• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 365

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 363 364 365 366 367 379 Next
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
November 29 2012 16:34 GMT
#7281
3 hours of sleep. No food.
8 AM Calc exam.
Heavy Deadlifts and lightish squats right after.

Sleep? Who needs sleep.
Victory Loves Preparation
Gatored
Profile Joined September 2010
United States679 Posts
November 29 2012 16:36 GMT
#7282
On November 30 2012 01:34 Catch wrote:
3 hours of sleep. No food.
8 AM Calc exam.
Heavy Deadlifts and lightish squats right after.

Sleep? Who needs sleep.


Sounds like my day. Slept for a few hours, woke up in the middle of the night to study for my 8 am Econ exam. Today is my heavy deadlift day too. =]
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
November 30 2012 15:17 GMT
#7283
On November 28 2012 21:15 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2012 17:22 Froadac wrote:
Rough over a month for me. No noticeable improvement in posture. NO gains. I think its just a food issue. I"m also just generally in a down mood :/


Fuck mood, you should aways be lifting harder and eating more.

JB: John Broz

What do you do when progression halts?

JB: IT WILL! Training lifts will eventually start to go backwards as you enter into the "dark times". When you are so sore and fatigued that you cant even imagine lifting weights. This time is CRUCIAL to training. You MUST persevere and continue to train! Eventually your lifts will begin to improve and you will make progress and PR's while in a totally fatigued state. When you can make progress when feeling like this, this is when you are going somewhere.

To quote Antonio:"the day will never come when you can't lift the bar"

To quote my first coach:" If you wait til you feel good with no aches or pains to train, you will never be here"

Basically, could you give us some more insight into your training protocols?

JB: Train til you can't walk, eat, sleep, repeat.

Everyone should read this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122395951&page=1

Cant wait till saturday, it fucking sucks training light. Got sore left elbow yesterday and it feels super weird, I hurt it wraping my wrist for benching yesterday wtf. I'll just push it on saturday obv.


Nice article. I sort of did that when I was in NYC where both my hotel and my workplace has gyms. I would work out five days a week sometimes twice in a day. I felt completely fine.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 30 2012 16:43 GMT
#7284
Just saw John broz. I'm scared.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 30 2012 16:44 GMT
#7285
On December 01 2012 01:43 decafchicken wrote:
Just saw John broz. I'm scared.

You got dis.

GLGL :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 30 2012 17:36 GMT
#7286
On December 01 2012 01:43 decafchicken wrote:
Just saw John broz. I'm scared.


Tell him I have a mancrush on him.
When will you compete? Mine is tomorrow morning-noon, will post stream later.
I'm bored to death on my 3rd day of rest, so I got some footage.

Decaf when he quits rugby


Decaf, had he been born in russia

decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 30 2012 17:55 GMT
#7287
Haha :-D I'm no koklyeav. Guys a total bad ass. I lift in about 7 hours
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-30 18:50:35
November 30 2012 18:35 GMT
#7288
I was reading that thread..
and holy shit, Broz dude recommends Squat to max every day and up to 50reps/session of squats.

That's an insane volume no?

I do around 25-30 each session, but fuck, 50 is insane.

Edit:

Some Other gems by Broz's:

Failing to train daily leads to more injuries, due to the inconsistent recovery rates amongst different tissues. Daily training is training under fatigued muscles. If you take days off, the muscles recover faster than other soft-tissues, which increases the likelihood of injury.


Don't take days off if you have access to train. Even if you're incredibly sore, go in and do something. Squat something, at least the bar, for 30 reps or so. This will help the adaptation process progress faster. Anything you do is better than riding the couch.


The lifter that can endure the most pain will be the most successful. This is the most important piece of advice contained within this article.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
November 30 2012 19:01 GMT
#7289
Considering that his trainees are on HGH (at the very least), I'd take anything Broz says about recovery with a grain of salt.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-30 22:40:40
November 30 2012 19:01 GMT
#7290
He is training athletes who are gassed out of their mind. Also, you're not a professional athlete, so don't try to train like one (even clean ones).

