• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 107

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 379 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 06 2012 17:30 GMT
#2121
On March 07 2012 02:04 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 02:01 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:57 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:52 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:49 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 00:16 sJarl wrote:
This research job could be pretty insane. If all goes well I may have my name for the first time on a proper science article!

A huge bonus is that the cafeteria is awesome.

What is your research on? I might get an article published by the end of the year, depending on how lucky I am in obtaining a sample for my work.


It basicly involves mapping out the entire human metabolic pathway if I understood my mentor right and doing it such a manner that the data is easily accessible to others and on a computational form.

https://notendur.hi.is/rfleming/SummerStudentProject2012MetabolicCartography.pdf

This is the project description if you are interested. It is a really ambitious project and it's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

Ahh ok cool, that looks interesting. Is the research part of your degree, or just work?


It's just a summer programme for me but it really helps when I do the research project next year for my BS degreen in Medicine. It's a mandatory part when you study medicine in Iceland.

Oh I see. Sounds good. Getting a published article while still busy with your undergraduate degree is really nice


Yeah, it really is. What is your paper going to be about?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
March 06 2012 17:51 GMT
#2122
On March 06 2012 23:15 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 23:10 infinity21 wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:00 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:40 `Zapdos wrote:
On March 06 2012 06:33 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 05:56 `Zapdos wrote:
Zapdos
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 128(have gained 8 pounds since starting workint out in november) lbs
Starting Date: 3/04/2012 || Goal Date: 06/15/2012
Weight goals -- [Would like to be somewhere between 140-150 depending on how my body fills out]
Training goals -- [Going 5 times a week with one day of Neural activation training and one day off]
Nutrition goals -- [ Trying to get about 3000 caories a day and get protein supplements to help grow muscle]

Hey guys just started this routine but i've been working out off and on with varied success since november. I wanna put on some muscle since i'm a pretty short and scrawny guy and I never took the time to work out and fill out to. I started this workout which I will link and i'd like to know your opinions on whether or nto this is a good workout. I feel like it is and after doing the first two days am already exhausted. http://www.projectswole.com/printable/werewolf-muscle-log-3.htm

Just out of interest, how advanced a lifter were you when you started, and what are your current PRs on the big lifts (deadlift, squat, bench)? I don't know much, but that looks like a pretty advanced/bodybuilder workout rather than a beginner workout, so I'd guess how good it is would depend on how appropriate it is for you to be using it at the moment.


I do about 115 bench press and the same for squats, haven't been working out for that long but I started at 65 for bench press and closer to 80 for squats back in november

Kg or Lbs? 115kg bench sounds a bit big, but 115lb squat sounds a bit small so I'm not sure :p

The guy's 5'5" and 128lb. I highly doubt anyone could bench double their body weight in 4 months... lol

Haha, good point. Forgot to check that out :p In that case, something like SS would probably be a better program for general strength and bulking right? 4 months for a 52kg squat seems a bit slow. The workout 'Zapdos is currently doing is quite intensive with 5 days of gym a week, and quite a bit of isolation work as well as a fair amount of high rep low intensity sets. To me, SS seems more fitting if his goal is just general strength + bulking.


What is SS?
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 18:19:27
March 06 2012 18:13 GMT
#2123
On March 07 2012 02:51 `Zapdos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 23:15 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:10 infinity21 wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:00 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:40 `Zapdos wrote:
On March 06 2012 06:33 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 05:56 `Zapdos wrote:
Zapdos
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 128(have gained 8 pounds since starting workint out in november) lbs
Starting Date: 3/04/2012 || Goal Date: 06/15/2012
Weight goals -- [Would like to be somewhere between 140-150 depending on how my body fills out]
Training goals -- [Going 5 times a week with one day of Neural activation training and one day off]
Nutrition goals -- [ Trying to get about 3000 caories a day and get protein supplements to help grow muscle]

Hey guys just started this routine but i've been working out off and on with varied success since november. I wanna put on some muscle since i'm a pretty short and scrawny guy and I never took the time to work out and fill out to. I started this workout which I will link and i'd like to know your opinions on whether or nto this is a good workout. I feel like it is and after doing the first two days am already exhausted. http://www.projectswole.com/printable/werewolf-muscle-log-3.htm

Just out of interest, how advanced a lifter were you when you started, and what are your current PRs on the big lifts (deadlift, squat, bench)? I don't know much, but that looks like a pretty advanced/bodybuilder workout rather than a beginner workout, so I'd guess how good it is would depend on how appropriate it is for you to be using it at the moment.


