• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:05
CEST 07:05
KST 14:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8756 users

[HSC XV] Championship Sunday - Page 38

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 113 Next
This is also DH Atlanta LR during the break
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:22 GMT
#741
All of the "GSL" titles are simply conflation arising from the usage of the same three-letter acronym. A Code S is not the same as a Super Tournament, a World Championship, a Cataclysm, or any other fancy name given to a weekender that happens to be run by GOM or Afreeca.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
July 23 2017 17:22 GMT
#742
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

People have never been consistent about this stuff. Have you seen what counted for a premier in the early days?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-23 17:23:05
July 23 2017 17:22 GMT
#743
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.

I propose a motion to say "starleague titles" now instead of "GSL" and "SSL" to differ actual tournaments from the ones soO could win.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 23 2017 17:23 GMT
#744
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.


GOM literally made a special G5L trophy because that's how the community counted.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
July 23 2017 17:23 GMT
#745
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.

Stuchiu = the community
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:23 GMT
#746
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

Denial of evolutionary biology is also popular and consistent. Doesn't make it correct.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
July 23 2017 17:23 GMT
#747
I don't think I've seen anyone referring to Life as a 3× GSL winner.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-23 17:24:49
July 23 2017 17:23 GMT
#748
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

I propose a motion to say "starleague titles" now instead of "GSL" and "SSL" to differ actual tournaments from the ones soO could win.

I second that
would make easier for people to not forget Maru won a GSL (ok, an OSL, but we all know that was the same except the stupid bo1 ro32)
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 23 2017 17:24 GMT
#749
On July 24 2017 02:23 GumBa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
[quote]
why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.

Stuchiu = the community

"I retroactively award Mvp GSL Open Season 1 because he didn't play and would have beaten Fruitdealer" - stuchiu
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
July 23 2017 17:24 GMT
#750
On July 24 2017 02:24 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:23 GumBa wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
[quote]
I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.

Stuchiu = the community

"I retroactively award Mvp GSL Open Season 1 because he didn't play and would have beaten Fruitdealer" - stuchiu

5x champ confirmed
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
AzAlexZ
Profile Joined September 2016
Australia3303 Posts
July 23 2017 17:24 GMT
#751
On July 24 2017 02:23 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

Denial of evolutionary biology is also popular and consistent. Doesn't make it correct.

I applaud your scientific wisdom and straight-forwardness.
Faker is the GOAT!
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 23 2017 17:24 GMT
#752
On July 24 2017 02:23 pvsnp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

Denial of evolutionary biology is also popular and consistent. Doesn't make it correct.


That's a stupid argument. One is a denial of proven facts, the other is you pushing your criteria down others' throats.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 23 2017 17:24 GMT
#753
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:05 pvsnp wrote:
Holy shit, Gumiho lost to Zest?

I just got here and didn't bother to check the bracket because I assumed Gumiho won for sure.

*checks liquipedia*
My god, it's true!

why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.

I propose a motion to say "starleague titles" now instead of "GSL" and "SSL" to differ actual tournaments from the ones soO could win.

you will just make the BW community even more butthurt
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:24 GMT
#754
On July 24 2017 02:23 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
[quote]
why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

I propose a motion to say "starleague titles" now instead of "GSL" and "SSL" to differ actual tournaments from the ones soO could win.

I second that

Third (and I will note that I have used "Starleague" as such before, as Olli will remember from my heated argument with him).
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 23 2017 17:25 GMT
#755
but is LRSL a Starleague ?
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
July 23 2017 17:25 GMT
#756
On July 24 2017 02:24 Olli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:23 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
[quote]
why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

Denial of evolutionary biology is also popular and consistent. Doesn't make it correct.


That's a stupid argument. One is a denial of proven facts, the other is you pushing your criteria down others' throats.


Please, tell me how a 32-player tournament played over the course of multiple months is functionally or in any other way identical to a 16-player (or less!) weekender.

Proven facts.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
July 23 2017 17:25 GMT
#757
Now for the 2 Koreans to bop the puny foreigners :[
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
July 23 2017 17:25 GMT
#758
On July 24 2017 02:23 GumBa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2017 02:22 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:21 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:20 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:19 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:18 Ej_ wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:17 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:16 Olli wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:13 pvsnp wrote:
On July 24 2017 02:11 Scarlett` wrote:
[quote]
why is this surprising

I'm not a huge fan of Gumiho, so I didn't assume he was invincible or anything. In fact, I think he's pretty inconsistent.

But still, the GSL champion losing to a guy who failed to qualify is....unexpected to say the least. Even with his inconsistency his skill floor should be above Zest. And Gumiho said himself that TvP is his best MU.


Zest played quite well though. Everyone knows Zest has the potential to beat GuMiho, and anyone else in the world. I find that reaction hard to justify just because he's done poorly for a while. People practice and improve, and in this case you're talking about a 3x GSL champion.

vs soO, vs TY, and ?

And the liberal interpretation of his GSL cup vs PartinG


It isn't liberal considering people count 4 GSLs for Mvp and 3 for Life.

Which is wrong. The GSL World Championship (that Mvp won) is LITERALLY the WoL version of GSL vs the World.

It is not a Code S by any stretch of the imagination and claiming otherwise is simply delusion.


And yet it's how the community counts it. Same with Life's Blizzard Cup. So gotta stay consistent.

What community? The only claim I ever saw about the special events counting as GSLs was Mvp's G5L trophy, but even then it was a bold claim.

Stuchiu = the community

I can verify that Stuchiu is always right.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
July 23 2017 17:26 GMT
#759
On July 24 2017 02:25 [PkF] Wire wrote:
but is LRSL a Starleague ?

Of course it is. It stands for Live Report Starleague.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
July 23 2017 17:26 GMT
#760
On July 24 2017 02:25 [PkF] Wire wrote:
but is LRSL a Starleague ?

No it's a level above.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 113 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 189
ProTech150
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3521
Shuttle 1469
Sharp 375
Dewaltoss 89
Mong 64
Noble 14
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Mew2King22
Other Games
summit1g8271
WinterStarcraft545
C9.Mang0257
Sick115
ViBE109
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Lourlo1069
• Stunt360
Other Games
• Shiphtur423
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 55m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.