• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 111

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 379 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 15:31:32
March 09 2012 15:20 GMT
#2201
On March 09 2012 22:33 FFGenerations wrote:
dude you probably know but most of us/nubs are doing the starting strength program (SS), which is "big 3" (or big 5) 3x a week..

but it is never to supposed to be to failure. the whole point of the program is that you can recover fast enough to be able to do those "big 3" three times per week. if you overdo it then you wont recover in time and are fucking up the program.

btw "to failure" afaik is doing your work sets (3x5) and then at the end of each set or at the end of all your sets you get someone to spot you and you just keep going and going until the spotter has to lift the bar off of you coz you've collapsed (sorta)

so ya, go ahead and skip squats next session to let your legs recover and give you a more fun/productive workout for that day. and then keep some awareness about you not to overdo it in the future. remember the whole point of going to the gym is to be able to recover intime to keep to your program

i kinda alternate, some days i just do my worksets and leave, some days i do my worksets and then get spotted to failure/do more random sets until im dead. but if you look at my progress spreadsheet , its kinda all over the place where i've fucked up link

edit also if youre on a cut i think you can expect the worst hehe


What I mean by "to failure" is basically RPT If I can do more than 5 reps on the first set then I'm not lifting enough, but the goal is to reach 7, which basically means I either get to 7 or to failure. And basically I dunno if Big 3 and SS had RPT and cutting in mind

On March 09 2012 23:09 infinity21 wrote:
Have you tried RPT? It worked for me while I was cutting and I have shittier recovery than most people I think.
Mix up light days in your workouts and don't train to failure on every movement every workout. If you're not lifting baby weights, your body won't be able to recover in time.

Maybe I'll try just doing 3x5 on wednesdays rather than RPT, thanks for the tip. =)

Or maybe cycle which exercise I do first? Like start with squats on mondays, bench on wednesday and deads on friday? I remember Berkhan saying don't change stuff, but again that might not apply to noobs like me.

edit: @Celltech: pretty sweet progress, really big difference on the abs but larger overall as well.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 09 2012 15:24 GMT
#2202
On March 10 2012 00:05 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Quick picture update: First picture was taken about 5 months ago before taking food and flattering light. Second picture is after 2000kcals means and tons of water. 78kg in first picture, 81 in second. Totally getting too bulky. Flexed abs in both pics, unflexed everything else.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you don't mind me saying,

you need to bulk the fuck up. more more more!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 09 2012 15:44 GMT
#2203
On March 10 2012 00:20 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 23:09 infinity21 wrote:
Have you tried RPT? It worked for me while I was cutting and I have shittier recovery than most people I think.
Mix up light days in your workouts and don't train to failure on every movement every workout. If you're not lifting baby weights, your body won't be able to recover in time.

Maybe I'll try just doing 3x5 on wednesdays rather than RPT, thanks for the tip. =)

Or maybe cycle which exercise I do first? Like start with squats on mondays, bench on wednesday and deads on friday? I remember Berkhan saying don't change stuff, but again that might not apply to noobs like me.

edit: @Celltech: pretty sweet progress, really big difference on the abs but larger overall as well.

Are you doing squat, bench, DL every day? That would be pretty taxing on your body. What does your current routine look like?
Have you tried incorporating dynamic work? If you wanted to keep doing the big 3 every day, I'd prob do something like:
Mon - heavy squat, dynamic dl, light bench
Wed - heavy bench, dynamic squat
Fri - heavy DL, dynamic bench
You gotta tweak things to fit your personal recovery ability / work volume that you make best gains on.
Official Entusman #21
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 09 2012 15:47 GMT
#2204
On March 10 2012 00:24 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 00:05 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Quick picture update: First picture was taken about 5 months ago before taking food and flattering light. Second picture is after 2000kcals means and tons of water. 78kg in first picture, 81 in second. Totally getting too bulky. Flexed abs in both pics, unflexed everything else.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you don't mind me saying,

you need to bulk the fuck up. more more more!

I know. Still made good progress in the last few months go. Bulking atm. But yeah, lifts have gone up, fat has gone down. Pretty pleased with progress so far.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 09 2012 16:23 GMT
#2205
On March 10 2012 00:47 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 00:24 funkie wrote:
On March 10 2012 00:05 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Quick picture update: First picture was taken about 5 months ago before taking food and flattering light. Second picture is after 2000kcals means and tons of water. 78kg in first picture, 81 in second. Totally getting too bulky. Flexed abs in both pics, unflexed everything else.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you don't mind me saying,

you need to bulk the fuck up. more more more!

I know. Still made good progress in the last few months go. Bulking atm. But yeah, lifts have gone up, fat has gone down. Pretty pleased with progress so far.


