• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8652 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 544

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 542 543 544 545 546 730 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 15:31:46
September 02 2011 15:17 GMT
#10861
I think I might start doing cleans and front squats before I run; front squat I sometimes do after back squats, and its obviously compromised. Power cleans (and i'd like to work on full cleans) seem very limited by me doing heavy deads before them. I don't have the explosiveness that I feel I could. As long as I eat well, and get my eight hours of sleep I feel very recovered and am itching to work out on my off days... i feel more alert and awake on days that i lift,and i cant give that up! I think I'll throw in these exercises before I run. At least technique and flexibility work.

Also, I want dimsum's gym. Anyone here who performs a deadlift over 40kg seems to think that it requires bumper plates to do so; there's only ONE oly platform in the whole place.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 02 2011 15:23 GMT
#10862
Anyone have a way to consume creatine in a passable fashion? It was threatening to come straight back up

Also, jumped my squat from 120 lbs to 135 cause I was doing it with another guy who was doing much higher. Didn't feel too bad since I was already doing 175 for reps before SS. It wasn't heavy but I was losing some speed on a few reps. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Who said working out gives you an appetite? I feel sick every time rofl
Official Entusman #21
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
September 02 2011 16:06 GMT
#10863
On September 03 2011 00:23 infinity21 wrote:
Anyone have a way to consume creatine in a passable fashion? It was threatening to come straight back up


green mag by controlled labs is a refreshing drink, but a bit pricier.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 02 2011 16:08 GMT
#10864
On September 03 2011 00:23 infinity21 wrote:
Anyone have a way to consume creatine in a passable fashion? It was threatening to come straight back up

Also, jumped my squat from 120 lbs to 135 cause I was doing it with another guy who was doing much higher. Didn't feel too bad since I was already doing 175 for reps before SS. It wasn't heavy but I was losing some speed on a few reps. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Who said working out gives you an appetite? I feel sick every time rofl


Are you trying to mix it in water? It takes so much fluid to mix that that could be the problem. I have taken to just pouring a spoonful on my tongue and swallowingit with a few mouthfuls. Little gritty but no problems.

Losing speed will happen. Keep pounding out those reps.

As far as feeling sick... his soon before the lift do you eat, and what are you eating at that meal?
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
September 02 2011 16:09 GMT
#10865
I put creatine in my post-workout shake, tastes slightly worse but barely noticeable. If you don't drink protein shakes I don't really know, you'll have to mess around
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 02 2011 16:16 GMT
#10866
I'll just mix creatine (unflavored monohydrate) with water. Tastes like water, need 2 glasses to get most of it down because it doesn't mix well.
Phyres suggestion with spoonfull in mouth and swallowing it with water works too.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 02 2011 16:26 GMT
#10867
I used to do what glurio does, but I found myself needing 64 ounces of water to get everything out of the glass. This way is just easier.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 02 2011 16:31 GMT
#10868
On September 03 2011 01:08 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 00:23 infinity21 wrote:
Anyone have a way to consume creatine in a passable fashion? It was threatening to come straight back up

Also, jumped my squat from 120 lbs to 135 cause I was doing it with another guy who was doing much higher. Didn't feel too bad since I was already doing 175 for reps before SS. It wasn't heavy but I was losing some speed on a few reps. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Who said working out gives you an appetite? I feel sick every time rofl


Are you trying to mix it in water? It takes so much fluid to mix that that could be the problem. I have taken to just pouring a spoonful on my tongue and swallowingit with a few mouthfuls. Little gritty but no problems.

Losing speed will happen. Keep pounding out those reps.

As far as feeling sick... his soon before the lift do you eat, and what are you eating at that meal?

