• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9439 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 362

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 360 361 362 363 364 379 Next
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
November 20 2012 08:01 GMT
#7221
On November 19 2012 22:52 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2012 18:26 Malinor wrote:
First time in at least 11 years (more likely 14) that I am in double digits.
Sorry Phyre, I am early for our shared goal. Keep eating <3

[image loading]


Now I'm gonna build up a buffer for the christmas holidays. And then next year will be awesome.


Damn malinor, congrats!

I'm floating around 88, 89kg right now. 10-ish to go.

Congrats Malinor I am nearly there too 101.8kg and dropping! My feet are heaps hairy though, like a hobbit so might not post a picture haha.
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
November 20 2012 10:10 GMT
#7222
Perhaps we should have a feet hair progress pictures thread. Will make one when I get home.

Sunday a friend challenged me to do 20 reps with 102.5kg (his rm5), so I did. Today I can barely walk..
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
November 20 2012 13:42 GMT
#7223
Can anyone recommend some awesome lower back stretches? My lower back always seems to get tight just on one side, and I think it's from sitting too much - job that involves sitting + pc time seems to take it's toll. I'm currently doing a few and they help wonders but more is always better imo
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
November 20 2012 13:53 GMT
#7224
On November 20 2012 22:42 Divinek wrote:
Can anyone recommend some awesome lower back stretches? My lower back always seems to get tight just on one side, and I think it's from sitting too much - job that involves sitting + pc time seems to take it's toll. I'm currently doing a few and they help wonders but more is always better imo

I used to feel tight in my lower back all the time, then I started doing abs 3 times a week and some foamrolling. Never found an effective way to stretch it tho so would like an answer to this too
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 20 2012 14:52 GMT
#7225
On November 20 2012 22:42 Divinek wrote:
Can anyone recommend some awesome lower back stretches? My lower back always seems to get tight just on one side, and I think it's from sitting too much - job that involves sitting + pc time seems to take it's toll. I'm currently doing a few and they help wonders but more is always better imo


Lay on your back, then, in turns, bring a knee to your chest, hug that knee.

See if that hits the right part of your lower back.

Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
November 20 2012 15:17 GMT
#7226
On November 20 2012 23:52 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2012 22:42 Divinek wrote:
Can anyone recommend some awesome lower back stretches? My lower back always seems to get tight just on one side, and I think it's from sitting too much - job that involves sitting + pc time seems to take it's toll. I'm currently doing a few and they help wonders but more is always better imo


Lay on your back, then, in turns, bring a knee to your chest, hug that knee.

See if that hits the right part of your lower back.



ive been doing that and it's fantastic, i dont think it actually hits the part that's sore unfortunately
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 20 2012 15:55 GMT
#7227
On November 21 2012 00:17 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2012 23:52 JingleHell wrote:
On November 20 2012 22:42 Divinek wrote:
Can anyone recommend some awesome lower back stretches? My lower back always seems to get tight just on one side, and I think it's from sitting too much - job that involves sitting + pc time seems to take it's toll. I'm currently doing a few and they help wonders but more is always better imo


Lay on your back, then, in turns, bring a knee to your chest, hug that knee.

See if that hits the right part of your lower back.



ive been doing that and it's fantastic, i dont think it actually hits the part that's sore unfortunately


Try this one, then. Take your hands, put them behind your back with the backs of the hands together like you're getting cuffed, lock your fingers together, rotate your arms as far up as you can, and bend forward. That gets closer to your middle back.

It also hurts a bit.
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
November 21 2012 04:17 GMT
#7228
I have a stupid Sinusitis and it messes with my energy level...

Still, I now do doubles with 130kg on the Front Squat. I'm am quite happy with that. I feel it will help my box jump big time.

Now, something that has absolutly nothing to do with training; I signed to buy a BMW 335i convertible (hardtop) 2007. That thing is a beast... I had it for the day and I am totally addicted to driving it. I heard people saying bimmers were really really nice to drive and that there was something special about them. I thought it would be cool to own one but never ever thought I would get so hooked to the driving experience. I couldn't care less about the badge, I need to get behind the wheels. It's like the injection is straight to your veins when you drive and you make one with the machine. I'm sure my T levels spikes up while driving it so it will raise my lifts for sure. Unfortunately I will only have it in January... T_T

Here are some pics

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
November 21 2012 06:24 GMT
#7229
Lol I just saw the word pics and clicked on the spoiler expecting to see more BlondeOnBlonde abs lol.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Sverigevader
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden388 Posts
November 21 2012 10:12 GMT
#7230
I can't think of a better place to post this... SOUP!



I lol'd so hard... Gonna make that noise all the time now
"I can answer this, you're just a god damn sexy mofo." http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147829&currentpage=7#139
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
November 21 2012 16:10 GMT
#7231
Well, probably gonna go train today. Still no belt of my own so no actual PR for me today. Might go for 180kg beltless, which is a PR of a sort, I guess.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
November 22 2012 04:05 GMT
#7232
This looks like so much fun: http://www.allthingsgym.com/2012/11/tavo-sanchez-squat-oke-walk-squat/
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
November 23 2012 17:36 GMT
#7233
On November 20 2012 08:56 JingleHell wrote:
Fuck crohn's. Abscesses blow balls. Going to be out from TKD for probably 2 weeks, assuming I can get slice and diced quick. Going to miss testing, too.


Sorry to hear that What exactly is the treatment going to entail?