Yeah! progress is progress! but I do think you'd look better a bit bulkier.

Congrats on the progress man!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 09 2012 16:54 GMT
#2206
On March 10 2012 00:20 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 22:33 FFGenerations wrote:
dude you probably know but most of us/nubs are doing the starting strength program (SS), which is "big 3" (or big 5) 3x a week..

but it is never to supposed to be to failure. the whole point of the program is that you can recover fast enough to be able to do those "big 3" three times per week. if you overdo it then you wont recover in time and are fucking up the program.

btw "to failure" afaik is doing your work sets (3x5) and then at the end of each set or at the end of all your sets you get someone to spot you and you just keep going and going until the spotter has to lift the bar off of you coz you've collapsed (sorta)

so ya, go ahead and skip squats next session to let your legs recover and give you a more fun/productive workout for that day. and then keep some awareness about you not to overdo it in the future. remember the whole point of going to the gym is to be able to recover intime to keep to your program

i kinda alternate, some days i just do my worksets and leave, some days i do my worksets and then get spotted to failure/do more random sets until im dead. but if you look at my progress spreadsheet , its kinda all over the place where i've fucked up link

edit also if youre on a cut i think you can expect the worst hehe


What I mean by "to failure" is basically RPT If I can do more than 5 reps on the first set then I'm not lifting enough, but the goal is to reach 7, which basically means I either get to 7 or to failure. And basically I dunno if Big 3 and SS had RPT and cutting in mind

Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 23:09 infinity21 wrote:
Have you tried RPT? It worked for me while I was cutting and I have shittier recovery than most people I think.
Mix up light days in your workouts and don't train to failure on every movement every workout. If you're not lifting baby weights, your body won't be able to recover in time.

Maybe I'll try just doing 3x5 on wednesdays rather than RPT, thanks for the tip. =)

Or maybe cycle which exercise I do first? Like start with squats on mondays, bench on wednesday and deads on friday? I remember Berkhan saying don't change stuff, but again that might not apply to noobs like me.

edit: @Celltech: pretty sweet progress, really big difference on the abs but larger overall as well.


Never train to failure. It makes you weak. If you want mass, add more sets and possibly lower the weight a bit (10%)
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 16:55:28
March 09 2012 16:55 GMT
#2207
On March 10 2012 00:05 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Quick picture update: First picture was taken about 5 months ago before taking food and flattering light. Second picture is after 2000kcals means and tons of water. 78kg in first picture, 81 in second. Totally getting too bulky. Flexed abs in both pics, unflexed everything else.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


@Osmoses Rip says that if you fail squat 3x in a row, with good sleep and nutrition, THEN you take off about 3 weeks.

Nice progress! I'm also around your length and around 90kg now but still nowhere near big. Foreverabulk.
SiZ.FaNtAsY
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)1497 Posts
March 09 2012 17:10 GMT
#2208
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!
Karma is a bitch
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 09 2012 17:12 GMT
#2209
On March 10 2012 01:54 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 00:20 Osmoses wrote:
On March 09 2012 22:33 FFGenerations wrote:
dude you probably know but most of us/nubs are doing the starting strength program (SS), which is "big 3" (or big 5) 3x a week..

but it is never to supposed to be to failure. the whole point of the program is that you can recover fast enough to be able to do those "big 3" three times per week. if you overdo it then you wont recover in time and are fucking up the program.

btw "to failure" afaik is doing your work sets (3x5) and then at the end of each set or at the end of all your sets you get someone to spot you and you just keep going and going until the spotter has to lift the bar off of you coz you've collapsed (sorta)

so ya, go ahead and skip squats next session to let your legs recover and give you a more fun/productive workout for that day. and then keep some awareness about you not to overdo it in the future. remember the whole point of going to the gym is to be able to recover intime to keep to your program

i kinda alternate, some days i just do my worksets and leave, some days i do my worksets and then get spotted to failure/do more random sets until im dead. but if you look at my progress spreadsheet , its kinda all over the place where i've fucked up link

edit also if youre on a cut i think you can expect the worst hehe


What I mean by "to failure" is basically RPT If I can do more than 5 reps on the first set then I'm not lifting enough, but the goal is to reach 7, which basically means I either get to 7 or to failure. And basically I dunno if Big 3 and SS had RPT and cutting in mind

On March 09 2012 23:09 infinity21 wrote:
Have you tried RPT? It worked for me while I was cutting and I have shittier recovery than most people I think.
Mix up light days in your workouts and don't train to failure on every movement every workout. If you're not lifting baby weights, your body won't be able to recover in time.