It probably doesn't help that I'm in the loading phase lol

I've done most of my training fasted. Don't want to risk throwing food back up during the workout
I just have some BCAA before heading off to the gym and sip on in throughout the workout.
Official Entusman #21
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 02 2011 16:34 GMT
#10869
On September 03 2011 01:31 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 01:08 phyre112 wrote:
On September 03 2011 00:23 infinity21 wrote:
Anyone have a way to consume creatine in a passable fashion? It was threatening to come straight back up

Also, jumped my squat from 120 lbs to 135 cause I was doing it with another guy who was doing much higher. Didn't feel too bad since I was already doing 175 for reps before SS. It wasn't heavy but I was losing some speed on a few reps. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Who said working out gives you an appetite? I feel sick every time rofl


Are you trying to mix it in water? It takes so much fluid to mix that that could be the problem. I have taken to just pouring a spoonful on my tongue and swallowingit with a few mouthfuls. Little gritty but no problems.

Losing speed will happen. Keep pounding out those reps.

As far as feeling sick... his soon before the lift do you eat, and what are you eating at that meal?

It probably doesn't help that I'm in the loading phase lol

I've done most of my training fasted. Don't want to risk throwing food back up during the workout
I just have some BCAA before heading off to the gym and sip on in throughout the workout.


I find I feel worse fasted than when I eat 2 or 3 hours beforehand. Have you tried non-fasted?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 02 2011 16:38 GMT
#10870
Awesome shit nazarene!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 02 2011 16:52 GMT
#10871
On September 03 2011 01:34 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 01:31 infinity21 wrote:
On September 03 2011 01:08 phyre112 wrote:
On September 03 2011 00:23 infinity21 wrote:
Anyone have a way to consume creatine in a passable fashion? It was threatening to come straight back up

Also, jumped my squat from 120 lbs to 135 cause I was doing it with another guy who was doing much higher. Didn't feel too bad since I was already doing 175 for reps before SS. It wasn't heavy but I was losing some speed on a few reps. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

Who said working out gives you an appetite? I feel sick every time rofl


Are you trying to mix it in water? It takes so much fluid to mix that that could be the problem. I have taken to just pouring a spoonful on my tongue and swallowingit with a few mouthfuls. Little gritty but no problems.

Losing speed will happen. Keep pounding out those reps.

As far as feeling sick... his soon before the lift do you eat, and what are you eating at that meal?

It probably doesn't help that I'm in the loading phase lol

I've done most of my training fasted. Don't want to risk throwing food back up during the workout
I just have some BCAA before heading off to the gym and sip on in throughout the workout.


I find I feel worse fasted than when I eat 2 or 3 hours beforehand. Have you tried non-fasted?

Not really an option for me atm since I'm trying IF and my community gym is full of retards in the afternoon & evening (it only has 1 squat rack so I need to go there early).
Official Entusman #21
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 17:16:15
September 02 2011 17:08 GMT
#10872
Great pictures Nazarene. Where you from in Denmark? Take me as your apprentice! :<

Also that's a pretty good tip on consuming creatine phyre, thanks.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 02 2011 17:28 GMT
#10873
awesome pictures nazarene!

@ffgenerations, did you look at the shopping lists in the OP? You might get some ideas from that.

@phyre, the gym only looks that nice because the owner of my gym donated equipment there haha.
http://www.dailytargum.com/2.4985/20k-of-weight-training-equipment-donated-to-u-1.1500043
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
caruso
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany733 Posts
September 02 2011 18:10 GMT
#10874
Hey guys,

I'm again giving losing weight a shot while working out a little more rigorously than usual.

Two questions:

1) Sore muscles the next day - should I try ignoring the pain and still work out ot should I cool down and give myself a break every other day? The workout seems pretty inefficient, though, if I can't so it more often than thrice a week.

2) This is awkward... Is there a way to time the process of uneating (you know what I mean, don't make me say it) so it always occurs in the morning? Being at school, I use the facilities very reluctantly and I want to avoid it entirely. A mug of coffee doesn't always do the trick...
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 02 2011 18:44 GMT
#10875
On September 03 2011 03:10 caruso wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm again giving losing weight a shot while working out a little more rigorously than usual.

Two questions:

1) Sore muscles the next day - should I try ignoring the pain and still work out ot should I cool down and give myself a break every other day? The workout seems pretty inefficient, though, if I can't so it more often than thrice a week.

2) This is awkward... Is there a way to time the process of uneating (you know what I mean, don't make me say it) so it always occurs in the morning? Being at school, I use the facilities very reluctantly and I want to avoid it entirely. A mug of coffee doesn't always do the trick...


