• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7360 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 545

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 543 544 545 546 547 730 Next
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 02 2011 20:37 GMT
#10881
Get hold of that NBA player who was streaming sc2 lol
Official Entusman #21
InfC.AnatoLiy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States154 Posts
September 02 2011 21:26 GMT
#10882
On September 02 2011 21:05 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 13:59 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
Started a diet almost three weeks ago, August 15th or 16th. Avoided all types of soda and fast food. Ate things like:

    +Eggs (sometimes raw, sometimes fried). I keep in mind the yolk cholesterol issue and remove yolk or don't eat it if I couldn't remove it. Sometimes I mix raw egg with cottage cheese too.

    +Cottage cheese. Low fat one, sometimes amish cottage cheese.

    +Mixed grain bread, no other types of bread. Has a lot of fiber and protein.

    +Low fat yogurt.

    +Salmon fillets fried, non-breaded.

    +Chicken Tender loins fried, non-breaded.

    +Grapefruit (usually for breakfast).

    +Orange Juice.

    +LOTS of water.

    +Special type of low fat, high protein peanut butter.

    +No fat (blue) milk.

    +Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and leeks.

    +Soup occasionally.


Dropped from 222 to 213 but have been doing anaerobic workouts so some muscle mass may have been gained hindering absolute weight loss results. Either way, shorts are feeling looser. Goal is to eventually start running around my local golf course and eventually go down to 195 before the end of September.


IMO...

Drop the bread. Calorie dense sugar. Grain and nut proteins are not bioavailable much.
Eat full fat yogurt and milk, just cut back portions to limit kcals.
Cut the orange juice. Useless sugar.
Eat more vegetables and fruits. More fiber than grains.
Eat more meat. More protein than grains.

Good job so far... diet could use some tweaks



Bread is my highest source of carbs usually though. What should I substitute it with?
Full fat yogurt/milk has saturated fat though which I thought was a big no-no.
What would be a healthier drink instead of OJ? Should I just juice a couple oranges?
I usually eat like 2-3 cucumbers, 2-3 tomatoes and 3-6 leeks a day. Also the mixed grain bread gives quite a bit of fiber. If I eat more fiber than I'm going to be shitting ice cream soft turds.
I usually consume ~180-220g of protein/day.
Twitch.tv/D3AnatoLiy
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 22:01:31
September 02 2011 21:35 GMT
#10883
On September 03 2011 06:26 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 21:05 eshlow wrote:
On September 02 2011 13:59 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
Started a diet almost three weeks ago, August 15th or 16th. Avoided all types of soda and fast food. Ate things like:

    +Eggs (sometimes raw, sometimes fried). I keep in mind the yolk cholesterol issue and remove yolk or don't eat it if I couldn't remove it. Sometimes I mix raw egg with cottage cheese too.

    +Cottage cheese. Low fat one, sometimes amish cottage cheese.

    +Mixed grain bread, no other types of bread. Has a lot of fiber and protein.

    +Low fat yogurt.

    +Salmon fillets fried, non-breaded.

    +Chicken Tender loins fried, non-breaded.

    +Grapefruit (usually for breakfast).

    +Orange Juice.

    +LOTS of water.

    +Special type of low fat, high protein peanut butter.

    +No fat (blue) milk.

    +Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and leeks.

    +Soup occasionally.


Dropped from 222 to 213 but have been doing anaerobic workouts so some muscle mass may have been gained hindering absolute weight loss results. Either way, shorts are feeling looser. Goal is to eventually start running around my local golf course and eventually go down to 195 before the end of September.


IMO...

Drop the bread. Calorie dense sugar. Grain and nut proteins are not bioavailable much.
Eat full fat yogurt and milk, just cut back portions to limit kcals.
Cut the orange juice. Useless sugar.
Eat more vegetables and fruits. More fiber than grains.
Eat more meat. More protein than grains.

Good job so far... diet could use some tweaks



Bread is my highest source of carbs usually though. What should I substitute it with?
Full fat yogurt/milk has saturated fat though which I thought was a big no-no.
What would be a healthier drink instead of OJ? Should I just juice a couple oranges?
I usually eat like 2-3 cucumbers, 2-3 tomatoes and 3-6 leeks a day. Also the mixed grain bread gives quite a bit of fiber. If I eat more fiber than I'm going to be shitting ice cream soft turds.
I usually consume ~180-220g of protein/day.


If you're trying to lose weight you want to cut out the extra carbs. Bread is calorie dense carbohydrates. So are juices.

Full fat milk and yogurt are healthy. See my posts at the bottom of the OP in the spoilers. Generally speaking, I wouldn't drink milk when trying to lose weight though.

Fruits and vegetables are enough fiber for quality bowel movements. You don't need grains. Fruits are a decent replacement for orange juice.