Maybe I'll try just doing 3x5 on wednesdays rather than RPT, thanks for the tip. =)

Or maybe cycle which exercise I do first? Like start with squats on mondays, bench on wednesday and deads on friday? I remember Berkhan saying don't change stuff, but again that might not apply to noobs like me.

edit: @Celltech: pretty sweet progress, really big difference on the abs but larger overall as well.


Never train to failure. It makes you weak. If you want mass, add more sets and possibly lower the weight a bit (10%)

According to Mr. Berkhan the first set is the most important, doing it until failure, and there are little to no benefits to doing more than 3 sets.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 17:34:29
March 09 2012 17:33 GMT
#2210
On March 10 2012 02:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!

It works them well. See above difference in celltechs pictures. A bit blocked off but obvious difference in size and definition
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 17:38:50
March 09 2012 17:38 GMT
#2211
On March 10 2012 02:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!


I feel huge and I've been doing it for like 3 weeks now. Since I half-started lifting serious (3x a week SL instead of 2x bench and whatever machine crap) I've gained about 10lbs lean muscle. I'd guess <10% of my gain is fat.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 17:56:58
March 09 2012 17:40 GMT
#2212
On March 10 2012 00:24 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 00:05 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Quick picture update: First picture was taken about 5 months ago before taking food and flattering light. Second picture is after 2000kcals means and tons of water. 78kg in first picture, 81 in second. Totally getting too bulky. Flexed abs in both pics, unflexed everything else.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you don't mind me saying,

you need to bulk the fuck up. more more more!


I agree actually lol. Also jw how tall are you?

Edit** Progress is looking really good, way more ripped in second picture than the first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 17:50:53
March 09 2012 17:50 GMT
#2213
On March 10 2012 02:38 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 02:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!


I feel huge and I've been doing it for like 3 weeks now. Since I half-started lifting serious (3x a week SL instead of 2x bench and whatever machine crap) I've gained about 10lbs lean muscle. I'd guess <10% of my gain is fat.


[image loading]

ninja edit: also agree on the bulking up celltech part
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 09 2012 18:34 GMT
#2214
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but wanted to link this picture from the SL pdf:

[image loading]
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 18:41:14
March 09 2012 18:39 GMT
#2215
On March 10 2012 03:34 Deadeight wrote:
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but wanted to link this picture from the SL pdf:


My knees hurt when I see that picture.

Has anyone ever tried a 20rep max on squat?

On March 10 2012 02:50 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 02:38 mordek wrote:
On March 10 2012 02:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!


I feel huge and I've been doing it for like 3 weeks now. Since I half-started lifting serious (3x a week SL instead of 2x bench and whatever machine crap) I've gained about 10lbs lean muscle. I'd guess <10% of my gain is fat.


ninja edit: also agree on the bulking up celltech part


Had to quote to see link url to figure out what you were linking. Yes I'm serious
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 09 2012 18:41 GMT
#2216
On March 10 2012 02:12 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 01:54 GoTuNk! wrote:
On March 10 2012 00:20 Osmoses wrote:
On March 09 2012 22:33 FFGenerations wrote:
dude you probably know but most of us/nubs are doing the starting strength program (SS), which is "big 3" (or big 5) 3x a week..

but it is never to supposed to be to failure. the whole point of the program is that you can recover fast enough to be able to do those "big 3" three times per week. if you overdo it then you wont recover in time and are fucking up the program.

btw "to failure" afaik is doing your work sets (3x5) and then at the end of each set or at the end of all your sets you get someone to spot you and you just keep going and going until the spotter has to lift the bar off of you coz you've collapsed (sorta)

so ya, go ahead and skip squats next session to let your legs recover and give you a more fun/productive workout for that day. and then keep some awareness about you not to overdo it in the future. remember the whole point of going to the gym is to be able to recover intime to keep to your program

i kinda alternate, some days i just do my worksets and leave, some days i do my worksets and then get spotted to failure/do more random sets until im dead. but if you look at my progress spreadsheet , its kinda all over the place where i've fucked up link

edit also if youre on a cut i think you can expect the worst hehe


What I mean by "to failure" is basically RPT If I can do more than 5 reps on the first set then I'm not lifting enough, but the goal is to reach 7, which basically means I either get to 7 or to failure. And basically I dunno if Big 3 and SS had RPT and cutting in mind

On March 09 2012 23:09 infinity21 wrote:
Have you tried RPT? It worked for me while I was cutting and I have shittier recovery than most people I think.
Mix up light days in your workouts and don't train to failure on every movement every workout. If you're not lifting baby weights, your body won't be able to recover in time.

Maybe I'll try just doing 3x5 on wednesdays rather than RPT, thanks for the tip. =)

Or maybe cycle which exercise I do first? Like start with squats on mondays, bench on wednesday and deads on friday? I remember Berkhan saying don't change stuff, but again that might not apply to noobs like me.

edit: @Celltech: pretty sweet progress, really big difference on the abs but larger overall as well.