1) I personally recommend you join the Starting Strength train!! Everything you need is in the OP. After a while you won't be nearly as sore, the first few work outs are the worst. As a beginner you don't need to work out more than 3x a week, in fact, doing more than this is may be detrimental to your long term development.

2) Dunno, maybe someone else has a method for regulating bathroom time.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 18:50:28
September 02 2011 18:49 GMT
#10876
Thanks guys!

On September 03 2011 02:08 Advocado wrote:
Great pictures Nazarene. Where you from in Denmark? Take me as your apprentice! :<

Also that's a pretty good tip on consuming creatine phyre, thanks.


I live in Copenhagen, train (and work) at CrossFit Butcher's Lab and Garage :-)

PR power clean today, 110 kg. Very solid lift, I think I can get 115 too. But that's for next time!

Edit: Lower back is destroyed after PC and deadlift. Good thing it's weekend now.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 02 2011 19:13 GMT
#10877
On September 03 2011 03:10 caruso wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm again giving losing weight a shot while working out a little more rigorously than usual.

Two questions:

1) Sore muscles the next day - should I try ignoring the pain and still work out ot should I cool down and give myself a break every other day? The workout seems pretty inefficient, though, if I can't so it more often than thrice a week.

2) This is awkward... Is there a way to time the process of uneating (you know what I mean, don't make me say it) so it always occurs in the morning? Being at school, I use the facilities very reluctantly and I want to avoid it entirely. A mug of coffee doesn't always do the trick...


1. What is your workout?

2. What is your diet? Diet affects digestive issues.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
September 02 2011 19:16 GMT
#10878
On September 03 2011 03:10 caruso wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm again giving losing weight a shot while working out a little more rigorously than usual.

Two questions:

1) Sore muscles the next day - should I try ignoring the pain and still work out ot should I cool down and give myself a break every other day? The workout seems pretty inefficient, though, if I can't so it more often than thrice a week.

2) This is awkward... Is there a way to time the process of uneating (you know what I mean, don't make me say it) so it always occurs in the morning? Being at school, I use the facilities very reluctantly and I want to avoid it entirely. A mug of coffee doesn't always do the trick...


1) If something hurts, don't ignore it. But if it's just sore, it's no problem. You're very likely to be sore when starting something new at least in my experience. I started a new program recently, and atm I'm hella sore just about everywhere. It sucks (I walk funny and can't raise my arms lol) But I know it'll go away in a week or 2 at most; I don't delay my workouts for it.
Also a 3-4x per week fullbody routine is right on the money for pretty much most lifters. Since you're asking this question, it's probably ideal for you too. Rest is super important. Take a look at Starting Strength, it's designed to bring all parts of you up to speed, conquer any weak links and just basically make you all-around stronger and bigger. No fluff, just a fullbody barbell workout 3x a week.

2) I think you just have to figure out how long it takes for you to digest the food that you eat via experiment. At least that's what I did. If it helps, I eat at noon, 3pm, 7pm and 10pm and uneat (cute word) every morning and occasionally evenings.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 19:38:11
September 02 2011 19:37 GMT
#10879
Attention:

I finished creating the rest of the sticky threads proposed by zatic in this thread for the new forum.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=11078061

Since I have to maintain those I am not going to start any of the other specific threads unless the other members want me to.

Remember, that you need to maintain threads that you start so..... feel free to rip any material from the OP of this thread if you need it (to start the SS thread for example) or any of my other posts. Additionally, feel free to request that other members help you out as well.

I may create the bodyweight thread is there is some interest for that because that is my primary area of expertise.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 02 2011 20:31 GMT
#10880
I'd be willing to create and maintain a basketball thread. Im sure that we have both some highschool kids who play on a school team, as well as people like myself who play intermural and pickup - hell maybe here's some college varsity players around TL. Its definitely a sport that would merit its own thread... just have to make sure I don't turn it into a "do SS" thread.
Prev 1 542 543 544 545 546 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 251
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 435
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1070
• Stunt181
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.