I would add in some healthy fats like avocdoes, coconut, maybe some nuts.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
September 02 2011 21:58 GMT
#10884
On September 03 2011 06:26 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 21:05 eshlow wrote:
On September 02 2011 13:59 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
Started a diet almost three weeks ago, August 15th or 16th. Avoided all types of soda and fast food. Ate things like:

    +Eggs (sometimes raw, sometimes fried). I keep in mind the yolk cholesterol issue and remove yolk or don't eat it if I couldn't remove it. Sometimes I mix raw egg with cottage cheese too.

    +Cottage cheese. Low fat one, sometimes amish cottage cheese.

    +Mixed grain bread, no other types of bread. Has a lot of fiber and protein.

    +Low fat yogurt.

    +Salmon fillets fried, non-breaded.

    +Chicken Tender loins fried, non-breaded.

    +Grapefruit (usually for breakfast).

    +Orange Juice.

    +LOTS of water.

    +Special type of low fat, high protein peanut butter.

    +No fat (blue) milk.

    +Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and leeks.

    +Soup occasionally.


Dropped from 222 to 213 but have been doing anaerobic workouts so some muscle mass may have been gained hindering absolute weight loss results. Either way, shorts are feeling looser. Goal is to eventually start running around my local golf course and eventually go down to 195 before the end of September.


IMO...

Drop the bread. Calorie dense sugar. Grain and nut proteins are not bioavailable much.
Eat full fat yogurt and milk, just cut back portions to limit kcals.
Cut the orange juice. Useless sugar.
Eat more vegetables and fruits. More fiber than grains.
Eat more meat. More protein than grains.

Good job so far... diet could use some tweaks



Bread is my highest source of carbs usually though. What should I substitute it with?
Full fat yogurt/milk has saturated fat though which I thought was a big no-no.
What would be a healthier drink instead of OJ? Should I just juice a couple oranges?
I usually eat like 2-3 cucumbers, 2-3 tomatoes and 3-6 leeks a day. Also the mixed grain bread gives quite a bit of fiber. If I eat more fiber than I'm going to be shitting ice cream soft turds.
I usually consume ~180-220g of protein/day.


Props to you for beginning the dieting effort. it looks like you've already started some good progress. I have two comments:

1) Listen to Eshlow. He's a very knowledgable guy on the subject of nutrition. I can see that you have some outdated notions about nutrition, and he can help you sort those out. Better yet, you can just look through his OP to find some good links on a proper diet. That will help to educate you on what foods are good and bad.
2) Drop the juice. It's basically liquid sugar, which is an easy easy way to pack on the calories without noticing. From my personal experience, I started to drop the pounds pretty quickly when I stopped drinking juice and soda. Just drink water, or maybe milk.
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
September 02 2011 22:11 GMT
#10885
On September 03 2011 06:58 Slithe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 06:26 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
On September 02 2011 21:05 eshlow wrote:
On September 02 2011 13:59 InfC.AnatoLiy wrote:
Started a diet almost three weeks ago, August 15th or 16th. Avoided all types of soda and fast food. Ate things like:

    +Eggs (sometimes raw, sometimes fried). I keep in mind the yolk cholesterol issue and remove yolk or don't eat it if I couldn't remove it. Sometimes I mix raw egg with cottage cheese too.

    +Cottage cheese. Low fat one, sometimes amish cottage cheese.

    +Mixed grain bread, no other types of bread. Has a lot of fiber and protein.

    +Low fat yogurt.

    +Salmon fillets fried, non-breaded.

    +Chicken Tender loins fried, non-breaded.

    +Grapefruit (usually for breakfast).

    +Orange Juice.

    +LOTS of water.

    +Special type of low fat, high protein peanut butter.

    +No fat (blue) milk.

    +Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and leeks.

    +Soup occasionally.


Dropped from 222 to 213 but have been doing anaerobic workouts so some muscle mass may have been gained hindering absolute weight loss results. Either way, shorts are feeling looser. Goal is to eventually start running around my local golf course and eventually go down to 195 before the end of September.


IMO...

Drop the bread. Calorie dense sugar. Grain and nut proteins are not bioavailable much.
Eat full fat yogurt and milk, just cut back portions to limit kcals.
Cut the orange juice. Useless sugar.
Eat more vegetables and fruits. More fiber than grains.
Eat more meat. More protein than grains.

Good job so far... diet could use some tweaks



Bread is my highest source of carbs usually though. What should I substitute it with?
Full fat yogurt/milk has saturated fat though which I thought was a big no-no.
What would be a healthier drink instead of OJ? Should I just juice a couple oranges?
I usually eat like 2-3 cucumbers, 2-3 tomatoes and 3-6 leeks a day. Also the mixed grain bread gives quite a bit of fiber. If I eat more fiber than I'm going to be shitting ice cream soft turds.
I usually consume ~180-220g of protein/day.