I do about 115 bench press and the same for squats, haven't been working out for that long but I started at 65 for bench press and closer to 80 for squats back in november

Kg or Lbs? 115kg bench sounds a bit big, but 115lb squat sounds a bit small so I'm not sure :p

The guy's 5'5" and 128lb. I highly doubt anyone could bench double their body weight in 4 months... lol

Haha, good point. Forgot to check that out :p In that case, something like SS would probably be a better program for general strength and bulking right? 4 months for a 52kg squat seems a bit slow. The workout 'Zapdos is currently doing is quite intensive with 5 days of gym a week, and quite a bit of isolation work as well as a fair amount of high rep low intensity sets. To me, SS seems more fitting if his goal is just general strength + bulking.


What is SS?


Read the OP of this thread. Link to SS (Starting Strength) and SL (Strong Lifts) are there. Simply put there full body strength programs designed for linear gains for beginners and both focus on compound exercises. They will give you a good base of strength after about 6 months to a year before you jump into an intermediate program.

EDIT* wait no its in here, general training reccomendations : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=261928
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 06 2012 18:22 GMT
#2124
On March 07 2012 02:30 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 02:04 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 02:01 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:57 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:52 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:49 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 00:16 sJarl wrote:
This research job could be pretty insane. If all goes well I may have my name for the first time on a proper science article!

A huge bonus is that the cafeteria is awesome.

What is your research on? I might get an article published by the end of the year, depending on how lucky I am in obtaining a sample for my work.


It basicly involves mapping out the entire human metabolic pathway if I understood my mentor right and doing it such a manner that the data is easily accessible to others and on a computational form.

https://notendur.hi.is/rfleming/SummerStudentProject2012MetabolicCartography.pdf

This is the project description if you are interested. It is a really ambitious project and it's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

Ahh ok cool, that looks interesting. Is the research part of your degree, or just work?


It's just a summer programme for me but it really helps when I do the research project next year for my BS degreen in Medicine. It's a mandatory part when you study medicine in Iceland.

Oh I see. Sounds good. Getting a published article while still busy with your undergraduate degree is really nice


Yeah, it really is. What is your paper going to be about?

I'm examining the way in which the anchoring and adjustment heuristic (which is like a mental shortcut people use) systematically biases stock market decisions. If I get a sample of professional investors (something which is currently being worked on) the research should get published. On the other hand, if I have to rely on finance students, it will be good enough for my Masters, but it probably won't get published. A bit of a shitty situation since I had a proper sample organized before some things went awry, so now I have to see what I can find.

On March 07 2012 02:51 `Zapdos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 23:15 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:10 infinity21 wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:00 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:40 `Zapdos wrote:
On March 06 2012 06:33 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 05:56 `Zapdos wrote:
Zapdos
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 128(have gained 8 pounds since starting workint out in november) lbs
Starting Date: 3/04/2012 || Goal Date: 06/15/2012
Weight goals -- [Would like to be somewhere between 140-150 depending on how my body fills out]
Training goals -- [Going 5 times a week with one day of Neural activation training and one day off]
Nutrition goals -- [ Trying to get about 3000 caories a day and get protein supplements to help grow muscle]

Hey guys just started this routine but i've been working out off and on with varied success since november. I wanna put on some muscle since i'm a pretty short and scrawny guy and I never took the time to work out and fill out to. I started this workout which I will link and i'd like to know your opinions on whether or nto this is a good workout. I feel like it is and after doing the first two days am already exhausted. http://www.projectswole.com/printable/werewolf-muscle-log-3.htm

Just out of interest, how advanced a lifter were you when you started, and what are your current PRs on the big lifts (deadlift, squat, bench)? I don't know much, but that looks like a pretty advanced/bodybuilder workout rather than a beginner workout, so I'd guess how good it is would depend on how appropriate it is for you to be using it at the moment.