That being said, our bodies can often do more than we think, that still doesn't mean that it is always a good idea. What real benefit is there to recreational athletes like us to squat 350reps a week? It's just insenity for normal people with a normal job, the cons far outweigh the pros.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
November 30 2012 21:57 GMT
#7291
Tough Mudder Sarasota is tomorrow... Can't wait. I'll post pictures of the event here as soon as they come. I plan on running two back to back
www.regimentrunning.com
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 30 2012 23:14 GMT
#7292
On December 01 2012 06:57 Cecil wrote:
Tough Mudder Sarasota is tomorrow... Can't wait. I'll post pictures of the event here as soon as they come. I plan on running two back to back


Isn't that effectively a Marathon worth of tough mudders?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 30 2012 23:38 GMT
#7293
For those of you not following the oly lifting thread, I'm lifting in about two hours here
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/live

My session starts at 5 PST
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 01:01:06
December 01 2012 01:00 GMT
#7294
94's are starting now.

To stay and watch decaf lift, or to go to the gym and lift myself (and watch Syracuse basketball)?

I wonder if I can stream the meet on my phone...
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
December 01 2012 02:02 GMT
#7295
On December 01 2012 10:00 phyre112 wrote:
94's are starting now.

To stay and watch decaf lift, or to go to the gym and lift myself (and watch Syracuse basketball)?

I wonder if I can stream the meet on my phone...


Yes you can. I'm watching it while training. I feel like a weak pretty boy... T_T
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 02:30:16
December 01 2012 02:27 GMT
#7296
Powerlifting Nationals will start tomorrow morning.

All men classes up to 83kg will lift first. It is supposed to start at 11am, but it might later. That would be 15:00 CET.

Here is stream for the event:

http://www.fechipe.cl/asociados.html

I'll be rocking my company shirt, a white shirt with a kettlebell logo.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 04:11:13
December 01 2012 02:58 GMT
#7297
On December 01 2012 11:02 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 10:00 phyre112 wrote:
94's are starting now.

To stay and watch decaf lift, or to go to the gym and lift myself (and watch Syracuse basketball)?

I wonder if I can stream the meet on my phone...
.

Yes you can. I'm watching it while training. I feel like a weak pretty boy... T_T


Wont load on mine. Wonder why?

Hip is giving me shit again. Just failed a 135 lb warmup squat. Guess i'll just do presses and shit and get out of here.

Did OHP (which went extremely well, PR'd) then went over to do Close-grip benches. Laid down, unracked the bar. Three reps into it, I heard the loudest crack, sounded like a balloon popping and something moved in my hip. Finished the set and the pain (which I've had since monday) is gone. Love it. Going to just do my rehab shit this sat/sun, and get after the back squat on monday!
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 01 2012 09:03 GMT
#7298
Tonight, on two occasions, I had an 8/10 girl turn down my friends/team mates (who are not bad looking) and dance/talk with/kiss/attempt to leave with me at a party.

I later stopped one of these two friends from getting in a fight with a guy that I knew he was going to regret in the morning.

Though several people at the party were wearing sweaters, I was told at least half a dozen times that I looked good in argyle, while the others were endlessly mocked for being old men.

Tonight, I carried a 5'2, 100lb asian girl who was nearly passed out, four blocks in 20 degree (-7 Celsius) weather and snow, to her house.

On this walk, we had an egg thrown at our (my) head, and with the asian girl still on my back, I chased down and (after removing her) "won" a fight with the guy who threw the egg, while his friends continued running.

I then returned the girl to her house, went back to the party to pick up my coat, and was greeted with a song and a shot.

I credit all of it to TLHF.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 01 2012 09:18 GMT
#7299
Well done. My story is far less impressive but I had a lot of fun. I can say my life has improved substantially at least in the short run.
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
December 01 2012 11:33 GMT
#7300
On December 01 2012 18:03 phyre112 wrote:
Tonight, on two occasions, I had an 8/10 girl turn down my friends/team mates (who are not bad looking) and dance/talk with/kiss/attempt to leave with me at a party.

I later stopped one of these two friends from getting in a fight with a guy that I knew he was going to regret in the morning.

Though several people at the party were wearing sweaters, I was told at least half a dozen times that I looked good in argyle, while the others were endlessly mocked for being old men.

Tonight, I carried a 5'2, 100lb asian girl who was nearly passed out, four blocks in 20 degree (-7 Celsius) weather and snow, to her house.

On this walk, we had an egg thrown at our (my) head, and with the asian girl still on my back, I chased down and (after removing her) "won" a fight with the guy who threw the egg, while his friends continued running.

I then returned the girl to her house, went back to the party to pick up my coat, and was greeted with a song and a shot.

I credit all of it to TLHF.


lol this made my morning :D awesome
Prev 1 363 364 365 366 367 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.