• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 367

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 365 366 367 368 369 379 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-02 21:59:45
December 02 2012 21:59 GMT
#7321
Damn gotunk. Bench looked easy as hell, wish the guy would have got your 145.

That deadlift routine always gets me. 3x BW fuck yeah!
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 02 2012 22:09 GMT
#7322
Shaming me good into eating more.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-02 22:19:23
December 02 2012 22:18 GMT
#7323
wrong thread wrong forum wrong everything.

Guess I should stop browsing TLHF while watching IPL, and just go lift things.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
December 02 2012 23:02 GMT
#7324
awesome job gotunk!!!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 03 2012 01:23 GMT
#7325
Amazing job gotunk, so strong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 03 2012 15:00 GMT
#7326
That deadlift was so beastly.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 03 2012 19:29 GMT
#7327
Posting purely to show off the best workout shirt:



(It's a couple of months old ... not that my squat has improved at all since then )
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
December 03 2012 20:37 GMT
#7328
Think the rack position is a bit too high since you have to tip toe. But yea best workout shirt .
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
December 03 2012 21:43 GMT
#7329
rofl 1a2a3a ezpz

A little more depth would be good zatic!
Official Entusman #21
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 03 2012 22:04 GMT
#7330
That is my main problem Basically stuck for almost a year now because I just can figure out to go deeper than that with more than 90kg I try to force myself deeper but all that happens is my ass travels back instead of down and my chest comes down and I struggle to unfold again on the way up.

I just said fuck it after I took that video and started loaded again until 110. Then tried 100kg this week to see if I can go deeper now. Nope, just the exact same issue I had 3 months ago. My legs aren't even working hard at all but I just fold in when I try to go below parallel.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
December 03 2012 22:16 GMT
#7331
Take some videos so we can help you. If you feel like your ass is traveling back instead of down, make sure your knees are moving forward. If you just fold over and do squatmornings, try high-bar squats so there is less stress on your lower back. Alternatively, it could just be that your core is weak and you lose tightness when going down. Videos would be useful though
Official Entusman #21
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 03 2012 22:19 GMT
#7332
I am doing high-bar. I have read so much about squats over the last month, but I just can't get it right in action. I know where my body has to move but I just can't get it to do it.

I did post a couple of videos in September (including the one above) but I can record more, sure. I don't think anything has changed though.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-03 22:28:08
December 03 2012 22:27 GMT
#7333
It looks a bit low for high bar but it could just be the angle. I would try letting your knees move forward a bit more at the bottom.
Here's a couple of videos of me squatting + Show Spoiler +



At the bottom, my knees come out a lot because that's really the only way you can keep the bar balanced. Second video's a bit old and I was just starting to high bar squat but it's the same story.
Official Entusman #21
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
December 03 2012 22:42 GMT
#7334
Try stretching out your calves. Foam rolling them (tennis ball rolling, wine bottle rolling, etc.) would be good as well. If you see no improvement doing that then move onto another part of the hip/leg region such as the hip flexors.

Maybe check out mobilitywod.com
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 04 2012 00:58 GMT
#7335
Like infinity said, it seems the bar is a little low, and you have a little more forward lean than "High bar" - seems like more of a hybrid to me. You're also definitely starting the motion by "sitting back" which is more the cue for low bar squatting, whereas with high bar squatting your back is more upright, and as a consequence the path feels more like "up and down".

I found my high bar squat felt tremendously more comfortable when I got my adipowers. The raised heel makes a huge difference in what feels "right" for the knees, and still allows you to keep balance. Look at how little infinity's hips move back, compared to how his knees come forward and his back stays upright, and contrast with your video. I think that's why you're not getting where you want to go.

So routes for improvement are calf/ankle stretching, the plate under your heels trick, or getting a pair of shoes, and I think you'll see a big difference.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
December 04 2012 01:55 GMT
#7336
On December 04 2012 04:29 zatic wrote:
Posting purely to show off the best workout shirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnuEzVfYpg

(It's a couple of months old ... not that my squat has improved at all since then )



Haha nice t-shirt. Has anyone recognised it when you've been wearing it before?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-04 02:52:00
December 04 2012 02:49 GMT
#7337
On December 04 2012 07:04 zatic wrote:
That is my main problem Basically stuck for almost a year now because I just can figure out to go deeper than that with more than 90kg I try to force myself deeper but all that happens is my ass travels back instead of down and my chest comes down and I struggle to unfold again on the way up.

I just said fuck it after I took that video and started loaded again until 110. Then tried 100kg this week to see if I can go deeper now. Nope, just the exact same issue I had 3 months ago. My legs aren't even working hard at all but I just fold in when I try to go below parallel.

I don't really get the discussion. These are really good squats, there is not so much that needs improving. A little bit more depth and maybe a wider stance, so that you can squat a little bit more between your legs (though impossible to tell with that angle).
I would suggest you buy some weightlifting shoes. Flat shoes just suck for squatting. That alone would probably take care of the depth problem altogether.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 04 2012 03:27 GMT
#7338
judging by the last pages of this thread, I think we can pretty much say we win.

At life, at lifting, at everything.

We are the elite of the human awesomeness.

we're the fucking teamliquid health and fitness initiative.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-04 07:15:16
December 04 2012 06:57 GMT
#7339
I think this is easily one of my favourite threads on TL. So, I'm looking to run a half marathon in about 7-8 months and figure I might as well get started training for it as I have absolutely no ability to run long distances, only experienced as a sprinter really. Does anyone know of/have/can recommend training regimes to prepare for a half marathon?

Thanks!

id like to add that gotunk is a machine
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 04 2012 08:46 GMT
#7340
On December 04 2012 11:49 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2012 07:04 zatic wrote:
That is my main problem Basically stuck for almost a year now because I just can figure out to go deeper than that with more than 90kg I try to force myself deeper but all that happens is my ass travels back instead of down and my chest comes down and I struggle to unfold again on the way up.

I just said fuck it after I took that video and started loaded again until 110. Then tried 100kg this week to see if I can go deeper now. Nope, just the exact same issue I had 3 months ago. My legs aren't even working hard at all but I just fold in when I try to go below parallel.

I don't really get the discussion. These are really good squats, there is not so much that needs improving. A little bit more depth and maybe a wider stance, so that you can squat a little bit more between your legs (though impossible to tell with that angle).
I would suggest you buy some weightlifting shoes. Flat shoes just suck for squatting. That alone would probably take care of the depth problem altogether.

Yeah well more depth is exactly what I can't seem to figure out I still have a pair of PowerPerfect II at home, I'll try them again.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Prev 1 365 366 367 368 369 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.