Props to you for beginning the dieting effort. it looks like you've already started some good progress. I have two comments:

1) Listen to Eshlow. He's a very knowledgable guy on the subject of nutrition. I can see that you have some outdated notions about nutrition, and he can help you sort those out. Better yet, you can just look through his OP to find some good links on a proper diet. That will help to educate you on what foods are good and bad.
2) Drop the juice. It's basically liquid sugar, which is an easy easy way to pack on the calories without noticing. From my personal experience, I started to drop the pounds pretty quickly when I stopped drinking juice and soda. Just drink water, or maybe milk.


No milk. It's like 140 calories for just 8 ounces of liquid. Milk is for bulking, water is for cutting.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 22:43:37
September 02 2011 22:40 GMT
#10886
Jump Robe is awesome, initially wanted to do it as a warm-up instead of stupid cardio-machines, but at my weight this is closer to HIIT than warm-up, so yeah. PR 118reps in a row today, and learned this thing today where you swing the robe in front of you several times and then jump back into it. Serves no really purpose that I know of besides that it looks cool, which is definitely enough purpose for me. I am slowly building up my reportoire. Did jump robe for 30 minutes, the last 2-3 minutes without a break and as challenging as possible, heart rate was at 176 minimum (44beats in 15secs) afterwards, good stuff.

Also did 20 minutes of Power Clean technique training with the bar only. For some fucking reason, PCs always find a way to escape my regular workouts: injury, fatigue, bruises all over (because I don't fucking catch the bar, but let it 'fly' on my shoulders, which hurts. Hence the technic training), it's stupid. By now I am pretty sure that I lack the necessary flexibility for the 'right' starting position. Everything looks good when I have the bar right under my knees, but as soon as I bend my hips to get the bar to the ground, my back rounds and my back angle suffers, and it becomes a impossible to maintain a good position without it being majorly uncomfortable. Maybe I just need to lose additional 10-15kg so that there is not so much fat in the way... I hopefully will know more about this in 2 months time. Also focussed on diving under the bar instead of triple-extension, and holding closer onto the bar.

My giant self-made 2600 kcal potato-salade which is all what I am eating today (I should take a photo sometime, I am very proud of it^^) consists only of 19% protein which is not good. I guess next time I have to mix in a couple of chicken breasts.

This is my today's effort to make this thread less about weightlifting (don't complain about the PC-section please)
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
September 03 2011 00:06 GMT
#10887
Oh boy, first workout of September. Everything's making progress but ever so slowly. The press should be higher than that but I took a week off in the middle of August to let an injury heal and had to work my way back up from 85 pounds. I feel like my hip muscles (particularly both my right and left illial psoas) are limiting both my front and back squats but a lot, they're usually in quite a bit of pain after a heavy set but will heal and quite quickly. Is there a way of strengthening just those muscles? I do stretch, massage and foam roll them in preparation for any kind of squatting and it does help. As usual though, thanks for just being here to all those who constantly give help and advice. I swear I'll get pics up when it becomes mandatory =p

July 23, 2011 - Today (all in pounds)
Body weight: 145 - 150
Bench:150 (4RM) - 155 (4RM)
Deadlift: 195 (5RM) - 235 (2RM)
Squat: 150 (3RM) - 170 (1RM)
Clean and jerk: 140(1RM) - same (was training power before, only switched to full clean recently)
Press: 100 (3RM) - 100 (5RM)


If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 03 2011 00:15 GMT
#10888
I noticed today that I was having a hell of a time with my shoulders on my deadlifts - it almost felt like a "ripping" right across the front Delt. Didn't have any problems with it when I backed off the weight for speed deads, or when I was doing rows... I wonder if I was just over stressing them?
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 01:08:40
September 03 2011 01:07 GMT
#10889
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 03 2011 01:32 GMT
#10890
On September 03 2011 10:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.


U will be amazed how your lifts will improve just from eating a lot.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 03 2011 01:34 GMT
#10891
On September 03 2011 10:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 10:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.


U will be amazed how your lifts will improve just from eating a lot.

True. The more I eat the more I lift.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 03 2011 01:37 GMT
#10892
Squat Day 1: 224x5x5
Squat Day 2: 264x3x5

Heaviest I've squatted since my injury, I was kinda scared but everything went well. Tomorrow is my heavy deadlift day and I'll try 165kg deadlift x2x3.

After my deadlifts i'm play BW ISL2, so tune in and support me :d (they might stream my games)
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 01:39:29
September 03 2011 01:37 GMT
#10893
On September 03 2011 10:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 10:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.


U will be amazed how your lifts will improve just from eating a lot.


While doing SS should I go with the mentality I want to get a little bit chubby? Because before if see a little bit fat on me... I think to myself "OMG im eating too much". I don't know, I always looked at the chubby muscular people somewhat poorly, but it may be the approach.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 03 2011 01:50 GMT
#10894
On September 03 2011 10:37 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 10:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
On September 03 2011 10:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.