I do about 115 bench press and the same for squats, haven't been working out for that long but I started at 65 for bench press and closer to 80 for squats back in november

Kg or Lbs? 115kg bench sounds a bit big, but 115lb squat sounds a bit small so I'm not sure :p

The guy's 5'5" and 128lb. I highly doubt anyone could bench double their body weight in 4 months... lol

Haha, good point. Forgot to check that out :p In that case, something like SS would probably be a better program for general strength and bulking right? 4 months for a 52kg squat seems a bit slow. The workout 'Zapdos is currently doing is quite intensive with 5 days of gym a week, and quite a bit of isolation work as well as a fair amount of high rep low intensity sets. To me, SS seems more fitting if his goal is just general strength + bulking.


What is SS?

You can find the info you need in the general training sticky. Basically, starting strength (SS) is a workout plan designed for beginners which aims to get the biggest improvement in the shortest period of time. It focuses on compound lifts (lifts which use most of your muscles, rather than isolates which use only certain muscles), specifically: Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Overhead Press, and Cleans. You only gym three times a week, which is ideal since it allows your muscles to grow between sessions rather than being overworked.

Most people in this thread are using SS with great results. Personally, I've gone from never having touched a weight in my life to squating 1.4x BW, deadlifting 1.8x BW and Benching 1x BW in about 5 months. Lots of other people have see even more improvement.
Moderator
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
March 06 2012 18:43 GMT
#2125
Guys, i need new shoes for gym...what do you recommend?
I do squats, cleans, snatches, ohp, push press, jerk, deadlift, benchpress, hang cleans etc.
What do you recommend? I dont have anything good in Estonia so you can recommend internet shops :D

Today bad workout, left pants in home and did workout in jeans ...no leg workout so some random things, but bench press 80kg 3-5-3-2.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
March 06 2012 20:04 GMT
#2126
On March 07 2012 03:22 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 02:30 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 02:04 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 02:01 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:57 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:52 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:49 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 00:16 sJarl wrote:
This research job could be pretty insane. If all goes well I may have my name for the first time on a proper science article!

A huge bonus is that the cafeteria is awesome.

What is your research on? I might get an article published by the end of the year, depending on how lucky I am in obtaining a sample for my work.


It basicly involves mapping out the entire human metabolic pathway if I understood my mentor right and doing it such a manner that the data is easily accessible to others and on a computational form.

https://notendur.hi.is/rfleming/SummerStudentProject2012MetabolicCartography.pdf

This is the project description if you are interested. It is a really ambitious project and it's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

Ahh ok cool, that looks interesting. Is the research part of your degree, or just work?


It's just a summer programme for me but it really helps when I do the research project next year for my BS degreen in Medicine. It's a mandatory part when you study medicine in Iceland.

Oh I see. Sounds good. Getting a published article while still busy with your undergraduate degree is really nice


Yeah, it really is. What is your paper going to be about?

I'm examining the way in which the anchoring and adjustment heuristic (which is like a mental shortcut people use) systematically biases stock market decisions. If I get a sample of professional investors (something which is currently being worked on) the research should get published. On the other hand, if I have to rely on finance students, it will be good enough for my Masters, but it probably won't get published. A bit of a shitty situation since I had a proper sample organized before some things went awry, so now I have to see what I can find.

Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 02:51 `Zapdos wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:15 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:10 infinity21 wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:00 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:40 `Zapdos wrote:
On March 06 2012 06:33 Daigomi wrote:
On March 06 2012 05:56 `Zapdos wrote:
Zapdos
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 128(have gained 8 pounds since starting workint out in november) lbs
Starting Date: 3/04/2012 || Goal Date: 06/15/2012
Weight goals -- [Would like to be somewhere between 140-150 depending on how my body fills out]
Training goals -- [Going 5 times a week with one day of Neural activation training and one day off]
Nutrition goals -- [ Trying to get about 3000 caories a day and get protein supplements to help grow muscle]

Hey guys just started this routine but i've been working out off and on with varied success since november. I wanna put on some muscle since i'm a pretty short and scrawny guy and I never took the time to work out and fill out to. I started this workout which I will link and i'd like to know your opinions on whether or nto this is a good workout. I feel like it is and after doing the first two days am already exhausted. http://www.projectswole.com/printable/werewolf-muscle-log-3.htm

Just out of interest, how advanced a lifter were you when you started, and what are your current PRs on the big lifts (deadlift, squat, bench)? I don't know much, but that looks like a pretty advanced/bodybuilder workout rather than a beginner workout, so I'd guess how good it is would depend on how appropriate it is for you to be using it at the moment.


