• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 109

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 379 Next
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 08 2012 02:05 GMT
#2161
Pics of the plates below:
[image loading]
Too lazy to spread them all out but they're mostly rust-free. I'll prob have to clean them up a bit but not much.
Official Entusman #21
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 08 2012 02:10 GMT
#2162
Just talked to my dad about the reason why he's not letting me keep the plates. You guys ready for it?
He doesn't have one. I just can't.
LOL I just lost a lot of respect for my dad
Official Entusman #21
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 08 2012 03:15 GMT
#2163
ship them to me, I'll make sure they're used well (I live in Venezuela haha, so yeah, you can't ship .)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 08 2012 03:19 GMT
#2164
lol I'll prob hide them in my room until I move out. As long as I find a job after I graduate, I should be able to move out within a year. More pics here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114133191046454414736/albums/posts
Let me know if you guys can see it

Also, form check!
Official Entusman #21
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 08 2012 04:41 GMT
#2165
On March 08 2012 12:19 infinity21 wrote:
lol I'll prob hide them in my room until I move out. As long as I find a job after I graduate, I should be able to move out within a year. More pics here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114133191046454414736/albums/posts
Let me know if you guys can see it

Also, form check!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ5gWCUZwYI


nice arch, its kinda cheating to not put the entire shoe on the floor though.
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 08 2012 04:59 GMT
#2166
Tried 120lb overhead today went 2-2-3 which was embarrassing, but the reason is because my headphones blew out earlier so without music I can't give it my all unfortunately. You be lucky Haji!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 08 2012 08:47 GMT
#2167
Like gotunk said, that arch is way exaggerated. You need your heels on the floor. You just need to arch your back enough so that mr rippetoe can fit his hand under your lower back.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 08 2012 08:52 GMT
#2168
According to Dave Tate, how you have your feet is a preference thing, but I assume you watched the "So you think you can bench" series since your form is almost identical to his. Looks like pretty good powerlifting form to me.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 08 2012 09:10 GMT
#2169
True enough powerlifters do do that. But unless you're a powerlifter you should probably tone it down. That form is concerned with getting as much help as possible from your pecks, only goal is to lift the weight in that specific exercise. It doesn't concern itself with practical muscle distribution or anything else for that matter but the goal.

Sweet plates by the way Infinity. Your dad probably has his reasons, but he doesn't wish to share. Maybe he had a traumatic experience with lifting once? :3
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 08 2012 09:34 GMT
#2170
@infinity21 He's jelly that you'll become a massive man.

I have my own plates and bar that I keep at my parents house, I miss them a lot. I just don't have room this year.
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 08 2012 09:59 GMT
#2171
Powerlifting style bench involve the tricep and shoulders more, while slightly decreasing the pec involvement. This will allow more weight -> More stress on the muscles. As with the low bar squat, it makes sense to use the form that allows you to move the most weight.

Powerlifting style is also much safer on your shoulders and rotator-cuffs. Not sure what you mean with practical muscle distribution.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 08 2012 12:15 GMT
#2172
On March 08 2012 18:59 Sneakyz wrote:
Powerlifting style bench involve the tricep and shoulders more, while slightly decreasing the pec involvement. This will allow more weight -> More stress on the muscles. As with the low bar squat, it makes sense to use the form that allows you to move the most weight.

Powerlifting style is also much safer on your shoulders and rotator-cuffs. Not sure what you mean with practical muscle distribution.

The whole reason why you arch your back in powerlifting is to decrease the angle between the lower arms and the pecks, making it easier to lift by using more pecks/core, lessening both the work you have to do with your arms and the distance you have to lift (because your chest is higher up). I got that from the Rippetoe videos on youtube. Where are you getting your information? :p

With practical muscle distribution I meant that powerlifting pushes downwards, basically, whereas "proper" form pushes out, involving the upper body more. I guess "practical" isn't really the word I was looking for...
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:29:12
March 08 2012 12:24 GMT
#2173
On March 08 2012 13:41 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 12:19 infinity21 wrote:
lol I'll prob hide them in my room until I move out. As long as I find a job after I graduate, I should be able to move out within a year. More pics here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114133191046454414736/albums/posts
Let me know if you guys can see it

Also, form check!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ5gWCUZwYI


nice arch, its kinda cheating to not put the entire shoe on the floor though.

