• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 105

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 379 Next
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 05 2012 21:33 GMT
#2081
On March 06 2012 05:56 `Zapdos wrote:
Zapdos
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 128(have gained 8 pounds since starting workint out in november) lbs
Starting Date: 3/04/2012 || Goal Date: 06/15/2012
Weight goals -- [Would like to be somewhere between 140-150 depending on how my body fills out]
Training goals -- [Going 5 times a week with one day of Neural activation training and one day off]
Nutrition goals -- [ Trying to get about 3000 caories a day and get protein supplements to help grow muscle]

Hey guys just started this routine but i've been working out off and on with varied success since november. I wanna put on some muscle since i'm a pretty short and scrawny guy and I never took the time to work out and fill out to. I started this workout which I will link and i'd like to know your opinions on whether or nto this is a good workout. I feel like it is and after doing the first two days am already exhausted. http://www.projectswole.com/printable/werewolf-muscle-log-3.htm

Just out of interest, how advanced a lifter were you when you started, and what are your current PRs on the big lifts (deadlift, squat, bench)? I don't know much, but that looks like a pretty advanced/bodybuilder workout rather than a beginner workout, so I'd guess how good it is would depend on how appropriate it is for you to be using it at the moment.
Moderator
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 05 2012 22:24 GMT
#2082
On March 06 2012 05:17 kakaman wrote:
Anyone have lower back pain from back squats? I've been getting a sore lower back, no sharp pain, but a dull pain. I'm a little worried it's a herniated disk, anyone else have this problem?

Let eshlow guide your way:
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/
Official Entusman #21
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 05 2012 22:45 GMT
#2083
They told me my university is holding a bench press championship on october (aniversary week). Free prizes, awwwww yeah. Can't wait to get drunk and tell every chick I won that lol.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
March 05 2012 23:50 GMT
#2084
Wow GoTunk! don't beat the competition too hard now Mr.National Champ.

Today in the gym, I was on my 6th set of power snatches and getting lazy, I somehow convinced myself it'd be okay to skip the set and move on to clean and jerks, then I see a guy who looks like he's roughly 190-200 pounds squatting body weight. Nothing special right? Then his pant leg rides up his shin and I see a prosthetic. No slacking by MeShiet occurred today.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 06 2012 01:47 GMT
#2085
On March 06 2012 06:13 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 05:17 kakaman wrote:
Anyone have lower back pain from back squats? I've been getting a sore lower back, no sharp pain, but a dull pain. I'm a little worried it's a herniated disk, anyone else have this problem?


I do, but its kinda just between/after squatting. I'm sure its just too much squatting (smolov) and it will dissapear on a week or so. You experience may differ.


I never got "pain" when I did the intro cycle, I did get some tightness in my knees though... and the Wednesday workout (the 5x7) gave me the most AWFUL pump in my lower back, couldn't lay down comfortably for hours afterwards. There's a point where a pump goes from being "oh hell yeah I worked hard" and Becomes "Oh shit I worked too hard". 5x7 with 85% 1rm seems to be that point for me =p.

@Meshiet, I knew that if I came into this thread not wanting to lift today, someone would inspire me to man the fuck up and do it anyway. This time it happened on the first post I read. TL HF Hwaiting.
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 06 2012 01:47 GMT
#2086
I forgot the time but, is it a 1 week break every 3/4 months?
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
March 06 2012 01:53 GMT
#2087
Seen a guy at the gym today wearing a blue basketball jersey that said "Dim Sum" on the back of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
B-Roll
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States403 Posts
March 06 2012 02:03 GMT
#2088
Thank you everyone for your Posts on my issue, still going to be working as hard as ever new me in 2013!
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
March 06 2012 03:13 GMT
#2089
Pain, suffering, general discomfort...

Had to do grandpa walk up the stairs tonight. Up 15 lbs on squat over the past week, and it's awesome don't get me wrong, but after working out I feel like I have to walk using only my calves and I break out in laughter randomly >.> <.<

This happen to anyone else when they're really sore?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 06 2012 03:16 GMT
#2090
On March 06 2012 12:13 Risen wrote:
Pain, suffering, general discomfort...

Had to do grandpa walk up the stairs tonight. Up 15 lbs on squat over the past week, and it's awesome don't get me wrong, but after working out I feel like I have to walk using only my calves and I break out in laughter randomly >.> <.<

This happen to anyone else when they're really sore?
Yeah. Personally I love pain so I seek these things lol, I can imagine it to be difficult for other people but soreness can be a constant reminder that you're doing something right. I'd rather push my body to its limits then perform well under it.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 06 2012 03:25 GMT
#2091
125kg x 3 x 5 squat
65kg x 4 x 3 PowerClean
75kg x 1 x 3 Powerclean
Doubles of C&J: 60kg x 2, 65kg x 2, 70kg x 2, 75kg x 2, 80kg x 2 .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 06 2012 04:28 GMT
#2092
On March 06 2012 12:13 Risen wrote:
Pain, suffering, general discomfort...

Had to do grandpa walk up the stairs tonight. Up 15 lbs on squat over the past week, and it's awesome don't get me wrong, but after working out I feel like I have to walk using only my calves and I break out in laughter randomly >.> <.<

This happen to anyone else when they're really sore?


Not that soreness is completely avoidable, but if you are consistently having debilitating soreness you're probably not eating/sleeping enough.