I do about 115 bench press and the same for squats, haven't been working out for that long but I started at 65 for bench press and closer to 80 for squats back in november

Kg or Lbs? 115kg bench sounds a bit big, but 115lb squat sounds a bit small so I'm not sure :p

The guy's 5'5" and 128lb. I highly doubt anyone could bench double their body weight in 4 months... lol

Haha, good point. Forgot to check that out :p In that case, something like SS would probably be a better program for general strength and bulking right? 4 months for a 52kg squat seems a bit slow. The workout 'Zapdos is currently doing is quite intensive with 5 days of gym a week, and quite a bit of isolation work as well as a fair amount of high rep low intensity sets. To me, SS seems more fitting if his goal is just general strength + bulking.


What is SS?

You can find the info you need in the general training sticky. Basically, starting strength (SS) is a workout plan designed for beginners which aims to get the biggest improvement in the shortest period of time. It focuses on compound lifts (lifts which use most of your muscles, rather than isolates which use only certain muscles), specifically: Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Overhead Press, and Cleans. You only gym three times a week, which is ideal since it allows your muscles to grow between sessions rather than being overworked.

Most people in this thread are using SS with great results. Personally, I've gone from never having touched a weight in my life to squating 1.4x BW, deadlifting 1.8x BW and Benching 1x BW in about 5 months. Lots of other people have see even more improvement.


Alright i'll check it out thanks for all your help sir I really appreciate it :D
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 06 2012 21:28 GMT
#2127
On March 07 2012 03:43 inimenesc wrote:
Guys, i need new shoes for gym...what do you recommend?
I do squats, cleans, snatches, ohp, push press, jerk, deadlift, benchpress, hang cleans etc.
What do you recommend? I dont have anything good in Estonia so you can recommend internet shops :D

Today bad workout, left pants in home and did workout in jeans ...no leg workout so some random things, but bench press 80kg 3-5-3-2.

I've been enjoying lifting in my vibram's but they aren't your conventional shoes. Getting the right fit can be tough though.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 06 2012 21:46 GMT
#2128
On March 07 2012 06:28 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 03:43 inimenesc wrote:
Guys, i need new shoes for gym...what do you recommend?
I do squats, cleans, snatches, ohp, push press, jerk, deadlift, benchpress, hang cleans etc.
What do you recommend? I dont have anything good in Estonia so you can recommend internet shops :D

Today bad workout, left pants in home and did workout in jeans ...no leg workout so some random things, but bench press 80kg 3-5-3-2.

I've been enjoying lifting in my vibram's but they aren't your conventional shoes. Getting the right fit can be tough though.



Just googled this. Do you mean shoes with toes?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 06 2012 21:48 GMT
#2129
On March 07 2012 06:46 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 06:28 mordek wrote:
On March 07 2012 03:43 inimenesc wrote:
Guys, i need new shoes for gym...what do you recommend?
I do squats, cleans, snatches, ohp, push press, jerk, deadlift, benchpress, hang cleans etc.
What do you recommend? I dont have anything good in Estonia so you can recommend internet shops :D

Today bad workout, left pants in home and did workout in jeans ...no leg workout so some random things, but bench press 80kg 3-5-3-2.

I've been enjoying lifting in my vibram's but they aren't your conventional shoes. Getting the right fit can be tough though.



Just googled this. Do you mean shoes with toes?

Yeah, fivefingers. Eshlow mentions them in his article about health issues involving shoes (and sitting too much).
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 06 2012 21:51 GMT
#2130
On March 07 2012 06:28 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 03:43 inimenesc wrote:
Guys, i need new shoes for gym...what do you recommend?
I do squats, cleans, snatches, ohp, push press, jerk, deadlift, benchpress, hang cleans etc.
What do you recommend? I dont have anything good in Estonia so you can recommend internet shops :D

Today bad workout, left pants in home and did workout in jeans ...no leg workout so some random things, but bench press 80kg 3-5-3-2.

I've been enjoying lifting in my vibram's but they aren't your conventional shoes. Getting the right fit can be tough though.


Get deadlift slippers for deadlift (or do it barefoot). Oly lifting shoes are good for everything else.
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
March 06 2012 23:54 GMT
#2131
Yay, love this thread, time to get myself sorted this year xD
Luppa <3
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 07 2012 01:31 GMT
#2132
Had one of the weirdest days I've had in the gym in a long time.

