long. I hope I don't look weird sitting in class with a jar of peanut butter in one arm and a jar of Nutella in the other. As for the long arms part, yeah... These lanky arms don't help me much with keeping the bar close in the O-lifts. I'll consider the deadlift when I no longer compete in weightlifting.


Don't worry i've got longgg arms and legs too. Great for leverage, terrible for everything else :p Not a huge problem though.

On November 26 2012 08:36 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2012 03:48 MeShiet wrote:
@sJarl, working on the plenty of food part. Woke up today excited to eat for the first time in I don't know how long. I hope I don't look weird sitting in class with a jar of peanut butter in one arm and a jar of Nutella in the other. As for the long arms part, yeah... These lanky arms don't help me much with keeping the bar close in the O-lifts. I'll consider the deadlift when I no longer compete in weightlifting.


Your segments length are like mine. I used to think it was a limiting factor but not anymore. Your lifts were really good, I'm really interested in seeing your progression!

I started to learn the O lift seriously and I have a lot of fun doing it. It feels like I'm doing something with my strength, compared to deadlifting which is just chasing strength... I'm learning the snatch mostly at this point and because I'm only starting, I don't have any numbers to post.

These days, I do a lot more squat and I'm loving it. Front Squat, Back squat. I do easy 1rm once a week, heavy effort another time and 2x dynamic effort per week. I feel that I recover from them really easily.

I will had posterior chain deadlift variations once a week working up to 3-6rm.
Even though I'd like to get good numbers for the O lifts, my two main objectives remains;

-630lbs Deadlift
-60 inch box jump

There will be some trials and errors in my strength program for now but I'm confident I can get to my objectives eventually


Yeah i always feel more accomplished after a snatch compared to a deadlift, it's like the feeling of making a 3 pointer vs a lay up lol. I told you you'd like it

And squats are sooo much easier to recover from once you get into them versus deadlifts. Big deadlift days leave me sore for days whereas i can squat to max like 4-5 times a week pretty comfortably. 60in box jump would be nasty, do you know what your vertical is?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 26 2012 18:24 GMT
#7260
P. S. Sick car blonde, is it stick and can I take it for a spin?? Just got my second GLI (lol vw employee lease program = new car every three months) and and I love it
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 361 362 363 364 365 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.