U will be amazed how your lifts will improve just from eating a lot.


While doing SS should I go with the mentality I want to get a little bit chubby? Because before if see a little bit fat on me... I think to myself "OMG im eating too much". I don't know, I always looked at the chubby muscular people somewhat poorly, but it may be the approach.


Depends on your goals. If you want to lift absolutely as much as possible, yeah, you'll probably end up eating a little too much. If you want your numbers to go up, but also look good, just scale it back a bit.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
September 03 2011 01:52 GMT
#10895
On September 03 2011 10:50 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 10:37 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On September 03 2011 10:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
On September 03 2011 10:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.


U will be amazed how your lifts will improve just from eating a lot.


While doing SS should I go with the mentality I want to get a little bit chubby? Because before if see a little bit fat on me... I think to myself "OMG im eating too much". I don't know, I always looked at the chubby muscular people somewhat poorly, but it may be the approach.


Depends on your goals. If you want to lift absolutely as much as possible, yeah, you'll probably end up eating a little too much. If you want your numbers to go up, but also look good, just scale it back a bit.


What do you think of the idea of a 4 month SS program eating a lot, and then cut down my diet? Doing SS for 6 months or 4 months eating a lot, then 2 months throwing it off, what do you think would yield better results?
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 02:21:31
September 03 2011 02:15 GMT
#10896
That is probably just genetics, I never got fat when I used stronglifts, but I also didnt try to bulk...

gl gotunk!

I just started playing bw again. Does anyone else play here?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
September 03 2011 02:59 GMT
#10897
Sup guys.
i will starting a new bodyweight program from wednesday. It will involve pullups, dips, HIIT and hanging leg raises.
A few questions-
For the pullup how high do i have to go? and am i supposed to arch my back?
and in what order should do these excercises? or does it not matter?
i was think of maybe dips or pullups then leg raises then pullups or dips.
AND for these exercises should i be improving every workout? and assuming i eat well how much can i expect? since i would like to know so i can set a decent goal for about 3-4months into the future.

i will try posting 3 times a week and i will make a proper formatted goal sheet on thursday/friday

i hope to start SS when i am older or when i get access to a gym, as right now i have no access to a proper gym.

Ps- all those nutritional studies posted a few pages before make my head hurt.
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
September 03 2011 03:24 GMT
#10898
On September 03 2011 10:52 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 10:50 phyre112 wrote:
On September 03 2011 10:37 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On September 03 2011 10:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
On September 03 2011 10:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I'm giving something new a shot. Before I was eating 2.5k calories~ a day and not making any progress weight gains, well I lost the ever so tiny layer of fat I had.

So what I am going to try is eat 4k calories for a two weeks. I am fine with putting on a little bit of fat, but I want to see if it'll make the numbers I lift go up faster. I'm not going to be changing my diet much, and in the worst case I'll gain 5lbs-15lbs of fat in those two weeks that I should be able to take off pretty quickly. I'm going to be sticking to 3 meals and adding some snacking fruit/cheese. I'll be posting how results go.

Yesterday I used 4 big eggs for scrambled eggs, 3 kebabs(chicken, baloney, onion) for pre lunch + 100g on white chicken meat, 4pm meal was one medium pizza, and dinner was a huge plate of spagetti. Not to mention tons of things to snack on inbetween + milk. Today hasn't been much different, and now off to eat a big bowl of lean beef w/ rice noodles.


U will be amazed how your lifts will improve just from eating a lot.


While doing SS should I go with the mentality I want to get a little bit chubby? Because before if see a little bit fat on me... I think to myself "OMG im eating too much". I don't know, I always looked at the chubby muscular people somewhat poorly, but it may be the approach.


Depends on your goals. If you want to lift absolutely as much as possible, yeah, you'll probably end up eating a little too much. If you want your numbers to go up, but also look good, just scale it back a bit.


What do you think of the idea of a 4 month SS program eating a lot, and then cut down my diet? Doing SS for 6 months or 4 months eating a lot, then 2 months throwing it off, what do you think would yield better results?


You can still do SS while cutting, your lifts just won't go up much if at all during that time. Eating a lot for 6 months will give you the highest lift numbers; eating a lot for 4 months and cutting for 2 will give you a better bodyfat percentage and physique.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 03 2011 04:47 GMT
#10899
Question: which of the SS exercises involve the forearm? Because I they are still tiny, even though the rest of my body has grown significantly.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
September 03 2011 05:06 GMT
#10900
On September 03 2011 13:47 Froadac wrote:
Question: which of the SS exercises involve the forearm? Because I they are still tiny, even though the rest of my body has grown significantly.


Just switch hands every so often when practicing autoeroticism.
Prev 1 543 544 545 546 547 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.