Almost failed fifth rep of 255 warmup on squat, then did 6reps ezpz @ 295, but reps 1 and 4 were the worst form I have had in months (hence sixth rep because fuck me I'm not accepting 5 with bad form). Then DESTROYED bench up to 210, then 240 went really easy until last two reps which I needed help on =[. Then clean form felt really really good, but only did 3 sets because I got super light headed and had to leave.

I have no idea what's up but I'm not upset with today at all. I should be back to my old squat numbers next week, but this time ATG with oly shoes instead of powerlifting style barefoot. And bench is going up again. Happy and frustrated at same time.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 07 2012 04:44 GMT
#2133
On March 07 2012 02:01 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 01:57 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:52 sJarl wrote:
On March 07 2012 01:49 Daigomi wrote:
On March 07 2012 00:16 sJarl wrote:
This research job could be pretty insane. If all goes well I may have my name for the first time on a proper science article!

A huge bonus is that the cafeteria is awesome.

What is your research on? I might get an article published by the end of the year, depending on how lucky I am in obtaining a sample for my work.


It basicly involves mapping out the entire human metabolic pathway if I understood my mentor right and doing it such a manner that the data is easily accessible to others and on a computational form.

https://notendur.hi.is/rfleming/SummerStudentProject2012MetabolicCartography.pdf

This is the project description if you are interested. It is a really ambitious project and it's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

Ahh ok cool, that looks interesting. Is the research part of your degree, or just work?


It's just a summer programme for me but it really helps when I do the research project next year for my BS degreen in Medicine. It's a mandatory part when you study medicine in Iceland.


Viking Doctor...


Imba
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
March 07 2012 04:47 GMT
#2134
Broken leg?! ...Useless now i'm afraid!... Son pass me my axe..

Viking doctor..
:))
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 07 2012 07:09 GMT
#2135
Remembered why I hate commercial gyms this week. Went to a cross fit yesterday only to observe an absolute abomination of technique across the board. The only competent person there told me was going to quit. But that was still light years betterr than the power house I went to. Of the fournpeople there, one benched 95 pounds to failure without a spotter..multiple times. He would just fail and then let the weight slide off even when I tried to help him. The other three did variations of isolation curls about a foot away from the mirror than left.
Anyways, yesterday after taking five days off to go to the Arnold classic:
Cj up to 275 for a few singles, then snatch up to 255 for a few. Did aot of reps on the way though working on technique
Today:
Bs 4x3 at 365
Fs singles up to 315
Push press triples up to 195
Light techniqu work cause no bumper plates.
Time to start squatting more after spring break. Might even incorporate some benching to add a bit of size up top.

On the Arnold:
Didn't get to catch any of the mens lifts (shitty timetable by usaw IMO) but what I saw from the women was pretty awful. There were a few very talented and skilled litfters but overall it blew me away how many were able to power snatch/clean their way to nationals and even the Olympic qualifiers (both spots went to super heavy weights that couldn't even come close to snatching their bodyweight). No wonder were so far behind the rest of the world. On the bright side got to meet dim sum who's a pretty cool dude, didn't get to catch his lifts though. Also saw some powerlifting and strongman events, pretty impressive stuff from some of the strongest men in the world. Got a month or two supply of supplements from free samples from vendor booths too
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 07 2012 08:15 GMT
#2136
On March 07 2012 16:09 decafchicken wrote:
Remembered why I hate commercial gyms this week. Went to a cross fit yesterday only to observe an absolute abomination of technique across the board. The only competent person there told me was going to quit. But that was still light years betterr than the power house I went to. Of the fournpeople there, one benched 95 pounds to failure without a spotter..multiple times. He would just fail and then let the weight slide off even when I tried to help him. The other three did variations of isolation curls about a foot away from the mirror than left.
Anyways, yesterday after taking five days off to go to the Arnold classic:
Cj up to 275 for a few singles, then snatch up to 255 for a few. Did aot of reps on the way though working on technique
Today:
Bs 4x3 at 365
Fs singles up to 315
Push press triples up to 195
Light techniqu work cause no bumper plates.
Time to start squatting more after spring break. Might even incorporate some benching to add a bit of size up top.