Oh, is that powerlifting meet rules?
I like it because that bench is really wobbly and it gives me a bit more stability. I had a lot of trouble (i.e. bench was stalling for a good month) when I first changed to this gym because of that. I'll look into changing my form when I move to a diff gym with a better bench.
@Osmoses: I think last time I tried it with my feet on the ground, they just slipped haha
@Sneakyz: Yeah that's where I got my form
Official Entusman #21
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 08 2012 12:55 GMT
#2174
Elitefts would be were I read/watch bench press stuff. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_best_damn_bench_press_article_period some stuff there aswell.
The arch itself is mainly to push yourself into the bench and get a stable base, since every instability will mean some of your power is not going directly into the bench, while also minimizing the distance the bar has to travel. The pec involvement doesn't seem to change much with the arch but the slightly closer grip and the fact that you lower the bar more towards your belly will both lessen the involvement of the pec and increase the involvement of tricep, shoulders and lats respectively.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
TheResidentEvil
Profile Joined September 2010
United States991 Posts
March 08 2012 16:23 GMT
#2175
An article challenging the notion of calories in < calories out

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/03/whats-really-making-us-fat/254087/
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
March 08 2012 19:21 GMT
#2176
After taking months off with no excuse but being the laziest human ever... I'm back(Hiding)

In mexico for the next 6 months. Plan is to come back home looking like a new person
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 19:22:12
March 08 2012 19:21 GMT
#2177
On March 09 2012 01:23 TheResidentEvil wrote:
An article challenging the notion of calories in < calories out

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/03/whats-really-making-us-fat/254087/

Even though the researcher denies it, it's still based on calories in < calories out. His research seems to mostly look at what affects the calories in part of the equation:

"I don't believe in the energy balance model, which is calorie-centric," he says. "I believe in the fat deposition model, which is insulin-centric. The reason is that by altering insulin dynamics, you can alter both caloric consumption and physical activity behavior. This has been my research for the past 16 years."

That is to say, by altering insulin dynamics, you eat more, so your calories in > calories out. It's the same thing, he's just choosing to focus on one element of the equation. That's my interpretation at least.
Moderator
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 08 2012 20:48 GMT
#2178
On March 08 2012 21:24 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 13:41 GoTuNk! wrote:
On March 08 2012 12:19 infinity21 wrote:
lol I'll prob hide them in my room until I move out. As long as I find a job after I graduate, I should be able to move out within a year. More pics here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114133191046454414736/albums/posts
Let me know if you guys can see it

Also, form check!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ5gWCUZwYI


nice arch, its kinda cheating to not put the entire shoe on the floor though.

Oh, is that powerlifting meet rules?
I like it because that bench is really wobbly and it gives me a bit more stability. I had a lot of trouble (i.e. bench was stalling for a good month) when I first changed to this gym because of that. I'll look into changing my form when I move to a diff gym with a better bench.
@Osmoses: I think last time I tried it with my feet on the ground, they just slipped haha
@Sneakyz: Yeah that's where I got my form


Ya powerlifting rules say u need flat feet on floor, cant move feet or ass after unrack. Its because u can lift more if you stand on top of toes and keep ur ass in the air.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 21:43:47
March 08 2012 21:43 GMT
#2179
suddenly got "employee of the month" amongst a huge crowded staff party/meeting (first one ive been to since i started 3-4 months ago), so embarrassed :3 yay FREE KCALS!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 08 2012 22:06 GMT
#2180
Last workout of the cycle. Finished it up with a 215kg deadlift.

The deload will be much appreciated.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.