Never train to failure. It makes you weak. If you want mass, add more sets and possibly lower the weight a bit (10%)

According to Mr. Berkhan the first set is the most important, doing it until failure, and there are little to no benefits to doing more than 3 sets.


I do not know who Mr.Berkhan is, but he obv didnt gain 4 pounds in 4 weeks doing smolov.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 18:48:35
March 09 2012 18:47 GMT
#2217
On March 10 2012 03:39 mordek wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 10 2012 03:34 Deadeight wrote:
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but wanted to link this picture from the SL pdf:


My knees hurt when I see that picture.

Has anyone ever tried a 20rep max on squat?

On March 10 2012 02:50 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 02:38 mordek wrote:
On March 10 2012 02:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!


I feel huge and I've been doing it for like 3 weeks now. Since I half-started lifting serious (3x a week SL instead of 2x bench and whatever machine crap) I've gained about 10lbs lean muscle. I'd guess <10% of my gain is fat.


ninja edit: also agree on the bulking up celltech part


Had to quote to see link url to figure out what you were linking. Yes I'm serious


Maximum amount of protein synthesis is like a pound a week, but only with roids. (edit: without it's about half a pound)
Might have read something wrong, but 10lbs of muscle in 3 weeks is impossible. Not to rain on your parade, be happy with your gains and continue to work hard.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 23:10:26
March 09 2012 18:52 GMT
#2218
On March 10 2012 03:47 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 03:39 mordek wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 10 2012 03:34 Deadeight wrote:
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but wanted to link this picture from the SL pdf:


My knees hurt when I see that picture.

Has anyone ever tried a 20rep max on squat?

On March 10 2012 02:50 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 02:38 mordek wrote:
On March 10 2012 02:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
HI guys I'm listening to your advice and will start SL starting today. I've read the pdf file from the author and I'm still a bit of a skpetic on how the program will work the arms but we'll see after 12 weeks!


I feel huge and I've been doing it for like 3 weeks now. Since I half-started lifting serious (3x a week SL instead of 2x bench and whatever machine crap) I've gained about 10lbs lean muscle. I'd guess <10% of my gain is fat.


ninja edit: also agree on the bulking up celltech part


Had to quote to see link url to figure out what you were linking. Yes I'm serious


Maximum amount of protein synthesis is like a pound a week, but only with roids. (edit: without it's about half a pound)
Might have read something wrong, but 10lbs of muscle in 3 weeks is impossible. Not to rain on your parade, be happy with your gains and continue to work hard.

You're probably right
I'd have to check my numbers but it's probably more like 5 in the last 3 weeks and 10 in the past few months. I'm trying to convince this guy it works! I was struggling to leave 160 for weeks and weeks and I weigh 170+ now.

I guess I'm going off the fact that my muscles are bigger, I haven't lost definition (still have abs visible) but yet I weight ten more pounds then where I was trying to get past for weeks before drinking tons of whole milk and counting calories to make sure I ate enough.

Edit 2: More on point, just measured my biceps, gained 3/4 in. on each since 2/20/12.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 09 2012 19:05 GMT
#2219
You have to be really careful when you weigh yourself I think, let me tell a story.

When I was about 14ish I ate too much, I used to leave school at lunch time and buy 20 profiteroles and just eat them all for lunch, and I was putting a ton of weight on. My mum tried to reduce my weight by reducing meals etc and I'd just steal more.

So when I wanted to buy a new guitar my mum said I could, the moment I dropped half a stone of weight. My uncle was there at the time and told me what to do. Before my weigh in I ate loads of chocolate and drunk loads of water, he said all the chocolate would absorb the water and I could put on a stone. I weighed in nice and heavy, and then was up all night pissing it out and weighed 9lb less the next morning. I waited a week or two then bought a new guitar.


Yeah I was a shit.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 09 2012 19:06 GMT
#2220
On March 10 2012 02:40 Mementoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 00:24 funkie wrote:
On March 10 2012 00:05 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Quick picture update: First picture was taken about 5 months ago before taking food and flattering light. Second picture is after 2000kcals means and tons of water. 78kg in first picture, 81 in second. Totally getting too bulky. Flexed abs in both pics, unflexed everything else.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you don't mind me saying,

you need to bulk the fuck up. more more more!


I agree actually lol. Also jw how tall are you?

Edit** Progress is looking really good, way more ripped in second picture than the first.

6'5 in your retarded metric system, 1.95 in ours I obviously want to get bigger, but other than being a little 'small' I think I look pretty good. Good progress regardless, hoped I'd motivate some people. Not training for aesthetics yet, I want see how strong I get by July 11th.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.