On November 20 2012 10:29 Risen wrote:
I swear I can't stand when I ask for a spot and the dude is like, pulling the bar with me. You're spotting me, not doing curls. So tired of pushing and I'm not even stalled and some yahoo starts pulling on it negating the lift. So I have to say don't pull up on the bar unless I'm failing or asking for help, then have to do it again. I'm repping 150lbs, I'm not going to fuckin' die if I fail and have to rest it on my chest until you help me. Maybe I'm being too hard, though. I guess erring on the side of caution is better than watching the dude you're spotting drop the bar on his throat, but still...

Beasted deadlifts today... so I ain't even mad. I credit that blog post.


Absolutely have this problem all the time. One thing that's been working pretty well recently is to tell my random spotter, "I'll be okay on my own for the first X, and then just barely a touch for the last Y." Even if you completely fuck up and pin yourself on the last rep, it usually takes awhile for them to do the annoying yank if they're not expecting to provide much help.


So, I'm going to be vacationing in Oaxaca, Mexico for about four weeks this December; is there any possibility that someone (Donkeys? not sure what part of Mexico you're in) can recommend a gym?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 23 2012 17:37 GMT
#7234
On November 24 2012 02:36 Vitruvian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2012 08:56 JingleHell wrote:
Fuck crohn's. Abscesses blow balls. Going to be out from TKD for probably 2 weeks, assuming I can get slice and diced quick. Going to miss testing, too.


Sorry to hear that What exactly is the treatment going to entail?




Well, this time, I got lucky. Just really wicked antibiotics. If it got much further along, it would have been a 1 inch deep incision to clean it out, then having the incision packed with like 2 feet of gauze.
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
November 23 2012 18:25 GMT
#7235
Okay, I've seen the Youtube videos of abscesses on peoples' backs being squeezed out; surely you're not talking about the same kind of abscess?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 23 2012 18:41 GMT
#7236
On November 24 2012 03:25 Vitruvian wrote:
Okay, I've seen the Youtube videos of abscesses on peoples' backs being squeezed out; surely you're not talking about the same kind of abscess?


While I haven't seen any youtube videos, abscess really only means one thing, medically. It's a sealed off portion of foreign material, somewhere in the body usually caused by an auto-immune response (like crohn's). I would think the only real difference is that the ones you saw were on someone's back, whereas these are in the intestines.

On a happier note - I'm thinking about getting myself a barbell and some bumpers around the holiday season this year =x. Probably wouldn't be using these for anything but C&J/Snatch... which means I wouldn't be buying much weight. Anyone know anything about barbell brands?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 23 2012 18:48 GMT
#7237
Squatted again today. No pain, lifts were easy. Psyched. Gonna keep just squatting for another week and then try deads and bench again. Carefully.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 23 2012 19:13 GMT
#7238
On November 24 2012 03:41 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2012 03:25 Vitruvian wrote:
Okay, I've seen the Youtube videos of abscesses on peoples' backs being squeezed out; surely you're not talking about the same kind of abscess?


While I haven't seen any youtube videos, abscess really only means one thing, medically. It's a sealed off portion of foreign material, somewhere in the body usually caused by an auto-immune response (like crohn's). I would think the only real difference is that the ones you saw were on someone's back, whereas these are in the intestines.



Actually, the average Crohn's one shows up in the glutes. Sitting, walking, exercising, forget it for 1-2 weeks.
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
November 24 2012 02:54 GMT
#7239
On November 24 2012 02:36 Vitruvian wrote:
So, I'm going to be vacationing in Oaxaca, Mexico for about four weeks this December; is there any possibility that someone (Donkeys? not sure what part of Mexico you're in) can recommend a gym?


It's about a 400 mile drive from where I live to Oaxaca, I personally have never been there but if you tell me what part of Oaxaca you're going to (hotel?) I can probably look around for some well known gyms in the area. Mexican gyms suckkkk (just a heads up haha).
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
November 24 2012 14:43 GMT
#7240
Crazy stuff. Nearly everyone at my gym who lift 'big' weights, aka squat over 120kg, seem to train with belts, and most of the time, they don't go even near parallel. Of course I'm not about to say anything to a dude squatting 155kg when I can only squat sets less than 110kg (but I go below parallel), but it does confuse me. Or when the dude deadlifts without setting the weight on the floor, aka he has a rack that sets the bar maybe 5-10 inches higher.
As I do my workouts, he tells his buddy how his knees hurt while he squats, being all macho.
Whatever.

Regardless, I've had a terrible week in terms of gains. In fact, squats have vastly DROPPED, bench has made only minor increases. Deadlift increased quite nicely tho.
I suspect this is because of a screwed up sleeping rhythm for over 2 weeks... one week of screwed up sleep, followed by a school week where I was sleep deprived with like 6 hours of sleep a night on multiple occasions. I also lost a few kg of weight due to personal reasons and not eating well, but that was probably mostly fluids (tho I DID eat at a deficit).

Well, I decided to pick up the pace, eat like a gargantuan and sleep 8½ to 10 hours per night, whatever I can, and see how I do after the weekend. The cool thing is though, I don't feel too bad about not gaining much, or even 'losing' some gains on my squat. I love working out atm. It's damn important to me, and I try my best to follow it diligently, but I'm not attached to it so that it messes up my life.

Random rambling, but whatever. Stay strong people. I don't post too often over here, but I cannot express enough how important this forum is to me, and how much motivation and information I get from everyone. Strength training is incredible. I've only experimented with it a little bit because I've had enough motivation regardless, but I notice that I can run faster than ever, jump higher than ever, and my balance is better than ever. While getting stronger overall too. I love it.
Prev 1 360 361 362 363 364 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.