On the Arnold:
Didn't get to catch any of the mens lifts (shitty timetable by usaw IMO) but what I saw from the women was pretty awful. There were a few very talented and skilled litfters but overall it blew me away how many were able to power snatch/clean their way to nationals and even the Olympic qualifiers (both spots went to super heavy weights that couldn't even come close to snatching their bodyweight). No wonder were so far behind the rest of the world. On the bright side got to meet dim sum who's a pretty cool dude, didn't get to catch his lifts though. Also saw some powerlifting and strongman events, pretty impressive stuff from some of the strongest men in the world. Got a month or two supply of supplements from free samples from vendor booths too
You're an Ultralisk of a man, why didn't you compete?!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 07 2012 08:38 GMT
#2137
First day back in the gym since I got sick. Turns out I'd lost another kg during my bout with the flu. Guessing most of that was muscle though, felt pretty weak, had to deload 10kg from previous max in squat, bench and dead. Still, I'm back, gonna get back on the grind and build my way up again.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 08:49:02
March 07 2012 08:48 GMT
#2138
Just finished the Volume-Phase of Korte 3x3. Over the last four weeks I did (each workout three times, 12wokouts in total):
1125,kg: 8sets of five
116kg: 8sets of five
120kg: 8sets of five
123,5kg: 8sets of five

So basically a shitton of volume, but not as cruel as Smolov I think. For what it is worth, I feel it had a pretty nice hypertrophy effect on my quads. Now I take five days off to let my nagging hip-injury heal, and then I will go into the intensity phase and hopefully see some good results.

I will have surgery to remove the ganglion on my wrist on march 28th, with general anaesthesia. Hopefully I won't be out for too long, but the procedure itself is pretty easy, the anaesthesia is just a safety-thing, if they cut an important artery at my wrist, they probably don't want to deal with a wide awake patient.

But afterwards I hopefully will be able to do cleans, presses and bodyweight exercises without all the reoccuring pain in my wrist.

This weekend I am visiting my parents, and I am gonna feast
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 07 2012 09:03 GMT
#2139
On March 07 2012 17:48 Malinor wrote:
Just finished the Volume-Phase of Korte 3x3. Over the last four weeks I did (each workout three times, 12wokouts in total):
1125,kg: 8sets of five
116kg: 8sets of five
120kg: 8sets of five
123,5kg: 8sets of five

So basically a shitton of volume, but not as cruel as Smolov I think. For what it is worth, I feel it had a pretty nice hypertrophy effect on my quads. Now I take five days off to let my nagging hip-injury heal, and then I will go into the intensity phase and hopefully see some good results.

I will have surgery to remove the ganglion on my wrist on march 28th, with general anaesthesia. Hopefully I won't be out for too long, but the procedure itself is pretty easy, the anaesthesia is just a safety-thing, if they cut an important artery at my wrist, they probably don't want to deal with a wide awake patient.

But afterwards I hopefully will be able to do cleans, presses and bodyweight exercises without all the reoccuring pain in my wrist.

This weekend I am visiting my parents, and I am gonna feast
The general anaesthesia is understandable, with your strength if you were awake and thrashing around it'd take titanium straps throughout the body with super glue underneath .I pray that they don't fuck up like cut on the artery, the knife would splinter from the inside out when it collides with the beastly deadlifts your artery supports.

Enjoy your feast, going to need every ounce of calories that come from it for your new workout regime!


MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 09:15:17
March 07 2012 09:15 GMT
#2140
lol I can't sleep 6 hours straight for shit,I keep waking up in the middle of the night after 3 hours, and then I get 2 more hors of sleep before I wake up again (and its 6am so I can't sleep again cause I need to wake up at 7).

Other than that training is great. I've split squat and benches so I can spend less than 3 hours in the gym -.- (squat 3x week, bench 4x week, so only 1 day overlap).

Squat: 152.5x5x5

Also picked up the habit of grunting/yelling on last squat of last set, I can't do that at uni I think lol. It just comes from the bottom of my heart and gives me strength.

Only bad thing is I have 4 uni parties in the upcoming weeks (which start at noon and everyone gets thrash) and I need to work my way around training with that inbetween. I'm sure not many people do smolov and get drunk :D.

Got fish oil pills, still waiting for someone to tell me how many to take, got 3 last night and my knee ache is gone overnight. Placebo effect ftw. (posted on the Q y A thread).
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.