If you've just had a string of particularly balls out sessions then it's normal, but if that's your everyday life after a workout consider upping your protein intake and getting to sleep earlier.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 06 2012 06:33 GMT
#2093
Ugh squats are becoming brutal

Squat: 350lbs - 4-1-0
Decline Bench: 155lbs - 5-5-5
// chin ups: 8-5-3

Had this sharp burning pain in my lower back after squatting. Probably my lower back rounding and extending at the bottom of the squat... Really considering resetting here
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 06 2012 06:40 GMT
#2094
On March 06 2012 15:33 thedeadhaji wrote:
Ugh squats are becoming brutal

Squat: 350lbs - 4-1-0
Decline Bench: 155lbs - 5-5-5
// chin ups: 8-5-3

Had this sharp burning pain in my lower back after squatting. Probably my lower back rounding and extending at the bottom of the squat... Really considering resetting here
Did you even attempt a rep on the last set or did the bar snap cleanly in half on your mighty back?
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
March 06 2012 06:40 GMT
#2095
On March 06 2012 06:33 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 05:56 `Zapdos wrote:
Zapdos
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 128(have gained 8 pounds since starting workint out in november) lbs
Starting Date: 3/04/2012 || Goal Date: 06/15/2012
Weight goals -- [Would like to be somewhere between 140-150 depending on how my body fills out]
Training goals -- [Going 5 times a week with one day of Neural activation training and one day off]
Nutrition goals -- [ Trying to get about 3000 caories a day and get protein supplements to help grow muscle]

Hey guys just started this routine but i've been working out off and on with varied success since november. I wanna put on some muscle since i'm a pretty short and scrawny guy and I never took the time to work out and fill out to. I started this workout which I will link and i'd like to know your opinions on whether or nto this is a good workout. I feel like it is and after doing the first two days am already exhausted. http://www.projectswole.com/printable/werewolf-muscle-log-3.htm

Just out of interest, how advanced a lifter were you when you started, and what are your current PRs on the big lifts (deadlift, squat, bench)? I don't know much, but that looks like a pretty advanced/bodybuilder workout rather than a beginner workout, so I'd guess how good it is would depend on how appropriate it is for you to be using it at the moment.


I do about 115 bench press and the same for squats, haven't been working out for that long but I started at 65 for bench press and closer to 80 for squats back in november
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 06 2012 06:55 GMT
#2096
Well done haji! Even if you reset well done.

Squat is now at 1.5 bodyweight for me :D
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 07:02:08
March 06 2012 07:01 GMT
#2097
On March 06 2012 15:40 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 15:33 thedeadhaji wrote:
Ugh squats are becoming brutal

Squat: 350lbs - 4-1-0
Decline Bench: 155lbs - 5-5-5
// chin ups: 8-5-3

Had this sharp burning pain in my lower back after squatting. Probably my lower back rounding and extending at the bottom of the squat... Really considering resetting here
Did you even attempt a rep on the last set or did the bar snap cleanly in half on your mighty back?


Did 3 reps but I was nowhere near parallel so they don't count X_X

Thanks Frodac
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 06 2012 07:08 GMT
#2098
On March 06 2012 16:01 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 15:40 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:33 thedeadhaji wrote:
Ugh squats are becoming brutal

Squat: 350lbs - 4-1-0
Decline Bench: 155lbs - 5-5-5
// chin ups: 8-5-3

Had this sharp burning pain in my lower back after squatting. Probably my lower back rounding and extending at the bottom of the squat... Really considering resetting here
Did you even attempt a rep on the last set or did the bar snap cleanly in half on your mighty back?


Did 3 reps but I was nowhere near parallel so they don't count X_X

Thanks Frodac
Well, at least your honest with yourself.

Sharp pain is never a good thing, perhaps you should deload 10% or something. If your back blows up me gusta sad.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 07:33:14
March 06 2012 07:32 GMT
#2099
On March 06 2012 16:08 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 16:01 thedeadhaji wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:40 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:33 thedeadhaji wrote:
Ugh squats are becoming brutal

Squat: 350lbs - 4-1-0
Decline Bench: 155lbs - 5-5-5
// chin ups: 8-5-3

Had this sharp burning pain in my lower back after squatting. Probably my lower back rounding and extending at the bottom of the squat... Really considering resetting here
Did you even attempt a rep on the last set or did the bar snap cleanly in half on your mighty back?


Did 3 reps but I was nowhere near parallel so they don't count X_X

Thanks Frodac
Well, at least your honest with yourself.

Sharp pain is never a good thing, perhaps you should deload 10% or something. If your back blows up me gusta sad.


Yup I think I'll deload to somewhere around 300-315lbs

After this round of SS, I might just move onto 5x5 or smth. I've been doing SS on and off for 2.5 years now (injuries, laziness, etc have induced several breaks during that time tho)
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
March 06 2012 07:42 GMT
#2100
On March 06 2012 16:32 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 16:08 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On March 06 2012 16:01 thedeadhaji wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:40 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On March 06 2012 15:33 thedeadhaji wrote:
Ugh squats are becoming brutal

Squat: 350lbs - 4-1-0
Decline Bench: 155lbs - 5-5-5
// chin ups: 8-5-3

Had this sharp burning pain in my lower back after squatting. Probably my lower back rounding and extending at the bottom of the squat... Really considering resetting here
Did you even attempt a rep on the last set or did the bar snap cleanly in half on your mighty back?


Did 3 reps but I was nowhere near parallel so they don't count X_X

Thanks Frodac
Well, at least your honest with yourself.

Sharp pain is never a good thing, perhaps you should deload 10% or something. If your back blows up me gusta sad.


Yup I think I'll deload to somewhere around 300-315lbs

After this round of SS, I might just move onto 5x5 or smth. I've been doing SS on and off for 2.5 years now (injuries, laziness, etc have induced several breaks during that time tho)
It's about time you switched haha, what you do next really depends on your goals imo.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever507
League of Legends
Doublelift4428
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1693
• imaqtpie1005
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 2m
Patches Events
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 2m
OSC
23h 2m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.